Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Kishwer Merchantt to play a suspect in Sony TV's Crime Patrol...

Telly town actress Kishwer Merchantt will soon be seen in an episodic in Crime Patrol onSony TV..

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 | 1:43:25 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   2 Comments  |  663 Views

The very talented and beautiful Telly town actress Kishwar Merchanntt, who is on a drive to experiment with different characters, was last seen in Life OK's show Savitri where she played the dual role of a good and a bad witch.

The recent buzz we heard was that Kishwer will next be seen in an episodic of Sony TV's Crime Patrol, a serial which presents the dramatized version of prominent crime cases from India.

Well, this is not the first time that Kishwer will be seen making her presence felt inCrime Patrol. Earlier also, the actress was seen in a story on the same show where she portrayed the role of a cop.

Our reliable source informed us about Kishwer's entry saying, "In the upcoming episodic, the plot of the story will revolve around a girl who works in a company and has an affair with her boss. The girl is unknown about the fact that her boss is already married. Kishwer will be seen as one of the employee of the company who goes out of her way and helps her boss to chase the girl. Following some issues, the girl dies and leaves a note blaming Kishwer and the boss for her consequent death."

Regarding the same we contacted Kishwer and she confirmed the news saying, "Yes, I'll be seen in an episodic of Crime Patrol, but this time not as a cop but as a suspect."

The shoot for the same has already began from today at Amandi, Madh Island.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Utkarsha Naik-The new Maharani of Savitri!

Utkarsha Naik-The new Maharani of Savitri!
Utkarsha NaikMore Pics
It was an exclusive piece of news on TOI yesterday (4th July) about Suchita Trivedi bagging Hats Off's next on Zee TV and hence the actress has opted out of the revamped version of Savitri on Life OK, where she earlier essayed Maharani (Savitri's mother).

Now, along with this development, the makers ( Flying Turtle Films) were in search of their newMaharani and it seems their wait is over as they have got their new Maharani in the talented and versatile actress, Utkarsha Naik.

"Utkarsha Naik was last seen flaunting her acting skills in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? with Takiyakalam " Hello Hi Bye Bye", will now be seen as a cultured and royal Maharani in Savitri," said source.

We too hear that the revamped version of Savitri which comprised of few additional characters and actors like Amit Behl, Ashish Kapoor, Raj Arjun have started shooting from today.

All our efforts to reach Utkarsha Naik were futile.

Get set to catch all the new and exciting series of Savitri.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Life OK's Savitri Successfully Completes 100 Episodes..

Telly News India Blog

Life Ok's Savitri has reasons to celebrate. Even though it hasn't managed to garner soaring TRPs, looks like they're going for the slow-and-steady scheme of things. That's right! Savitri just reached the milestone of having completed 100 episodes.Even though it's a big deal and there is happiness running through the set, there's not celebration planned for the day.
Krip Suri who essays the role of Rahukaal on the show was visibly excited about this "I am looking forward to complete another set of 100 episodes and then some more. My character has given me lots of popularity." He further adds "The shoot for our next track is up next. I'm looking forward to it."

Resshmi Ghosh aka Gulika on the show says "The story line is being changed now and we are going back a 1000 years. Earlier, the show wasn't doing as well but with the new track we are all very positive. We are trying out some new stuff which will keep the audience hooked."

Here's to a lot more centuries for the team!

http://tellynewsindia.wordpress.com/2013/07/05/life-oks-savitri-successfully-completes-100-episodes/

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Eat Healthy, Stay Fit: Ridhi Dogra

Television actress Riddhi Dogra shares with us her secret mantra to stay fit and healthy…

Saturday, July 13, 2013 | 3:53:32 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   6 Comments  |  1998 Views

Staying fit, beautiful and smart is a part of the acting profession. 

Ridhi Dogra Vashisth who is blessed with beauty and an astounding body is currently seen in Life OK's popular show Savitri. In conversation with TellyBuzz, Riddhi talks about her fitness regime and inspires us to follow a healthy diet.

What does fitness mean to you? What's your idea of fitness?

Fitness is very important to me. It's not only about staying fit physically but also being healthy, which in turn helps me to work efficiently and stay positive with high energy.

What efforts do you take to stay in shape?

I'm not at all a gym person. And since now I'm much occupied with my shooting, I don't really get time to take any additional efforts to keep myself in shape. Otherwise, I usually prefer to walk a lot. Walking is the best activity to burn down your calories and remain healthy.

