||Savitri Article Archives - NO COMMENTS|| - Page 4

Posted: 10 years ago

Meenakshi Arya to enter Life Ok's Savitri!

Meenakshi Arya, recently seen in Life Ok's 26-12, all set to play a cameo in Life Ok's Savitri

Saturday, April 20, 2013 | 1:53:02 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   1 Comments  |  60 Views

Life Ok's Savitri is all set to welcome a new character to the show.Meenakshi Arya, who was recently seen playing Rinki in Life Ok's 26-12is going to add more twists and turns by making her entry in Savitri.

Our source informed us that Meenakshi will be playing a negative role in the show. She will be playing a cameo and will be seen playing a double role in the show. We have heard that she will be seen in two looks, one will be that of a negative vampire and the other one will be the normal look. There are also chances for the character to becoming a regular in the cast from just being a cameo.  

Our source also adds that some of the popular names of the industry like Payal Rohatgi,Kashmira ShahRoshni ChopraNigar Khan and Aashka Goradia have been approached to play the character, out of which Meenakshi has been finalized.

TellyBuzz spoke to Meenakshi who confirmed the news saying, "Yes, I am playing a negative character but there are two shades. I am playing a double role."

Meenakshi will start shooting from Monday. 

Anwesha Kamal

Riddhi Dogra wants Savitri to become a bedtime tale

IANS | Apr 20, 2013, 04.47 PM IST
Share More
A
A
READ MORE Savitri|Satyavan|Riddhi Dogra
Riddhi Dogra wants Savitri to become a bedtime tale
Riddhi Dogra
TV actress Riddhi Dogra, who essays the title role in "Savitri", hopes the fantasy adventure stories in the TV show, make their way to become bedtime stories for children someday.

"Our story is such that we can show fantasy and actually tell stories to the audience. Maybe if our show becomes a hit and people love it, they will tell our stories to their kids during their bedtime," Riddhi said here on the sets of the show.

"Savitri" is a supernatural thriller which talks about the love of Savitri and Satyavan. The evil force Rahu Kaal stands as a hurdle in their love story and Savitri has to now fight him to get back Satyavan.

The show went on air on air on Life OK in February.

"Painting is a stress buster for me.":RaQesh Vashisth

RaQesh Vashisht on his love for painting, music and more...

Sunday, April 21, 2013 | 11:30:44 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   2 Comments  |  478 Views

The handsome RaQesh Vashisth who was last seen in Sony TV's daily soap Hongey Judaa na Hum, and has entertained the audience with his acting skills says that he loves painting very much. 

RaQesh who maintains that Painting is his stress buster said, "I love painting and it is my retirement plan to have a sale of all my paintings.  Hobbies always help you, and you don't need to depend on anybody. Painting is like a therapy for me as well as a stress buster."

Further he added saying, "I used to visit a lot of painting exhibitions and I used to like the work displayed. I used to always feel that I should try my hand at painting too. So one day, I took it as a challenge and today I enjoy it very much. I don't believe in any particular style of painting style, as I like exploring different mediums and styles of paintings. An artist is never satisfied with his work so I keep experimenting and create something new. It gives me immense pleasure whenever I paint."

RaQesh who carries his paints on the sets too says, "Even when I am on the sets and shooting, I paint in between shots as it is a great stress buster for me. I don't need too much time to paint, as I am a quick painter. I keep all my paintings in my room at home. I have a separate studio for painting at my home where I like to preserve my art, and I will bring them out when the time is right. Wine gets better when older, and the same applies to my paintings too."

RaQesh's wife, the beautiful Riddhi Dogra who is currently seen in Life OK's Savitri also encourages his passion for painting. "Riddhi never disturbs me and never comes to the studio whenever I am painting as she likes to give me my space. She visits the room whenever I am not painting but not when I am painting. I respect her for this as we all need our own creative space. She knows that if she enters the room, I will end up talking to her and that will disturb my work."

Painting is not the only hobby that he is pursuing. RaQesh has other hidden talents about which he says, "I am a music lover and like playing Flute and Sitar too. It all started from my school days when I was the head of my school band and I used to play flute. Ravi Shankarji and other well-known sitar players were an inspiration for me to learn how to play the sitar. Apart from this I am an avid horse rider too."

Krishma Solanki

'Savitri' actress wants show's stories to become bedtime tales

TV actress Ridhi Dogra Vashisth, who essays the title role in "Savitri", hopes the fantasy adventure stories in the TV show, make their way to become bedtime stories for children someday.

Monday, April 22, 2013 | 12:20:10 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   2 Comments  |  658 Views

TV actress Ridhi Dogra, who essays the title role in "Savitri", hopes the fantasy adventure stories in the TV show, make their way to become bedtime stories for children someday.

"Our story is such that we can show fantasy and actually tell stories to the audience. Maybe if our show becomes a hit and people love it, they will tell our stories to their kids during their bedtime," Ridhi said here on the sets of the show.

