** SS4 : Week 7 : Mar 18th - Mar 22nd ** - Page 7

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by ~*Thamizhan*~

poornima, vaijeyanthi, parvathy, namitha and shravan didn't perform this week .. maybe next week?πŸ˜•

Yes Thamizhan , why they didnt perform.. even vyjayanthi was sitting with other contestants but her performance too was not shown..πŸ˜• miss these contestants as they are very talented..πŸ˜”
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by bal75

There was reasonable selection today.  I was wondering if they will "send in" Amrita.  Good that they AT LAST sent her out.  She sang the same western song twice in consecutive rounds - still the judges did not say anything πŸ˜².   She could not get ANYTHING RIGHT today.  

Instead of Bharathi, I'd have preferred Shirley gone.  Her first charanam's first half was totally off.  Why did not the judges say ANYTHING about that?  Instead they praised her πŸ˜².  (The order of preference being Bharathi, Prabhu and Shirley).  Prabhu's "Paavadai thaavaniyil" sounded very sad πŸ˜­ but technically okay.

Yesterday, Balaji's "Adho andha paravai"had TOO MUCH DRAGGING.  It was too odd for a fairly simple (compared to others' choices) song but TOTALLY MESSY.  BUT I WAS DISAPPOINTED that Swarag's "ho ho endhan baby" received good comments.  He made it sound it like a "REMIX".πŸ˜†   And the first charanam (the only one that they sing usually !!) was totally off-key.  πŸ€’  BUT HE GOT SELECTED πŸ˜•.  And Rohini's "Unnai naan sandhithen" was quite unpleasant.  SHE was also selected (WHAT IS HAPPENING ??!!) .  My choice for REJECTION - all 3 (just to be fair enough).

DIWAKAR & Sanjay were phenomenal πŸ‘(They & Ganesh Venkat - I expect them to reach the Top-10 at least - IF there is no politics !! πŸ˜‘).  They are consistently very good.

Coming back to today's performances, WHY THE HECK did they waitlist KRISHNAN?  His song "poomudithal indha" was EXCELLENT.  It was a tough song with lot of complexities and variations.  πŸ‘And he executed each part perfectly.  

I do not know why Narayanan chose that song "thillangadi".  He ran out of breath many times.  But he was able to execute other aspects of the song well.   RAMESH's "chinna chinna kannanukku" was AWESOME.πŸ‘   I was NOT surprised at his "sangathi" skills.  He executed it nicely - given his "zero training".  But I was little disappointed when he "sodhappified" "Saandhu pottu" in the folk songs round.  That was not his cup of tea.  And even sad was that he was pitted against Vishnubalan who sang VERY WELL during the waitlist one-vs.-one selection and eventually Vishnubalan had to go.  

Niranjana could have done even better - the only thing was that she gave "too much" expression (totally unnecessary that she made it sound like today's item number to some extent !!).   Soundarya's "Paliginal oru maaligai" was sounding similar to today's item song again.  YOU DO NOT have to sing these songs with TOO MUCH expression - it either sounds like today's item number or like the singer is "drunk" πŸ˜’ - sorry.

GANESH's song was very good EXCEPT that his "thal" endings sounded like "tha" VERY ODD.  And he tried to IMITATE TMS which was again very odd.  I expected more from him - so a bit disappointed.

Poor VISHWANATHAN πŸ˜³.  He was embarassed.  SELF- CONFIDENCE is a good thing and so is self-analysis.  One should know how he or she sings themselves.  Otherwise, there is no point in doing anything and you will be a loser otherwise.  NO NEED FOR singer Soumya to say that.  πŸ˜”.  If he had said that he sang well on stage that day, I could understand her anger.  He just said he did not sing as well as in the practice session or at home.  What's wrong with that ??

WHERE IS PARVATHI, SSJ-2 contestant Nithyasri's sister & that girl who sang "Konjam nilavu" in the challenge round with Ganesh?  These 3 girls were also among the ones I was looking forward to.  WHAT HAPPENED ????

Very nice analysis..πŸ‘πŸΌ