Junoon - Aisi Nafrat, toh Kaisa Ishq

||JANTKI OS Contest Voting Round - 2||

swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Hello dear Junoonians!!!

Finally we reached to the second round of Voting for our OS Contest. 🤗.

As we got a tie btw the entries, we are selecting 5 entries instead of 4, for second round.👍🏼 Before proceeding to vote, please do remember the following rules 😳.

Rules

Please Vote for ONLY 1 Entry.
Please go through all the entries before voting.
Do NOT Vote for your own entry.
Do NOT advertise your own entry. If anyone is seen doing so, u will be disqualified.
Last but not least, Do NOT Create MID's for voting.
Last date for Voting is 17th February, 2013

Refer next 2 posts for the OS Entries.

Regards

Swetha & Tanya

on behalf of

Edited by swethasyam08 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swethasyam08 thumbnail
So Ready to read the entries 😉 No more delays, presenting to u the Entries now. Plz go through all n then vote. 😳

Entry 1

~Do Pyaar Mil Rahe Hain~

It had been one year since Prithvi and I started staying together because of our child marriage. His behavior changed towards me- he was kind, gentle now- and I had fallen in love with him. Yes, believe it or not, I was in love with the man who was imperfect for me according to the society, but perfect according to me. I was just too scared to go and tell him that I loved him.

I sat on the bed, remembering the day I fell in love with him'

I was walking in the village, going to buy some vegetables at night. After buying bringles, onions, tomatoes and potatoes, I was heading back home.

"Oh, why is this laundiya roaming around late at night?" I heard a familiar voice slurring- it was Laakhan.

I ignored him and started walking faster. Then I realized that there were more men with him.

"Stop laundiya! Or MEERA! I don't want to make you!"

My speed increased and I was close enough to running. Suddenly, Laakhan grabbed my hand.

"You are a beauty and I need to use you right now'" he said and pulled my pallu off my shoulder and I screamed out loud.

"Stop you b*****d! How dare you touch me?" I tried to run, but tripped and fell down. They were laughing as they came closer to me.

"Who is there?!" I heard a manly voice- it was Prithvi! The men including Laakan looked up at him. He was furious, and was walking quicker than ever. His eyes had turned red.

"How DARE you touch MY WIFE!!" he roared and began to beat them up. I felt different when he said that this time- my heart was beating faster, there was an adrenaline rush in my body and I felt I was floating when he said that.

I couldn't remember when he finished beating them; he picked me up wordlessly and carried me to our house. My eyes were fixed on his face. For the first time I realized that he was extremely good-looking. I felt protected in his arms. His eyes looked like pools of chocolate, his angular nose and jaw made me weak in the knees and his lips- they were looking so soft, pouty and kissable. I realized that he wasn't just my husband by rituals, but he was my soul-mate. I was madly in love with my Rambo Singh'

I snapped out of my trance as soon as I heard him scream my name.

"What happened, Prithvi?" I asked him.

"Where are my goggles? I can't find them anywhere! And I am getting late! Data has called me earl-"

I held his face and made him look at me. That move shut him up as well.

"Prithvi, calm down! I know where they are kept- in the cupboard. Now you take deep breaths and wait- I am getting them."

I left his face and felt sad because I did that but there was no time to think about all that! I ran in and found them. Grabbing them, I ran out again and gave it to him, grinning. He smiled and my knees became jelly.

"Ahem, you ARE forgetting something!" I told him

He looked at me, puzzled. I walked upto him and looked in his eyes.

"Mr. Prithvi is SO busy that he doesn't even have the time to straighten the collar of his kurta!" saying so, I made it alright, smiling at him.

"I don't need to bother about such things because my wife is there to do it all!"

I blushed slightly, he didn't know what he did to me when he said the word 'wife'! He didn't know that I was hopelessly in love with him.

"And remember to come early today, it is new year!"

Smiling at me, he went to the jeep and drove off- I waved till the jeep was out of my sight. I went inside the house, red-faced. If he only knew what he did to me'

Today was New Year's day, we were celebrating alone at home. Not exactly celebrating, we were just going to be together instead of going to the grand party that Papa was giving.

It was 8 at night and I had just finished preparing the dishes.

"Prithvi?" I asked him as he walked passed. Making my dupatta alright, I walked upto him and smiled. "Go and change na? We should start our 'party'. And by the way, what is your new year resolution?!"

He looked puzzled, "What is a new year resolution?"

I laughed, "It is something that you would want to do in the upcoming year. Like for example, work harder."

"Oh, okay. Meera, I will tell you my resolution later'not now." Saying that he walked away and I was puzzled.

