Welcome to Saraswatichandra Articles Archive

Please post all articles related to Saraswatichandra here
Thank You

Edited by Xx_fehmida_xX - 11 years ago
Posted: 11 years ago

Gautam Rode in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's show on Star Plus

Saturday, March 10, 2012 | 1:35:07 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    78 Comments
Gautam Rode in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's show on Star Plus

The acclaimed filmmaker ropes in a celebrated star cast for his directorial television debut

Sanjay Leela Bhansali is all set to make his debut television show for Star Plus for which renowned names have been roped in. Sources confirm that Jennifer Winget  will play the main lead whereas Monica Bedi will play a negative role. Other names include Yatin Karyekar,Chetan Pandit, Ragini Shah and Hitesh Chauhanof Star Plus' Perfect Bride fame.

The latest we hear is that Gautam Rode, who was last seen as Vineet Saxena,Richa Thakral's (Mona Wasu) NRI fiance in Colors Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka, will play the main lead in the show. He will be seen opposite Jennifer Winget.

We contacted Gautam Rode who remained unavailable for comment.

The show, we hear, will go on floors from April. 

Sanjay Leela Bhansali's show gets a title -Saraswatichandra!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 | 4:48:20 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    93 Comments
Sanjay Leela Bhansali's show gets a title -Saraswatichandra!

Sanjay Leela Bhansali' much awaited entry in Tellywood has gotten more concrete with finalising of his show's title - Saraswatichandra..

Tellybuzz had informed its readers about Bollywood's acclaimed director Sanjay Leela Bhansalimaking an entrysanjay leela bhansali in the world of Television. Today Tellybuzz has concrete news about the title of the show - Saraswatichandra !

The show is based on a middle cast Gujarati family and highlights the story of three sisters.Sanjay Leela Bhansali is associated with perfection and grandeur and we are sure he will leave no stone unturned to make his debut in Tellywood.

The show will boast of some seasoned actors in Tellywood. Telly industry's newly wed Jennifer Winget will return to TV with this show. Tellybuzz had earlier reported about Gautam Rode being part of the starcast as well.

The show is expected to air sometime in September. Tellybuzz hopes that Sanjay Leela Bhansali manages to entertain the audience in Tellywood and make his mark !

Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Saraswatichandra to begin shoot in November

Thursday, October 25, 2012 | 2:23:54 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    131 Comments
Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Saraswatichandra to begin shoot in November

Jennifer Singh Grover and Gautam Rode will be a part of this TV show...

Tellybuzz had earlier reported about Bollywood's acclaimed Director, Sanjay Leela Bhansali making a TV show titled Saraswatichandra which was about to begin shoot soon. 

The show's pilot was shot 10 months ago and there was a buzz in the media about it being scrapped.However, Sanjay Leela Bhansali has managed to get the show back on track. 

Saraswatichandra will feature Jennifer Singh Grover and Gautam Rode. According to our sources the team will start shooting in November. The show was delayed due to issues with its scripting. It will shot in both India and Dubai. 

Tellybuzz tried to get in touch with Jennifer Singh Grover but she remained unavailable for comment.

Reporter: Nadia Malik

"I am doing the best kind of work on Television":Gautam Rode

Friday, January 04, 2013 | 6:00:01 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    126 Comments
"I am doing the best kind of work on Television":Gautam Rode

Actor turned anchor Gautam Rode in conversation with Tellybuzz...

You are currently seen anchoring Nach Baliye 5 with Karan Wahi. Tell us about your experience?

The experience is good, it is going on well and we have got a good response.

Who is your favourite judge amongst the three of them 
and why? 

All three are good in their own ways, so I cant pick one. All of them have different qualities. They are fun to work with and the good part about them is that they all are very chilled out in nature. It doesn't feel like they are judges because of their personalities. We address them as 'jee' and 'aap' because they are senior to us. 

A lot is being spoken about your upcoming show with Jennifer Singh Grover on Star Plus. Tell us about it.

The show will be on air soon as we have already started shooting for it.

If offered would you 
be a part of the Bigg Boss house?

My policy is never say never. My thinking doesn't really fit in Bigg Boss. However it is all about the kind of work you are doing. I am happy doing what I currently am. I am doing the best kind of work on television. I am doing non fiction and fiction both on the number one channel.

Currently reality shows are trending. What is your take on them?

They are going well. I think every show is getting a good response, be it Bigg Boss Season 6 or India's Got Talent. Our show Nach Baliye 5 got the highest TRP for a non fiction show on television and became No. 1. People are accepting it and liking it too. You should be positive with shows, put a little bit of humour and people will go for it.

Your favourite movie that you have recently seen?

Paan Singh Tomar was good.

Which is the favourite occasion of the year for you?

