Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ZAHARA. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Additi and Nandini are very different from each other: Additi Gupta

Additi Gupta makes her comeback to television as Nandini in Zee TV's next, Badalte Rishton Ki Daastaan'

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 | 1:32:52 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   78 Comments  |  18005 Views

Additi Gupta who was last seen as Pihu in Zee TV's Sanjog Se Bani Sangini is all set to be seen in a different role in Ravi Ojha's forthcoming show Badlate Rishton Ki Dastan. The actress will be seen essaying the character of a very simple girl Nandini who becomes a widow because destiny had different plans for her. 

Tellybuzz spoke to Additi to know more about her character, the bond she shares with her co-stars and much more.

Talking about her character, Additi stated, "Nandini is a very simple girl, with a pure heart with no jealous intentions. She has an inquisitive mind which makes her find answers. She is very strong but not a career oriented girl and family is her priority.  She has lost her husband and is trying to find happiness in the family. I am really happy and feel lucky that Zee has given me a chance to do something different once again."

Speaking about her look, she further added, "I will be wearing a white saree and no jewellery and less make up. It becomes easier for me and I am really happy wearing white sarees. If I won't try out something new, then it will become really boring for me. I have played a character of a 20 year old bubbly girl and now I want to experiment with something challenging and  I feel lucky about bagging this serious drama." 

The actors recently shot at some different locations like Rishikesh and Dhanaulti amongst others. When we asked her about the experience of this outdoor shoot, Additi replied, "It was fun shooting there but a little tiring too. I got to see a lot of nice places there. We were shooting in 8 degrees and it was snowing all around. I was given deep cut blouses to wear and I wasn't allowed to wear sweaters (laughs). I had to manage somehow."

So, was it easy for her to play this character, "It was difficult for me to get myself into the character, but our director Rakesh Kumar is brilliant and working very hard on the show. Additi and Nandini are very different. I don't actually know how a widow feels when she goes through that phase. I am just following his directions. It is fun working."

"Sanjeeda loves my outfit, however I feel that her costumes are extremely comfortable. So, we keep praising each others looks and outfits (laughs). I know her since a long time and it is good working with her," shares Additi about her relationship with Sanjeeda Shaikh.

Anwesha Kama
l

Edited by ZAHARA. - 11 years ago
ZAHARA. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Abhinav Shukla is a cameo, main lead still under wraps.

Zee's upcoming show Badaltey Rishton ki Daastan which stars Kiran Karmarkar, Sanjeeda Shaikh and Additi Gupta in major roles still not decided on the male main lead.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 | 12:35:12 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums / TellyBuzz  |   22 Comments  |  9568 Views

The show which is a remake of the original Bengali hit serial Khela is all about the lives of two contrasting women who unite to fight a highly exploitative and rigid patriarchal household. Abhinav Shukla who plays Annirudh in the serial is Additi's husband says that he is just playing a cameo, "You can say that it is an extended cameo as I am around for only couple of episodes." Ask him why he then accepted the show and he says, "I liked the character and the story when it was narrated to me. And till I am waiting for the elusive main lead I thought of doing this."

However, he doesn't think that the role will get extended further, "I play a dead character Annirudh who is shown as dead and comes back in flashback scenes so I don't see how it will get extended."

Confirming the same is Mitali Bhattacharya, the producer who says, "Yes, there will be another entry of a male character and we have still not decided on who will play the role. We have adapted the original Bengali hit serial Khela but we will be making changes as per the taste of the Hindi audience."

Seema Khot Matto
o

ALUJNA21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Recreating magic of Khela with Badalte Rishton

Recreating magic of Khela with Badalte Rishton
Badalte Rishton Ki Dastan

Zee TV, India's leading Hindi General Entertainment channel is coming soon with yet another gripping saga 'Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan'.

The show is a remake of the hit Bengali show, 'Khela' (Game) which was on air on Zee Bangla about a decade back. The show had seen overwhelming success and was the No 1 show across all Bangla GECs. It is remembered even today in Bengali households for its gripping narrative and brilliant characterization.

The makers of the show are now back on Zee TV to recreate the magic of 'Khela' for the Hindi GEC viewers in the form of 'Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan'. Premiering on March 18th, the show will air every Monday to Friday at 10PM. Produced by Ravi Ojha Production Enterprises, the story traces the lives of two contrasting women who unite to fight a highly exploitative and extremely rigid patriarchal household. It will bring two of Indian television's most adored faces on-screen together for the very first time, Sanjeeda Sheikh and Additi Gupta. Playing the role of the formidable patriarch is the versatile actor, Kiran Karmarkar.

