The Buddy Project Season 2 - Now in College

1 Party, 2 Friends, 3 Steps. [RaHi OS]

sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago

"Hey, I need you."

No, she didn't say it but he heard it. Across the floor, when he was surrounded by all the girls and just for one second he glanced towards her. In that fleeting moment, she said it with the eyes and he heard it, loud and clear.

Before he could so much as breathe, she turned around to leave. And just then, a girl grabbed his hand in the most suggestive manner. He just looked at the stranger closing in and then at his probably ex-best friend walking away and he made the decision.

In the next few seconds and through a few strides and in front of a lot of people, he's by her side and he's grabbed her hand.

And they are dancing now.

No, it's not the dance that he usually prefers and it's definitely not the position she wants to be seen in. Center of the dance floor, dim lights, slow music and all the other romantic couples lost in each others' arms and eyes. But no, not them.

Sure, he has his one hand wrapped around her waist, the other holding her hand. She touches his shoulder gently and has her head buried in his chest. Refusing to look up...not that he's persuading her to.

"I missed you."

He whispers and she looks up. Sure, the lights are not that bright but he never needed them. He still remembers every inch of her familiar face and he just knows that those tears glittering in her eyes are something he never approved of.

But he isn't too fond of letting go her hand, fitting so perfectly in his'. Or remove his hand from her waist, not the tiniest of waists that he has held before but this one belonged in his arm like no other did. So he just gently puts his forehead on hers' and closes his eyes.

And suddenly, it's the most beautiful dance of their life.

They sit together, feet free of the shoes and legs dangling in the air.

The full moon shines brilliantly, the hint of stars in the polluted Mumbai sky and the stillness of the night. And two friends. They are talking, predictably. Though none of the discussed subjects touched the topic of the separation they shared in the past 6 months, it hardly mattered. They were back and everything was back to normal.

"What are you looking at?"

She catches him looking at her, with a smile playing on his lips; a smile she hasn't quite ever seen on his lips in all the years she had spent with him. The smile still on his lips, he leans towards her and puts his lips on hers'.

It is short, it is sweet and it's very innocent. To hell with the fact that they are legal adults in many countries of the world. But she closes her eyes at this contact and he just feels her pleasantly surprised reaction because his eyes aren't open either. And just as it happened, he broke away.

"Nothing, there was cherry on your lips. And I'm quite fond of cherries."

He points to her lips which are painted by her favorite cherry flavored lip gloss. Unintentionally, a blush creeps to her cheeks but he looks away at his left side while she observes the scene to her right. And just like that, his right hand's little finger intertwines with her left hand's little finger.

Yes, everything is back to normal.

*~*

[A/N - Yes! It's so cheesy-ish ๐Ÿ˜† First two "steps" were written while listening to "Kiss Me" by Ed Sheeran and the third one was written while listening to "Lego House", again by Ed Sheeran. I think it's fairly easy to understand. Anyway, kinda like how this turned out to be. A bit of a personal note below, feel free to skip that because it'll be LONG and more of a blabber.

So, TBP writers' have more of less butchered RaHi. But I'm not complaining. I've already said to Shaz that I'm over RaHi. It was good while it lasted. But these fleeting moments aren't enough for me to stick to them anymore. Unless we get a full fledged RaHi track, something which would redeem RaHi, make me love them again - I'm saying goodbye to them. And since RaHi getting a track is next to impossible, I'd rather move on. This OS is more like a closure. I haven't written anything in ages but today I sat down to write it, to finally and officially say goodbye. I do like RaHi, I cherish them and am quite fond of what they were but frankly, now I don't care anymore. Writers/PH/Channel never gave them a chance to be a lead couple, never really did explore their true potential post-TFP, kept messing and screwing them over. I fell for the individuals that they are and what they made each other. I still love Ranveer, he's my first and forever TBP love but aside from the Royal Annihilation of RaHi, the overall TBP track is losing focus and diverting heavily from what it promised. There are so many bloopers and plot holes that I don't have the strength to like TBP anymore. From what I feel, the show is going in a direction which is very much pathetic. Yes, TBP surprises us and I'd be happy if it just wakes up and gives us quality which it always can but honestly, I'm not counting even on that quality. There's so much locked frustration within me over this show which I want to vent out but can't...because it has all simmered down within me and just died. I'm so indifferent to TBP that I frankly and honestly don't care anymore. I will be doing WUs and maybe occasional discussion but doubt that my level of enthusiasm will come back. Maybe, in a few days I'll be going against my these very words and become a fangirl again, you never know so don't bet much on this monologue. But right now, I'd rather do anything than use my energy on TBP. Yeah, all this makes no sense but it was fun to type it all!