We sat down after finishing our dinner to watch some TV- I persuaded him to get me one! I laughed while we watched Housefull 2 and found Prithvi staring at me.

"What happened?"

"I was thinking about my resolution'it is'"

I turned, facing him, "What is it, Prithvi?"

"Never mind, I will tell you later"

Soon, the song 'Do you know' began to play on the TV and I made him dance with me. He was confused initially but I made him hold me by my waist and I rest my hands on his shoulders as we danced. He became comfortable and began to twirl, whirl and swirl me. I laughed and danced along with him. The song ended as he dipped me and looked in my eyes- I was lost in his again.

Gently touching his cheek, I asked him about his New Year resolution.

"Mine is to'to keep loving you like the way I loved you last year."

My breath caught in my throat and I looked at him in shock! He actually loves me! I can't believe this! He made me stand again as I looked into his eyes.

"Prithvi, do you really-"

"No, I don't! I-I'you are too good for me. I am not even that educated and u are Delhi kii padhi-likhi city bred girl. You can have ten thousand males falling on their knees, begging so that u can be with them. I don't consider myself worthy enough, Meera'please forgive me for saying that"

He walked out of the room and I had an epiphany- Prithvi and I surrounded with our children while I am telling them a story, us looking happy and blissful. One of his arms was wrapped around me while our children were playing, running as they took the vision ahead with them. Happy tears rolled down my cheeks as I ran out to find him.

I heard the villagers while I ran out searching for him, "Ten, Nine, Eight!"

I saw a manly figure standing knowing that he was my Prithvi.

"Seven, Six!"

I yelled out his name and he stopped.

"Five, Four!"

I pulled him close to me.

"Three, Two and One!"

My lips covered his for a searing kiss. He was shocked initially but responded slowly. I took it slow as well because he was new to all this- I had still kissed my ex-fiancee. Things were different this time, not because Prithvi was a first-timer, but because I was IN love with him.

I knotted my hands in his hair, pulling him close to me. Hesitantly, his arms wrapped around my waist and I smiled against his lips. Gently, I deepened the kiss, helped him to learn, and tried to shower as much love as possible.

Now I think he had had enough of me taking the lead. He said against my lips, "You have been kissed by a boy before, now see how a man kisses you!"

I couldn't stop back a moan- he was so correct, Aakash was nothing like him! I found myself pinned to a tree and his lips found mine again. The kiss became urgent and I knotted my fingers in his hair, pulling him impossibly close to me.

I felt his lips brushing against my neck, kissing, licking, nipping and sucking and I moaned his name out loud.

"Prithvi!" I held him tighter than before.

His lips reached my ear and he said, "Love, as much as I want to go ahead, I can't. I can't and I won't. We need to get married again as child marriage is now a crime in our country. I want to see you wearing a bright red lehenga, blushing as I make you wear the varmala, mangalsutra and finally the sindoor. I want to see the happiness on your face when you have your graha pravesh. I want to see the want, the need and love in your eyes when I make love to you that night. But not tonight."

I nodded and hugged him, "Yes you are right Prithvi. If you don't mind then I will go back to Papa's tomorrow'and come back soon as your lawfully wedded wife!"
I felt his body shake as he laughed and kissed my hair, "By the way, what was your New Year resolution?"

I smiled, "Mine was to tell you that I am in love with you. But looks like you have done that already!"

He cupped my face and kissed me lovingly, with full of love. I returned the kiss with the same amount of passion. The stars shone and fireworks were everywhere- the ones in my mind and the ones that we happening actually.

I kissed and made up for the lost one year in his arms, waiting for the day we would finally become one.

Entry 2

New year Res' 'Don't talk to me'

It had been one whole week since their marriage that Mithvi had successfully completed without chopping each other's heads off yet.

Yet another fight had started between them over food, and household utensils.
'Enough'bass karo' screamed Meera her lungs out. She was hungry and tired for the last two days Prithvi hadn't fed her with proper food. He had only provided the dried Roti and Onion that Meera refused to eat.

'Mere pe awaz mat chadao' Prithvi yelled back with same amount of anger.  But this time he was completely fed up with the city girl 'Sehar ki chori' aka Meera's demands.

'Dekho tumhe jo karna hai karo, mujhe kuch suna nahi hai samjhi' demanded Prithvi.

Before Meera could reply, her eyes had become blurry and her hands in the air tried to say something, but soon she lost her balance and was about to hit the concrete. Prithvi held her arm with his and pulled her to his chest.

