Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

eljay thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Hi Sue and Caryn and Roja!  Yes, I disappeared for a while, I went to India, spent a few months trying to chase my Dad's pension, didn't succeed, so finally came back empty handed!  But it has given me an excuse to visit India again, so I am hoping to go there again this winter (and maybe escape winter again!).  It was nice to be in a bearably warm Chennai and leave before it became hot and miserable again.  I hear the power cuts have increased and temperatures are soaring skywards, along with the prices.  I couldn't believe how fast money seems to vanish these days.  In any case, it is good to be back home again, and home is definitely where the heart is.  And it is so good to be touching base with one's friends again.  Edited by eljay - 10 years ago
hopper_ocean thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Giri good .. love your style on writing. Keep writing more. Am gona make this topic sticky and you can update them when ever you are free. ðŸ˜ƒ
rojapoooo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Welcome back Eljay - good to see you here. India? Pray why you did not give me a call?? You misplaced my number like how I did yours? When are you back here? You have a home here in Bangalore with us , ok? 
Caryn thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sue Nair

Yes Eljay...she really has the flair for writing. I like it actually..!!.😃

aiii... Sue is back too.  So how is  your new role getting along. 😉
girivanam thumbnail
Originally posted by: eljay

Very nice story, Giri!  I came here today after what seems like ages and found this story.  You really have a talent for writing.  

Thank you Eljay and welcome back😊. 

Originally posted by: eljay

I still remember your stories about ACD and ? (what was her name?) from Anandam, and how they would have in splits.

You forgot Priya... Priya kutti??? ðŸ˜² ðŸ˜† 

girivanam thumbnail
Originally posted by: rojapooo

Good one Giri - finally made it here. Phew, talk about time management - Roja used to be a pro and now she is a novice !!! Hmm, loneliness could be considered a disease, eh? And ways of God - to give you what you deserve ..Hats off God, you are the best. 

Thank you Roja akka. How is your health?
girivanam thumbnail
Thanks for making this topic sticky once again hopper-ocean. Last time when I changed the title of the topic, it became non sticky ( I had forgotten about this problem, giri becoming ancient 😃 )
girivanam thumbnail
Welcome back Sue. It is so nice to see many of the old Anandham members back here 😊 
eljay thumbnail
Originally posted by: rojapooo

Welcome back Eljay - good to see you here. India? Pray why you did not give me a call?? You misplaced my number like how I did yours? When are you back here? You have a home here in Bangalore with us , ok? 

Yes, Roja, I couldn't find your number and I didn't have the courage to call the timber merchant to find out!  He would probably have come after me with a broomstick if I had called him, and I just didn't have the energy to run all the way from Teynampet to Mandaveli or even to Gemini Circle.  I am hoping to go over again this November or December and will definitely get your number before leaving for India.  
eljay thumbnail
Originally posted by: giriadimai

Welcome back Sue. It is so nice to see many of the old Anandham members back here 😊 

Actually, seeing all of you here is Anandam.  Sue chech, giri, Roja, Caryn, those were good times, weren't they?  I wonder what Bonheur and Hosanna are doing now and where they are.  Where is Atina?  I have to dig her number out and give her a call too.