Nayi Umr Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish - Agla Padav

SS: Dilemma- Son or Husband or Dad(THE END Pg 9) - Page 2

MadameX thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I don't watch Parvarrish anymore and actually forgot everyone but Sweety since I remember the numerous conversations we had adoring her character. ๐Ÿ˜†

Anyways, I enjoyed reading your story. It's one of those typical scenarios where children have their own busy lives to tend to that they end up foregoing their parents' own parvarrish. It's sad but true. During that moment, it's always about how to prioritize, what to sacrifice, and what to commit to. If people learn to do that, then it might not be so tough. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
^ Thanks a lot๐Ÿ˜Š The number of cases are increasing day by day where parents are actually kicked out of their own children's house. 
Children, with high jobs and salary create their own life where they dont think their parents deserve a place. Most of them take their parents out f the equation and think just by giving money and putting them in elderly homes, their jobs is done
MadameX thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Shwets1502

^ Thanks a lot๐Ÿ˜Š The number of cases are increasing day by day where parents are actually kicked out of their own children's house. 

Children, with high jobs and salary create their own life where they dont think their parents deserve a place. Most of them take their parents out f the equation and think just by giving money and putting them in elderly homes, their jobs is done

I think the problem is far more complicated and broader in its scope. In this day and age, people receive higher education which really amounts to a lot more years spent in schooling. By the time they get their high-profile jobs, their parents have reached the age that they need to be taken care of but the children have finally attained their jobs so they have the mentality that they can't, at any cost, risk losing their hard-earned jobs from lack of commitment. So they haul the parents off to the elderly houses because to them, it's easy to pay for and easy on their guilty conscience that their parents are receiving good care. 

lizzie1765 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
awesome thats really good โญ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘
 im writing an OS  soon๐Ÿ˜ณ i hope u like it ๐Ÿ˜›
Shwets1502 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: MadameX

I think the problem is far more complicated and broader in its scope. In this day and age, people receive higher education which really amounts to a lot more years spent in schooling. By the time they get their high-profile jobs, their parents have reached the age that they need to be taken care of but the children have finally attained their jobs so they have the mentality that they can't, at any cost, risk losing their hard-earned jobs from lack of commitment. So they haul the parents off to the elderly houses because to them, it's easy to pay for and easy on their guilty conscience that their parents are receiving good care. 

I agree that children would have just entered their jobs and finds difficult to take care. But why has not the fact that it is the duty of children to take care of parents in the old age not a part of Parvarish? Its always the case that children learn from parents. So when parents ill treat their parents, children do it to them. 

I have not entered the part of ill treating parents yet.
Shwets1502 thumbnail
Thanks lizzie...please let me know when you update๐Ÿ˜Š
Shwets1502 thumbnail

Scene 6

Sweety is sitting on the bed. She is very angry and worried.

Sweety: Not sure what to do with this Ginny? Where is her concentration? She is studying for so long and yet she gets only so much marks?

Lucky slowly comes inside. He gives a last minute prayer.

Lucky: [slowly] Sweetyji!

Sweetyji is surprised and very happy to see her husband. She gets up and gives him a hug.

Sweety: How come you are here? You never told you are coming? Why you did not tell me?

Lucky: Sweetyji! Relax. Now why you did not go to drop the kids?

Sweety: Actually...One Minute.[stares] You did not sign any note for Ginny right?

Lucky stares with fear at Sweety. Sweety gives him "You are gone" look. Lucky nods his head slowly. Sweety gets angry and goes and sits on the bed again.

Sweety: Luckyji! How many times do I have to tell you not to interfere with children's studies? I know what I am doing? How can you sign the note?

Lucky: Sweetyji! [goes and sits near her] I am her father. I also have a small right on her.

Sweety gives a cold snare. Lucky continues.

Lucky: Do not get mad. But Ginny called me yesterday and told me everything.

Sweety: She called you yesterday!! I told her not...what did she say?

Lucky: Did she tell you the reason?

Sweety: She wanted to...but I did not hear? I know it will be the same...I cannot concentrate, I am trying hard, I will do better next time.

Lucky: Sweetyji! What if she is really having difficulty to concentrate? What if she really having difficultly to cope up?

Sweety: What do you mean? There is nothing like that? I have been a student too and I have never faced problems like this.

Lucky: I have been a student too and I have always faced problems like this. Not every child is the same Sweetyji. I did not get proper help and guidance and you know what happened. May be Ginny needs more help than usual.

Sweety: [thinking] May be. I thought tuitions is a waste as Rocky got more marks studying by himself. Ginny's case might be different. Tuitions may actually help her. You are right Luckyji.

Lucky: [sighing a relief] Good. Now will you please make me a cup of tea?

