Madhu Balakrishnan fans

Bonheur thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I make no apologies n I will say unabashedly that I am a great fan of this singer. What I like is his classical depth. He participated in Ilayaraja's concert in Toronto on 16 feb, singing alongside SPB, Hariharan, Karthik, Yuvan n the like. He sang only 2 songs but his performance was by far the best, in my view. Here is a video clip of one of the songs, an old Yesudas number

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG9VVLyDzyg&list=UU4LCT3aLYharUAEnWJ5Gxkw&index=3

Enjoy

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

migan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hi Bon - Nice to see you here. Did you watch the show live?

I know you are a fan of of him and me too - been missing him a long time. He didn't get as many chances as he deserves.

Recently they showed a program in Vijay TV called iruvar - I am trying to find a link to it. Madhu.B sang a lot of songs old Yesudos songs and all of them are wonderful. He sang along with SPB, Chitra, Malaysia Vasudevan and Saindhavi.

Wonderful program.
Bonheur thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi Migan

Glad you enjoy Madhu's songs and agree he deserves more exposure. Incidentally, he appeared in Vijay TV's Chennaiyil Thiruvaiyaru today and the day before yesterday, singing a medley of songs with a few other singers. I expected him to sing a few solos and was disappointed.

No, I wasn't in Toronto; wish I was. I recorded Iruvar some time back on my TV's set top box but can't convert it to a CD.

Among Tamil songs, some of Madhu's recent songs include "O sengade" in "Paradesi", "Neeyum naanum" in Prasad", "Iravu Pagal" in "Naankam Thamizhan", and "Omkaara" in the Shriya Sharan-starring historical movie "Chandra". He also has a song in "Kedi Billa Killadi Renga" but I haven't heard it.

If you are into Malayalam songs and especially Malayalam devotional songs, you're in for a treat. He has sung some amazing, classically-oriented songs. He in fact has nearly 10,000 devotional songs to his credit.
mellisai thumbnail
thanks for the link, bon. 
madhu balakrishnan - brilliant as always!