The vivacious and beautiful Sanjeeda Sheikh will be seen in a very bohemian avatar as Meera. Meera is a free spirited independent girl who lives an idyllic life in the picturesque valley of Shimla. Nandini is duty-bound wife who is coping with the biggest loss and the biggest lie of her life. The gorgeous Additi Gupta will be playing the role of Nandini. Balraj, the man who will wreck havoc in the lives of these two women and will go to any lengths for a male heir will be essayed by the very talented Kiran Karmarkar. Abhinav Shukla will play the male lead, Annirudh. The show will also see Mona Ambegaonkar as the very affectionate and caring & the head of the household, Biji along with Tanushree Kaushal, Abhaas Mehta and Chaitanya Chowdhry in pivotal roles. The story traces the journey of Meera and Nandini who come together in the face of adversity to fight against a greater adversary thus making 'Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan' a story of one woman standing up for another... where love and unity triumph against evil!

At the launch, Mr. Ajay Bhalwankar, ZEEL, Content Head (Hindi GECs), said, "There's nothing more fragile in this world today than relationships. The course of one's entire life is defined by the relationships one enjoys or is forced to endure due to circumstances. We are happy to present 'Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan', a show that will offer fresh insights into the dynamics of a relationship that one woman will forge with another when a tragic blow of destiny will compel them to cross paths with each other. It is a complete pot-boiler which is very pulp fiction like in terms of its treatment. The viewers will see a family set-up that has never been portrayed on Indian television before."

"For the very first time, the saas or the mother-in-law who is the well established villain in every GEC show will take a backseat and the father-in-law will be the monster in disguise. The show will be high on drama, intensity and intrigue. It's a mature show that will surely grip the viewers from the very first episode. It is producer Mitali Bhattacharya's first with us and we have a very impressive star cast. The show had created ripples in West Bengal and we hope the adaptation in Hindi does the same for us. We have also done an extensive outdoor shoot for the show in places like Delhi, Dhanaulti and Rishikesh. We hope the audiences love this show as much as they have appreciated our other shows," he adds.

Said Mitali Bhattacharya, the Producer of the show "'Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan' does not follow the usual drama where a woman is a woman's worst enemy. Nandini and Meera, the two protagonist of the show realise that they are both victims. They join hands and fight against a bigger enemy- a ruthless patriarch. It is his ruthlessness and domination that attempts to make puppets of all the members of his family...and the way they accept or rebel makes 'Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan' more of a family saga. This family is a family full of secrets, intrigue and deceit. This show is going to be bold and dramatic and sweeping in its story telling thus making it a story of women power."

The channel has lined up an extensive marketing plan to promote this prime time property which includes print, television, cable and DTH. Interesting innovations have been lined up in the print medium with some leading newspapers. The promos of the show will be played extensively during the release of the much awaited movie, 'Himmatwala' in single screens and multiplexes.

Excited about her role as Meera, Sanjeeda said, "It's an awesome role and I thank Zee TV for selecting me to play it. 'Badalte Rishton ki Daastan' has enough masala to keep the audiences hooked from day one. Meera is an independent and strong willed girl who lives life on her own terms. She is madly in love with the man of her dreams and imagines her future with him. She is an impulsive, vibrant, charming woman of today who stands strong in the wake of adversity."

Playing the role of a meek, demure and dutiful wife, Nandini, Additi said, "This is my comeback on Zee TV after Sanjog Se Bani Sangini. I'll be shown submissive at the outset but one who has a tremendous strength of character. For the first time my fans will see me in a de-glam look sans heavy make-up, jewelry or costume. The role is a challenge for me as I haven't played anything like this before. My character's strength and quiet resilience is what appealed to me. My co-stars are amazing and we are hoping that audiences will like our work in this show!"

Kiran Karmarkar says with a quiet chuckle, "I play a deadly character called Balraj in the show. He is a scheming, conniving, opportunistic, cunning and a spiteful man. He can go to any lengths to achieve his ends. My mission will be accomplished the day I start receiving numerous hate mails from the viewers saying how much they hate Balraj!!!"

'Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan' is also a story of binding relationships, strong family ties and the friendship between two women who are very different from each other. But what happens when you come to know that the man you loved had a whole secret life you knew nothing about? What shatters Meera's idyllic life? What is the lie that destroys Nandini's faith and belief? Can Nandini and Meera trust Balraj? What is Balraj's game plan? Why is a male heir so important to him?