Diwali and New Year both of these are fun and you get more holidays too.

Your nickname?

I have many nicknames. Everyone has a different name for me. Friends cut it short and call me Gauti, Gotu, Rode, Road etc. 

You are obsessed about?

Workout.

Any message for your India-Forums fans?

Keep watching Nach Baliye 5 as for now. Give us your support and any feedback is welcome. We will try improve our self, keep on supporting us and keep loving us.

Reporter: Nadia Malik. 

Bhansali's debut TV show promos out, its grand

Saturday, February 09, 2013 | 11:54:01 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)    120 Comments
Bhansali's debut TV show promos out, its grand

Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali, who is known for creating opulent dramas like "Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam", "Devdas", and "Black", brings the same grandness to TV with "Saraswatichandra", his first production for the small screen.

Filmmaker Sanjay Leela bhansali, who is known for creating opulent dramas like "Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam", "Devdas", and "Black", brings the same grandness to TV with "Saraswatichandra", his first production for the small screen.

Replete with opulence and grandeur, the show's promos boast Bhansali's signature style.

With huge sets, being shot in different locations, and graphics, "Saraswatichandra" will provide a much needed break to the viewers who seem to be bored of seeing kitchen politics-based shows over and over again.

Soon to be aired on Star Plus, "Saraswatichandra" is based on Govardhanram Madhavaram Tripathi's popular Gujarati novel of the same name.

In 1968 director Govind Saraiya adapted the book on the big screen with Nutan and Manish in the lead roles. The film had many hit songs including "Chandan sa badan" and "Phool tumhe bheja hai khat mein".

Set in a middle-class Gujarati family, the show is about clash of ideologies. Gautam Rode">Gautam Rode plays Saraswatichandra, while actress Jennifer Winget will be seen in the female lead role of Kumud.

Monica Bedi's role has shades of grey.

Sanjay Leela Bhansali makes his grand TV debut with Saraswatichandra!

Friday, February 15, 2013 | 12:30:37 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    105 Comments
Sanjay Leela Bhansali makes his grand TV debut with Saraswatichandra!

'Saraswatichandra' rekindles love, recreates cinema's grandeur on television...

Acclaimed filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali will sizzle television screens with a classic love story based on the iconic Gujarati novel Saraswtichandrathat debuts on Star Plus this February. Bhansali adds a Midas touch toSaraswatichandra and Kumud's love story with his signature style, replete with opulence and grandeur.

The ace filmmaker, credited for creating memorable characters in his epic love stories, will replicate his magic through a modern day portrayal of Saraswatichandra and Kumud.  The show will feature television heartthrob Gautam Rode as the multi-layered Saraswatichandra whileJennifer Singh Grover adorns the role of Kumud with her charismatic screen presence. ActorsMonica Bedi and Chetan Pandit will also play pivotal parts in the show. While Sanjay Leela Bhansali is also the creative director, Arvind Babbal will be the series director for the show.

Star Plus' viewers can expect to see a passionate and emotional love story wrapped in stylized production details, elaborate sets, charming colours, butter-soft cinematography and well-directed story-telling.

"With Saraswatichandra we are celebrating Romance on the channel, packaged in a never-seen-before format that matches the splendour and glory of cinema. We are delighted to work with renowned filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali who has created cinematic masterpieces. Sarwastichandra promises to mesmerise audiences with its intensely passionate love story set against a backdrop of breath taking sets." said Nachiket Pantvaidya, General Manager, STAR Plus. 

Saraswatichandra will set a new benchmark for Indian television with its majestic set featuring a lavish haveli, pristine lakes and sprawling gardens. The show has also been extensively shot at architectural marvels of Dubai and will feature some of the city's renowned landmarks such as the Burj Khalifa. Apart from its grand sets and bustling cities, Saraswatichandra will rely on latest technology to build a visual extravaganza for its viewers. 

Rani unveils poster of Bhansali's debut TV show

Friday, February 15, 2013 | 3:30:04 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    107 Comments
Rani unveils poster of Bhansali's debut TV show

Actress Rani Mukerji, who unveiled the poster of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's TV show "Saraswatichandra", is confident that the filmmaker's debut TV show will be as spectacular as all his big screen projects.

Rani mukherjee and Sanjay Leela bhansali

Actress Rani Mukerji, who unveiled the poster ofSanjay Leela Bhansali's TV show "Saraswatichandra", is confident that the filmmaker's debut TV show will be as spectacular as all his big screen projects.

The actress worked with Bhansali in "Black".

"I will always be there for him. He is my good friend and favourite director. This is his debut on television and I wish him good luck," Rani told reporters at the show's launch Thursday.

"I want everyone to watch this show. I am sure that like his films 'Devdas', 'Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam', 'Black' and others, even this show will be spectacular," she added.

