~BRKD Articles Archieves~ - Page 2

ALUJNA21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 11 years ago

Complex but intriguing

Chaya Unnikrishnan

Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan
Zee, Monday – Friday, 10 pm

What is the show about: A patriarchal joint family where the head of the family in the form of Balraj rules with an iron hand. Two women Nandini and Meera unknown to each other are in love with the same guy, Aniruddh who dies after romancing them! One of them Nandini, is his wife and is pregnant. And now Meera has decided to go to Aniruddh's house! Actually, the first episode had so many things happening — drama, romance and rivalry — you would be forgiven if you got confused. But yes, it is intriguing enough to grab your attention.

Visuals: The outdoor locales that are shown in the title track are eye-catching and so is the huge haveli where the family resides. It keeps moving from haveli to the streets in Delhi and other locales at a fast pace. The makers have gone all out to up the scale of the show, which is welcome.

Characters: A combination of veterans and newcomers, the serial has got a good mix. Kiran Karmarkar makes a strong presence as the dictatorial Balraj, Mona Ambegaonkar is unrecognisable as the beeji but she seems to be the only one who can influence Balraj. One has to wait and watch how Additi Gupta as the pregnant widow tackles this complex role while Sanjeeda Sheikh is right now just eye-candy. Her character is yet to be established.

Way forward: The story has several plots. And unless they unravel in a clear and interesting manner, it could get lost.

—Chaya Unnikrishnan

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ALUJNA21 thumbnail

The complete baddie

Kshama Rao

Kiran Karmarkar doesn't quite understand why his negative turn in Prakash Jha's Raajneeti didn't translate into more roles in Bollywood. But television certainly seems to have taken a shine to his villainous streak as he landed two back-to-back roles that spell bad. While he's done with his character of the wicked, kohl-lined Tej Singh in Uttaran he will be seen as Balraj Asthana in Zee's Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan. "I am completely enjoying it. I have taken off the kohl and kept just the beard," he says, running his hand across his face. A suited-booted businessman, Asthana is one who wreaks havoc in the lives of his own family. "His aim is clear. He wants all his property for himself and he won't stand anyone coming in his way. He won't think twice before playing with people's lives," he says, about his character. Ask him why his rascal cop act in Raajneeti didn't fetch him more roles and he shrugs his shoulders, "I was appreciated for my two scenes; people seemed to notice me but I don't know why nothing more happened." 

Is finding roles even in TV getting more difficult? "Yes, it is because ratings are important and there are only a handful of actors who can deliver and just about a few roles that are meaty too. So it becomes difficult to always get the right fit."

Recently, Sakshi Tanwar, his co-star of Kahani Ghar Ghar Kii had talked about how blessed she is to have got an equally good role in Bade Achhe Lagte Hain. "Well, we all want to do good roles and successful shows but I can assure you in the last two years I must have turned down at least 50 roles (Raj Zutshi's in Madhubala was one). Success or failure is secondary, I am content with whatever I have got so far." 
—Kshama Rao

Published Date:  Mar 18, 2013

ALUJNA21 thumbnail

Nothing's wrong between Ekta and me: Additi

Nothing's wrong between Ekta and me: Additi

Lone ranger
Additi Gupta, who rose to fame as Heer Mann of 'Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil', was in the city recently for the promotion of her serial, 'Badalte Rishton Ki Dastan'. Additi might have been in the television industry for long, but she doesn't have many friends there. She rues about her inability to make friends. "I don't make friends easily. But that doesn't mean I am a bad person. I talk to everybody on the sets," she says, adding, "The reason for my inability to make friends is because my dad was in a transferable job. So, every time he got transferred, I had to leave my old friends and make new ones. After a point I stopped putting effort in making friends and has stayed with me. For me, the concept of a best friend doesn't exist. My mother is my best friend."