"Savitri" is a supernatural thriller which talks about the love of Savitri and Satyavan. The evil force Rahu Kaal stands as a hurdle in their love story and Savitri has to now fight him to get back Satyavan.

The show went on air on Life OK in February.

Now, this is something exciting piece of news as Savitri which is encouraging Zombies in its upcoming tracks will see Arura Irani's BrotherAdi Irani, who is fondly known for his characters from the movies like Baazigar, Suhaag, Pyaar Toh Hona Hi Tha etc, portraying a meaty role in Flying Turtles' Savitri. 

Source says, "Adi will play the role of a Zombie King, Nagraj and has started shooting for the same since past 2 days." 

When contacted, Adi confirmed, "I never looked so horrible in my whole career with such a heavy make up and costume of about 9 to 10 KGs. I am looking forward for this character."

Adi had also acted in TV serials like Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli,Sssh... Phir Koi Hai. We too hear that soon in this week a huge revelation of Satya's mother (Indrani Haldar) will take place, where it will be revealed that (Yash Pandit) Satya's mom was actually (Krip Suri)Rahukaal's mother in her past life. Audiences will witness Indrani Haldar's new avatar in Savitri. 

All our efforts to reach Indrani were vain.

Zombie King's entry will telecast tonight.  

Nigaar Khan replaces Meenakshi Arya in Savitri!

Nigaar Khan to begin shooting for Life Ok's Savitri from today after replacing the new entrant Meenakshi Arya from the show…

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 | 1:23:56 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   0 Comments  |  500 Views

Nigaar Z. Khan, who was recently seen in Sony TV's Hongey Judaa Na Hum, is all set to be seen playing a new character in Life Ok's Savitri.

TellyBuzz firstly reported about Meenakshi Arya's entry in Savitri, who was roped in to play a cameo in the show. However, our source informs us about the latest development in this. Our source says, "Nigaar Khan is replacingMeenakshi Arya." The reason behind the replacement is said to be the channel's decision.

When contacted Nigaar Khan, she confirmed the news saying, "Yes, I am going to in Savitri. I haven't started shooting for it yet. I will be starting shooting for the same in a while and only then will I be able to talk more about my character in the show."

When contacted Meenakshi Arya, she said, "I am told by the production house that I am looking younger in front of Riddhi. I must look elder to Riddhi in order to play this character. Nigaar Khan will look mature in this character. That's the reason why she has been roped in to play this character."

Keep watching this space for more update. 

Anwesha Kamal

TV stars and their tattoos

Stuti Agarwal, TNN | Apr 27, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

When these hotties take their shirts off, it's a dream canvas that offers many possibilities. Check out the tattoos some of our TV stars flaunt

Abhishek Malik The actor has a 10-inch coloured tribal tattoo on his left arm. "I got it two years back. A friend was getting it done and I liked it, so went for it. It doesn't really have any meaning," said Abhishek, who plays Rahul in Dil Ki Nazar Se... Khoobsurat. Next, the lad wants to get his mom's name, Bhavna, inked on himself. "I always had a fetish for tattoos. So, the next one — my mom's name in a special script — will come in the next two months," said the lad. 

Tanaaz Irani Tanaaz's tattoo on her right arm (very visible inShrimaan vs Shrimati) is that of a guardian angel with her children's names — Zianne and Zeus — written underneath it, along with the initials of husband Bakhtiyaar and herself. "I got this tattoo done in Argentina. There is one more on my lower back. It is a ram, signifying that I am an Arian." 

Vishal Singh The Saathiya actor got his first tattoo — that of two cards — on his calf in Bangkok. The second one — a star on his wrist — was a gift to himself on his last birthday. "Cards have always interested me. I don't know how to play them, but I keep looking at these particular cards which I got tattooed. I got the star inked along with five of my friends," said Vishal. He wants to get another done on his back when he will be in Miami for the coming New Year. 

Amit Tandon The hottie has three tattoos. (And psst... he's on his way to the fourth one!) The tattoo on his right arm has a lion with Gurbaani written on it, surrounded by the lines Khule sher har maidan fateh(a lion who fights and wins every battle). "It is inspirational," he says. He has two more on his forearm. While he sports a tribal design with an Om in the middle on his right one, the left shoulder has the picture of Lord Shiv, complete with the trishuland damru. 

Eijaz Khan This hunk has five tattoos — an arctic wolf howling at the moon near his right hipbone, two ambigrams, an inscription that reads "VIP Kameena" and a Pegasus. "Wolves because they're considered to be a symbol of strength. I got 'Khan' done on my right arm as I wanted to wear my surname on my sleeve. I have an ambigram of 'respect and believe' on my back arm. You only see it when I touch my heart. Also, I've been through some really tough times. The Pegasus signifies death and rebirth." 

Raqesh Vashisth "The tattoo on my right arm is "moon" written in Japanese. That is because my name in Sanskrit means Lord of the Moon. I got it done four years ago in Goa. I never wanted a tattoo, because I was scared of needles. I did this to get rid of my fear," shared Raqesh. Now that the fear factor has been covered, the actor wants a Roman or a Greek proverb on his wrists. We like! 