Are you conscious about your food choices?

Not really! Actually I wouldn't say that I'm conscious about my food choices, but I've always had a habit of eating healthy and nutrient-rich food even before I was an actress. Personally, I feel lucky that I don't crave for junk food or deep fried dishes. Since I'm a cold-coffee addict, I have it every day in my breakfast along with some eggs or brown bread. Further throughout the day, I eat home-cooked healthy food only.   

Three things you do every day to remain fit.

1) Eat healthy food.

2) Cycling for 15-20 mins

3) Drink lots of water daily.

What is your take on the zero figure craze among the girls?

Well, I don't think so that there is a fad for a size zero figure amongst the girls now. In the quest for a zero figure, youngsters start taking crash diet which are inadequate in proper nutrition and do not provide the required vitamins and minerals to the body. In fact, some of the the actresses like Anushka Sharma and Priyanka Chopra are naturally slim. They have an active metabolism and that is the precise reason that weight does not even touch them.   

Is there any sport you are skilled at?

For my current show Savitri, I have been trying my hands on sword fighting and I'm quite acquainted with it now. Though I'm not an expert in it, but yes, I enjoy sword fighting. Apart from this, I'm fond of swimming as its very refreshing, releases stress, it keeps you fit and feel free. Also, the other sport that I love is scuba-diving. Recently, I had been to Maldives with my husband and I enjoyed this sport. Having a glimpse of the underwater world is very exciting.

A celeb body you admire.

I admire Hollywood celeb Beyonce for her perfect body. She is are not exactly lean, but her overall appearance and flexibility makes her look sexy. It is very easy for celebrities to have a slim-trim body but what adds on to your personality is the way you proudly carry a voluptuous body.  

What is your fitness secret?

Just eat right! Enjoy your food and stay healthy!

A fitness tip for your fans.

I would suggest everyone to eat healthy food and drink lots of water. Also, it is very important for everyone to have a good amount of sleep. Even if you don't follow a healthy fitness regime, a good sleep compensates for it. I would also suggest everyone to indulge themselves in any sport of their choice. You may have a busy life, but try and introduce a physical activity in your life. Like my husband RaQesh Vashisth is fond of cycling and even I follow it for 15-20 mins daily. It helps to burn down your calories and maintain a good obese free body.  

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

"Doing a play is more difficult than a television soap"

says Kishwer Merchantt who has just started a new play See No Evil, Speak No Evil and Do No Evil.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 | 6:50:22 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   8 Comments  |  2432 Views

The gorgeous Kishwer Merchantt who is seen doing episodic nowadays in many of the show likes Crime Patrol, Fear Files and cameo roles in Savitri and 26/13, is also doing theatre side by side. Currently, she is doing a play named See No Evil, Speak No Evil, Hear No Evil and Do No Evil. 

When we spoke to her, she seemed extremely happy being a part of this play, "I am enjoying a lot. I have done 5 plays before this too. My character in this play is of a cute girl who is a housekeeper interested in everything else which is happening around her except her work."

Further she added, "When I first read the character brief of my role, I thought I didn't have much scenes and it won't be difficult at all. But well my thought changed completely when I started doing the play."

She loves doing this play along with her friends, "I am having an awesome time sharing the stage along with my friend Delnaaz Irani, Barkha Bisht  Sengupta and Ashish Roy. I have worked with Barkha before and it was a great experience then too and Delnaaz is like my family member. I know Ashish  right from the time I joined the industry so it is a gala time working with all of them."

Kishwer elaborates on the difference she finds between theatre and television, "Doing a play is more difficult than a television soap. While doing a play you have to be perfect as you don't get a second chance. Everything happens on the spot hence you have to be very alert and concentrate on the other actors' dialogue too so that you come to know the timing of your dialogue. One fumble and you get caught."

Doing episodic in television shows are easier for her, "These days I am doing more of episodic shows as I love doing episodic since I get to play different type of roles. I get to explore a lot when I do episodic. I also get time for myself and viewers appreciate my work too... what more could I ask for?"

Well she might soon be seen in daily soaps too, "I have got a couple of offers in my kitty for daily soaps but I haven't finalized anything as of now. However there is a possibility that I may soon take up something."

Are the viewers too waiting to see Kishwer Merchantt in daily soaps?