All's well
Additi's chemistry with Harshad Gupta was so talked about that when their show, Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil went off air, their fans spammed producer Ekta Kapoor's mail box and hounded her on social networking websites. Fed up with all this, Ekta announced that she will never cast both actors again. To this Additi says, "Yes, she said she would not like to cast me and Harshad again but that was to stop people from messaging her. I know Ekta personally and nothing is wrong between us. Everything is cool. We will definitely work together again. If Ekta thinks you are meant for a role, she will surely cast you, irrespective of what has happened in the past."

Saas- bahu shows? No way!
Despite her association with Ekta and her serials, Additi never intended to work with Ekta's production house. "I was in the first year of college when Ekta's team came to our campus for auditions. At that time, Ekta used to make saas-bahu serials and at that age, I didn't want to do such roles. It was only after my friends' persuasion, that I gave the auditions," she says. And what made her say yes to the role, we wonder? "I was pursuing fashion designing at that time. I said yes as I thought that the money I will earn in one month from my boutique, I can make the same amount in 3-4 days of the shooting. And later, I can utilize the fame to run my boutique." she laughs.

Man oh man!
Of her future plans, Additi is very clear she doesn't want to marry a guy from the same industry. "I feel ladko mein insecurity nahi honi chahiye. Par ladko ko iss industry mein bahut saari insecurities hoti hain. Aap aaj kaam kar rahein hain, kal nahi. I don't want that hassle in life. On the other hand, if you choose to marry a guy from the corporate sector, then there is a stability in life," she opines.
ALUJNA21 thumbnail

Have no time to struggle for Bollywood: Sanjeeda

Vijaya Tiwari, TNN | Mar 24, 2013, 05.56 PM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
READ MORE Zee Tv|Sushant Singh Rajput|Sanjeeda Sheikh|Baghban|Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan
Have no time to struggle for Bollywood: Sanjeeda
Sanjeeda Sheikh
While a lot of TV actors are making successful transformation from TV to Bollywood, beautiful and talented actress Sanjeeda Sheikh currently seen in Zee TV's, Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan, says she has no time to struggle for Bollywood.

"At this stage of my career I just want to work with good people who respect my work. I am very happy and content as a person and have no time to struggle for films. I am happy with whatever I've achieved in my life and it is all because of my hard work. I am very happy doing great projects and making money on TV. I am proud of myself," said the actress.
Sanjeeda who did a cameo role in Bollywood film Baghban however strongly believes that without a godfather it's difficult to make a career in Bollywood, "I think it's difficult to make a successful career in Bollywood without a godfather but if you have one then rest of the things like destiny and hard work follows. But if you ask me that do I wish to make a career in Bollywood i will say that firstly I've no godfather or godmother in Bollywood and don't have time to struggle. However, the trend is changing and it's nice to see that these days people like Sushant, Ayushmaan are getting work," concludes the actress.
ALUJNA21 thumbnail

I do cry when I get fussy : Aditi gupta

Aditi Gupta shares her good and bad times, speaks up about Ekta Kapoor with Tellybuff.com but refuses to comment on ex co-star Harshad Chopra.

Q.1 What took you so long to be back on television?

A.    I was looking for a good script with which I can work round the clock and now when I have got it, I am all set to go.

Q.2 Your new show began yesterday, what expectations do u have from 'Dastan' ?

A.    I am expecting a lot of people to watch it, actually it's a dicey situation. We have started with tragedy (she meant a tragic beginning ) which is a unique thing for a television show. So yes, it may or may not work in our favour. let's see but all I know is that the show has nice substance ann it is worth watching. 

Q.3 Do you think that now a days channels don't repeat their actors with their next shows? If you agree then why is it so?

A.    I don't think so. I have seen a lot of actors being repeated. For example many of the actors who are seen on screen these days are the one whom I used to watch on TV when I was a teenager. See Kritika Kamra , she is also working with the same crew. She has been re-casted so I guess if you work sincerely no one can stop you.

Q.4 Fans are dying to see Harshad and Aditi together even media also but why you both are not appearing together?

A.      Ammm…well I don't wanna comment on that.

Q.5   How are things between you and Harshad now, are you guys in talking terms?

A.    Again..no comments.

Q.6 Which was the last time when you laughed like heaven and cried like hell?

