Nayi Umr Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish - Agla Padav

SS: Dilemma- Son or Husband or Dad(THE END Pg 9)

Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Hello Guys! Before I start with the track, I want to share why I actually started writing this. This track is primarily about children taking care of parents in their old age.

Nowadays I see that children find it a burden to take care of their own parents. I see the elderly either living separately from their children or put in old age homes. I always wonder if we think parents leaving children in orphanages is a sin, then putting in elderly homes is also a sin. I always think of this famous line, if parents hold the child's hand and teach them to walk in their childhood, can't the same child hold their parents hand in their old age? 

I am writing this track based on few real life incidents. At the end of every part, I will mention what exactly happened. I am writing this track in a positive way. I am basing this on Ahluwalias. I wll do my best to stick to the character. But sometimes there may be chances when the character may act different. Please do not mind it then. I would like to know about your views also for the track as well as the issue itself. Thank You!

Scene 1

It is a fine afternoon. At the dining of the Ahluwalia house, Rocky and Ginny are sitting with their faces down and an angry Sweety is looking furiously at them.

Sweety: What is this Ginny? Rocky? What marks have you got? There is only 3 months for your final exams. You people don't want to go to 10th and 12th class. If you perform like this, you will remain in the same class and your classmates will go to the next standard. Then what will you do. You will still sit like this only, faces down and I and your father cannot show our faces to anyone.

Ginny: Sorry Ma, I will work hard and get good marks next time.

Rocky: Yes Ma.

Sweety: This is what you people always say. Anyways, 60% is not all good. [shakes head] Now eat your food.

Door bell rings. Sweety goes to open. It is Lucky.

Sweety: Come Luckyji. See what marks your children have got. You don't tell them anything, that is why they are like this. That is why I keep telling you now to interfere.

Lucky is in no mood to hear this. He is worried. He goes slowly and sits on the sofa in deep thinking.

Sweety: Now what happened to you  ji? Why are you sitting as if you have failed?

Lucky: Sweetyji. I got a call from Amritsar. Bebe is not well.

Sweety: Haaye. What happened to Bebe? Is she fine?

Lucky: Not sure. I am going to visit her. I am leaving immediately.

Rocky and Ginny too join them concerned.

Sweety: Haan ji. Do go and take care of her. I will pack your things.

Lucky is very sad and tensed. Sweety keeps her hand on his shoulder and assures him nothing will happen. Lucky gives a wry smile and goes upstairs.

Scene 2

It is night. Sweety is on the phone with her father.

Sweety: Papaji. I have a bad feeling, don't know why. Children have scored very less. Bebe's health is not good. Luckyji is also very tensed. He has gone to be with Bebe.

Papaji: Don't worry Sweety. Everything will be alright. You take tension for small things. Leave everything to God. He will take care.

Sweety: But Papaji. How will I be able to maintain the house without Luckyji. I hope he comes back soon.

Papaji: Acha. It has not been a single day. You are already missing him. Think about how many times he had to manage without you because of your anger. [laughs]

Sweety: What Papaji! It is not like that. If Bebe is not well, then he may think of staying back right.

Papaji: Why don't you make Bebe stay with you guys? She will feel happy also.

Sweety: Haaye Papaji! No No! If Bebe comes, children will forget studies. You know about her right. I care for her, but I cannot compromise on my children's studies and this home.

Papaji: Whatever Sweety.

Sweety: Ok Papaji. I have to speak with Luckyji also. Good Night!

Papaji: Good Night.

Sweety is in deep thinking shakes her head and calls Lucky.

Lucky: Haan Sweetyji. Everything in Ok here.

Sweety: How is Bebe?

Lucky: [silent] Fine. She has got mild paralysis on her right side. She cannot do anything on her own. Doctor has said with time, she will improve. We are still in hospital. She is getting discharged tomorrow.

Sweety: [sensing Lucky's voice] Don't worry Luckyji. Everything will become normal. You be strong.

Lucky: [nods head] Have the children ate? You were telling something about marks before. Sorry, I did not hear to you.

Sweety: Leave all that Luckyji. I will take care of the house. You take care of Bebe and...come back soon.

Lucky: [smiles] Good nightji!

Sweety: Good Night.[keeps the phone]

Scene 3

Next day, at Bebe's house. Bebe is lying in bed resting. Lucky is sitting by her side. A nurse aid comes with Bebe's food and medicines. Lucky insists on feeding Bebe himself. The nurse leaves.

Lucky wakes Bebe. Bebe opens her eyes weakly and smiles at Lucky.

Bebe: You are still here, puttar. I thought you would have left yesterday after meeting the doctor.

Lucky: [holds her hand] What are you talking Bebe? How will I leave you in this state? I will be on your side all the time.

Bebe: But puttar, you have lots of commitments back home.

Lucky: [looks at her with tears] Nothing is more important to me than you now, Bebe.

Bebe: [looks at him longingly] Thank you. Honestly, I am feeling so good to be with you at this state and if possible...till the end.

Lucky: Bebe! Don't speak like this. You will become alright in few days.

Bebe: [laughs] Don't think I am a fool. I have heart problems and now this paralysis. Lucky: [sighs and shakes his hand] You will never change. Now have your food. Then only you can have your medicines and take rest.

