HP Quiz -This isn't MAGIC, it's LOGIC ;) -Season 2 - Page 7

Posted: 11 years ago
Yes it is the pensive!!
I can't think of anything complicated!! *sighs*
About the picture...will try later! It took me fifteen minutes and still no picture!! Stupid phone! *throws phone and then checks to see if its still working...sighs with relief* ;p
avani its lyk u said our brains r getin sharper *winks* n we r partners rem had to think similar *winks again*
Then why wasn't i able to solve your riddle if we think on the same track! *pouts and sulks*
here's one:

i come from far,
to meet one with scar.
Wrong was situation,
but couldn't help intuition.
Close i was to goal,
slipped away endangering my soul.

Try it.
Sirius???

Avani...sorry missed yours. Just saw it now πŸ˜” Good one though!!! πŸ˜Š
true al bt i'l gv expl. Later. Gt 2 go.
@Oh my god! What a speed this thread is taking on!!
nice riddles guys. Sorry i missed all :-( :-( .

@hermy- that was a superb one. But how can TT rectify things? forgive me whenever i hear this time turner thing i get agressively debating! πŸ˜† I consider it a major flaw in JKR's creations.
And thanks for once again coming to my rescue ref cutie-cum-QT thing! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
and you havent been loosing your charm yaar. Students are getting quicker and smarter!πŸ˜ƒ

@as to the latest riddle, i too think its Sirius :)
Here's one---
Having lost the family members, one by one,
This guilt in my heart weighed a ton!
I couldn't fulfil the promise he extracted from me,
But i got another chance, with these three!
Slowly i became what i was always meant to be,
With this life, i would never want to be free!!
Originally posted by Lumos

@Oh my god! What a speed this thread is taking on!!
nice riddles guys. Sorry i missed all :-( :-( .

@hermy- that was a superb one. But how can TT rectify things? forgive me whenever i hear this time turner thing i get agressively debating! πŸ˜† I consider it a major flaw in JKR's creations.
And thanks for once again coming to my rescue ref cutie-cum-QT thing! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
and you havent been loosing your charm yaar. Students are getting quicker and smarter!πŸ˜ƒ

@as to the latest riddle, i too think its Sirius :)

Yeah you missed all...where are you???😑 Now you have to give two riddles in the next 24hrs to make up!!!   πŸ˜†

Well I can understand how you feel about the TT since I had many doubts about it myself. But after mulling over it a lot, I think it's quite acceptable the way JKR put it (remember it's a magical world after allπŸ˜‰). See the thing is, the Time-Turner doesn't really change anything literally, but gives you a chance to work on something, something that you wish to work on but think there's not enough time for----provided the deadline is not missed.

This can be explained with regard to both the scenarios mentioned in the book:

1. Hermione using it for classes/studying

2. Sirius' rescue mission

In both cases Hermione is aware of how to use it and of the pros and cons of being spotted by her former self or others. The deadline in situation 1 is, for eg: the time of the class she has to attend after the one she has attended by using the TT. And in situation 2 it is before Dumbledore locks them in the Hospital Wing.

So coming to your question, the TT does not rectify anything but like I mentioned in the riddle too, it provides an opportunity to rectify-----before it's too late (In the case of PoA, before Sirius can be subjected to the Dementor's Kiss). "Nothing can be changed because anything a traveller does would merely produce the circumstances he had noted before travelling."-Theory of Time Travel. 😊 Examples that can explain this is that in the actual time, Harry was also hit by a snail shell, and Hermione still heard the crack of a branch - which was what happened in the past.

The only fault, well not fault but deviation rather, that I found was that, in the book when the Time-Turner is used it takes the person back to the location where they were present at the time they'd gone back to. However, in the film, when the Time-Turner is used it leaves the person in the same place they were when they turned time back. πŸ˜†

Phewww...sorry for the long post, but concepts like these, take a lot of attention to detail! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜³

Originally posted by princess_avani

Here's one---
Having lost the family members, one by one,
This guilt in my heart weighed a ton!
I couldn't fulfil the promise he extracted from me,
But i got another chance, with these three!
Slowly i became what i was always meant to be,
With this life, i would never want to be free!!

My guess...Albus Dumbledore πŸ€”