lizzie1765 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
On February 6, Rupali Ganguly tied the knot with her friend of 12 years, Ashwin K Verma. But the actor, visibly thrilled at this juncture, says she still can't believe she's married now. In this interview, she talks about how her wedding was every bit of a roller-coaster ride.😆 
you got married in a quiet ceremony. Why did you have a such a hush-hush wedding?
Ashwin and I don't like elaborate weddings, so we had a court marriage. Since I was busy shopping for the big day, Ashwin's sister, Shashi and brother-in-law, Arun, took charge and invited my friends, including those from my show, Parvarrish. They helped with the decorations and made the arrangements for the registrar, the pandit and the reception. I didn't want a big, dramatic wedding, but loads of drama happened anyway. 
Tell us more about that.
It took a while for things to sink in, to register that I was actually getting married.  In the run up to the big day, my brother kept saying, 'you are getting married' every five minutes. Because everything happened in such a hurry, I even forgot to invite many of my friends. And when I called my designer friend to pick up a sari, she was shocked to know that I was getting married in three days. There was no time to stitch blouses, so I matched saris with the blouses I already had. It was hilarious! And that's not all. Ashwin arrived late for the wedding. When I called and asked him whether he'd run away, he said he'd entered a one-way lane and gotten lost. Then, the pandit was hyperventilating because he had to rush to another wedding. Finally, Ashwin turned up in an ordinary shirt and trousers. I wore a red sari at the pheras. I kept laughing through the wedding mantras. 

Ashwin has moved from the US to Mumbai, right?  
Yes, and the fact that he did that just to be with me is his biggest commitment to our relationship. He is an ad filmmaker and was a VP with an insurance company in the US, but now he's working as a consultant with the same company. I can never live anywhere else but Mumbai, and since both our parents are here, his moving to the city was for the best. 

What is that quality that you like most in him? 
Till today, he's my friend first and I can talk to him about anything. It's remarkable how he tolerates me, because I can be difficult sometimes. Also, we didn't say 'I love you' to each other, nor did we propose. Somehow right from the time we were buddies, our families knew that we would get married. It was just a matter of time.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Good to know that the guy is good. Hope everything goes on smoothly for them.
madhoo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing.

Congrats Rupali!!
Sadme-Me-Hu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Nice interview.

Thanks for sharing!
pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7