Lucky helps Bebe get up and feeds her lovingly. Bebe have the food happily. Lucky then gives her medicines and makes her sleep. As she sleeps, Lucky looks at Bebe's face, so calm and peaceful, holding her son's hand. He gets reminded of the time, when he was young and sick and how he held his Bebe's hand while sleeping. It has been a long journey. Lucky smiles at her.

Scene 4

It is evening time, at the Ahluwalia house, Ginny room. Sweety is staring at Ginny, fuming at her. Ginny has received a note from her teacher stating Ginny has performed very poorly in tests and her concentration is deteriorating day by day.

Sweety: If you are not interested in studies, tell me directly. I will plan something else for you. You are wasting your time and my time.

Ginny: [in tears] Actually Ma..

Sweety: Enough! I don't want to hear anything. I have read everything from the note and I am not going to sign.

Ginny: But Ma.

Sweety: End of conversation. No phones, no TV, no games from now on for you. [leaves]

Ginny is crying. She wanted to say that she is finding it difficult to study and she needs help. She wants to talk to her but she never listens. She takes the phone and calls her father.

Bebe is sleeping. Lucky is reading a book when he gets the call. Bebe wakes with the sound and hears the conversation.

Lucky: Hello!

Ginny: [crying]Daddyji!

Lucky: [shocked and concerned] Ginny! What happened? Why are you crying? Is everything ok?

Ginny: Daddyji! Please come back here. I need you now.

Lucky: [confused] What happened? First stop crying and tell me what happened?

Ginny tells everything to Lucky.

Lucky: [sighs as it is not a big issue] Look Ginny. I will definitely speak to your mother regarding this, Ok? You don't worry. I will make sure you get help in your studies, Ok?

Ginny: Ok Daddyji. But I want you to come back now. Ma is not signing my note. Please come and sign my note. I will not go to school.

Lucky: Ginny! I will speak with your mother and she will sign it.

Ginny: No Daddyji. Ma had told I should not use phone, now if you say I spoke with you, she will be mad at me. Please come home, for me. [sternly] You are coming home by morning, that's all. [keeps the phone]

Lucky: Ginny! Ginny!

Bebe: What happened? Anything wrong?

Lucky: You are awake! No..nothing to worry. I will sort it out.

Bebe: Puttar, you go home. It has been 3 days. Children will be missing you. I am Ok. Nurse is here to help me. So you don't worry. I am very happy that you were there with me in this time.

Lucky: Bebe, But..You..

Bebe: [sternly]You are going, that's is all.

Lucky: [smiles] Ginny is just like you. Ok, I am leaving now. But will come back soon. I will call you everyday at least 4 times. And please take care of yourself. You are not a child.

Bebe: [laughs] Ok Sirji. Will take care. Now you go.

Lucky takes her blessings, gives few instructions to the nurse and leaves. Bebe is happy.

Scene 5

It is morning. Ginny is sitting in the hall with the note in hand. She is very angry that her father for not turning up. She now had to go to school without the note signed. She did not have the courage to tell her mother that she does not want to go to school. Rocky joins her and Ginny gets up to go to school. She looks at the door and sees her father standing there. Ginny is overjoyed seeing her father. She runs to him and hugs him.

Ginny: [very happy] Daddyji, thank you thank you thank you so much. You are the best dad ever.

Lucky: That I am. [smiles at Rocky] Where is your mother? She is not dropping you?

Rocky: No. She is in her room. Driver has come. She is still upset with Ginny's note.

Lucky: [sighs, looks at Ginny and winks] I will take care, don't worry.

Ginny: Daddyji, Sign?

Lucky takes the note and signs and gives back. Ginny hugs him again and leaves with Rocky to school. Lucky looks on at them.

Lucky: Get ready Lucky to receive blast from Sweety for signing the note.

He prays to God and goes upstairs. 
Edited by Shwets1502 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Res for comment 😃

Hey Shwets.. Long time no see.. making millions 😉
Shwets1502 thumbnail
@Sachi...arey yar..nothing like that...was busy with work and studies thats why...but now I am free..😆
ABdaKriticizer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Excellent starting Shwetha.😉👏
Very well written and a good thought.😊
I loved they way you made a story for Ahluwalia's out of that real story you have written.👍🏼
Keep writing and continue soon.😊
Shwets1502 thumbnail
@Ahsaan...thanks a lot😊 I am setting the track now. Hope you like the forthcoming parts as well.
ABdaKriticizer thumbnail
Absolutley. Really looking forward to it.😃
ABdaKriticizer thumbnail
Please PM this to other Parvarrishians if you like.😛
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
wonderful Shwets..

You have written dialogues perfect to their characters.

and Bebe fell sick 😔 but still Sweety is not thinking of asking her to come back & stay here. 😕 She should have. 😊

BTW -- great plot.. I have seen this happening around me too.

You did mention about those Father-Mother of 2 sons once back in FB.. I feel for them. It's difficult for old age people to do house hold work at their age.  I know coz my Dada-Dadi live with us & as they are getting more old.. it gets even more difficult.

Looking forward to next part.😊
Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
@Shwets1502 I wish the current CVs and director is as talented as you...then we don't have to see this nonsense
Shwets1502 thumbnail
@Sachi...Thanks you. Yeah the condition of that old couple is becoming worse nowadays. I am going to base this track more on Lucky actually because wherever I see, the son gets stuck between mother and wife and makes a poor decision. 

@XVirus...thanks for the compliment. Hope you liked it