Meera had literally crashed onto Prithvi's chest, he was frightened for the last few times he remembered how weak she got when she fainted. Prithvi laid her on the cot, and rubbed her hands with his as they were cold,  'Hey bhagwaan, abh kya hogaya isko' worried Prithvi silently.

He hurriedly brought some water from the mud vase and sprinkled on her face. Meera's eyebrows moved in reaction, seeing that Prithvi sighed. However, Meera muttered something in her unconsciousness, Prithvi kept his ears close to her mouth but he couldn't hear it clearly.

Then he neared his ears more closer to her mouth almost touching it, 'Prithvi'.' muttered Meera.

In an immediate response Prithvi whispered 'Haan bolo Meera' he replied in husky voice.

'Prithvi'' she muttered again.

Prithvi had moist eyes in fear, 'Ye meri zimedari hai, mai ye kaise kar sakta hoon' thought Prithvi, 'Daatta ko kya kahunga mai' he thought yet again.

'Prithvi'' she muttered again. This time Prithvi was irriated and in anger he shook her shoulder and said 'Aeee Ladki aage bhi kuch bolegi kya'

Soon reality hit Prithvi's mind that she was unconscious 'Meerraaa'' whispered Prithvi in pain. He couldn't see her like that at all. Even though he might hate her, but he couldn't let see her die no way.

'Prithvi mujhse baat mat karooo' Meera yet again whispered in her unconsciousness, but this time she completed her sentence.

Prithvi was taken aback on the New Year's Eve.  PRithvi remembered how once Datta Thakur had told him about a tradition that mostly people in the city followed 'New Year Resolution' 'Naye saal ke badlav'

Meera's whisper pierced Prithvi every second from then on. His clock had struck 12 o' clock at night, and he had decided to make Meera's New Year Res to come true let it by hook or crook.

Even if it has been just a week, however from the last few days, Prithvi had gotten into an unbreakable habit of seeing 'The ladki' aka Meera in front of his eyes everyday as the dawn hit in the morning, and the as the twilight formed.

But Prithvi had decided to let her Res come true, he held her hand in his and slowly said 'Aee ladki, tum chahti ho ki mai tumse baat nahi karu, toh vohi sahi'
Saying so Prithvi hesitantly stared at Meera's innocent face, he noticed few strands of hair that fell on her face, he quickly but hesitantly tucked the few strands of hair behind her ears.

'Tum aisi shaant si bilkul achi nahi lagti ho' whispered Prithvi before going back on his side.

He lay on his bed watching Meera every few seconds to start with, to see if she was alright. Soon as Prithvi's sleep took over him he woke up every hour to check upon Meera. He was scared just for the sake of the words Daatta Thakur had spoken to him.

--

The dawn hit his face like never before, as he hadn't slept in for a while now. It was a peaceful sleep that he had got today. It was like a huge burden had left him as he wouldn't be talking to Meera.

'Itna bhi mushkil nahi hai' Prithvi muttered as he woke up and sat upright on his cot. He glanced over to Meera, but she wasn't in the room.

'Abh ye kaha gayi..uff ye musibat' Prithvi once again whispered to himself.
Meera walked in with a towel tied on her wet hair and few loose strands of hair played on her face. Meera saw Prithvi glaring at him she questioned, 'Ohoo Rambo singh chaukidari karke uth gaye aap'

Prithvi was about to speak but remembered his promise, he nodded in reply and went for a shower.

Meera knocked the bathroom door, 'Oye Prithvi, mujhe kuch paise chahiye saman kharidna hai' Meera informed him.

Prithvi did not utter a word to her neither did he mumble to himself. He was quite, mourning in silence.

'Ye Rambo singh ne kuch ulta seedha kha liya kya jo kuch bol nahi raha hai' thought Meera.

Meera shrugged her shoulders and went on to do her house chores, Prithvi was out of the bathroom he dressed up and left without uttering a word to Meera.
'Aaarey Rambo singh, sunoo toh' called Meera from his back. But Prithvi did not reply, he left as if he didn't hear a word.

'Rambooo singh'' Meera continued but her calls were all in vain.
Meera went to the idol she had in her room, she was about to complain. But before she could say a word she saw 200 rupees left for her on the table.

'Aarey wah Rambo singh, kya kamaal ka kaam kiya h tumne' appreciated Meera with a smile.

Prithvi had come back to get a file he had forgotten to take along with him, but he was lucky to see Meera smile because of him. After a week it was today when he saw a smile creeping up on Meera's face.

Prithvi's heart was fulfilled; he was smiling inwardly in a reply to her smile. It was magical for the first time ever.

