Stop degrading punjabis

dimple_usa thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Programs like Comedy circus make fun of punjabi surinder just coz he has a beard and wears a turban, every time punjabis are mocked as though they r stupid and have no intelligence. Now, in dramebaaz, why did the hosts have to dress up like sardars and then act dumb when asked to tell the colour of their Red tie, many must be thinking that the humour was to be taken in good sense, NO. Just because punjabi jokes have been doing rounds throughout the film industry, it is hurting punjabis in their personal lives. We have seen situations when we meet friends and they start santa banta jokes, or ask " barah baj gaye hain kya"? How many people in this world actually know the real story of sikhs. Don't make fun of sardars, we r not dumb, respect every religion and gain respect.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

neetusidhu thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
completely agree and cant stand the stupid jokes as punjabis are not like that. These people should come to punjab and see what we are really like...
SBIRRIN thumbnail
Yes, I totally agree. Punjabis are very smart people.  Those who make fun of them are the dumbest folks.  Dramebaz show should not have allowed something like this.. What a big shame.
ButterflyChaser thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
I agree completely.. 
Shehreen_27 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I understand what you are trying to say here! I some where agree that they should stop being this immature, There have been a lot of jokes about Punjabi's (Specifically sardar's) but i think in #IBD they were not trying to put it off as an insult but keeping that this show is about dramebaazi , they tried to portray it in a funny way , sort of dramebaazi but nothing intending to insult! just happened to be a sardar's character as its already been very popular! Ragini khanna her self is a punjabi so please take it in a good way ðŸ˜Š