Sweety: [smiles at him] Ofcourse. By the way, how is Bebe?

Lucky: [Initially silent and thoughtful] She is fine, I will fill you the details having tea.

Sweety leaves. Lucky is in deep thought.

Scene 7

In the hall, Sweety and Lucky are having tea. Sweety looks at Lucky's worried face.

Sweety: Luckyji! Everything is alright? You look very worried.

Lucky: How can I be without worrying? Bebe is not well.

Sweety: What exactly happened?

Lucky: You already know that she has knee issues. She had gone to take something from the top and slipped and nearly fell down.

Sweety: [shocked] Then..

Lucky: She did not fall but that shock had given her a heart attack. Doctors said the medicines given helped her in recovering from her attack but has paralysed her right side a bit. But she will be alright in sometime.

Sweety: [prays to God] Bebe will definitely become alright. Don't worry.

Lucky: You know Sweetyji, when I was with Bebe, how happy she was? She forgot all her pain and was smiling and laughing with me. I felt so happy seeing her like that.

Sweety: Ofcourse Luckyji. Every mother feels happy to be with their children.

Lucky: That is why I have decided to bring Bebe here and she will stay with us.

Sweety: [shocked, confused] What!

Lucky: Yes. [looking at Sweety's confused face] Is that a problem?

Sweety: [gets up, calm but stern] Look Luckyji, I understand your love for your mother, I care for her too, but she cannot stay with us. That is all. [goes upstairs]

Lucky: But why?

He gets the slam of the door as response. Lucky knows why Sweety does not want her mother here. But he has decided. He will bring his mother and she will stay with her family.

Scene 8

Lucky goes to his room and sees Sweety sitting on the bed angry. Lucky slowly walks in and sits on the sofa opposite to her. Lucky looks at her. He has made his decision to bring his mother but he has also decided not to hurt Sweety like he did the previous time when Bebe came. He has to be patient and calm throughout.

Lucky: Sweetyji! I know why you don't want her here. But we can somehow work out.

Sweety: [looks disbelievingly] How can you say that? You know about your mother, how she interferes in everything. Already children are not studying. If she comes, they will close the books and put it in the loft. Luckyji, I respect your decision. But she cannot come now.

Lucky: [patiently] I understand your concern for children's studies. I am concerned too. But she is my mother. She is sick. I have duties towards her. I love her.

Sweety: What about your duties as a father, as a husband. You don't care for us, for the house?

Lucky: [calmly] From where did you get the idea that I don't care for you and children? You guys are my life. I am just telling you that Bebe will stay with us for a while till she becomes fine. I am her only son. Who else will take care of her?

Sweety: [angrily] You have made the decision. Then why are you asking me? Do whatever you want, but don't expect much from me. I have lot of things to do. Take care of you, children, their studies, this house...

Lucky: [losing cool] So for you Bebe will be a burden?

Sweety: [looks at him with anger] Did I say that?

Lucky: [closes his eyes, gains cool] Ok Sweetyji. You need not do anything for Bebe. I will take care of her totally. I will make sure children's studies are not affected also. I will make sure nothing changes in the house. Is it ok?

Sweety: [calms down] But if anything goes wrong, the next minute your Bebe cannot be here. You can take her anywhere, take her back to Amritsar or rent some place here and keep...

Lucky:[cuts her] Nothing wrong will happen.

Lucky takes Sweety's hand. Sweety gets up and leaves. Lucky looks at her sadly.

That's part 2. I am thinking of posting frequently so that I can end it quickly.

Now in the real case. The elderly couple I mentioned(in their 80s and sick) used to live in their own house. But since they were not able to manage they wanted to live with either of their sons. But the sons started fighting with each other as who will take them first. They made an agreement, 6 months one son, next 6 months next son. But after the first 6 months, the second son did not take them and the first son also said his chance is over. The couple was literally standing on the road not knowing where to go. 

PhoenixSnitch49 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Part 1 is mind boggling, impressive. .U have attracted us and will keep attracting to read the next parts. But now i can't read 2 part. I'll read it tomorrow and then give comments! Keep up your good work Shwets!! Really it was mesmerizing!
Shwets1502 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: PhoenixSnitch49

Part 1 is mind boggling, impressive. .U have attracted us and will keep attracting to read the next parts. But now i can't read 2 part. I'll read it tomorrow and then give comments! Keep up your good work Shwets!! Really it was mesmerizing!

Thanks a lot for liking it๐Ÿ˜Š Do read part 2 and share your views.
PhoenixSnitch49 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
O hoy! Great n awesome part 2!! Just read it and found it awsum! Good work Shwets! Awaiting for your next update