The silent treatment had been working, as Meera was impressed by Prithvi's antics. Meera hadn't left a stone unturned to inwardly impress Prithvi with her antic i.e. by making healthy homely food for the first time.

As Prithvi had left some money behind for Meera, she had sensibly used it to buy grocery and prepared mouth-watering dishes for Prithvi.
Meera had been tired waiting for Prithvi for lunch, but he skipped that he was planning on skipping his dinner that's when Datta Thakur himself dropped Prithvi home as his jeep's tier was flat.

Meera waited intently for Prithvi's arrival, she was excited to see as to How Prithvi would react to her food and cooking. Prithvi walked in to his house compound, saw Meera.

'Aagaye tum, jaldi se haath muh dho lo mai khana lagati hu' said Meera excitedly for the first time ever.
'Aarey wah ye mera intazar kar rahi thi' thought Prithvi.

Yet again, Prithvi was about to yell at her for something he had spotted in his compound but he controlled. He did as she said, 'Kya baat hai Rambo singh, aaj bahut hi badle badle se lag rahe ho' thought Meera in her mind.

He obeyed just as Meera had asked too, she was pleased with Prithvi's sudden behaviour but she was clueless. 'Aaoo Prithvi baito' she requested him.

Prithvi sat in front of her, and had the delicious dal, chawal and pyaz. Few minutes later, as soon as he was done he burped as he was full. He wanted to appreciate her for the fantastic cooking skills but his promise kept him sealed.

Meera was astonished by the response, which Prithvi gave her. She was completely dumbstruck.

Meera was about to question Prithvi but he was long gone to sleep immediately after his dinner.

'Arrghhh' Meera reacted frustrated. 'Tareef nahi kiya toh bhi theek hai, lekin kuch toh bolte na Rambo singh' Meera yelled in frustration. It was well heard by Prithvi but still there was no response from his side.

His sudden silence was killing Meera slowly from inside, but at the same time Prithvi was enjoying it.

Few Days had passed by, just the way Prithvi had promised; it was yet another complete of another successful week of their marriage, and a week of Prithvi's silence.

It was the final point of Meera's patience. Prithvi came home just like every other day and today once again like every other day Meera had prepared dinner for both of them. It was slow but soon Meera had stop saying things to Prithvi directly.

Meera had served the food on Prithvi's plate, he sat and silently had the food. Suddenly, Prithvi said 'Aaahhh'.'

'Kya hua Rambo singh' questioned Meera with a smirk playing on her lips.

'Aaahhh pani'pani' came out Prithvi's voice.

'Maine kuch suna nahi' teased Meera.

'Aaahhh Aahhh pani pani'' Prithvi's eyes had turned red due to the amount of chilli powder that Meera had used in her curry.

Prithvi got up and ran into the bathroom washed his mouth thoroughly. Meera saw his wince increasing, she felt pitty for him and brought a glass of milk that was left over from the morning.

Prithvi, made weird noises due to the chilly, 'Ye lo Rambo singh pi lo' said Meera.
'Humko nahi chahiye tumhari koi bhi cheez' replied Prithvi.

'Aarey wah, zuban hai matlab, mujhe laga koi sher ya bhalu ne kha liya hoga' said Meera firmly with watery eyes.

His voice had sent a sudden vibe down her spine and heart;  'it is completely refreshing to hear his voice' felt Meera.

Prithvi bit his tongue once he realised that he had broken his promise, though he talked to her after a week.

'Tumhe kya hogaya tha Prithvi, baat kyu nahi kar rahe the tum?' Meera questioned with a firmness in her voice.

'Tumhe farak kya padta hai, mai baat karu ya na karu' justified Prithvi

'Aarey tumhe pata hai ki, kitna mushkil the ye ek hafta' questioned Meera.

'Mushkil kyu? Humara jhagda nahi hua isliye kya' asked Prithvi mockingly.
Meera walked towards Prithvi while he walked backwards, mujhse kyu nhi baat kar rahe the tum she asked firmly with a sudden wifey right.

'Meri marzi' replied Prithvi.

Prithvi couldn't control his anger,  he walked towards Meera where she walked backwards 'Yaad hai tumne hi mujhe kaha tha, mujhse baat mat karo Prithvi' he recalled Meera's words

However, Meera couldn't remember 'Ye maine kab kaha' she questioned
'Jab tum behos hogayi thi tab tumne kaha tha, voh bhi uu kya bolte hai Naye saal ka badlav bolkar' kaha tha confirmed Prithvi.

Meera could remember parts of the wording, suddenly jumping onto Prithvi with words 'Mai tumhe kahungi kuwe mai kud jao toh tum karoge kya Rambo singh' Meera interrogated him.

