All Ek Thi Nayika Discussions Here! - Page 4

Posted: 11 years ago
Lovely pic of aamna..shes looking fabulous :) thanks for sharing puri
In a unique promotional tie-up, Ek Thhi Naayka, that flags off on Life OK this Sunday, March 9, at 11 pm, brings together eight of TV's top actresses in a 16-episode series, featuring eight different horror stories and haunted by the daayans of Ekta Kapoor's forthcoming film, Ek Thi Daayan. Here's why the telly naayikas agreed to the shiver fest...

by Ankita Chaurasia, Sanyukta Iyer and Moumita Bhattacharjee

Aamna Shareef 

'I'm terrified when I'm alone in a lift'

Wouldn't you have rather played a daayan (witch) than a naayika (heroine) in the TV show?
(Laughs) No, spirits spook me out! I'm terrified when I am alone in the lift. So I'm quite happy playing a naayika.

You're confident of standing out in a crowd of eight TV actresses?
(Smiles) Not just eight TV actresses, but eight senior, top-ranking TV actresses. I wanted to look my best and have worked really hard to stand out.

We've only seen you in romantic roles so far, you think you will be able to pull off a horror story?
I'm a die-hard romantic and love movies, akin to the Yash Chopra genre. That's why I'm happy I'm playing a naayika in Lucknow and not a daayan in this show.

So who is the daayan in your episode?
Huma Qureshi, she will make her TV debut in my episode.

What's different about your naayika?
(With a cheeky grin) I slay the daayan with my rifle.

iBox
Aamna Shareef plays a Muslim nayikaa from Lucknow. She will appear in episode 15 and 16. She is best represented by Uttar Pradesh's special dessert, Awadhi Jalebi with Rabri.

Hehe how ironic..there were 2 lift scenes in kth where the lift stopped..first time sujal appeared and second time the stalker after her wedding with Sujal
Thanks for posting..aamna looks amazing :)