The show, set to go on air on Star Plus starting Feb 25, is based on Govardhanram Madhavram Tripathi's Gujarati novel of the same name.

"This show means a lot to me as we have worked hard on the show. I am happy Rani came for unveiling the poster of my show. She gave a superb performance in 'Black' and she is the best actor I have worked with," said Bhansali.

About his foray into the small screen world, he said: "Television is not easy at all. Actors and directors have their own different demands. Small screen is becoming bigger than big screen. We have made this show for the current audiences. We have made some changes so that the people accept it."

His show features Gautam Rode and Jennifer Singh Grover in key roles.

Gautam Rode's adventurous sky diving experience!

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 | 2:53:37 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    69 Comments
Gautam Rode's adventurous sky diving experience!

Gautam Rode shares his experience of sky diving he did for the promo shoot of Saraswatichandra...

Gautam Rode recently was one of the few lucky actors who got the opportunity to sky dive on television for his showSaraswatichandra.  While sky diving was seen in the recent hit film Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, its never been seen in the telly land.  We hear that the actor really enjoyed working with Barbara and Wolf, the same team that had trained Hrithik, Farhan and Abhay Deol.  

Ask Gautam about the experience and he says, "It was a very thrilling experience.  I went through three stages while shooting for this sky diving scene - the first stage was scary, the second chilling as I was nervous yet I started enjoying it and by the third stage it was exciting and I was loving it!  We rarely get to do such adventurous acts on television.  This was larger than life as we have covered everything from sky diving to car racing with all the emotions, adventure and excitement.  You rarely get to see such things in daily soaps or even in films."  

Looks like Gautam is enjoying experimenting on screen!

Saraswatichandra: A lavish love story

Bollywood director-turned-producer Sanjay Leela Bhansali has reportedly spent a whopping '3 crore on the set of his maiden television venture, Saraswatichandra, starring Gautam Rode and Jennifer Winget in the lead.

Says Gautam, who plays the title role, "It's a passionate and intense love story between Saraswatichandra and Kumudsundari." About Kumud, Jennifer says, "She is today's girl — independent, practical and confident. She is fun-loving and lively."

The actors say the promos have been received well. "I have never got a better response than this. The viewers will feel they are watching a movie.We have shot in Dubai and Rajkot and the production values are high, but what's challenging is to sustain the quality. We are trying to sort out the script in advance so that this is taken care of," says Gautam.

So, how is it working with Sanjay? Gautam says, "Though Sanjay sir is not directing the show, he is involved creatively. I have had a few meetings with him and he explains every nuance of the character."

Saraswatichandra, presented by Vivel, launches tonight and will air Monday to Friday at 7.30 pm on Star Plus.
Saraswatichandra to be aired on Star Plus and Doordarshan

Saraswatichandra to be aired on Star Plus and Doordarshan

This is the first time a fiction show is being aired on two channels.

After Satyamev Jayate and Zee TV's Ramayan, it is time for Saraswatichandra to follow suit. Sanjay Leela Bhansali's debut TV show is being aired in Star Plus and Doordashansimultaneously. 

"This makes it the first ever fiction show on Indian television which is being telecast on two channels. It is a very big thing," said the shows lead Gautam Rode. 

The director of the show, Arvind Babbal is very happy. "This way the show will reach more viewers, as Doordarshan has a lot of loyal viewers. What makes me more happy and proud is that I started my career with Doordarshan and worked with the channel from 1989 to 98, before I shifted to Mumbai. So it is like homecoming for me," he said, adding that his mother-in-law — who has no cable connection — was happy to see the show on Doordarshan. 

"She is not fond of television as such. O it made me all the more happy when she called to say that she saw it and liked it. The story of the serial is such that it should reach the masses," he said.

While the show will be aired at Star Plus at 7.30 pm and 11 pm, it will be shown on Doordarshan at 9.30 pm. 

Saraswatichandra: First video chat amid Kumud & Saraswatichandra

It is being shown that Saraswatichandra (Gautam Rode) is not ready get marry to Kumud Sundari (Jennifer Winget) in the showSaraswatichandra on Star Plus.

On the other hand, Kumud is enjoying the moment of thinking about Saraswatichandra.

It will now be shown that Saraswatichandra will send a letter to Kumud.

Kumud will feel bad after knowing about his rejection for marriage.

Apart from this, Saraswtichandra's father Lakshmi Nandan (Chetan Pundit)  and Kumud's father Vaidya Chatur will arrange a video chat for Saraswati Chandra and Kumud.

Kumud  who is very upset by letter will refuse to show her face to Saraswatichandra during the conference.

After talking to Kumud, Saraswatichandra will develop some soft corner for Kumud.