'Nahi' he replied

'Fir maine kya bol diya ki mujhse baat mat karo toh tum mujhse baat nahi karoge kya?' questioned Meera with moist eyes. 'Nahi' he replied immediately.

'Mera matlab haan', replied Prithvi staring down at Meera's moist eyes.

'Ye kya haan nahi laga rakha hai, javab do Prithvi' Meera asked solidly.
'Karunga na baat tumse, aise kyu puch rahi ho, abhi kar toh raha hu na mai' rectified Prithvi.

Meera's moist eyes had soon started flowing and Prithvi had a smile glued to his lips with Meera's reactions.

Meera inwardly smiled with the water streaming down her eyes, she crashed onto Prithvi's chest embracing him tightly. It took few seconds for Prithvi to sink into the situation and he embraced her back.

Shortly Meera realized how his quietness killed her completely, she hit his chest lightly with her fist and said, 'Dekho Rambo singh vaps kabhi aise mat karna varna anjaam bahut bura ho sakta hai'

Prithvi cupped Meera's face with his index finger and thumb making her eyes meet his, his smile widened furthermore with her concern and sudden love he saw in her eyes.

'Nahi karunga meri Jhansi ki Rani'

Meera's eyes had almost popped up in shock with his words, but her eyes had widened furthermore, with the sudden feel of his lips crash on her cheeks. 'Chonko mat, mai hi hu' Prithvi confirmed shortly kissing her forehead assuring his life to her.

Meera in excitement kissed him back on his cheek, but soon Prithvi dunged his head into her hair embracing her once again and his cheeks turning crimson red.

Entry 3

... He bridged their worlds...

She watched in horror as the woman beat up the child with a broom stick !

"Hey , stop that', she shouted "You can beat a child like that".

The woman turned at her angrily, "Stay out of this, he is my nephew and I can do whatever I please with him. He deserves to be punished for disobedience".

Meera swiftly walked up to the woman and freed the child from her grasp. She pushed him behind her and said, "Let me talk to him please, I'll make him understand".

"Hmmmph" snorted the woman, "Take him home with you for all I care. One mouth less for me to feed".

Meera watched her stomp away, and turned to the boy hiding behind her skirt.

"You can come out now, what mischief have you been up to now?" she admonished in mock anger.

The lad smiled at her through broken teeth, he reminded her of a pixie, with a mischievous smile and an unruly mop of hair.

"Bhabi, you handled Mami wonderfully, now take me home and give me some laddus", so saying he grabbed her hand and tugged her towards her house. "And since mami has permitted you to take me with you, I'm going to stay with you tonight", declared the young imp with a twinkle in his eyes.

Meera smiled and ruffled his unruly hair. 

Home, she mused, the word didn't surprise her any more. It was more than a month since she began living with Prithvi.

She gave the child some sweets and began preparing for the night meal.

For the whole world they were a newlywed couple, starting their life together. Only they both knew how far that was from the truth. They were just waiting for the uproar regarding their marriage to settle down. Then she would go back to Delhi and resume her old life.

But Delhi seemed a distant dream now, she hardly thought about her life there. She almost didn't mind if she never went back.

She and Prithvi had settled to an uneasy but peaceful routine. He was up at the crack of dawn and out of the house before she awoke.

She would awake a while later and begin her day with cleaning the house and making breakfast. Then she left for the village school where she helped the woefully inadequate staff in whichever way she could.

By the time she returned home it would be nearing lunch time. She'd quickly rustle a simple meal of rice and curry or roti and salad. She didn't like eating alone so she didn't bother too much about what she ate.

Prithvi never came home for lunch. He would come home while she was away at school, finish his bath and have the breakfast she kept for him and go back to work. He would either go to check on the granary or the fields or go with Datha to help with the panchayat work.

He always washed up after he had had breakfast. She always found the kitchen clean for her to cook the next meal. The washed vessels were stacked to dry out. He refilled the huge brass water pots with water from the well, which she could use for cooking and drinking. He saw to it that there was enough firewood for her to use.

If anyone had told her a couple of months back that she would be living a total rustic life with no modern amenities whatsoever, she would have scoffed at them.

She had had her share of disasters in the kitchen; the meals were either undercooked or charred. Brunt and nicked fingers bore testimony to her trials in the kitchen.

Prithvi didn't complain, not once, he just ate whatever she served and left without any comment whatsoever.

Now, with help from her mother and Prabha she had learned to master the art of churning out a respectable and palatable meal with relative ease.