Anuj Saxena Anuj has two tattoos — the one on his right arm is of a lion's face while the one on his left chest is Buddha's face. "I am a Leo, hence the lion, and the other one is because I believe in Buddha. The tattoos have an emotional connect because the tattoos signify who and what I am," Anuj said. The charmer may get another one on his back soon. 
Ridhi Dogra Ridhi, who plays the lead in Savitri, has a dancing ballerina tattooed on her back. Ridhi, who is a trained dancer, says, "I aspired to become a dancer, but since I couldn't become one, I decided to get this tattoo done."
Archana Taide She got a heart with flowers and thorns inked on her neck thinking that TV actresses mostly kept their hair open. "But ever since I got it done, I've only got roles which require me to keep plaited hair. And since tattoos don't go with Nikhat's character in Qubool Hai— which I play — I need to hide it everyday with tones of makeup," she sighed. 

Dheeraj Dhoopar He got "loved" inked on his arm two months back! "I feel so lucky that people love me! In a bid to express my gratitude and happiness I got "loved" tattooed on my arm," the lead of Sasural Simar Ka said. 

RahuKal Shocked After Seeing His Mother In Life Ok's Savitri.

In Life Ok's Savitri , It Was Shown Last Night That How Savitri follows Leena's instructions and moves forward ignoring the voices heard from her behind. Rahukaal panics on thinking about Savitri. Gulika fails to invite Brahmarakshas. Rahukaal leaves to the Kamrup temple.  Nagraj enquires Vikrant. Rahukaal kills the guard of the temple and enters the temple. Yakshini introduces her to chakravyuh and engages Savitri in her questions. Savitri refuses to answer her questions.

Now In Its Upcoming Episode Savitri  will crosses the second layer of the maze where Rahukal will come looking for Damyanti. Nagraj will  tells someone to fetch Rahukal's dead body, thinking he's been killed.Rahukal will be  shocked to see his mother after a thousand years. Vishghati  will tells Rahukal that he can't go to Savitri and ties him up. By this time, Savitri will cross the fifth layer.

"I love anchoring." - Ridhi Dogra Vashisth

TellyBuzz got in touch with Ridhi Dogra Vashisth on her love for anchoring...

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 | 2:39:05 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   3 Comments  |  1097 Views

The talented and gorgeous Ridhi Dogra who is seen playing the role of Savitri in Shabbir Ahluwalia's Flying Turtles Films productions popular daily soap Savitri on Life OK, enjoys anchoring as much as she loves acting. On the same we got in touch with Riddhi Dogra to know more about her anchoring love.

An elated Ridhi said, "I love anchoring a lot. Right from school days to college I have always been on stage and I love the feeling of being on the stage. I had done anchoring for an Award function last year and I enjoyed the experience of being on the stage."

On the ongoing shows she would like to be a part of as an anchor, she added, "All the ongoing shows have their uniqueness. I love the kids singing reality show Indian Idol Juniors and so also Dance India Dance Super Moms. Jhalak Dikhla Jaa has its own charm too, where Madhuri Dixit is one of the judge and anybody would want to anchor that show. I am one in the long list of fans that Madhuri Dixit has, I just love her."

"If I get an opportunity to do anchoring I would happily take the offer. If I get the opportunity in between shooting for my show Savitri, I would take it but only if I can manage with the schedule."

"I enjoy anchoring as much as I love acting. I am lucky enough to work with the best production house and talented actors throughout my acting journey. My ongoing showSavitri is also a superb show. It is different from all the ongoing shows on television with a different and fresh story line. I also get to work with many talented actors who come to play cameo in the show. They come in with their own experience which is a learning experience for me too as an actor" she concluded.

For more such interesting news keep reading TellyBuzz!

Krishma Solanki

Ashish Kapoor in Savitri!

Ashish Kapoor to play the main lead in Life Ok's Savitri

Monday, July 01, 2013 | 3:56:25 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   43 Comments  |  3854 Views

It's time for the fans of Ashish Kapoor to get elated as the handsome hunk is making his comeback to the small screen with Flying Turtle's SavitriAshish Kapoor, who was recently seen playing Sahil in Sony TV's Love Marriage ya Arranged Marriage, will soon be seen playing a different character in Savitri.

According to our source, "Ashish will be seen playing the character of Veer, which will be similar to the movie Veer. He plays an orphan. Veer is also a romantic and a warrior. He is the loyal warrior of Champanagar and he is dedicated towards the service of the people of Champanagar. He is the savior of Rani Damyanti (Ridhi Dogra Vashisth) and is like a protector to save her from Rahu Kaal (Krip Suri)." 

"The viewers can expect a nice romantic tale beginning with the entry of Ashish Kapoor as Veera in Savitri," adds our source.  

When contacted Ashish Kapoor, he confirmed the news saying, "I will be playing the character of Veer, who is a warrior and later turns out to be the bodyguard of the princess. I am very much excited to be a part of the show and about my character." 

Ashish has started shooting for the show from today. 

Anwesha Kamal