Krishma Solanki.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

"As an actor I am always ready for surprises!" Amit Behl

Suddenly Amit Behl is very busy. With films, theatre and on Television too. He is also on the faculty of a management institute. We talk to the talented actor about his various avatars in different mediums.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 | 2:07:03 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   1 Comments  |  384 Views

It is not surprising that Amit Behl has a soft smile on his face as he talks about his sudden success all over again. He has just finished shooting for Vaibhav Modi's show Dharmakshetra being made for Epic TV and is currently busy shooting for Buddha for Zee TV and Savitri on Life OK. Along with this he is active on the theatre front and is busy with couple of things too.

Over to Amit who has seen several ups and downs in his career as an actor and says that currently he is in not in a happy space but in a comfortable zone.

Three Television shows, two plays and couple of films in hand, how does it feel?

It obviously feels good but I have seen such days earlier too in my career. There was a time when I was doing this much and more and then there were times when I had nothing in hand. There also have been times when I have called up people asking for work and while everyone acknowledged my request, nothing happened further. So I have seen such phases many a times in my life when I had to sit at home for 5-6 months looking for work and then suddenly there is so much that I had to refuse some things as I could not accommodate them all! It happens in every actor's life and as an actor one has to be prepared for this.

Tell us about all Television shows that you are busy with at present.

Well, I have finished shooting for Epic TV's Dharamkshetra being produced by Vaibhav Modi where I play the character of Dronacharya. It was a superb experience as the entire show is a different take on Mahabharat. A very different interpretation with exclusive croma and special effects and realistic costumes, dialogues and sets. Currently, I am shooting for Dr. B. K. Modi's Buddha which will be telecast on Zee TV in which I play the character of Kulguru Vashistha who has a clash of ideology with another sage played by Kabir Bedi. I am also seen in Shabbir Ahluwalia's Savitri on Life Ok as the Raja's senapati.

Are your characters different in each of these serials?

Yes, even though the genres may look similar they all are three different genres – Dharamkshetra is a mythological, Buddha is historical whereas Savitri is a contemporary take on the original story of Savitri and Satyavan. So even my characters are different in each of these. In Dharamkshetra, I play Dronacharya and even though I have read so much on Mahabharat, I found it different every day. In Buddha my character is right from the start to the end and I play a sage who is a strict Brahmin and much bigger than Chanakya who is against the concept of Nirvana. In Savitri, my character is very interesting as with every episode the viewers are confused whether it is a positive or a negative character and only in the end the real truth will be out.

We see a sudden rise in historicals and mythological shows on Indian Television. For someone who has done this earlier too, what do you feel about it?

Every few years the trend on television changes and we see something new catching up. In this case, yes we see a sudden re-vamp from family dramas to such shows which is natural. Also it is good for senior actors like us who have done theatre and shows like these earlier too. Our generation has done so much and that is the reason we experienced actors are being called again for such shows which need a certain seriousness when it comes to acting. Even the channel and producers are happy with us as they think that they can save time with experienced actors. Since we have proved ourselves over the years we can add facets and imbibe our experience even as we shoot.

You are one actor who is still doing serious theatre. What is on your plate at present?

I am not into theatre for money, there are people who do commercial theatre but for me it is more for creative satisfaction. I believe that for us actors, theatre is to oil your machines and get polished once in a while for acting assignments in other fields. At present, I am doing two plays and travelling for the performance all over India. Both the plays are written by Gulzaar saab. One is Arre O Henry which are originally stories of American short story writer O' Henry and the other is Phaansa where I play Yudhistar. My co-actors in both the plays are almost the same – Lubna Salim, Bakul Thakkar and my director Salim Arif too is the same for both the shows, so working with the team is great fun and who would not want to spend time with the legend – Gulzar saab! Biggies of the entertainment industry have come to watch both these plays. And all said and done, performing in front of a live audience gives a big high.

And Films?

Films give you exposure, money and they are a good way to balance your expertise! My film career got a revival due to Anil Sharma's Singh Sahab the Great which will release soon and in which I play a main villain along with Prakash Raj. I am also doing a film Fools Return with Vinay Pathak, Mughda Godse and Saurabh Shukla. Then there is a rom-com Gollu Pappu directed by Kabir Sadanand which also stars Kunal Roy Kapoor and Vir Das.

We also hear that you are involved in other interesting projects out of India. Tell us about them.