A.      I laugh like heaven everyday. Its an indispensable part of my life and as long as crying is concerned, yes! I do cry when I get fussy. When things don't happen the way as I want them to be but that doesn't go for so long, I take a little time to be normal and smile again.

Q.7. What if you wake up one day and you find that you have become Ekta Kapoor, what would you do?

A.      She took a lot time to answer this and then replied, Ekta will kill me if I answer this (laughed). First thing that will come in my mind is that how will I work in this biggg house as Ekta's house is too big, i know that's ans stupid answer but yes that's what will come in my mind.

Q.8 One thing in you that you can proudly accept anywhere?

A.   My teeth. I know they are screwed up but I can smile with them anywhere,anytime.

Q.9 You are beautiful, fun loving girl, are you still single or seeing someone?

A.    That's a personal question and i can't answer that.

Q.10 Message to your Fans…

A .     Thank you all for your love and support and appreciation. Keep watching my show and most importantly Love you all.

ALUJNA21 thumbnail

Happy to be back in a positive role: Aditi Gupta

Vijaya Tiwari, TNN | Mar 29, 2013, 08.38 PM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
READ MORE Zee Tv|Sanjog Se Bani Sangini|Kis Desh Mein Hain Tera Dil|Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan
Happy to be back in a positive role: Aditi Gupta
Beautiful and talented Aditi Gupta is back on the small screen after a gap of almost a year with Zee TV's family drama Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan.

The actress who played a vamp Pihu in Zee TV's another love saga Sanjog Se Bani Sangini is extremely kicked to play a positive character on the same channel.

"I feel very lucky because it is very rare. People generally make notions about actors who play negative roles that they will not be able to perform a positive role with same conviction. I am extremely happy that Zee Tv gave me this opportunity despite knowing that the last character I did on Zee was a negative one. I am sure they must be also thinking about the audience's response and whether they will except me or not, but I am sure that they must have done their research. I was a little scared initially but finally everything worked out." said the actress.
Aditi, who rose to fame with Kis Desh Mein Hain Tera Dil says that she always wanted to play a character like this, "I was waiting to do a show like this and I waited for quite a long time for this show. But I feel extremely lucky that thankfully I got to play this character," concludes the actress.
ALUJNA21 thumbnail

Variety important for actors: Sanjeeda Sheikh

I
Variety important for actors: Sanjeeda Sheikh
Sanjeeda Sheikh

She played a fun-loving girl in "Kyaa Hoga Nimmo Kaa", a negative role in "Kayamath" and now Sanjeeda Sheikh is seen as an optimistic Meera in " Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan". She says maintaining variety is important.

"It is very important for actors to maintain a variety in their body of work," Sanjeeda told IANS.

She added: "Being an actor, you have to be versatile, and open to all kinds of roles, be it positive or one with grey shades."

"Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan" went on air on Zee TV in March.

"The character of Meera is unique because she seems optimistic with a smile on her face, but there is something emotionally troubling her. She is sad from within. So, it is very challenging for me as an actor to smile while reflecting the character's pain as well," she said.

Before taking up the new show, Sanjeeda was associated with " Piya Ka Ghar Pyaara Lage", but after working on it for two years, she wanted to move to something "big" and "better".

Married to actor Aamir Ali, Sanjeeda says life is "more beautiful".

Even though they have their busy schedules to take care of, the couple find solace in the fact that they "meet every night" after the day's work gets over.

Having participated in and won reality show " Nach Baliye 3", the husband-wife duo often take to the stage to perform together at various live events, and "it feels great", said Sanjeeda.

ALUJNA21 thumbnail
TNN | Apr 8, 2013, 06.02 PM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
READ MORE Raakhee Bachchan|Kiran Karmarkar|Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan|amitabh bachchan|Additi Gupta
Kiran Karmarkar:Additi and I will be the Raakhee & Amitabh of Television
Kiran-Additi
After having spent so much time working in the industry together, it's very natural for two actors to develop a bonding which probably goes beyond the definition of being just colleagues.

