Hollywood Movies & Stars

5 ACTRESSES WHO WOULD BE PERFECT AS ANASTASIA STEE

ForeverSHINee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

NEWS/

Fifty Shades of Grey Casting: Emma Watson's Out, but These 5 Stars Would Be Perfect as Anastasia Steele

by Rebecca MacateeToday 2:03 PM PDT

Courtesy Getty Images for Burberry

Emma Watson is like really, for real, in real life not starring in the Fifty Shades of Grey movie.

But the Harry Potter alum isn't the only actress we can picture in Christian Grey's Red Room of Pain!

Here are five more stars we'd like to see try out the ropes (and chains) as Anastasia Steele.

More from Emma on the rumor she was playing Anastasia

Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images

1. Ellen Page: She'd need some blue contacts and might seem like an unlikely choice, but we could totally see the Juno star getting into those jeans. The 26-year-old actress has the fair complexion, full lips (all the better for biting the lower one—oh my!) and obviously the skill (she was nominated for an Academy Award in 2008) to transform from a shy, mousy college student to Mr. Grey's favorite sub.

Kate Moss gives a sultry reading of the book for Comic Relief

Giulio Marcocchi/Sipa USA

2. Anna Kendrick: In October, a caller on Watch What Happens Live asked the 27-year-oldTwilight star if she'd be up for the role of Anastasia. At the time, Anna did her best to evade the question, explaining that she hadn't read the book yet. But this brunette beauty isn't thatshy about her sexuality. Earlier this year, the actress tweeted a racy quip about a man we, coincidentally, would love to see as Christian. "Ugh - NEVER going to a Ryan Gosling movie in a theater again," she wrote. "Apparently masturbating in the back row is still considered 'inappropriate.'" No such thing!

Here's everything we know so far about the upcoming Fifty Shades of Grey movie

Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images

3. Ashley Greene: Anna's not the only girl from Forks that might be able to drive Mr. Grey wild. Ashley, 26, can certainly change her look from innocent and virginal to sexed-up and vampy. Maybe we should toss some silver balls her way?

Fifty Shades of Grey clothing (and more!) coming your way

Justin Goff/GoffPhotos.com

4. Amanda Seyfried: She played a po*n star in the Linda Lovelace biopic, so we know this 27-year-old beauty is OK with showing a little skin. Plus, Amanda's got that wide-eyed, cherubic look that made Anastasia so irresistible to Christian in the first place. If she dyed those blond locks brown, slipped on some Converses and got ahold of some handcuffs, she'd be perfect for mastering kink on the big screen.

Fifty Shades of Grey author E.L. James talks movie casting

Fotonoticias/WireImage

5. Ashley Benson: The formerly blond Spring Breakers star recently moved one step closer to becoming Ana when she went brunette. This 23-year-old actress definitely has the looks and ability to keep Christian pleased, and she's also got the enthusiasm! "I've read every book. I want to play Anastasia," she told Celebuzz this past May. "Kate is awesome. I like all the characters, but Anastasia? I love her so much."

So have a glass of Twinings English Breakfast tea (or white wine, depending on your mood) and let us know in the comments: Who do you think should play Anastasia Steele?!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ForeverSHINee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Well I don't find any of these perfect for this role