I have done a Spanish film and also the British series, Sharpe's – Peril. It is a British TV film which is part of an ITV series based on Bernard Cornwell's historical fiction novels about the English soldier Richard Sharpe during the Napolenic Wars. It has been televised on BBC Worldwide & ITV where I play the character of Corporal Barabbas Hakeswill. It is for this series that I first shaved my head. The response for it has been tremendous.

Apart from acting, I am also on the faculty of Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai as a lecturer for the students of Diploma in Media & Entertainment. Also I am a special guest lecturer for the same institute and my topic is 'Overview on Television'.

So currently you are enjoying every moment in your life?

Yes, you can say that. As an actor I am in a comfortable zone with a small smile on my face. I am not happy, nor sad. Currently, I am busy with so many things that I have no time free time to think about the future. I know this is a great phase but it is temporary. As an actor I am always ready for surprises. There are times in every actor's life when for around 6-7 months you are doing nothing, sitting idle, calling people for work and then suddenly something moves and offers come in together and you have to choose between them. There was a time I was doing 3 fiction shows – Dekha Ek Khwab on Sony, Aasman se Aage on Life Ok and Veer Shivaji on Colors and Junoon – Aisi Nafrat Toh Kaisa Ishq too was offered to me at the same time but I could not do it as I was busy.So, that is an actor's life - totally unpredictable!

Seema Khot Mattoo

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Kishwer Merchantt meets with an accident!

Kishwer gets hit by a car while riding her cycle...

Friday, July 19, 2013 | 4:26:20 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   2 Comments  |  600 Views

Kishwer Merchant who is seen in episodics of shows like Crime Patrol and Fear Files, cameo inSavitri and is also acting in a play named See No Evil, Speak No Evil, Hear No Evil and Do No Evil, met with an accident yesterday.

We got to know through our sources who informed us, "Kishwer met with an accident when she was riding her bicycle down her building."

On the same we contacted Kishwer Merchantt to know the whole story on how it all happened and she said, "I was cycling and that is when a girl driving her car came and dashed me. It so happened that the girl who was driving the car was reading messages in her phone and hence she did not see me and rammed into my cycle."

Battling with pain, further she said, "I brusied my leg and hand. I have sprained my leg which is very painful and it has swollen too."

Even though for whatever happened, Kishwer went on and forgave the girl who was driving the car for the accident, "I have forgiven the girl as she went on saying 'Sorry' again and again."

Well this entire situation leaves us with a message - Keep your phones aside while driving as it is dangerous!

Krishma Solanki.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

"I'm supporting Radhika Das in DID Supermoms!" Jasveer Kaur

Jasveer Kaur who has always been passionate about dancing is lending her full support to contestant Radhika Das in Dance India Dance Super Moms...

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 | 11:44:12 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   4 Comments  |  2439 Views

The beautiful actress and model Jasveer Kaur who is currently seen playing the role of a Vishkanya in Life OK's show Savitri, entered the show quite recently.

In conversation with Tellybuzz, the beautiful actress says, "The character of Vishkanya is very interesting and I'm glad to portray it. I really wish I could possess some of her super-natural powers in reality, whereby I could change things by twist of my finger." (Laughs)

Needless to mention, Jasveer Kaur is a dancer first and then an actress. When asked Jasveer, if she watches any dance reality show, she says, "I do watch Dance India Supermom and Jhalak Dikhla Jaa as of now, and both the shows are doing amazingly well. In fact, I'm supporting Radhika Das, who is a contestant of Dance India Dance Super Moms. Though we are not bound by a blood relation, but Radhika's husband is my rakhi-brother, so all my good wishes are with her. "

The actress also went on to say that, 'I have always been getting a lot of compliments for my dancing skills, but nowadays it seems like I'm forgetting how to dance."

When asked if she desires to participate in any of the dance reality show, Jasveer expresses her desires as she says, "As I do not fit into the Nach Baliye and DID Super Moms, due to its eligibility criteria, I would love to be a part of Jhalak someday. Initially the show was for non-dancers, but gradually it has evolved to a bigger platform now and set really high standards."

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

SKILL BILL

Mythological and historical shows are a lot of hard work. The actors tell us why

Stuti Agarwal

Grand canvas. Illustrious characters. Regal affair. Mythological and historical shows are here to rule the small screen and garner TRPs like no other. But making this blast from the past' look convincing is no mean feat, say myth merchants. Not only do the actors need to work on their physique, dialect and body language, it's increasingly becoming important for them to pick up skills like horse-riding, elephant taming, archery and sword fighting et al. We go beyond the reel to find out how hard work is paying off in real.