He always returned late at night, after she had turned in. In the soft glow of the kerosene lantern she would watch him serve himself dinner and go to the courtyard to have his meal.

He had shifted his charpoy in the corridor, and usually retired awhile after he had his dinner.

She marveled how two people could be so near yet so far. It was like they had come to an unspoken agreement never to come in each other's way.

Now and then, they were invited to the haveli to partake in some religious or social gathering. Or she would decide to go to the market or temple. She just had to ask him and he would be there promptly to pick her or drop her.

The only time they shared some light-hearted banter was when Jeevanlal come to visit them. He always got them relax and let their guard down. His antics had them laughing together without reserve.

The sound of Jeevanlal fiddling with her ipod brought her back to the present.

Soon she had made rice, dal, rotis and baigan subji. She'd cut some fresh vegetables for a salad too.

"Come Jeevanlal, let's eat", she called the child who was out listening to songs on her ipod.

"Let's wait for Bhaiyya", he called back.

"No, he'll be late '."

"There he is", shouted the imp and ran outside on hearing Prithvi's jeep.

He's back early today, she thought as she walked to the door.

She watched as Jeevanlal flung himself at Prithvi who, with a deep laugh picked him up and hoisted him up his shoulder, tickling him at the same time.

The child shrieked with laughter and tried to escape from his hold.

Meera watched with a smile on her face. He was so good with the kid. He would make a wonderful father, she mused.

He saw Meera at the door, she was smiling, She looked almost ethereal in the soft glow of the lamp.

He put the child down. Jeevanlal was talking nineteen to a dozen, telling him how Bhabhi rescued him from his Mami's wrath and how Mami had asked her to take him away.

"So, I'm to stay here tonight", he announced. "And hurry up; we are waiting for you for dinner".

Prithvi smiled and patted him on his head, "Go set the plates, I'll freshen up and come in a moment".

The child skipped away happily.

Meera was watching him intently, for a while they stood there looking at each other.

"Bhabhi, I've set the plates and filled up the jug of water, now come on and serve quickly"

Jeevanlal's voice broke the spell and she hurried into the kitchen.

Soon Prithvi joined them and the three of them sat down to eat.

Meera was busy helping Jeevanlal with his dinner. She asked him to be careful as the curry was still hot. She then tore up his roti into little pieces so that he would find it easier to eat. She admonished him when he stuffed his mouth with too much rice and then tried to speak at the same time.

Prithvi was watching her with a smile on his face. When Meera looked at him enquiringly he shook his head and resumed eating.

When they were done eating, "Go and sit outside the two of you, I'll clean up and join you there".

Disregarding her protests, he pushed the two of them outside.

As usual Jeevanlal wanted to hear about the city of Delhi from Meera and she told him about the various places in and around Delhi.

"Let's all go to Delhi once", said Jeevanlal as Prithvi came out of the room.

"Sure" said Prithvi as he settled on his charpoy. "Your Bhabhi will take us around and show us the place" he said looking at Meera with a smile.

"Of course", she answered. "And don't forget Agra, you have to see the Taj in the moonlight"

"What Taj?", questioned Jeevanlal immediately. And Meera told him the story of the Taj Mahal.

"So the Emperor and his wife loved each other very much. Just like you and Bhaiyya", finished Jeevanala giving Meera a very pleased look.

Meera went red on hearing this and she was at a loss for words.

"Com'on you imp, let's make shadow puppets" interjected Prithvi and managed to distract the child's attention.

Soon the two of them were busy making various shapes with their hands and fingers and watching the images in the shadows thrown by the lantern.

Meera got up and went to her bed, she lay down on her back and stared at the ceiling, what was she doing with her life? She felt like a rudderless boat being carried away by the waves. She seemed to have no control at all on her life.

At least earlier there was the hope that she would go back to Delhi and Akash. But as days passed she and Akash just drifted apart. Now he hardly called and she sadly realized that she didn't miss his calls either.

In her heart she knew it was all over between her and Akash, even if she returned to Delhi, they would not be together again.

With a start she realized she had thought "if she returned to Delhi" and not 'when".  Did that mean that she had no intention of going back ? But what was there to keep her here? Soon the hullabaloo of her child marriage would die down and she would be free to leave.

But did she want to leave ? And more importantly did Prithvi want her to leave ? "Of course he did,' she admonished herself. 'Why would he want her to stay? She was just someone he put up with temporarily. After all he would be too glad to get back to his earlier carefree life'.

Just then Prithvi came in carrying a sleeping Jeevanlal in his arms, "Is it alright if he slept with you here? It's too cold outside".