Don't forget to tune into this intriguing tale of love, romance, revenge, hope, despair, dreams and disillusionment. Coming on your television screens from March 18th, Monday to Friday, 10 PM only on Zee TV!
Goldstar7 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I am very happy playing a widow and donning a white sari: Additi Gupta

Make font size defaultMake font size larger
Additi Gupta

Additi Gupta, who rose to fame with Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil, is back on the small screen, but this time she will be seen in a different avatar of a widow in Zee TV's Badalte Rishton Ki Dastaan (Ravi Ojha Productions).

In a conversation with Tellychakkar.com, she talks about her character and more…,

"Nandini is pure and simple; she is not the jealous kind of a person but has certain questions on her mind that she wants to solve. Though Nandini is a very strong woman, yet she wants a simple life and finds happiness in everything around her," avers Additi while describing her character in Dastaan.

Since, the actress will be seen as a widow in the story, we asked her if she was open to playing a widow this early in career, to which she replies, "I am very happy wearing a white sari. It's fun to go with minimum make-up on the sets. And I am glad that I've got to play something new on-screen."

So, do we see her crying all the time? "Yes, initially you will see her crying most of the times as she has lost her husband. But, as a person, she will find happiness."

Usually actors get typecast in the television industry, but Additi gets to play a positive character after having played a negative character in Zee TV's Sangini. The actress too finds herself lucky as she states, "It's very rare when people think that you can play a different role when you've played a negative character. However, Zee TV gave me a chance to play a positive role in this show after having played a negative one earlier. I am sure that they must have done their research on before casting me and I feel so lucky about it."

Both Sanjeeda Sheikh and Additi play the leads in the show. Hence, when asked if she is insecure about this, she observes, "I am very happy; in fact, since there are two leads, the dates will be divided and we will get to take a leave or two (laughs). Apart from that, Sanjeeda and I have known each other for a while and we gel really well; so, it's fun shooting with her."

Sanjeeda has a very easy going look in the show. So, don't you ever wish that you were offered the character that Sanjeeda plays? "Whenever we see each other, we want to be like the other person. Sanjeeda always tells me that she wishes that she would get to wear white sari like me. And I find it cool to be just roaming on the sets in denims and a top which is Sanjeeda's look."

The actress has also shot in different locations for her upcoming project.

Therefore, when we asked her about her outdoor experience, she said, "It was fun shooting outdoor as I got to see some nice places. We also went to some cold places (Rishikesh) where they asked me to wear deep cut blouses without any sweater. So I was shivering but I think that's what looks good on screen. Overall, it was great fun."

Was it difficult for you to mould yourself in this character? "My director (Rakesh Kumar) is a brilliant man. If someone likes and remembers this character after it goes on-air, it has to be because of him. I am very different from Nandini, so the only person who understands her is my director. I have never experienced what Nandini is going through in her life, hence to enact what a widow feels like is not easy for me. I have no idea about it but my director definitely knows about it and I am doing exactly what he asks me to do."

Lastly, talking about all her co-stars, she says, "It is fantastic working with all of them. Kiran sir (Karmarkar) is a fabulous actor. Earlier, I haven't worked with Monaji (Ambegaonkar), but it is a pleasure to work with her. It is a delight to watch her express on-screen. After watching her act, I sometime wonder that I know nothing about acting. I have a long way to go."

Well, we wish Additi all the best in her new venture.

newt2007 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Abhaas Mehta on his role in Badalte Rishton Ki Dastaan

Ravi Ojha's Badalte Rishton Ki Dastaan is an upcoming Zee TV show based on a Bengali show Khela.

The makers have already roped in big names like Sanjeeda Sheikh, Additi Gupta, Abhaas Mehta, Namrata Thapa, Preeti Mamgain, Rishi Khurana, Mona Ambegaonkar, Kiran Karmarkar, Abhinav Shukla and Vijay Raaz as the cast.

To get into further details, we got in touch with Abhaas Mehta, who was loved by the masses for his baddy avatar in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon. "Badalte Rishton ki Dastaan has a compelling storyline and a very gripping narrative. The name of my character is Agasthya that will not be positive or negative, on the contrary he will be a neutral character. Since Agasthya has lost his father at very young age, his uncle Kiran Karmarkar has brought him up. And on his part, Agasthya idealizes and respects his uncle a lot. Talking about my look, it will be western casual and will have a bit of stubble," the actor avers.

