larimel22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
REVENGE

Prithvi stood at the window watching people wrapped in layers of clothing huddled in groups to shield themselves against the cold. He watched the full moon, partly hidden in the thin, wispy clouds. He had never seen the moon from this height before, but now, standing on the 2nd storey of the guest-house, he realised that privilege had come too suddenly. He still wasn't used to it.
And he never would.

******************************

Rocking in his chair, a small smile crept up Akash's lips. He had done it. He had brought his father face-to-face with his other son. The one thing his father was afraid to disclose or even accept. Ever since he had found out about Prithvi from a little file hidden in a locker in the basement of the office, he had kept it as a secret, not wanting to let it out. But the last one week was earth-shattering for him. Meera had left him for Prithvi. Could the better part of his father's blood be in Prithvi? Meera-the love of his life-didn't give two hoots about him now. It was like he was suddenly an "anybody" to her. How could she have fallen OUT of love with him? How could she accept Prithvi? 
He had to show her that Prithvi wouldn't be able to adapt to the city life.
And he never would.

******************************

Prithvi thought with contempt at the love his "naye-papa" showed for his other children. Every one of them. And yet, neither of them knew the value of having their father's name attached to their own. 
Mr. Khanna had given them everything they needed, and more. Maybe an addition of Prithvi's share as well. 
But now, more than two decades later, he had come to claim his son. And even NOW, he denied Prithvi of the simple birthright of having his name.

Every curse uttered, every abuse spoken came to his mind. Who would account for all the alcohol he had drunk to drown his sorrow?

*******************************

Akash thought of the moment when he proposed and Meera had said yes. The happy times. The times when being together with her could even mean silence, but a whole lot of unspoken love.

But then he remembered the moment when Meera yelled out, "Prithvi! Sambhalo!" He thought of the moment when she confessed that she loved Prithvi and not him. He thought of the years they had spent together, all leading up to their wedding. Where had he gone wrong? 

He thought of the time when he and Prithvi had both fought the guys who were misbehaving with Meera and the concern his father had shown for Prithvi first.

Did no one care about how he felt?

**********************************

Prithvi's jaw tightened as he furthered his resolve. Too many people had hurt him. And it was all because of one man who couldn't stand up for himself. Mr Khanna would pay. He would see his family break up in front of his eyes and not be able to do anything.
There were girls in the family, weren't they? It wouldn't take long to tarnish their image. One little rumour around the town was all it would take. And the right oppurtunity.
And Akash? Well, he might be blameless, but getting him married to Meera would be interesting enough. He'd already passed enough sarcastic comments about their relarionship to bring out the thorns.
And Meera? He hated her with every fibre of his being. She had done his daata great wrong, but she would pay as well for coming to the village and wrecking havoc in his peaceful life.

"I will have my revenge."

**********************************

"They say blood is thicker than water. We may have the same blood, but I'll prove to them that even cool water poured over a bleeding wound won't help you, Prithvi", thought Akash bitterly. 
"I'll turn the whole family against you, I'll make Papa regret his decision of bringing you to the city, I'll fake-marry Meera and watch you suffer to see the only thing who ever loved you far away from your reach."

He rose from the chair and walked to his bed, slipped into the covers and turned off the lights.

"I will have my revenge."

I normally don't write dark OS-es, but as I sat at work today, I just had this random thought of how weird it would be if both Akash AND Prithvi turned evil and Meera was just stuck in the middle of it 

Please do comment! 😳
Edited by larimel22 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Absoluv thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Ohhh WOW...Larimel...Pretttyyy COMPLICATED situation and quite DARK tooo...liked it tho...👏
luvsati thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
superb dear..poor meera stuck btw akash n prithvi.
Sharpay.Evans thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
villain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
interesting concept... plz continue soon...
meerabnawaal14 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
 wow... i dont know but my concious says it will happen may be not with khanna but with meera and prithvi