BALH 20 year leap - ALL DISCUSSION HERE!! - Page 5

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by aritzia

I just hope they dont show peehu going to college in 20 years leap as she will be 26.
How abt a big fat peeh just like her dad and show priya snd ram coping with her

After the generation leap Pihu and her love interest will be the main leads so obviously she will be beautiful and all  Fat actors cant be main leads except ram😳

I hope Grown Up pihu will be a talented actress like Ram and Sakshi
Edited by ramsakshiroxxx - 11 years ago
no wayss... i cant see balh widout this little peehu,, 20 yrs leap is not done plzzz

Bade Achhe Lagte Hain is poised at a stage where a leap doesn't seem too out of context. But then, will the makers of the show take such a huge gamble in shifting focus from their main protagonists who have been the flesh and blood of the show. Deebashree Mohanty explores

Any serial in a happy space, particularly if it is love story, is fodder for speculation, especially about taking a leap. Now that Priya and Ram Kapoor are finally back together and are "in a happy space", the "now what" question has started assailing the serial Bade Achhe Lagte Hain.

Just settling down to a six-month leap, and nothing much happening on the romantic front either, a 20-year-leap is no longer being considered that of a fertile imagination even though that would mean the end of the Ram-Priya love story as the viewers of this middle-aged romance want to see.

No one directly involved with the show is willing to confirm or deny this at this juncture and those who are willing to talk about it are insisting that even if there will be a leap, it is not going to happen at least in the next month-and-a-half, the episodes of which are already in the can.

As for the show's producer Ekta Kapoor, she is busy establishing her nayikas for now. "Uff... now what?" is how she reacted to our query on whether BALH is actually in for a leap as rumoured. She has been bombarded with queries on the show ever since BALH made a grand entry and swept the TRPs much to the benefit of Sony Entertainment. The channel was then desperate for a flagship show and Balaji Telefilms came to its rescue. As always.

"The concept of BALH had been with me for a very long time but we were not finding the right platform. When Sony was eager to take it up, I was on seventh heaven. I had my doubts when we introduced the show but I am happy with the way the show has been received. But I think people are getting a little swayed by the show. I have promised that this is going to be a love story and I will not deviate from that. But to sustain a daily soap, we have to explore angles. Not all may agree to our changes but they have to be made," Kapoor says.

But is the leap for real?

Everyone in the BALH camp is jittery answering this question. 'Has Ekta affirmed the leap?' is the refrain from channel heads and PRs handling the BALH account on Sony.

"This is absurd. We don't know how the leap rumour has been circulated but it is not true. We are only just beginning to settle down with this six-month leap situation. There is no scene of any leap now," Akansha, the Mumbai-based PR handling the Sony account, says. When you push her to reveal more, she just says "ask the protagonists, if you have to."

But Ram Kapoor is busy shooting for an ad campaign in Las Vegas and Sakshi rubbishes the leap as soon as you ask her about it. "Ram is in Vegas for a shoot and will be back in town only next week. For BALH, he shoots 20 episodes or so in advance. So his quota is done till mid April," his agent Rajeev Kumar says.

So, if you were hoping for an immediate leap effective next week, it is not going to be the case. On her part, Tanwar feels that nothing can be said for certain on the Indian telly but a 20-year leap ka 'sawwal hi paida nahin hota'. "It's not been too long that the leap happened on the show. We are trying to get used to the changes. There are no plans as such but who knows what twist can happen?," is all Tanwar is willing to say.

So, can we expect Pihu to be all grown up and the show to suddenly focus on her? According to Ravindra Gautam, the show's creative head, the focus will always be on Ram and Priya. They are and will remain the mainstay of the show.

But there is one person who is enjoying all the attention she is getting at the moment. Young Pihu (played by Amrita Mukherjee) only shoots on weekends for a heap of episodes and her mother Mrinomoyee feels her character is going to be there for some time.

"Amrita shoots only on Fridays to Sundays. She has already wrapped up shoots for 15 episodes which is good enough for a month. We have not been given any intimation about a leap but personally, I don't think there is a leap happening any time soon. The last time it took a six-month leap, we were duly informed," she adds.

But will this leap affect the show? "If the leap does happen two things are sure to change. One, the story focus will shift from Ram and Priya to second generation leads. Then there will be fresh characters introduced to make the show newer. Both ways, it will take time for the show to re-gain its feet. It will be a challenge but Ekta is a planner and she does a lot of research before going into anything. Let's hope she has got this sorted out," Arun Jaiswal, founder of televisiondecode.in, says.

The artcile is so confusing😕

Though i am happy that they acknowledge the fact that ram priya are the flesh and blood of the show i totally agree its not a women oriented or male centred show its a lmiddle age love story 
Either of the character makes an exit thats the end of the show 

post deleted
Edited by -purnima- - 11 years ago
With Priya's BC scare track EK wanted to give message of social awareness about BC, we got a best track of BLAH. If she would show Priya's pregnancy track and deal with issue of late pregnancy, we would get to see nice track focused on Ram and Priya. EK will get good TRPs. Tfs article Mani.
Please Please, no more leaps now,

Ek saal mein kitne leap.

Sunny Goraya who plays Rishabh- the sweet, calm, polite and soft-spoken brother of Ram Kapoor in Sony Entertainment Television's Bade Achhe Lagte Hain (Balaji Telefilms) has the same amiable personality in real life too.

Despite his broken hand being in plaster, Sunny is continuing to sincerely shoot for Bade Achhe Lagte Hain. He informed us that his show wasn't going for a 20 year leap contrary to what had been reported by another publication.

He asserted that his romantic link up with Malaysian-Burmese actor Laila N Khan was just a rumour. He maintained that they are simply good friends.

Sunny took telephonic interviews of two of his co-actresses Amreen Chakkiwala and Akanksha Juneja, who play Saumya Kapoor (Sunny's on screen wife) and Ayesha Ram Kapoor respectively in Bade Achhe Lagte Hain. We will upload those interviews soon on our portal.

Tfs article. He means leap is cancelled? When I see this leap rumor...it feels ashwin track will be better than leap.Let's see how much RaYa will comprmise? In their struggle...ashwin track is maybe just part of it.