Savitri

||Savitri Article Archives - NO COMMENTS||

swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Welcome to

of

Savitri

Here u will find all the articles related to the show n Cast.

Please refrain from posting any comments 😳

Regards

Swetha & Tanya
😳
Edited by swethasyam08 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Sumana Das to enter Life OK's Savitri

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 | 6:43:06 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    0 Comments
Sumana Das to enter Life OK's Savitri

The actress to play the role of Mishti in the show...

Sumana Das who was last seen in Imagine's Chandragupt Maurya will soon be seen in Life OK's Savitri.

The actress will be seen as Mishti in the show who will be a bubbly, fun loving person. Mishti will be Savitri's ((Ridhi Dogra Vashist) best friend. 

Both of them grow up together and support each other in every situation  that comes in their journey of life.

When called Sumana Das she told us, "Yes I am playing Mishti in the show. Savitri and Mishti are like sisters".

Sumana will be seen entering the show from tomorrow's episode.

Reporter and Author: Nadia Malik

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Riddhi is Savitri in real life too, says husband Raqesh

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 | 6:46:05 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    1 Comments
Riddhi is Savitri in real life too, says husband Raqesh

Actress Ridhi Dogra Vashisth, who is playing the lead in new show "Savitri", is like her character in real-life too, says her husband actor Raqesh Vashisth.

Actress Ridhi Dogra Vashisth, who is playing the lead in new show "Savitri", is like her character in real-life too, says her husband actor Raqesh Vashisth.

"She is actually Savitri because she stands up and lashes out at anyone, who says anything against me. She has always been very protective about me, she has always fought for me if I was right, she has always been there," Raqesh said here Monday at the launch of the show.

"Savitri" is the story of a woman and her immense love for her husband Satya and how she faces Rahukaal, the devil, to bring her husband back. The show went on air Monday onLife OK.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

First Review of Life Ok's Fiction Thriller 'Savitri'

[To set reminder and check TV schedule of Savitri click here...]

On February 18, 2013 when the clock stuck 20:30, it was time for the audiences to witness a new genre of experimental daily soaps. Modern day fiction thriller named Savitrihit the air on the channel Life OK.

A story of the era when earth is supposed to be ruled by the bad guy Rahu Kaal (Krip Suri) is described. He falls in love with princess Damayanti (Ridhi Dogra) who in turn is in love with Veer (Yash Pandit) – the senapati of her kingdom. In order to win Damayanti, Rahu challenges Veer to a battle, but tricks him and kills the love of Damayanti's life.

Before dying, Veer and Damayanti promise each other that they will take a hundred more births, if necessary, to be with each other. With this promise the show takes a leap and enters year 1990 (guess the biggest leap for any Indian Television show).

Damayanti and Veer are reincarnated as Savitri and Satya. Rahu Kaal's sister, who transforms shapes, keeps an eye on Satya and Savitri to ensure their love story begins. Why?? Don't get any wrong ideas. It is to being back her brother, Rahu Kaal from the dead.

Well, it was smart thinking on the part of the channel Life OK and the production house to air a "One Hour" launch episode. After all, they had to narrate a love story that happened at least 1000 years ago and then the stage for the modern day love story had to be set-up. The audiences were served complete platter in one go rather than in bits and pieces.
The multiple transitions from Damayanti-Veer era to Satya-Savitri during the episode was a good piece of work. Good enough to ensure the suspense element of the show is exhibited to the audiences.

It was an absolute delight watching the extensive use of high-end technology and computer generated special effects. Some of the shots were actually a treat to watch. Like the fight sequence between Rahu Kaal and Veer, shot in pitch dark, was a spine-chilling one.

The audiences, who are an ardent fan of fiction, would however have felt disappointed with certain shots. But overall, it was a great attempt and thumbs up to the production for pulling such stuff together.

Overall, the first episode of this show was more of a story-telling type where focus was on introducing the characters and set a pace for the story. Guess this was a reason for a slow start of the show on the channel (in terms of TRP) in-spite of all the publicity. With strong performances by all the actors, we expect the show should rise in ratings over a few days, as by then the characters will be established and the storyline will get evolved.

