Saraswatichandra

Saraswatichandra, a classic tale of love.

scarlet.moon thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
mukammal jahan ki adhuri dastaan

Saraswatichandra is said to be a classic tale of love, heartache, pride and prejudice. A story of these two souls who go through their share of trials and tribulations for the eternal love they share. A poignant love story that will touch your heart. 

While reading the description of the main characters, Saraswatichandra and Kumud, their perspective on life seems quite poles apart while one believes in no need of seven vows to make a promise, the other has her values intact with her father's honor being of uttermost importance, one of them being the belief in marriage as her family belongs to a small backyard village of Gujarat. 

I for one am really looking forward to the show for various reasons. From the fresh pairing of Jennifer and Gautam to the larger than life standard set by Sanjay Leela Bhansali in his films to the most importance reason being the heart of the show, the storyline. 

So, what is your expectation for the show? Who are you looking forward to? Why will you be watching the show?
Edited by scarlet.moon - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ilovepyaar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
I don't want to set my expectations too high, because I really don't want to get disappointed. I'm obviously hoping for a good show because it's very hyped up. The storyline seems promising, and I love that the show has a tragic element to it. I'm a sucker for tragic love stories, especially ones with sad endings. The show looks like it's going to be quite deep too, which I'm really excited for. There are way too many superficial shows on TV nowadays.
scarlet.moon thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ilovepyaar

I don't want to set my expectations too high, because I really don't want to get disappointed. I'm obviously hoping for a good show because it's very hyped up. The storyline seems promising, and I love that the show has a tragic element to it. I'm a sucker for tragic love stories, especially ones with sad endings. The show looks like it's going to be quite deep too, which I'm really excited for. There are way too many superficial shows on TV nowadays.

I completely second you on that. Like mentioned above storyline is the main pull for me which looks quite promising right now. And it being a tragic heart wrenching love story just makes it something to look forward to. Just hoping they keep it as realistic as possible. 
ilovepyaar thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: scarlet.moon

I completely second you on that. Like mentioned above storyline is the main pull for me which looks quite promising right now. And it being a tragic heart wrenching love story just makes it something to look forward to. Just hoping they keep it as realistic as possible. 

I don't know how realistic they'll be able to keep it. Comparing it to HDDCS or Devdas (haven't seen his recent stuff) it might not be very realistic, but it's definitely deep. There are a lot of shows/movies that are far from being remotely realistic, but have realistic themes and messages. That's how I really feel about Ekta's stuff. Her tracks are far from realistic, and overly dramatic, but when it comes down to it, the themes she portrays in her shows are very realistic, which is why I don't dislike her shows. Based on what I've seen of SLB, his movies are quite dramatic, but they're really passionate love stories. The themes he presents are very realistic too, especially (in my opinion) the sad endings.
scarlet.moon thumbnail
Ofcourse, at the end of the day it is a fictional show hence expecting it to be all realistic is going to be naive. But the theme, the message and how it is passed on can be kept realistic to an extent and that is what I am looking for. Maybe too high of an expectation but knowing the likes of Devdas and HDDCS we are surely in for a heartwarming tragic love story. 
ilovepyaar thumbnail
Yeah, maybe it will end up being realistic, but since it's from a bollywood director, I'm expecting a more dramatic story than a realistic one. It sounds like it'll definitely be heartwarming and tragic! Let's see what the show brings us. I hope SLB will be able to cope with tellywood, and won't end up taking this story off track.
MadameX thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I'm not keeping high expectations either for this show; I'm mostly here for some great conversations and discussions. ðŸ˜Š
JugniPH thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
The promos are very promising and story too..And the best factor is SLB..i loved his works and way of telling story..The noval has a tragic ending..but i'm not sure whether he will follow the exact track or not..let see ..cant wait for tmrw..
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I really don't want to have high expectation while watching a show I like keeping it low I hope I'll be able to follow it for awhile I love the promo's. 
-Stutz- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I know the original story of Saraswatichandra, and it is really a tragic one. The end was not happy, nor was it the typical sad one! From the promos, i feel they have changed the end. "Adhuri kahani, ab hogi puri". I expect the show to be really good. I like the story, i like the actors, I like the producer! The show does seem to be a promising one. I do have a lot of expectations (forget me, my family too) and I hope we aren't let down! Cant wait for tomo!