NAME: Shaheer Sheikh SHOW: Mahabharat CHARACTER:Arjun SKILLS:Ancient weaponry TALK BACK: I've learnt ancient ways of combat like cane fighting. I'm also honing my skills in archery, horse-riding and sword fighting. Since I studied in a Urdu medium school, I've trained under a Hindi teacher for diction. It was important as I need to be comfortable while delivering the lines.

NAME: Mohit Raina SHOW: Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev CHARACTER: Mahadev SKILLS: Kathak TALK BACK: I'm a trained dancer, but I had to learn Kathak since tandavinvolves this form of dance. Indian classical dance is very difficult and happens to be different from jive and hip hop, which I had learnt in the past. Learning Kathak has been a whole new experience.

NAME: Rohit Bharadwaj SHOW: Mahabharat CHARACTER: Yudhisthir SKILLS: Throwing spears TALK BACK: I've picked up acrobatics apart from learning to throw spears. Action director Anand Shetty showed us some skills. Once, while riding a horse, I fell off and hurt myself badly. I've been a theatre actor and wouldn't go to the gym as it restricts movement. But now, I've started hitting the gym to build the physique required for Yudhisthir.

NAME: Faisal Khan SHOW: Bharat Ka Veer Putra " Maharana Pratap CHARACTER: Maharana Pratap SKILLS: Horse-riding TALK BACK: This is my first show, so I had to start from the basics, working on both acting and body language. I did workshops on language training, horse-riding and sword fighting. Initially, I was very scared of riding a horse, but now I can do so with a considerable speed. It's been a good learning experience.

NAME:
Krip Suri SHOW: Savitri CHARACTER: Rahukaal SKILLS: Sword fighting TALK BACK: Twenty five days before the shoot, I picked up sword fighting. I would practise for three hours daily. We started with sticks, moved to wooden swords and finally, took to original swords weighing around five kilos. But I haven't injured myself or my opponent, thanks to the rigorous training. I also did weight training for four months.

NAME:Charu Shankar SHOW: Malikaa CHARACTER: Mehrunissa SKILLS: Archery TALK BACK: Since Mehrunissa is a proficient archer, my co-actor Karanvir Sharma and I had to practise archery every day. Also, I went to the National Museum in Delhi to see paintings from the Mughal era just to get acquainted with Mehrunissa's world. While shooting in Bikaner, I dabbled in horse-riding, which I had learnt as a youngster.

NAME:
Rishabh Sharma SHOW: Jai Jai Jai Bajrangbali CHARACTER: Bal Hanuman SKILLS: Archery TALK BACK: To master the way Hanumanji walks, talks and fights, I had to go through various workshops and training modules. Being Hanuman, I require to fly' in a lot of scenes. I trained in flying' for two weeks. Even though the harness ensures my safety, I have to get the act right, since my body has to remain parallel to the ground.
mire220 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
http://www.bolegaindia.com/gossips/Raqesh_Vashisth_and_Riddhi_Dogra_come_together_for_Jai_Maa_Vindhyavasini-gid-35808-gc-16.html

Raqesh Vashisth and Riddhi Dogra come together for Jai Maa Vindhyavasini!

1 hour ago
Recently it was reported that television's good looking couple Raqesh Vashisth and Riddhi Dogra has been approached for couple dance reality show Nach Baliye season 6. But before they make their entry in the dance show, they will together appear on a daily soap Jai Maa Vindhyavasini, being aired on BIG MAGIC channel.

It is gathered that they will highlight the special moments from the serial and take viewers through Shiv and Gauri's love story. "Shiv and Gauri's friendship has stood the test of time and blossomed into a wonderful relationship. Going through an emotional turmoil, Shiv had finally proposed Gauri but caught in a moral dilemma, Gauri was unable to profess her feelings towards Shiv," sources confirmed.

The Jai Maa Vindhyavasini's pyaar ka saffar with Riddhi and Raqesh will introduce the romance between Shiv and Gauri from the start.

The show has begun from 12th October and will air everyday at 8:30am on BIG MAGIC!

Source: TNN

Edited by mire220 - 14 October 2013 at 4:27am