articles on sargun -miscl.new updt 2-pg,4 - Page 2

Posted: 10 years ago
old article on sargun . courtsey KB forum

Sargun Mehta Plays With Her Baby Bump!
Saturday, 25 September 2010 14:16

Sargun Mehta

Sudhir Sharma's show '12/24 Karol Bagh' that showed actress Sargun Mehta aka Neetu pregnant for last few months, has been freed from her baby bump recently as she has been blessed with a baby boy on the show.

Like any other girl of her age, Sargun was also very apprehensive to play a pregnant woman at such a young age as it used to be a major cause of embarrassment and discomfort for her. Sargun, who is said to be the most excited among the all the 
actors in the show, has gone through a very unusual phase while shooting with this fake baby bump.

Sharing her experience with tellycafe, Sargun said, "It was embarrassing because I'm just 21 in real life and I play a 24 year old 
pregnant mother so I used to feel embarrassed thinking how my mom and dad will react. Secondly, I used to feel very uncomfortable due to the fake bump tied up on my stomach that I used to sweat from stomach and I felt choked in that pad."

She added that the entire unit people used to pull her leg because of this. The bubbly girl used to find it very weird and funny to carry around the fake bump all around the set. So, whenever the shoot was over, Sargun used to get rid of it fast and start playing and bouncing it around.

However, now as she has given 
birth to her reel life son, Sargun is relieved from the pain!

-- Team TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/news-gossips/3440-sargun-mehta-plays-with-her-baby-bump.html
Edited by tiny15 - 10 years ago
An old artcile wen doing phulwa

Sargun Mehta is on a high

Akash Wadhwa, TNN Aug 17, 2011, 03.59pm IST
(Sargun Mehta )

Sargun Mehta who is playing the grown up Phulwa in Siddharth Tewary's Phulwa on Colors is enjoying her role to the hilt as for her it's a life time opportunity to play such a challenging role.

She recently shot a mud sequence where she had to come out from the river totally wet in mud. She says, "Coming out of the wet mud totally drenched was definitely not easy for me but then it is a challenging role and on to get such a role in itself is a big achievement. I am enjoying playing Phulwa and the feedback from people is just awesome. The role is definitely demanding but as an actress it's giving me a different high. It is totally different from what I did in Karol Bagh and Geeta".

She recently shot a mud sequence where she had to come out from the river totally wet in mud. She says, "Coming out of the wet mud totally drenched was definitely not easy for me but then it is a challenging role and on to get such a role in itself is a big achievement. I am enjoying playing Phulwa and the feedback from people is just awesome. The role is definitely demanding but as an actress it's giving me a different high. It is totally different from what I did in Karol Bagh and Geeta".

an old article on sargun of Phulwa

Sargun 'Phulwa' Mehta injured

Neha Maheshwri, TNN Sep 8, 2011, 12.00am IST
(Sargun Mehta )

Sargun Mehta aka grown up Phulwa of Siddharth Tewary's Phulwa recently realised how demanding playing the central role of her show can be.

Earlier seen in Karol Bagh and Geeta, her characters were in complete contrast with the role that she is essaying currently. Since her role is inspired by the infamous bandit Phoolan Devi, she obviously gets to do all the action packed sequences which is rare for any TV actress. However, on Tuesday as Sargun was gearing up for yet another action-filled scene, she goofed up and ended up hurting herself badly.

The actress was shooting for a jungle sequence where Shatrugan (Ajay Singh Chaudhary) and Phulwa are shown running to escape from Thakur's goons and suddenly she twists her ankle, trips and Shatrugan lifts her. The shot looked almost real. That's because Sargun had actually twisted her ankle by landing on her foot wrongly while running and had fractured her left ankle. Though not grave, the accident did dampen her spirit as the following day was her birthday and she had made plans of dining out with her friends to bring it in. She had taken an off for her birthday well in advance but had to cancel her plans due to her injury. However, this chutti can be considered a blessing in disguise as Sargun got a day to completely rest and recover from the pain. We wish her a speedy recovery!

An old TOI article. tho the article is of 2012 but the incidence is during KB

Sargun Mehta's wardrobe malfunction!

TNN May 25, 2012, 12.00AM IST
(Sargun Mehta )

Award ceremonies are always a platform to shine for stars. But little do we know of instances that often rock the boat for them! Take the near wardrobe malfunction of Sargun Mehta.

She recalls, "I was excited at being nominated at this prestigious television awards. I wanted to look elegant so I opted for a sari." At the venue, she started feeling slightly uncomfortable but ignored her instincts. Then, to her delight, she was announced the winner and says, "I was thrilled but I wasn't prepared for what was to happen next! My co-star Hunar Hali stepped on my sari accidentally and it came undone! I was live on camera and was completely clueless about what to do. Somehow I managed to fix it and went on stage to receive my award. I still get unnerved each time I remember the incident!" she says.

zee news article during KB

Meet prankster Sargun Mehta

Last Updated: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 12.54
Meet prankster Sargun MehtaMumbai: TV actress Sargun Mehta is quite a prankster on the sets of Zee TV's "12/24 Karol Bagh", which is being shot in the capital, and her main target is Waseem Mushtaq. 