One thing for sure is that, with the introduction of 'Savitri', the channel Life OK has now created a new benchmark in the fiction category. This indeed is a brave attempt by the channel. Let's hope that the show stands up to the expectations and the channel Life OKis able to live up to its promise of delivering disruptive content. And don't miss to tell us your views, reviews and suggestions us onTwitter-iDubba and set reminders about your favorite shows on our iDubba app.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Ridhi€™s earrings lead to stitches

Neha Maheshwri, TNN Jan 31, 2013, 12.00AM IST
Tags:
  • Ridhi Dogra|
  • fetish|
  • earrings
(Ridhi Dogra )

Actress Ridhi Dogra is in a lot of pain. The girl has a fetish for earrings and just when she thought the fancy ones she wears for her upcoming show will satiate her craving, fate had it planned the other way.

The earrings were so heavy that it pulled apart her ear lobes. Ridhi had to be rushed to the doctor for stitches. The pain persists and she is upset about not being able to shoot due to the pain for the last few days.

FIZK6 thumbnail

Aamir€™s trainer trained Yash-Riddhi for Scuba

Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN Feb 18, 2013, 03.45PM IST
Tags:
  • Yash Pandit|
  • Savitri|
  • Riddhi Dogra|
  • hanif|
  • Aamir Khan

(Yash pandit and Riddhi Dogra )

Life OK's Savitri is all set to air its first episode tonight. This fantasy mega series deals with reincarnation, super natural powers, love, conspiracy and lot many elements.

In the recent candid conversation with the cast of Savitri, it was revealed that for the promo and pilot shoot, the cast and crew had to shoot under water sequence, for which professional trainer Hanif, who actually trained Aamir Khan for movie Talaash was called on the boards.

Talking on Scuba diving experience Yash Pandit shared, "Initially we were practicing in a normal swimming pool which felt like a cake walk for me. But when we went to Thailand for the shoot, I really had a nearly death experience. Fortunately we had a nice trainer Hanif, who understood me and build up a good spirit within me which made me to shoot not only 20 but 40 feet underwater."

Riddhi Dogra had a different story of amusement. "I really had a blast shooting underwater under such a great trainer Hanif; I actually wanted to stay in water forever and asked my team to leave me and go."

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Krip Suri & Reshmi Ghosh in Savitri

Stuti Agarwal, TNN Jan 28, 2013, 12.00AM IST

Savitri, a soon-to-be aired national show, will be based in Kolkata. The Kolkata leg of the shooting €" produced by Shabbir Ahluwalia â‚¬" will start from today. The cast of the serial will be camping here till February 13. However, protagonists Riddhi Dogra and Yash Pandit, will start shooting only from Wednesday.

The story of the soap, which is in the genre of horror-thriller-supernatural genre, will go back and forth 1,000 years and will also deal with reincarnation. In the present era, Riddhi plays Savitri while Yash plays her husband Satyabhan. Both the characters are based in Kolkata.

In the earlier era, Riddhi plays Damyanti while Yash plays a warrior prince. The main antagonist, Rahukal, will be played by Krip Suri, while Resshmi Ghosh will play his sister Goolika. Indrani Haldar will play mother to Satyabhaan.

The show is slated to go on air mid-February.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Life is all about loving your mother: Angad Hasija

TNN | Feb 28, 2013, 12.03 PM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
READ MORE Smoking|Heart|Dharti
Life is all about loving your mother: Angad Hasija
Angad Hasija
Mother is my world, it is true that we all love our mothers and this relation is beyond words. The right song to convey my feelings that isdharti pe roop maa baap ka Us vidhata ki pehchan hai.

Often everyone asks me that successful actors throw lot of tantrum and it is becoming like trend if you show attitude then people start considering you big star. On contrary I never felt the same in fact I could not show any tantrum because of I know what it takes to reach here. I will give credit to my mother Babli for this, as I have seen her struggling since from my childhood. 
It was because of her that I started valuing things and know the importance of struggle; it was really hard time for her to raise two sons alone. She was lonely and helpless; there was no one to support her. Further our camaraderie who would come to meet us they would under estimate her by saying that you can't stay alone and your kids won't be able to make it big and so on. It was so Heart wrenching but she never lost any hope. She kept working hard for us. I could sense her pain at times though I was small. 

