JJMD GOING OFF AIR - All Disc. Here. - Page 4

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by Nandiniraizaada

Well I was very excited to watch the show while they were doing the pre-launch promos.. But after just 2 weeks, I knew this show would go off air... Lots of problems with the show (and NO it has nothing to do with being a female dominating show or the absence of saas and Bahus and their sajish or time slot issue)

1. For the first 2 weeks (even more coz I was not a regular viewer after that) all that they showed when it comes to Ma Durga was - her one emotion face - no matter if the situation is sad, happy or frightening- all is she doing is listening and giving a statue like smile...

2. It didn't feel connected at all - as mention earlier unlike other mythos (from Ma durga, ramayan, Devo ke dev Mahadev - which shows god, actually doing something or in action) here Ma Durga was always sitting in her sihansan and talking in one sentences or just bragging about her own mahanta (Someof her actual action came much later when ppl started complaining)

3. It was dragging like crazy, so in first 2 weeks there was nothing where you would see the story line is moving, they were just giving importance to the non relevant stuff and stretching the story like a rubber band, which had to break ...

4. They started the story with Ma Durga and Kalkay's story... Anytime I see a track on mythos, I usually like to google and search about the topic or just know the story behind it so that I can relate to it... To my surprise I just could not find any information about kalkay's whereabouts.. If you are starting a show as big as JJJMD atleast start with a better engaging track where ppl can atleast relate...

5. Bad makeup and cast selection - Vishnu and Parvati to be completely blue... No strong side actors except for Ma Durga (one of the reason ppl love DKDM is because each and every character has been given a fair share and have been showen as per the character... By following strong character they could have attracted atleast the crowd who watches DKDM and are interested in mythos... But those ppl who watches DKDM does not want to see Parvati and Vishnu in blue and bad looking, Mahadev to be so helpless and all that so it just doesn't connect)

I guess there is a lot but top 5 reasons are good enough... I was super excited to add 1 more mytho show into my viewing list but now I am glad it is ending because of the reasons mention above and more... Edited by ans1122 - 11 years ago
sir MSPE,

in order to make any show success , it depends on type of subject we are showing,how we are presenting and how the response is !!!!

when DKDM was aired on LifeOK , nobody expected even the producers that the show would gain such success and popularity . of course ,even after sometime ,DKDM would lose its charm and popularity with passing of time and pull off ,but  atleast it is true that it achieved some kind of success and showed that still mythological shows can succeed if presented properly.   

the main drawback of JJJMD is in the following points I prefer to acknowledge

(a)   from starting episode, they showed that all world and tri-devas and tri-devis were created by Durga. this is utter non-sense.

if Durga created tri-devas how Siva could be half-naked smearing with ash and no proper place to live, while other gods like Vishnu and Brahma are good looking and have their places to live.

My questions are  :
does Durga showed partiality to Siva?
does Durga ordered Siva to wear tiger-skin and  live in grave-yards and smear ash on his skin?

In Devi puran(or Devi Bhagavatam both are names of same purana) written by Vyasa maharshi , it was mentioned that Brahma was created from navel of Vishnu and Siva was born from the mid of the  two eyes of Brahma(when Brahma  was angry).

(b)      if you look at costumes and make up of Parvati and Vishnu 
I would say they are JOKERS. I beg million pardons and forgive me if I hurt anyone!!!

Parvati and Vishnu does not look divine . Majority of Hindus are Vaishnavas . If you present Vishnu(looking clearly in blue paint)  in such a bad way ,it will definitely fail to please audiences.

IN DKDM, Vishnu was shown in a divine way. they did not show the war between Vishnu and Veerbhadra because it would hurt the sentiments of Vaishnavites. So they cleverly avoided the fight between them without hurting anyone.

Since DKDM is Siva-centred  story they did not show much about Vishnu but atleast they succeeded in showing Vishnu as divine and in some(few)  places they showed that Siva meditates on VIshnu in order to attract vaishnavites.

But JJJMD failed to attract both Saivites(worshippers of Siva) and Vaishnavites(worshippers of Vishnu).

The comedy point is that they even failed to attract SHaktas(worshippers of Adi paraShakti).

(c)      If you have watched DKDM episode in which parvati devi the adi parashakti turned herself into MahaKali and killed shumbh and nishumbh and Raktabheej ,it gathered a TRP of 8.2 the highest for any show in that year 2012.

what is the reason for such high TRP?

I will answer.  a lot of people loved to watch parvati devi , the adi paraShakti in action!!!

But JJJMD showed durga in boring dialogues rather than in action.

Originally posted by ShaunSA

Why bring SNS into this? I follow both serials and I enjoy both.

Let's be honest it is only die-hard mytho followers like us who will follow and watch JJMD. It offers sweet nothing to anyone else. Not in terms of acting/direction/special effects/story line/etc etc etc.