"Sure" said Meera, getting up immediately and straightening the sheets. Gently Prithvi lowered the sleeping child and turned to go out.

"Prithvi" called Meera, "You should be sleeping inside too, it is quiet cold outside today".

"No, I can manage '" began Prithvi, when she interrupted him.

"Please, you could fall ill", she said gently.

He looked at her for a while and nodded.

The two of them together got his charpoy inside and made the bed for him.

"Thanks", he said and smiled at her.

She smiled and nodded. She turned down the wick of the lanterns and carefully got into bed beside the sleeping child. She covered the two of them with the quilt and closed her eyes.

Several minutes later Prithvi heard the soft sound of breathing from the other bed. He turned towards them, propped himself on his elbow and watched them sleep.

Meera's arm was thrown around the child and Jeevanlal had gripped her palm in both his hands. They looked adorable together. He swallowed the lump in his throat.

She would make wonderful mother, thought Prithvi wistfully. He lay on his back and stared at the ceiling. Once again it was going to be a long night!

Edited by swethasyam08 - 11 years ago
swethasyam08 thumbnail

Entry 6

Glass Bangles

I walked into the house dejectedly. It was another day of pretence, another day of rituals, another day of lies. All the ladies in Barahgaon had given us newly-weds gifts that we could use in starting our life together. Traditionally speaking, a girl could want nothing more than a wedding present from her mother. But all I got each time I looked at Bittu was either a cold glare for the deed I had done or a sympathetic one for the condition I was in. I couldn't explain why, but a part of me wanted her to give me her blessings in a material form as a keepsake, so I was disappointed that she didn't.

I couldn't express this in front of anyone close to me as Pitaji would fuss over the issue, Prabha thakurain would probably not be able to do anything about it, Bittu would berate me for taking this wedding seriously and Prithvi, well, I didn't think he cared anyway. So I just pondered everything in my heart, hoping this feeling would go away and I would, in fact, realize that this marriage was all a "naatak".

Giving all the presents we'd received a look of disinterest, I walked over to my bed, noticing that Prithvi hadn't come home yet. As I sat on my bed, I noticed a little gift-wrapped box near my pillow. "That's strange", I thought, "I'd kept all the presents away." But curiosity had the better of me and I slowly opened the box and lifted the lid to see the most beautiful set of bangles I had ever set my eyes on. There were glass bangles the perfect shade of my favourite colour, intertwined with glittering stoned ones and a few delicate golden ones. Only Bittu could know my favourite colour!! She had sent me a gift after all! Grinning like a little kid who got her candy, I put them on to find them fitting like they were custom-made for me. I ran to the mirror and shook my hands to hear the jingle of the bangles. I couldn't stop admiring their beauty and how elegant they made my hands seem.

As I was parading my new bangles before the mirror, I suddenly saw Prithvi and Bittu's reflection in the mirror. They seemed like they had been talking. Bittu suddenly came and held me by the shoulders. "Miu, stop it! Stop acting like you're pleased with everything that's happening around you! And get those bangles off! Only married women wear these glass bangles!"

Saying this, she took my hands to break the bangles and it was at that instant that I saw an expression in Prithvi's eyes that I couldn't understand. Fear? Possessiveness? Anger? Concern?

Something came over me in that instant and I stopped Bittu. She looked at me in shock, then at Prithvi in anger and stormed off muttering, "You don't know what you're doing, Miu."
I had stopped Bittu!
WHY had I stopped her??
I suddenly felt the wetness of my emotions as they flowed down my cheek without my control.

After she had left, I turned around to face Prithvi who had his eyes lowered to the ground. I walked up to him, lifted his face and let my eyes question him. All he said was, "I remembered the day when you put on the bangles I had bought Sunehri with Dulhan Maa's help and she yelled at you. I saw you so happy when you wore them and also the hurt when Sunehri asked you to remove it. I just felt that you hadn't smiled since the marriage, so what could be better than bangles! I just saw these at the baazar when I was out shopping for the vegetables and thought the colour would look beautiful on you.  And I knew you wouldn't wear it if you knew it was I who gave it to you, so I left it with the rest of the gifts on your bed. I'm really sorry if I hurt you. I didn't mean to." He turned and walked to the window, staring out into the night.

"Woh itna bhi bura nahi hai...", Prabha thakurain's words echoed in my ears.

I knew love was concern for the other, but love for a person who wouldn't love you in return was something I got to see that day. He was shattered by the insults hurled at him for being an orphan, but still saw to it that the one who had a family was happy. I walked to Prithvi and slipped my arms around him, feeling him stiffen at my touch.

"Thank you, Prithvi. The bangles are beautiful."