Waseem plays her brother Anuj in the serial. 

Narrating an incident, she said: "We were shooting for a scene where the whole family was sitting at the dinner table and it was a close up shot of Waseem Mushtaq. While he was doing his touch up before the shot, I mixed around eight spoons of salt into his food. 

"Since it was his scene, he had to eat the salty food. His expressions while having the food left everyone laughing on the sets," she told reporters.

anoder old TOI article wen doing phulwa

My parents never forced me: Sargun

Amrita Mulchandani, TNN Sep 14, 2011, 01.47pm IST
(Sargun Mehta )

Actress Sargun Mehta is in news for her personal and professional work. She has recently entered Phulwa after the leap in the show and she is dating actor Ravi Dubey.

Coming from a non-filmi background surely was difficult for this Delhitie to get work in Mumbai but she has got some significant work to her credit. We ask her if her parents were fine with her moving from the capital city to the entertainment hub? ""My parents are never apprehensive about anything. Rather they were the ones who told me to go and try in Mumbai as I wouldn't get another chance. People said it was difficult to get work in Mumbai and my parent were getting jittery then, but I got work in ten days and they were fine. They have never forced me to do anything. They have been very supportive and encouraging,"" says Sargun who plans to study from an open university.

2nd article wen doing phulwa

Luck is on my side: Sargun Mehta

Amrita Mulchandani, TNN Sep 13, 2011, 12.00am IST
(Sargun Mehta )

Sargun Mehta has some good work to her credit. Having done some meaty roles in shows like 12/24 Karol Bagh and Apno Ke Liye Geeta Ka Dharmyudh, she's now currently essaying the lead role in the prime time show based on the life of bandit queen Phoolan Devi — Phulwa.

Sargun says "luck is on my side" and she is happy that acting happened to her. "I came to this industry by chance and thank god for it. I believe in dedication and hard work. I would have been a business woman if

I hadn't joined television," she says.

When asked about her role in Phulwa, Sargum admits that she had no idea she was playing a female dacoit on the show. She says, "Jannat Zubair (the child artist who played Phulwa) really made an impact on the audience so I was under pressure to match up to her standard. However, now I am quite comfortable doing the role."

Like her colleagues, Sargun does not enjoy being a replacement on shows. "Initially, I was offered a lead role in a show, but as soon as I was told that I was a replacement I decided not do it. I don't think audience connects with replacements," she says.

Sargun has proved her versatility with a variety of roles and does not care about the money so long as the role is good. We ask her if she nurses any ambition to work in a Bollywood film and she says, "Who doesn't like to be seen on the silver screen? But I don't plan anything. I believe if you want to make god laugh at you then you should tell him your plan. I am not desperate to do anything to make it in films."

Sargun feels that TV actors need time to settle down when they start their career in Bollywood. "Today audience doesn't give time to TV actors to adjust. Once people will start giving time, working in films will become easier for TV actors," says Sargun.

In real life, Sargun confesses that she's a lot like her character Neetu from 12/24 Karol Bagh. She recalls loads of memories from the sets and shooting in Delhi. She says on a parting note, "I am a very carefree person. Ravi (Dubey) and I met during this show and we became friends. After the show, I moved to Mumbai and then I realised that we were more than friends. My parents also know about him and they are fine with our relationship. Being in love is a great feeling and I am enjoying every bit of it."

anoder old TOI article duirng phulwa during fire incident

Sargun Mehta 's fiery experience!

Amrita Mulchandani, TNN Jan 6, 2012, 11.45AM IST
(A still from the show )

Siddharth Kumar tewary's TV show Phulwa on Colors has gone through many twist and turns. The story line is getting more and more gripping. The character of Thakur palyed by Sai Ballal will make an attempt to kill Phulwa.

According to our source, ""On one hand, Abhay (Ajay Chaudhary) who got married to Phulwa is falling in love with Phulwa (Sargun Mehta) while on the other, Thakur is plotting to kill her. Thakur will leave the gas cylinder on, which bursts when Phulwa enters the kitchen. But Abhay saves her just in time and the situation seems to be typical yet interesting.""

Sargun Mehta confirms, ""Yes, an accident will occur but Abhay will come at the right time and save me. The storyline is going perfect. To shoot a fire sequence one requires lot of patience. The feedback that we received for the fire sequence is good. As Phulwa has a unique plot it is the landmark show of my career.'

An old Mid-Day article abt her pyrophobia

Telly actress Sargun Mehta suffers from pyrophobia

Sargun Mehta suffers from pyrophobia. She can't see herself anywhere near a fire.

