Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

light_dark thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
An Afghan, upon landing at Islamabad Airport, introduced himself to a Pakistan Immigration Officer as Ex-Minister of Ports & Shipping of Afghanistan.

The Pakistani officer was surprised, and asked: "But there is no sea in Afghanistan. How can you be the Ex-Minister of Ports & Shipping?"

The Afghan replied: "Oye haramzaade ki aulad, don't you have a Minister for Law & Justice in Pakistan?
light_dark thumbnail
A QUESTION AND ANSWER

In 1954, when Ben Gurion was prime minister, he travelled to the USA to meet with President Eisenhower to request his assistance and support in the early and difficult days of the State of Israel. John Foster Dulles who was the then secretary of state confronted Ben Gurion and challenged him as follows:

"Tell me, Mr Prime Minister – whom do you and your state represent? Does it represent the Jews of Poland, perhaps Yemen, Romania, Morocco, Iraq, Russia or perhaps Brazil? After 2000 years of exile can you honestly speak about a single nation, a single culture? Can you speak about a single heritage or perhaps a single Jewish tradition?"

Ben Gurion answered him as follows:

"Look, Mr Secretary of State – approximately 300 years ago the Mayflower set sail from England and on it were the first settlers who settled in what would become the largest democratic superpower known as the United States of America. Now, do me a favor - go out into the streets and find 10 American children and ask them the following:

What was the name of the Captain of the Mayflower?
How long did the voyage take?
What did the people who were on the ship eat?
What were the conditions of sailing during the voyage?

I'm sure you would agree with me that there is a good chance that you won't get a good answer to these questions.

Now in contrast - not 300 but more than 3000 years ago, the Jews left the land of Egypt. I would kindly request from you Mr Secretary that on one of your trips around the world, try and meet 10 Jewish children in different countries. And ask them:

What was the name of the leader who took the Jews out of Egypt?
How long did it take them before they got to the land of Israel?
What did they eat during the period when they were wondering in the desert?
And what happened to the sea when they encountered it?

Once you get the answers to these questions, please carefully consider the question that you have just asked me!"
light_dark thumbnail
Why does it cry the voice in you
for sometimes in the solitude of the slumbering dark
i yearn to know what it all means
I did as i have many times alone and in company searched for this voice that speaks and laments.
In mute amusement i call out and sometimes yell out in anger and irritation why do you cry and what ails your mind
and the walls stay still and stand still as if frozen in shock of being heard and i am left wondering on the meandering mind like the little stream that comes sometimes with an unexpected spell of rain.
And like the creatures of the wind and those that are on earth i am caught unawares with the voice like they of the rain.
So i take it now that it is some lost soul walking and whispering of some strange happenings in the past and let it go for i have no anchor of the past for they weigh and drag me to the inky darkness of solitude and sadness.
let it wail,let it lament and let it run its course and i shall mute the ears for those inaudible whispers lest they rise in crescendo and drown me in their sorrow.

satish
spain thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
MUST watch video!!
Of a dog and a boy with Down's Syndrome...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA8VJh0UJtg[/YOUTUBE]
spain thumbnail
It's stupid how someone says to you, "I'm here for you if you ever need me. I wish you happiness always...blah..blah..blah..blah.."

My question is - Where the hell were you when we were together and I really needed you???

Just my random thought for the day...
light_dark thumbnail
                                    Soliloquy IN SOLITUDE

Whence in dark or light there is no fathoming
        But the audibles in decibels of pain or happiness
  Were it sprang from and in darkness it lay needing no
    Light like the wise proclaim
      In dark and in solitude whence it came and travelled
       To where it will go

From whence it becomes hence and for the struggle
    of sixpence
   So many whence and hence pass,pause,touch and stare
   and they keep passing on and you lay,walk and live
    in darkness of the mind and the fierce brightness of your soul

Many come,some stay and you drink life with them
   Many come and many may stay but yet they drain your life
   And you drink death with them

Soon the many and some are burdens of day and light
    And you draw back into the darkness of your mind

light_dark thumbnail
During a BBQ, a woman stumbled and took a little fall - she assured everyone that she was fine (they offered to call paramedics) ...she said she had just tripped over a brick because of her new shoes.

They got her cleaned up and got her a new plate of food. While she appeared a bit shaken up, Jane went about enjoying herself the rest of the evening.

Jane's husband called later telling everyone that his wife had been taken to the hospital - (at 6:00 PM Jane passed away.) She had suffered a stroke at the BBQ. Had they known how to identify the signs of a stroke, perhaps Jane would be with us today. Some don't die. They end up in a helpless, hopeless condition instead.

It only takes a minute to read this.

A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke...totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.

RECOGNIZING A STROKE

Thank God for the sense to remember the '3' steps, STR. Read and

Learn!

Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.

Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:

S *Ask the individual to SMILE.

T *Ask the person to TALK and SPEAK A

SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently)
(i.e. Chicken Soup)

R *Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.

If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call emergency number immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.

New Sign of a Stroke -------- Stick out Your Tongue

NOTE: Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask the person to 'stick' out his tongue. If the tongue is

'crooked', if it goes to one side or the other that is also an indication of a stroke.
light_dark thumbnail
Language... has created the word "loneliness" to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word "solitude" to express the glory of being alone.

Being solitary is being alone well: being alone luxuriously immersed in doings of your own choice, aware of the fullness of your won presence rather than of the absence of others. Because solitude is an achievement.

It's an interesting combination: Having a great fear of being alone, and having a desperate need for solitude and the solitary experience. That's always been a tug of war for me.

I like the idea of being alone. I like the idea of often being alone in all aspects of my life. I like to feel lonely. I like to need things.

There's a tremendous difference between alone and lonely. You could be lonely in a group of people. I like being alone. I like eating by myself. I go home at night and just watch a movie or hang out with my dog. I have to exert myself and really say, oh God, I've got to see my friends 'cause I'm too content being by myself.

Sometimes, I wonder if I am seeing the same things through my eyes that the rest of the world is seeing through theirs.

If you're lucky enough to have something that makes you different from everybody else don't ever change.

We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.

Your problem is never really your problem, your reaction to your problem is your problem.

Everybody has different problems. Its not about comparing yours with others. It's about solving yours.

Being different doesn't make you an outsider it makes you unique and makes you stand out while looking into an unchanged world.

Don't hate me because I'm different, admire me because I'm unique.

Don't judge someone just because they sin differently than you.

Our imperfection is what make us perfect in our own ways and it's what makes us different and special from the others.

I find that the very things that I get criticized for, which is usually being different and just doing my own thing and just being original, is the very thing that's making me successful.

I'm not different for the sake of being different, only for the desperate sake of being myself. I can't join your gang: you'd think I was a phony and I'd know it.

I think being different, going against the grain of society is the greatest thing in the world.

spain thumbnail
Just be happy with your solitude, Satish.

Hope you'll win and come out smiling from your internal tug of war.
spain thumbnail
Have you ever noticed that walnuts are strangely shaped in the form of human brains?

It maybe a coincidence, but the most recent studies have proved that eating a handful of nuts (particularly walnuts) every day decreases your risk of stroke by 49% and it decreases your heart attack risk by 30%.
So get into the habit of eating walnuts!!

Ideally, stroke patients should get shifted to a hospital within 3 hours.
That 3 hours is very crucial.
You would not believe how many of them get discharged out of the hospital...walking and talking, as if nothing had even happened!