-Will Sanaya be able to do what Aamna cudn't-

-purnima- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Will Sanaya be able to do what Aamna could not do for Sony TV – get TRPs

Posted on March 6, 2013 by Ridha

[To set reminder and check TV schedule of new show Modern Bahu click here..]

I was having my evening tea when I first saw her. She was looking charming in her new modern avatar making rangoli with a stencil. All they said was "Jald aa rahi hain Chanchan" and my heart started singing "Aaj mausam hain suhana, Khushi se dobara milne ka hai bahana…….what the …what the …what the…"

Sanaya Irani began her acting career in 2006 as Bobo in the movie Fanaa. She made her television debut as Sameera in SAB TV' show Left Right Left and then went on to portray negative role in Imagine TV' Radhaa Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi. Her first role as a protagonist came in Star One' Miley Jab Hum Tum as a simple, studious and reclusive Gunjan. She gained enormous popularity by portraying role of Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada in Star Plus' one of the most successful shows till date Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon.

It was a disheartening moment for all her fans when her show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon with Arnav Singh Raizada (Barun Sobti) was abruptly pulled off the air. The fans were and are still filling petitions with the channel Star Plus to announce season 2 for the show or bring them together in some new show as they want to see more of Arshi (Barun and Sanaya) together. Post Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, though Barun is yet to be sighted on television, we got to see Sanaya on Life OK' reality show Welcome-Bazzi Mehman Nawazi Ki and Zee TV' Valentine Day special Ishq Wala Love.

And now hey … It's party time for all her fans. For the adorable, lively, chirpy Khushi is all set to entertain us once again but this time as Chanchan in her new show from Optimystix Production's tentatively titled as Modern Bahu. The show is supposed to go on air from 25th March 2013 on Sony TV.

Two teaser of the show are already out and looks like Chanchan will be a refined version of Khushi– same bubbliness, vivaciousness and loudness. Only difference that we could make out is, she looks more confident, peppier and haughtier in her modern look. She is looking radiant in her indo-western outfit with hair flowing loose.

To make way for this most popular TV actress of recent times, we have to bid farewell to another most popular TV actress of yesteryears – Aamna Sharif. Aamna debuted on television with Kahin To Hoga where she played the protagonist. The show was a sensation and is one of the most successful shows in the history of Star Plus, ranking at number 5 on Star Plus' top 10 shows of all time. Like her co-star Rajeev Khandelwal, Aamna too ventured into Bollywood to test her stars but her stint was short lived.

She made a comeback on television after 5 years with Sony TV' show Hongey Judaa Naa Hum. The concept of the show was unique love story of a young married couple, who rediscover love post an accident that erased their memories. It had a mind-blowing cast including Raqesh Vashisht and Aamir Ali. However this much hyped project of Shri Adhakari Brothers could never live up to viewer's expectations and register TRPs. And in not more than 7 months of its run it is all ready to bid adieu to Sony TV aakhir judaa ho gaye hum.

Expectations – Post launching Dil Ke Nazar Se-Khoobsurat, Sony TV is set to launch a show based on the movie with same title (what a coincidence).

The show promises to instill the charm of the old classic movie with array of talented actors. This being Sanaya's come back show, and post phenomenal success of her last show and character Khushi, high benchmark is already set for the show.

This is what happened with Aamna as well, the audiences had huge expectations from her comeback show but, week content could not save the show for her. What will be Sanaya's fate?

Will comeback of another talented actress save the face for Sony TV? Will Varun-Sanaya become a pair as iconic as Barun-Sanaya (Barun, Varun – yet another coincidence)? It is also to be seen if Chanchan turns out to be any different from Khushi. To find this, all we need to do is to just keep ourselves tuned in. And don't forget to tell us your Views, Reviews, Comments and Suggestions on Twitter-idubba and set reminders for your favorite shows on idubba app..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nostalgia-02 thumbnail
The CV's are responsible for the TRPs not Aamna, the article writers need to stop having a dig at Aamna, stupid idiots!! 
-SMay31- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i dono y the hell Media Ppl making it Aamna Vs Sanaya, the fact is tht Aamna chooses a wrong project nd HJNH was not worth watching...nd If Modern Bahu will turn out good nd interesting show than m sure it will do miracles for Sony... now i jst hope Aamna takes a short brk nd cum back wid a bang in a Strong role ...enuf of her stupid fairy tale roles...c'mon lady use ur brains 😡 Edited by -SMay31- - 11 years ago
kamalini123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
ha ha 
 This is called cheap journalism .

There is no comparison between Aamna and Sanaya

The TRP and success of a TV show do not depend only on Heroine of that serial, it is a team work. 
How can  a TV journalist make such  a foolish  comments! Such a bogus article!

kamalini123 thumbnail
ha ha ha  🤣
 Aamna is not a heroine of yesteryears. 
  There is hardly any age difference between Aamna and Sanaya. 
Sanaya is 29; pretty grown up and over  the hill as it is...
starsanjana thumbnail
how can they even think of comparing aamna and sanyana...i love them both and they are perfect in their own ways...aamna will comeback with a superhit i am sure
kamalini123 thumbnail
Originally posted by: starsanjana

how can they even think of comparing aamna and sanyana...i love them both and they are perfect in their own ways...aamna will comeback with a superhit i am sure

you are sooo right.
 I do not hav any problem with Sanaya either, 
 The article is  just a total garbage.

And I am sure Aamna will  be back with another hit very soon.
 Anyway, I am still enjoying Hongey Juda na Hum
Mogwai thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Ok now, the journos need to stop doing this. Ever since Sanaya's new show has been announced these so called journalists have been churning out stupid articles in which Aamna is being picked on in some way or the other. It's not her fault that the show didn't do well. There are many factors that determine the success or failure of a show. Pinning blame on lead actress is rather unfortunate.

Sanaya is a gorgeous woman but come on! Aamna too is a star in her own right. She STILL has a fan following despite being away from the small screen for all this time. She still has fans that adore her. I just wish the journalists would keep that in mind before they start bigging up one actress and picking on another. Success and failure are part and parcel of show business. There's no guarantee!
Edited by Zinnia.TaaRey - 11 years ago
Remsi thumbnail
Wow! They are so gud in adding tadka
FIZK6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
No one not Amna or anyone else is to be blamed but the production house. They could have made it work and they didnt know what they were doing from day one.

And Sony is doing exactly the same with Modern Bahu as they did with HJNH. Over hyping it. There is still no male lead and the show is set to hit the screens on 25th March. Isnt this rather premature? Nothing against Sanaya, i like her and i hope the show does well for her and  everyone concerned.

Sony doesnt know how to launch a show. Even now they launched Khoobsurat on the same day and time as SC on SP. Knowing fully well SP is a bigger platform and its a  SLB show which was also being hyped alot. They could have adjusted their programming schedule like Life Ok does and made sure their new show is not starting with tough competition.

Even now the PH  has turned HJNH into a family politics show. What was the point of asking the viewers what they think should happen when they dont pay any heed to it.

And the journalists are having a field day with all this.