"The story won't revolve around the leads but it will focus on all the characters. There will be romance and drama but every single character will have dark secret which will keep the audiences hooked from day one. The project has all the known faces and there are no new comers. I have lot of expectation from the show and I am confident that viewers will like it," he adds.

"I feel that since my fans have loved me as Shyam, I hope they will also like me as Agasthya," he concludes.

Here's wishing Abhaas all the very best!!

Edited by newt2007 - 11 years ago
newt2007 thumbnail
After Madhubala, Umeish Yamgaar 'strikes gold' by bringing back Sanjeeda Sheikh and Additi Gupta to television in Badalte Rishton Ki Dastaan...

Umeish Yamgaar, the Casting Consultant of Nautanki Telefilms' very popular show on Colors, Madhubala Ek Ishq Ek Junoon was 'on the spot' when he cast Vivian Dsena as the unpredictable RK and Drashti Dhami as Madhu. And now, Umeish spearheads the responsibility of casting for Ravi Ojha Productions' most-awaited family drama 'Badalte Rishton Ki Dastaan' for Zee TV.

As we know, he has brought in two of the most beautiful actresses Sanjeeda Sheikh and Additi Guptaas the lead faces in the show. So what's it that Umeish found in these two talented girls? We went on to ask him..

Umeish with a confident streak on his face told us, "The moment I got a brief about the lead roles, the names of Sanjeeda and Additi came as a spark. Sanjeeda's character required a very pretty girl with spunk, and Sanjeeda was the best choice. Sanjeeda was impressed with the character the moment I sat for a narration with her and she readily agreed to be part of the show."

"As for Additi, she felt that she only did negative on Zee TV, but again she was perfect for the role. I convinced Additi to take up the role as I had the faith that she can be a perfect positive again," averred Umeish.

So how do Sanjeeda and Additi feel being part of the Ravi Ojha show? We went ahead to ask them.

Sanjeeda told us, "Umeish is a very good friend and his choices are always the best. He has a knack to choose the right talent. I believe, he will grow big and go places in the near future. When we met, he told me that I was the perfect description of the character, and I too found it convincing. I am very happy to be part of this Ravi Ojha show. We have great expectations towards the show and are working very hard."

Additi Gupta too echoed the same sentiments saying, "Umeish is a good soul and he knows his job perfectly. Instead of bringing in 200 people to audition for a said role, he knows to zero down to the best face and then call the person for a talk and audition."

We then asked Umeish as to what he exactly foresees in an actor when he is described the role, and he told us, "For instance, when I was casting Aarti Puri for Trishna's role in Madhubala, I figured that the narration of Trishna matches the real Aarti to the core. I knew her personally and Aarti fit the bill of being a good dancer as well as a good actress. I was very sure that she will do her best in the role of Trishna. Same was the case with Seema Mishra. She had worked with me earlier, and I knew that Seema was an actress who can redefine a negative character on TV, and has everything in her to carry out the role of Dipali."

Aarti Puri believes that Casting Directors and Consultants have not got their due in India, and that Umeish has it in him to go 'international'. She said, "He has an amazing sense to grab the right talent. I know him personally and have a great rapport with him."

Seema expressed her views on 'right casting' being the stepping stone to success in television saying, "Umeish is very good at his work. And not all know that efforts that one has to put to bring in the right casting."

Madhubala has really clicked with viewers, and every character in the show has been well-accepted by the audience. It is now to be seen whether Sanjeeda, Additi and of course, the entire ensemble cast of Badalte Rishton Ki Dastaan can live up to the expectations and carry out their roles to the fullest..

All the best to the entire team of Badalte Rishton Ki Dastaan..

Edited by newt2007 - 11 years ago
newt2007 thumbnail

Sanjeeda on her role in Badalte Rishton Ki...

The gorgeous Sanjeeda Sheikh will soon be seen in a new role as one of female protagonists in Zee TV's soon to launch big ticket family drama 'BadalteRishtonki Daastan.'

Sanjeeda, excited on signing up for Ravi Ojha's upcoming drama series, says, "It's an awesome role and I thank Zee TV for selecting me to play this role. 'Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan' has a compelling storyline and a very gripping narrative. The story has enough masala to keep the audiences hooked from day one. The name of my character is Meera...she is an independent and strong willed girl who lives life on her own terms. She is madly in love with the man of her dreams and imagines her future with him. She is an impulsive, vibrant, charming woman of today who stands strong in the wake of adversity."