A similar respected equation is shared by the very brilliant Kiran Karmarkar and the talented Additi Gupta who are currently sharing screen space in Zee TV's Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan.

On a recent trip to Nagpur for the show's promotion, Kiran Karmarkar was heard praising Additi who plays his daughter-in-law in the show. "Additi played my daughter in a show we did together earlier and in Daastan, she plays my daughter-in-law I was ragging Additi and told her that one day soon, she and I will be like Raakhee and amitabh bachchan of television. Rakhi is one actress who has played Amitabh Bachchan's lover in Trishool and essayed his mother's role in Kasme Vaade. I keep telling her that very soon she'll be cast as my mother too...," laughs the actor.

Says Additi, "Kiran ji is like an institution. You can learn so much from him. I absolutely adore him as a person and admire him as an actor. He keeps everybody in splits on the sets with his terrific sense of humor. He keeps giving me acting tips all the time. Recently on his advice, I bought a Hindi novel. He says reading in Hindi improves ones vocabulary and helps in mouthing Hindi dialogues better. And I realised he was so right...it wonderful to work with him and every role I've played opposite him has been a learning experience for me!"

Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan is a story of three characters, Meera, Nandini and Balraj whose fates are embroiled in a shared tragedy. Kiran Karmarkar plays the character of Balraj, the patriarch of a family who will go to any lengths for a male heir. His well planned life suddenly comes to an abrupt halt when his only son passes away and his daughter in law (Additi Gupta) suffers a miscarriage. Nandini, played by Additi Gupta is Balraj's daughter in law whose life comes crashing down when she hears about her husband's untimely demise and learns about his affair with another woman. Meera (played by Sanjeeda Sheikh) is a free spirited independent girl who lives an idyllic life in the picturesque valley of Shimla. She gets the biggest blow of her life when she hears about her beloved's accidental death and subsequent discovery of the fact that he was a happily married man! To add to the woes, she realises soon after that she is pregnant with his child...in the current track one will see the Asthana family showering all the attention on Meera once they come to know that she is bearing Annirudh's child. Nadini feels neglected and let down by the family. Balraj on the other hand is trying to conduct a sex determination test on Meera's unborn child. Will he succeed??

To know more about what happens with Balraj, Meera and Nandini, watch Badalte Rishton ki Daastan, every Mon- Fri at 10 PM, only on Zee TV!
starsanjana thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
         What is Additi Gupta Watching on Small Screen?

Additi Gupta

Which daily soap do you watch?

I watch my show if get time (Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan).

Which channel do you watch frequently?

Star World.

Which is your favorite reality show?

Bigg Boss.

Which is your favorite TV channel?

Star World.

ALUJNA21 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Ragini Khanna grooves to a dance number...

Ragini Khanna will soon be seen grooving to a song number from the movie Talaash in Zee TV's Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan…

Monday, April 29, 2013 | 12:39:33 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   7 Comments  |  439 Views

Ragini Khanna, who is currently hosting India's Best Dramebaaz on Zee TV will soon to be seen in a complete new avatar in Ravi Ojha Productions' Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan.  

According to the ongoing tracks of the show, it's seen that Balraj (Kiran Karmarkar) is happy to know about Meera's (Sanjeeda Shaikh) pregnancy with his son Anniruddh's (Abhinav Shukla) child and he is not letting Meera go away from him even if Nandini (Additi Gupta) is not at all in favor with this. 

Our sources informed us that in the upcoming tracks of the show, the viewers will get to see Ragini grooving on the song Muskaanein Jhoothi Hain from the movie Taalash in the party thrown by Balraj. Balraj will be throwing this party on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of his company. But his main motive behind organising this party will be his hope that Meera is carrying the heir to his khandaan, a baby boy of his son Annirudh.

When contacted Ragini, she confirmed the news saying, "I have shot for a song sequence for Daastan and I have shot for it just yesterday. I only went to shoot for the song because it was Ravi Ojha Proudctions. I was missing them so much that I wanted to work with them so, I went there and shot with them. It was lovely and such a pleasure to shoot with them."

The sequence is expected to be aired on Wednesday.