CC out! ๐Ÿ˜Ž]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Effervescent_R thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wow Mais  .. . its beautiful๐Ÿ˜ƒ
PS when are u updating ur PanSh ff?
Edited by blue_Orchid - 11 years ago
sourmisery thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: blue_Orchid

wow Mais  .. . its beautiful๐Ÿ˜ƒ
PS when are u updating ur PanSh ff?

thank you ๐Ÿ˜ณ

PanSh one? Never. It's abandoned ๐Ÿ˜†
Effervescent_R thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Mais

thank you ๐Ÿ˜ณ

PanSh one? Never. It's abandoned ๐Ÿ˜†

plz dont say that Mais its amazing!!
btw I do hope u know this is Rads๐Ÿ˜›
changed my username๐Ÿ˜†
sourmisery thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: blue_Orchid

plz dont say that Mais its amazing!!
btw I do hope u know this is Rads๐Ÿ˜›
changed my username๐Ÿ˜†

I know that it's you Rads ๐Ÿ˜† lekin jab pronoun se kaam chaling, so why bother with nouns ๐Ÿ˜Ž
yaar I lost all my inspiration for it...it was so long ago. I might finish it one day but don't bet on that.
-Lizzie- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Damn Damn Damn that was sooo fantabulously, marvellously and superbly written...   

RaHi โ˜บ๏ธ Even if i don't see them onscreen this OS just brought a 1000 watt smile on my face... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

*sigh* Keep writing more OS on them, even if I don't see them onscreen atleast reading about them makes me feel better ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Hey it ws ossum !!
Pls continue n pm me!!!
๐Ÿ˜Š
NonComposMentis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful.

A RaHi fic after a long time, and a good one for that.

BTW, I read that note...mainly because I tend to write long notes before and after my own fics...and because I kinda expect people to read those...I read notes written by others too. Crazy logic, I know.
Well, the thing is, I totally understand...I went through the same post Alpha Plus scenario.
I'm not a RaHi fan. Never was, never will be either (in all probabilities).
I know, being a KiSha fan and going by the way the preference has been given to KiSha, chances of me getting what I want...are much higher..than getting RaHi...but then again, you never know, right?
I never got how and why the hell the writers suddenly went for a time-leap...maybe they got too inspired by Shakespeare...I mean, Shakespeare didn't give a damn as to whether the time and even locations of his plays made any sense or not... *shrugs*
So well, the point of writing this is just that, I haven't given up hope...yet.
Being the kind of person I am, I've never found it difficult to ditch stuff...and at times even friends...but there has to be a reason, an incentive. So, currently...going by the current track, I feel there are chances of something good coming out of all this. TBP has always been unpredictable as it is...If it comes to my ditching TBP, well, Pride and Prejudice zindabaad. I'll get all the romance I want from that book.

Yeah none of the the above made any sense...and you're probably wondering what my purpose was to write all the bullshit that I wrote. I'm so sorry you had to read it all...if you read it, that is...if you didn't...well, good for you. I tend to blabber once I start talking about something I feel strongly about.
Sorry again.
Indebted,
Mugs.
..DamonCrazy.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Closure. Believe it or not, I kinda had a gut feeling of something of this sort. I do agree about the gaping holes in TBP. Still hoping. Though not as feverently as earlier:-(. I have lost quite a bit of my hopes too.

That being said...I do hope you do stay on forum, even if you don't join in frequently. Your thoughts were one of my favourites to read.

The OS was as usual wonderfully written. And very fitting.

On a side note...your avis is FLOORING me<3<3

JiyaRe... thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Beautiful OS.

This content was originally posted by: Mais

Writers/PH/Channel never gave them a chance to be a lead couple, never really did explore their true potential post-TFP, kept messing and screwing them over. 

That's a big drawback of the show and the channel.