JJMD GOING OFF AIR - All Disc. Here. - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago
It's quite obvious they can't move balika vadhu since it is doing well in that slot so why mess with it. It would have been better on a morning weekend slot and use the 7pm slot for repeat of another serial instead of putting new serials only to be taken off when it can't beat saathiya. Considering they run loads of repeats of serials anyway why not just move the serial to one of those slots but I guess they don't want to pay for the show.

Can't Beilve This Show Is Going Off So Soon. NOT FAIR. ):
I love this show please don't end it. The thinks I didn't know I'm learning about it.
Originally posted by .Vrish.

This is a shame, but I blame Colors more than JJMD in this case.  First of all, the show is aired at 7pm - who on earth watches TV then?  People who watch afternoon shows are then getting ready for people out (spouses, kids, etc) coming home, and people who watch evening shows are either on the road or just getting home.  The worst time to air any serial.  I recall how on Imagine TV, Rakt Sambandh, which had decent TRPs that were just picking up, dropped like a rock once it was shifted from 10pm to 7pm.

Now to the JJMD part.  If a story is not as well known as Ramayan or Mahabharata, it is a good idea to populate it w/ either famous or good actors.  DkDM charted the way - the first few months when they were showing Shiva/Sati's stories, a lot of it was made up, but the cast was very well chosen, and every one did brilliantly their roles.  In this serial, the Durgas are the only ones carrying the show.

As Tan pointed out, in Dwarkadheesh, they tried running the story on just Krishna & Sudama, but failed miserably.  They went from a mediocre cast initially to a downright abominable cast later.  As a result, even their Mahabharat track failed to gain traction.

This show did have a lot of potential, since it would have featured little known stories about Ma Durga that are known by few people other than priests.  But they lost this golden opportunity.  Similarly, even DkDM did an abominable job showing (so far) the killings of Mahishashur, Raktabheej and Dhoomralochan, so a part of the potential that they had to show this full thing is also lost.  I hope that at some point, DkDM tries doing this right in a retcon, such as showing someone in the serial narrating the full proper story and doing it justice.

The other thing I didn't get - if Colors had the idea of combating LifeOK by running this Durga serial, why didn't they run it right opposite DkDM?
no sorry.. the time slot was perfect for maa durga bt due to loopholes nd viewers poor choice maa durga is leavng.. wat can u do wen ppl watch saas bahu shows... see 7pm slot was meant to target women mainly.. small towns
Well it's finally going on 5th April and it will end with the mahishasaur track whick means dragging the end. Seriously they could have ended it this week if they wanted,why drag it out? Not happy about it. They are putting a repeat of bani in its place as they have nothing new to put in its place yet.

Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga to air its last on 5 April 2013

Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga

Sagar Arts' JJJMD is all set to bid adieu to its audience.

Yes, you heard it right. This mythological series on Colors will see its end early next month as it failed to garner the much needed TRPs as reported in the media.

Now, we get you the final date and its end.

As per a reliable source, the cast and crew are shooting for their last episode today (26 March 2013). And their last telecast date will be 5 April 2013.

So how will the end be? "As seen so far, Mahishasur has entered the show. He wants to capture all the three worlds including hell, earth and heaven. Therefore, Maa Durga fights him and his end will also mark the end of this mythological series," said a source.

However, since there is no new fiction lined up yet, the repeat of the channel's latest offering Bani will be aired in the 7 pm slot from 8 April 2013.

When contacted Piyali Munshi better known as Durga she confirmed the same.

Edited by MSPE - 11 years ago
http://todayviacom18.wordpress.com/2013/03/26/colors-jai-jag-janani-maa-durga-to-air-its-last-episode-on-5th-april/

Read this article even Ashnoor talks about Durga ending on 5th April
http://todayviacom18.wordpress.com/2013/03/26/colors-jai-jag-janani-maa-durga-to-air-its-last-episode-on-5th-april/

Ashnoor talks about the show ending 
oh thats sad

but the show never took off really

I dont know what went wrong

Its not that people dont see Mythos

DKDM is an example of people liking mythos
Originally posted by viegas

Read this article even Ashnoor talks about Durga ending on 5th April
yaa it has been confirmd that maa durga is leavng us on 5th april