Later when I did interior and had my own business she was always there for me. She is my biggest support system. My entry in this profession is also result of her encouragement. I was into interiors and had my own business, one day someone offered me to do an advertisement and later my mother told me that I should try my luck in acting. It was really tough for me to leave her in Delhi and shift my base to Mumbai for acting. However she did not show any tension on her face. 
My brother is very young and it was not easy for both of them to live there alone, as he was studying then. I know how she had spent her nights; she would cry whole night as there was no one with whom she can share her feelings. 

Today she is proud of me because she know that I have not changed a bit even after becoming successful. She was pretty confident about it and I am always thankful to her for giving me such good values .She taught me to value hard work and I completely believe in it. My mother is happy with my progress and the way my career is moving now. She often gets emotional to see me on screen. Surprisingly people who have told her that she will not be able to manage things have also started treating us differently ever since they have seen me on screen. 

As soon as I entered in this field many people told me that I should change myself and start adopting a few new habits like - Smoking and drinking. However I always felt that you do not have to do all that to get famous or get work. Once I did discuss all this with my mother and she told me that you are a mature person so she does not think that she should give hersuggestion. 
But she only said that if I think it is right then I should go ahead. She also told me that everyone should accept me as I am and I should not change myself just because someone is insisting me to do so. I realized that it is true and did not follow whatever my mates asked me to do. And today I can surely say that I was right and I do not regret anything. My mother is actually guiding light for me. Life is all about loving your mother. People who don't value there mother don't know that it's like refusing to accept existence of God. In my mother I see my God.
Share your views

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Producer responsible for many things, says Shabbir Ahluwalia

Thursday, February 28, 2013 | 4:55:01 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    4 Comments
Producer responsible for many things, says Shabbir Ahluwalia

Actor Shabbir Ahluwalia, known as the small screen's bad boy, is enjoying his new role as producer.

Actor Shabbir Ahluwalia, known as the small screen's bad boy, is enjoying his new role as producer.

Shabbir's first production venture was "Ganga Kii Dheej" in 2010 and his recent project is "Savitri", a fantasy drama that went on air on Life OK.

"Production is both fun as well as a complex job. When you are an actor, you have a role to play, but as a producer you are responsible for a lot of other things," Shabbir, 33, told IANS.

" 'Savitri' is a fantasy show, a first of its kind. The visuals of the show will be an experience for the viewers. It is a very different show," he claimed.

Is direction on Shabbir's wish list?

"Direction is not happening in the near future. One should take up one thing at a time. Producing is exciting me right now and I haven't thought about directing now. 'Savitri' is keeping me more than busy right now," he said.

As an actor, Shabbir is best known for his negative roles as Rishi Garewal in "Kahiin to Hoga" and Milind Mishra in "Kayamath".

He has also worked in movies. His silver screen debut was with 2007 hit "Shootout at Lokhandwala". He later did "Mission Istaanbul".

When asked about the transition from TV to films, he said: "For me, there has been no transition in terms of acting. The medium does not matter to me. TV and films, I believe, have equal amount of reach in term of viewership."

If the script is exciting, he says, the medium doesn't matter.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Satya to propose his lady love Savitri in Life OK's Savitri!

on Saturday at 02:42pm
Life OK is known to present something innovative and beyond the regular daily soap dramas. And after getting good response for its first reality show Welcome, helmed byRam Kapoor, the channel has recently launched Savitri. The show is a beautiful blend of ancient and modern Indian that stars Ridhi Dogra as Savitri and Yash Panditas Satya.

The show has opened with great viewership and to maintain the TRP the makers have penned down some romantic sequences which will strengthen the bond of Savitri and Satya. Sources say, Satya will propose Savitri in different ways and try to win her heart in coming episode.    

"He will be trying his level best to make her come out of her shell. Savitri will take a while to take things forward as this is after all the first time she is in love. Moreover, she is perturbed as she's having past life flashbacks. The pre-marital romantic track will be on for a while. The couple will ultimately tie the knot - that won't be shown too soon though," informed the source. This particular sequence will surely take the TRP's to another level.  

It's not just the storyline but its presentation that is too helping wooing the telly buffs. If you have noticed a different kind of background music in each episode then we would like to tell you that they all are popular hit numbers from Bengali music industry. Almost every episode is accompanied by a song that complements to particular scenes. 

In the upcoming romantic episode, let's hope it will also accompanied by melodious Bengali romantic songs.