Bottom line is JJMD sucks. Can't blame Colors for wanting it off air.

sry if ur hurt bt i m tellng the truth.. ppl love only saas bahu shows ... cant take name bt shows slot leaders at 7 9 9:30pm r nothng bt saas bahu shows.. look at nbt ..is it saas bahu.. no bt gettng less trps.. also ppl in india have vry poor taste..havan was gud.. went off air.. why just bcz of one show
Colors abhishek, even balika badhu is a rona dhona show. Uttaran also conspiracy kitchen politics show. Please don't point fingers. Shauna is not really lying, she/he has a point. Jjmd has nothing really to offer.
Originally posted by tannipartner

Colors abhishek, even balika badhu is a rona dhona show. Uttaran also conspiracy kitchen politics show. Please don't point fingers. Shauna is not really lying, she/he has a point. Jjmd has nothing really to offer.
i m nt pointng fingers on anyone.. all ur mention shows get trps why bcz of drama... thats wat i m sayng.. ppl love drama kitchen politcs... ok u tell me jjmd opened at 1.5 trps.. why... whereas house wife on zee got 2.5... bt maa durga is nt a show which shud get less than 1 trp wen othr shows with zero story get above 2
Originally posted by colorsabhishek

i m nt pointng fingers on anyone.. all ur mention shows get trps why bcz of drama... thats wat i m sayng.. ppl love drama kitchen politcs... ok u tell me jjmd opened at 1.5 trps.. why... whereas house wife on zee got 2.5... bt maa durga is nt a show which shud get less than 1 trp wen othr shows with zero story get above 2
mam i m upset..bcz durga atleast deservd 1.5 trp... why nt if othr shows can get it why nt maa durga... i agree ther wer many flows bt mam..., maa durga preached that women r nt weak..they shud be given education too..thats wat i m gonna miss

mam i m upset..bcz durga atleast deservd 1.5 trp... why nt if othr shows can get it why nt maa durga... i agree ther wer many flows bt mam..., maa durga preached that women r nt weak..they shud be given education too..thats wat i m gonna miss

why are u comparing a divine show with some stupid serials. Uttaran, balika vadhu are women centred shows where they showed unnecessary ,stupid things about women.   they can run even for hundreds of  centuries if the actors playing in those serials are immortal.  but to our good luck even if the actors  are immortal,   we the human beings are not immortal to watch those stupid shows forever. 

coming to jjmd, it failed because people cannot understand what the directors wanted to show . my thinking is that   the director of jjmd wanted to show that durga devi killed some powerful  demons . (because the director thinks that we hindus don't know that durga killed mahishasur and other demons)

If you have watched DKDM episode in which parvati devi the adi parashakti turned herself into MahaKali and killed shumbh and nishumbh and Raktabheej ,it gathered a TRP of 8.2 the highest for any show in that year 2012.

what is the reason for such high TRP?the answer is not God Shiva!!!

I will answer.  a lot of people loved to watch Parvati devi  (Uma, Sati, Lalitha,Bhavani,Durga are her names,) the adi paraShakti in action!!!. 

But JJJMD showed durga  the adi ParaShakti as sitting on a throne and giving lecturing how people should behave and giving   boring dialogues rather than in action .

People never watch shows(or cinemas) to listen lectures on humanity and boring dialogues.

Originally posted by krishnchaitanya

why are u comparing a divine show with some stupid serials. Uttaran, balika vadhu are women centred shows where they showed unnecessary ,stupid things about women.   they can run even for hundreds of  centuries if the actors playing in those serials are immortal.  but to our good luck even if the actors  are immortal,   we the human beings are not immortal to watch those stupid shows forever. 

coming to jjmd, it failed because people cannot understand what the directors wanted to show . my thinking is that   the director of jjmd wanted to show that durga devi killed some powerful  demons . (because the director thinks that we hindus don't know that durga killed mahishasur and other demons)

If you have watched DKDM episode in which parvati devi the adi parashakti turned herself into MahaKali and killed shumbh and nishumbh and Raktabheej ,it gathered a TRP of 8.2 the highest for any show in that year 2012.

what is the reason for such high TRP?the answer is not God Shiva!!!

I will answer.  a lot of people loved to watch Parvati devi  (Uma, Sati, Lalitha,Bhavani,Durga are her names,) the adi paraShakti in action!!!. 

But JJJMD showed durga  the adi ParaShakti as sitting on a throne and giving lecturing how people should behave and giving   boring dialogues rather than in action .

People never watch shows(or cinemas) to listen lectures on humanity and boring dialogues.

ya dats wat the prblm..even Colors shud have given it a second chance..they cud have shifted it to weekends..yaar we ppl want such shows spcly wen incidents like delhi rape case r happening

None of us know exact equation of this trp game, so I will not go there.
I am saying, Durga is not really an outstanding mytho show, from presentation of content to acting, it was not something out of the box. So onus of its failure lies on its makers and the channel who ordered it and suggested changes at times. Complaining some other  day time saas bahu soap or people's taste will not help. Everyone knows what the people like. Those same people make run off the mill colors shows hits as well. So quit blaming or hailing people as per convenience.
JJMD did not work because there were many loopholes in it, quite a lot. and The channel also did not give it some time to establish itself, or hold the reins so that the makers won't produce another of their factory drilled product. There was fault, so the show did not work out.
Originally posted by tannipartner

None of us know exact equation of this trp game, so I will not go there.
I am saying, Durga is not really an outstanding mytho show, from presentation of content to acting, it was not something out of the box. So onus of its failure lies on its makers and the channel who ordered it and suggested changes at times. Complaining some other  day time saas bahu soap or people's taste will not help. Everyone knows what the people like. Those same people make run off the mill colors shows hits as well. So quit blaming or hailing people as per convenience.
JJMD did not work because there were many loopholes in it, quite a lot. and The channel also did not give it some time to establish itself, or hold the reins so that the makers won't produce another of their factory drilled product. There was fault, so the show did not work out.
ok.. my real fault was... i m tellng the truth.. ok i wont say anythng nw... bt indian television needs such show... let ppl be happy with crap shows