Coming this March on Zee TV, 'Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan' will be shot extensively in the beautiful locations of Delhi, Rishikesh and Dhanaulti. Sanjeeda adds, "We have already started shooting for the show in Mumbai and will soon be off to the beautiful terrains of Dhanaulti and Rishikesh for an extensive outdoor shoot." Quiz her on who is the lucky male actor starring opposite her and she quips with a wink, "The hero of my show is still a mystery to me. The channel and the production house are still figuring out who will be suitable enough to become Meera's dream man.."

We wish Sanjeeda all the very best on her new role. Get ready for coming up soon on Zee TV, 'Badalte Rishton ki Daastan', a story about two strong women who will unite to fight a highly exploitative and rigid patriarchal system. It aims to cater to viewers who seek to watch non-cliched plots replete with dollops of twists and turns!
kiran_28 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Additi and I are like hero heroine for each other: Sanjeeda Shaikh

Sanjeeda Shaikh in conversation with TellyBuzz about her upcoming show Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan…

Ravi Ojha's much awaited show which will hit your screens from tomorrow is going to mark the comeback of the beautiful Sanjeeda Shaikh after Sahara One's Piya Ka Ghar Pyara Lage. The actress will be seen essaying the character of Meera in the show who is in search of something. We spoke to Sanjeeda about her character in the show, her career and much more.  

When asked about the character and the reason for taking up the show, Sanjeeda says, "Meera looks sensible but she is not. She is a very soft hearted, emotional and a little bit insecure girl. In fact, she actually comes in search of something. I am really liking my new look because it feels as if I am coming from my home directly in the same clothes. At this stage of my career, it is important for me to work with good people and this is a character which I have never played before. I have heard a lot about Ravi Ojha Productions who made a brilliant show like Sasural Genda Phool and I am extremely happy to work with such a brilliant maker. The character sounded very interesting, the channel is good and the production is outstanding. This is all what lead me to take up the show. Another reason why I took up the show was that, I was working for Sahara since the past 2 years and they have been very good and  respected me. I loved working with them. I used to shoot only for 15 days and the rest of the time was for my family. Now I thought it is time for me to do some hard work and no one gets such opportunities again and again".

She further added, "I think I was destined to do the show and being a positive girl, I love working in a positive atmosphere with positive people. I am very happy and proud of myself because whatever I have achieved is due to the hard work that I have myself put in. I think this show will do justice creatively. It's a hard core family drama."

About her buddy relation she shares with Additi, Sanjeeda added, "I have done Zara Nach Ke Dikha with Additi where we were together rehearsing for 4 months. So, I know her very well. I was happy when she was cast for Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan. We are actually like hero-heroine for each other (laughs). We have to do a lot of scenes together. If two actors have a good rapport, then the chemistry will eventually come out very beautifully on-screen."

So, how is it working for the show? Sanjeeda says, "They are working really hard on my wardrobe and I was taken to different brands and selected everything myself. The scenes are very well written and I can feel the pain of Meera. Our director Rakesh Kumar is brilliant. As a director he knows how much effort an actor can put in his/her work. This kind of rapport is very necessary."

Any plans to be a part of movies? "Right now I am very happy doing some great projects on TV. You need to be lucky to get into movies and then hard work follows. It's my dream job to be an assistant director", says Sanjeeda.

Anwesha Kamal
ALUJNA21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Vijay Raaz in Badalte Rishton Ki Dastaan

(Vijay Raaz )

Popular movie actor Vijay Raaz has been roped in as the sutradhar for Zee TV's upcoming big ticket family saga 'Badalte Rishton Ki Dastaan'.

The scrawny actor who has played endearing characters like Dubeyji of Monsoon Wedding, Raghu in Raghu Romeo, Dabloo in Yuva, the poker faced underworld don in Delhi Belly and many more will be seen promoting a TV soap for the very first time.

Said the actor,"I had an amazing time shooting for the promos of the show. The teaser campaign is very interesting and is very different from what one usually sees on television. The concept of the show is very captivating and I hope I'm able to build the required intrigue amongst the viewers through the promos."

'Daastan' as the show will be popularly called is about two strong women who will unite to fight a highly exploitative and extremely rigid patriarchal system in their household. It will aim to cater to viewers who seek to watch non-cliched plots replete with dollops of twists and turns! The show is slated to come on Zee TV sometime next mont