Regarding Discussion of Slap

-Jwalamukhi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 11 years ago
Hi guys,

As you are aware, last week-ish, there was a note posted where the Slap topics were not allowed to be discussed only because the slap topic was made into something more than it should have been.

So the Dev Team has decided that in order to adjust to the needs of all the members, the following rule has come in:

Members are allowed to make slap topics on the forum BUT it has to be under the context of QH only. So you cannot compare a slap in QH to domestic violence or rape as those are not related to QH. So you CAN discuss the slap but ONLY if it is in context to QH.

If the topic is diverted, then the topic will get closed. For you to discuss domestic violence on women and rape and whatnot, please use the Debate Mansion.

And again, I apologize to anyone who feels that their voice and opinions are being neglected.

Thanks
QH Dev Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-RohitMaxwell- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
thanks Shifali for reopening and allowing it. i always support if this topics is maturely discussed in constructive way
--HiNa-- thumbnail
thank you for ur hardworkk and yeah maybe i think now people have forget it
Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: *Shifali*

Hi guys,

As you are aware, last week-ish, there was a note posted where the Slap topics were not allowed to be discussed only because the slap topic was made into something more than it should have been.

So the Dev Team has decided that in order to adjust to the needs of all the members, the following rule has come in:

Members are allowed to make slap topics on the forum BUT it has to be under the context of QH only. So you cannot compare a slap in QH to domestic violence or rape as those are not related to QH. So you CAN discuss the slap but ONLY if it is in context to QH.

If the topic is diverted, then the topic will get closed. For you to discuss domestic violence on women and rape and whatnot, please use the Debate Mansion.

And again, I apologize to anyone who feels that their voice and opinions are being neglected.

Thanks
QH Dev Team

Shifali, this is a completely ignorant comment to say that you cannot compare an incident of slapping in this show as an act of domestic violence. We've seen a considerable level of behavior that meets that definition. To say that it does not is completely wrong of the DEV team. Next you will be telling us it is not an example fo physical abuse.

So, you are saying that it is perfectly fine then to romanticize it, say that Asad has haq over her to slap her etc and that it was perfectly justifiable under the circumstances.

I'd like to know how the DEV team has chosen to ignore years of research and experts who would be able to define this as a domestic violent episode. Couples do not have to be legally married or dating for an incident to be defined as domestic violence; the act has to take place between two individuals residing in the same home - and that's what happened here.
Edited by Laila2009 - 11 years ago
Targaryen thumbnail
I'm sorry what?! You can discuss the slap but you aren't allowed to name it domestic violence? This is an excuse of a forum where democracy does not exist. Hats off mods 👏
ana1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i don't think ppl should jump on the mods throats for this. Obviously ppl in the past have demonstrated that they can maturely debate the topic so this rule makes sense.

i am sure the mods are not trying to imply that a slap is not equal to abuse. But for the calmness of members i also feel its better to move on.
KunwaariDaayan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Shifali I agree with Laila, that you are being highly ignorant here and only seem  to be doing the talking on behalf of the majority here!
Slapping is an act of violence and in ASya's situation it is deemed as domestice violence by the law...where I come from anyway!
Reel is bound to resemblance real,and people are also bound to compare such situtaions to real and have discussions...I thought that this is what happens on a forum!😕
Also...no offense but I dnt recall any of us saying that the slap was rape,so why the need to put words in anyone's mouth.Those words have come from the pro slapping party and is now being misconstrued as our's and dictated by you!Shifal,all that I sense from all this is sarcasm and spite and really dnt see the need for this favouritism!
Edited by shaz2009 - 11 years ago
Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Why slapping is not OK; and this is the stance we take and for us to be denied the right to express this and provide the reason why is complete and utter restircition of freedom of speech and thought and is not in any violation of any of the forum rules. Here's just one article from one magazine.  

"One of the problems associated with this kind of hitting is that slapping is usually seen as just a slap, rather than a form of physical abuse. Allowing for any circumstances in which slapping or other types of physical violence is okay is a serious problem that threatens your own emotional stability, as well as the stability of your romantic relationship. Should you ever find yourself slapping or getting slapped by a partner ' even just once ' your relationship is in major trouble, and possibly beyond repair."
Edited by Laila2009 - 11 years ago
Rupunzale thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: *Shifali*

Hi guys,

Thanks
QH Dev Team

Hello Shifali,

I find your comment at bold very condescending towards women to go through physical abuse in their lives on a daily basis...and I would like to bring this to your kind perusal that each abuse starts with a push or a slap. This is extremely insensitive of you to say that a slap cannot be associated with domestic violence...do you seriously don't know what women face in the name of domestic violence ...it seems to me that you support this haneous crime.

Priyanka

|Persephone| thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Everyone,
We are not trying to put down the issue of domestic violence or violence against women. It is an extremely important issue that needs talked about and addressed. However, all we are saying is that the QH forum is not the right place to do it. The show forums are made to discuss things that relate only to the show, not broad social issues. There are specific forums to discuss such broad issues, like the Debate Mansion or Member's Lounge.
All we are asking for is to stick to the purpose of this forum - and that is to discuss QH. If your talks of the slap in QH veer into discussing the overall social issues, then your topic will either be closed or moved to a more appropriate forum. That is more than fair, as we do the same for any other topic that does not directly relate to QH, and discussing domestic violence, which a worthy topic and a worthy thing to discuss, is not something that directly relates to the show and its story.
Regards,
Gunia