I didn't want to know what was going on in his mind, I just wanted to be close to the person who gave me a reason to smile on a day when my own mother couldn't. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all.

Entry 7

It hurts when someone you trust the most hurts you.

"It was me!" Lakhan said letting out an evil laugh. Prithvi's eyes almost popped out after learning the truth. Horror struck him. Lakhan waved his hand I front of his face. "What?!" Lakhan laughed again. "You know what you just have strength but no brains. You are so Prithvi that you couldn't identify my handwriting. What have you done? You are so dead!" He laughed again and he continued, "What will your Data think about you? Leave it! Let's make this death game more interesting and funny! What say?! If your Data Thakur gets to know he will obviously ask you to bring that city girl back safe and sound. How about you bring her back now? Can you beat death and then bring her back that too alive?" Lakhan finished while Prithvi rushed towards his jeep, hardly heard what Lakhan said.

The only thing he had in his mind was, "I have to bring Meera back safe and sound." He drove to the same place where he pushed Meera towards her death. He was all tensed and scared but for that innocent soul who did nothing. At last he reached his destination. By the time he reached it was evening. He was about to climb down the cliff when he thought, "What'if she' she.." "No nothing will happen to her. I will save her." Finally he gathered courage and climbed down. He couldn't trace her. It was difficult for him to spot her as it was pitch dark. He climbed down more knowing that he is inviting his own death. If he tripped once he will lose his life for he didn't care about it.

He looked here and there and he saw a few traces of blood. He clenched his fists and hit a tree. Why? Why didn't he think twice before taking such a step? He went further and saw a stole which was stuck on the edge of a rock. He took it and tears rolled down from his cheek.

He was walking then suddenly he stumbled over something and he fell beside that thing. He opened his eyes and saw it was none other than Meera. She was lying there unconscious. Blood oozed out from her head. There were few scratches on her hand and cheek. Her leg was bruised as well. Every single scratch, cut and blood pricked his heart. He went near her slowly.

"Please' Prithvi don't kill me!" He remembered her words before he pushed her down mercilessly. He touched her palm to feel her pulse but he couldn't. He cupped her face and he loudly said, "Meera' get up!" He shook her. But she didn't response. "Meera!!!" His voice echoed a few times as his scream was very loud.

Then he suddenly noticed that she was breathing but very slowly. He sighed in relief. He took a few steps back and leaned against a tree for support. "Thank you God from saving me from grave mistake." He finally picked her up and climbed up carefully. Finally he reached his jeep and took her to his house instead of Haveli. He placed her on his bed. He dressed her wounds and the he went to bring some water. He sprinkled it on her face. She gained consciousness but she was muttering, "Water.." Prithvi made her drink the water. Slowly she opened her eyes.

She touched her head as it was paining. But horror struck her when she the person who tried to kill her. She quickly got up from the bed and so did Prithvi. She was about to fall down when Prithvi tried to help her but she said, "Please'. Prithvi don't kill' me" That hurt Prithvi a lot. He expected her to hate him. But, instead she was scared of him. "Meera.." He said softly and went towards her but she went back.

"You know it hurts a lot when someone whom you trust the most hurts you. Although I didn't like you but I trusted you completely. I never thought that you hated me so much that you wanted to kill me. Prithvi I never hated you. But you did. I am right? Yes I am so stupid. You still hate me! God knows why you saved me but the truth is YOU HATE ME!" Meera said while sobbing. Slowly she fainted but Prithvi grabbed her and placed her on her bed.

He hated himself so much. She hated him now! She hated him. He cursed himself. Her words echoed in his ears, "You know it hurts a lot when someone whom you trust the most hurts you" He cried the whole night thinking what he has done. Things were different between them now. Now he cared for her but she is scared of him.

Will things be sorted out or God had something else stored in for them? 😭

-AnnielovesAdi- thumbnail
Omg 1 entry only hard to choose
Ok my vote goes to entry 7
bst of luck to all the participants
larimel22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Aaahhh this is so hard!! Only ONE?

Oh man! I guess my vote goes for entry 3 :)

All the best to all!! May the best win :)
sana2511 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
its soo tough to choose one...
ok mine is entry... 3...
congrats all of u...
rusha4003 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Just one ... that's tough !

My choice ... 6
mithvifan thumbnail
Wow, all r so good, I can't choose only one but I have to so...my vote goes to 1!
Miss.Awesome thumbnail
Hello!! I am new here but I have already fallen fr MiThvi! So I shall vote now. Congrats to all the participants n my vote goes to...1!!!!
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Entry 7 
Best of luck girls .