Saraswatichandra

~~S'Chandra, a journey of two souls~~

vish.naren thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Hello Everyone, My name is Vishnu, and I've given the Members intro, and would try my best to be active in the forum!😳

I started my 1st S'Chandra post in Suggestion/Comments section for the request to open the forum! πŸ˜³

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3448138 
Glad to have it finally here...!! πŸ˜³

Now let me get down to the topic...!!πŸ˜ƒ

Here we shall discuss the Plot of the Serial...!!!

The story is originally a Gujarathi Novel by Govardhanram Madhavaram Tripathi , the original plot is based on 19th century.

It was made into a movie, in the same name, in 1968. with the exact essence from the Novel.

Now the serial would adapt changes in the same. 

a synopsis of the original would can be read here  , 
http://www.letstalkaboutbollywood.com/article-saraswati-chandra-the-last-tragedy-62159670.html 

for those who want a short summary, here are my words.

1, A middle class, aristocrat guys S'Chandra is raised by stepmother, and his father fixes his marriage with a rich, educated girl, Kumund.

2, Saras try to convey that he don't want to maary through letters, and they talk thro' letters, and Kumud break the rule, and meet Saras before the marriage.

3, they meed, romance little, but a family situation lead to separation, and Kumund marry another person who is rich but illiterate.

4, the Groom leads a dirty double life, and S'Chandra becomes his secratary and thus Kumund meets him again.

5, a bit more tragedy happenes, and Kumund's husband expose her old affair. 

Later He dies, Kumund try to drown in a river, rescued, and arrive in a temple where S'Chandra is devoting to purify himself, but she don't know tha she is a widow.

6, when S'Chandra reveals  her the Widow Status, she drifts from him again, and she ask him to marry her Sister, so that she would be closer to him, but he refuses, finally accept that he would do community help as she desires.

thus though drifted, they remain devoted to each other...!!😳

Now your and My Qn would be what are the changes in the serial...!!😳 
I shall try my best to discuss the same...!!πŸ˜ƒ

Now the description of the story in SP's site is the following...

Saraswathichandra is a poignant love story of two soul mates: Saras and Kumud, who are denied the joy of becoming one by destiny and tradition. Whenever they try to move away from each other, life keeps bringing them together again. Their love story goes through several ups and downs. Eventually Kumud gets married to someone else while Saras, out of unconditional love, decides to take care of her family and fulfil duties as the man in her life. It is a classic tale of love and heart ache, pride and prejudice, of yearning and longing between two people who were so close yet not close enough to two people today who are so far from each other yet not far enough in heart. To know more about the love story keep watching Saraswatichandra, starting 25th February, Monday to Friday at 7:30 PM 

and the character descriptions are...!!

Saraswatichandra

Saraswatichandra is a modern yet traditional young man, who has completed his education from Harvard. He has a keen business sense and does not miss out on any single opportunity to do charity. His father is a rich businessman based in Dubai and he has been brought up by his step mother. He has a deep connection with his mother, so much so that, even after her death he fulfills all the promises made to her. Saraswatichandra is a man full of love, compassion and integrity. He stays by his words and believes that the seven vows of marriage are not necessary to fulfill all those promises. He believes that one can fulfill those promises even without taking the vachans and the seven feras.

Kumud

Kumud is born in a middle class family and is based in a small backward village of Gujarat. She is a girl of 'today' and considering the circumstances of her birth, she is way ahead of the times in her little backward village. She is an intelligent and sharp-witted person while also being proud and progressive. She has her values intact and for her family's pride is of utmost importance to her. She has a never say die spirit.

So what did they change,...!😊

1, SC'dra's BG is swapped with Kumund...!!😊 that is to accommodate the TV show usual idea, rich groom and poor girl...πŸ˜ƒ well no girl dream to marry a normal guy, its always a price! πŸ˜³ right...!!πŸ˜‰

2, for the tragedy part, Kumund does get married to another person...!! πŸ˜² NO!!!😭😭 but they are still together? πŸ˜³ huhπŸ˜•

3, Yeah there is a stepmother, and looks like we would be facing 2 villains, 1 the stepmom, 2nd the Kumund's husband..!!😈

4, but the best part is this is gonna be a saga, and hope we would fit into it...!!πŸ˜†
Edited by wish.naren - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ARS24 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
hi vishnu nice to meet

whr r u from?
vish.naren thumbnail
Hello Arun, i'm from India,

@everyone, I've done editing it...!!
seelaks thumbnail
Thanks Vishnu !!!

Yeah , their Societal stratification is totally different. It's changed to fit the modern day principles πŸ˜‰
Amor. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
hey vishnu :)

nice post dear
vish.naren thumbnail
Originally posted by: seelaks

Thanks Vishnu !!!

Yeah , their Societal stratification is totally different. It's changed to fit the modern day principles πŸ˜‰

@lakshmi akka, why thanku-wanku...!

and yeah of course they have to change that...!!

and I hope SLB won't make it too tragic..!! i can't even hold on to SV2 , and this length tragedy might break me..!! but i hope it would be just great to follow it...!!

Originally posted by: Amor.

hey vishnu :)

nice post dear 

Thanks Khushi Di..!!😳 glad to see u here...!!πŸ˜†
Edited by wish.naren - 11 years ago
seelaks thumbnail
Ok !! Thank u ko vaapas lethi hun πŸ˜†

But if SLB decides to stick to the original version then it has to be tragic !! 

Let's not worry about it πŸ˜ƒ even before the serial starts πŸ˜†
Amor. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
@vishnu
same here :)
HeyDeviMaiyya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Hi Vishnu !! You're here finally ! πŸ˜† Remember me?πŸ˜›
vish.naren thumbnail
@Lakshmi Di...!! πŸ˜³ I know..!! but SLB bhi na... he like a little tragedy..!! but hope SP would like to keep it fresh and glad...!! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ

@Khushi Di...!!😳

@Abhi, yeah!! finally😳, and with a long hathoda post...!!πŸ˜ƒ