November 30, 2012

MUMBAI

She can't even light the gas leave alone a matchstick! "Once when I was shooting, there was a fire scene and I was freaking out. I am terrified of fire," she says. 

Anoder old TOI article!!

Stilettos are classy and elegant: Sargun Mehta

Aug 26, 2012, 12.00AM IST

(Stilettos are classy and…)

What did you mix-n-match lately? These days I like wearing high-waist pants along with shirts. Apart from this, I like wearing summery dresses. Recently I bought a dress in yellow with intricate silver work.

Are you a shopaholic? 
I am a complete shopaholic. I love wearing sandals and wedges and I have one in every colour.

Your mirror says... 

You don't look so nice today.

Your sex appeal: 
I think it's my confident smile.

A trend you are obsessed with: 
Solitaires. I think they are a woman's best friend.

You party like a...
I don't like partying in Mumbai as I miss Bollywood music. I am not very fond of trance and house music which is mostly played everywhere.

Money can buy...
Materialistic stuff that can make you happy.

What kind of footwear, do you prefer? 
I love my stilettos. They are classy and elegant.

Favourite pick up line: 
That's the last thing I would do.

What's the new black? 

I think it's hot pink.

heres anoder TC article on sargun!!

Nach Baliye is tougher than Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa : Sargun Mehta

3 hours ago | TC

Sargun Mehta, the protagonist of Sony Entertainment Television's Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada, is looking for fresh work post the closure of the show.

"I have been offered a few projects; let's see how things work out," Sargun quips.

The charming actress who debuted with 12/24 Karol Bagh says that after all this she has come to learn that that one should not be too choosy of work. "Let's face it; there is not much differentiated content in the idiot box. Having said this, I will try to pick up the best from what is coming my way," the actress avers.

In the hindsight, do you think that you have left a few shows due to your choosy attitude? "No, because if Geeta Ka Dharmyudh had not ended, I would not have got Phulwa. That has been the biggest landmark show of my career so far," Sargun answers.

When asked about her experience of doing Kyaa Hua, she says, "I had great fun; the show also had its reign." Were you disappointed at the way it finally shut shop? "I am pragmatic enough to realize that shows will always close in a jiffy; we will never get information if any project would shut down six to twelve months in advance. So, I have learnt to live with it," the actress informs.

After Nach Baliye, Sargun will want to do more non-fiction shows as well. About Bigg Boss she states, "I might do it but have not been approached so far. Ravi (her boyfriend Ravi Dubey) and I became big fans of this Colors' format last year. He would record the show for me to see."

Talking about the above named controversial show, Sargun, talking from an outsider's perspective says, "It seems quite easy from outside; you just have to spend three months. But I know that it's quite tough to last that long."

Finally, on the differences between Nach Baliye and Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, she says that both formats are as different as chalk and cheese. "It is easier in Jhalak for you to have a trained choreographer assisting you, while in Nach, it was harder for us to do lifts as both Ravi and I were untrained dancers," she maintains.

Sargun, may you get back to the TV scenario soon..

heres anoder TC article abt sargun giving appearnace on India's Dancing Superstars. her part is in bold.

Shakti and Kunwar get back on screen again…Sargun, Rahul, Mahhi and Nisha join in…read on

1 hour ago | TC

Good news for fans of Shakti Mohan and Kunwar Amar. Both talented actors earned fame via Zee TV's Dance India Dance and later went on to redefine small screen romance on Dil Dostii Dance (Channel V).

Millions of hearts wept as Shakti decided to move out of Dil Dostii to hunt for greener pastures.

However, till date fans crave to see the eternal bonding of Rey (Kunwar) and Kria (Shakti) again on screen.

No, they are not getting back on Dil Dostii but, on a different platform.

And who better than Shakti to talk more about it. Over to her: "Kunwar, I, along with Sargun (Mehta), Rahul (Mahajan), Mahhi (Vij), Nisha (Rawal), made an appearance in India's Dancing Superstar (Star Plus). We came in to support the contestants. I supported Loyola Dream Team while Kunwar cheered for Padmini-Debasish."

She continued, "I performed on my item number Aa Re Pritam Pyare while Kunwar threw in an aerial act."

So how did she feel on meeting up and sharing stage with Kunwar…all over again? "It was awesome. It was like reliving the DID and D3 days. I received a great response from the judges. I also gifted chocolates to my team."

Talking about other celebs, Rahul supported MJ5, Nisha pitched in for D Maniax, Sargun cheered Amardeep and finally, Mahhi shouted out for Akshay Pal.

This particular episode will air this weekend!!!

Thanks for sharing Dolly.😊

That's true that most of the shows have nothing new to offer so not much choice there.  So wish Phulwa was still on air but hoping Sargun gets something good and we her again soon.