Jai Jag Janani Maa Durga

JJMD GOING OFF AIR - All Disc. Here. - Page 5

LeadNitrate thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
ok.. my real fault was... i m tellng the truth.. ok i wont say anythng nw... bt indian television needs such show... let ppl be happy with crap shows[/QUOTE]

Please, go back and look what you said. While your saying has truth, you blamed  the run off the mill shows in other channels and the preference of audience to watch those shows over Maa Durga. I just called you out on your hypocrisy.  You acted as if, colors do not have any run of the mill show or  audience donot love them.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Doremon_Selfie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: tannipartner

ok.. my real fault was... i m tellng the truth.. ok i wont say anythng nw... bt indian television needs such show... let ppl be happy with crap shows

Please, go back and look what you said. While your saying has truth, you blamed  the run off the mill shows in other channels and the preference of audience to watch those shows over Maa Durga. I just called you out on your hypocrisy.  You acted as if, colors do not have any run of the mill show or  audience donot love them.
i m entitled to my opinion nd u r to urs... bt pls let me give my viewpoints... nd dnt called me hypocrite... i m nt bashng any show bt criticisng it... i rest my case...
krishnchaitanya thumbnail

i m entitled to my opinion nd u r to urs... bt pls let me give my viewpoints... nd dnt called me hypocrite... i m nt bashng any show bt criticisng it... i rest my case...

why are you criticising each other. 

you should criticize better SAGAR arts for making JJMD a failure show.

its not the fault of colors channel.   in the beginning of JJMD show all expected it would give competition to DKDM.

but SAGAR ARTS forgot both homework and groundwork.

DURGA is goddess and wife of Siva.   even in DEVI purana(DEVI bhagavatam) written by Vyasa maharshi or DEVI saptashadi written by Markandeya it is clearly mentioned how Parvati became DUrga and killed DUrgama demon and Mahishasura demon.

but in this show, even if it is women-centered show ,they showed as she is the creator of tri-devas and tri-devis which is false.   everybody knows that brahma was born from navel of VIshnu and RUdra was born from the middle of two eye-brows of Brahma.

instead of directly showing mother Durga as supreme they should have shown stories why she is supreme.      To show durga as supreme, they showed other gods in a bad looking.

people are laughing at the way parvati and vishnu are shown in this serial , i have never seen them in such bad looking .

they should have done a deep research on DEVI durga and arrive at beautiful stories. but instead of that they showed a fake story of kalikey demon which is not found in any purana and they dragged this story for 2 months .

devi parvati appeared as six-year old girl in Katyayan rishi ashram and katyayan accepted her as her daughter and gave her name Katyanani. since she is the sister of Narayana, she is called Narayani. she is also called Yoga maya or Maha maya.

she is the wife of Bhava(Siva), so she is called Bhavani( durga is worshipped as Bhavani in maharashtra and andhra pradesh).

SAGAR arts forgot all the above mentioned facts and they created their own story. but the truth is people rejected their story and so the JJMD failed to attract the viewers. it has nothing to do with either time slot or TRP's.

a women's power is not measured not in terms of Shakti(power).

durga is not worshipped  only because she is SHAKTI(supreme in power).

she is worshipped as loving mother like she loves her sons Ganesha and Kartikeya she also loves and treats everybody as her sons and daughters.

she is worshipped as a caring and loving wife. even though siva does not have anything like proper clothing,proper place(house) to live , she never complained and did her duty as a dutiful wife.   Durga devi and Laksmi devi are top among chastity wives.

she is worshipped because whenever there is trouble on her sons and daughters she took terrible forms like KALI and DURGA to punish evil and save people.

BUT SAGAR ARTS simply focussed on her SHAKTI.

DKDM showed how a wife (SATI devi) loved husband(SIVA)  and how much a husband loved wife.     so it achieved some kind of success.  they showed the stories of Shiva and his journey to a house holder.

but JJMD showed more interest in POWER rather than family.  they showed only the power of DURGA but not her personal life(i.e love and family)

they should have showed DURGA as a loving and caring wife of SIVA at the same time they should shown that a   women can not only do duty as a wife and mother ,  she can even turn into SHAKTI and kill evil forces in the world and save her children.

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: krishnchaitanya

sir MSPE,

(a)   from starting episode, they showed that all world and tri-devas and tri-devis were created by Durga. this is utter non-sense. 

if Durga created tri-devas how Siva could be half-naked smearing with ash and no proper place to live, while other gods like Vishnu and Brahma are good looking and have their places to live.

My questions are  :
does Durga showed partiality to Siva?
does Durga ordered Siva to wear tiger-skin and  live in grave-yards and smear ash on his skin?

In Devi puran(or Devi Bhagavatam both are names of same purana) written by Vyasa maharshi , it was mentioned that Brahma was created from navel of Vishnu and Siva was born from the mid of the  two eyes of Brahma(when Brahma  was angry).

(b)      if you look at costumes and make up of Parvati and Vishnu 
I would say they are JOKERS. I beg million pardons and forgive me if I hurt anyone!!!

Par
vati and Vishnu does not look divine . Majority of Hindus are Vaishnavas . If you present Vishnu(looking clearly in blue paint)  in such a bad way ,it will definitely fail to please audiences.

IN DKDM, Vishnu was shown in a divine way. they did not show the war between Vishnu and Veerbhadra because it would hurt the sentiments of Vaishnavites. So they cleverly avoided the fight between them without hurting anyone.

Since DKDM is Siva-centred  story they did not show much about Vishnu but atleast they succeeded in showing Vishnu as divine and in some(few)  places they showed that Siva meditates on VIshnu in order to attract vaishnavites.

But JJJMD failed to attract both Saivites(worshippers of Siva) and Vaishnavites(worshippers of Vishnu).

The comedy point is that they even failed to attract SHaktas(worshippers of Adi paraShakti).

(c)      If you have watched DKDM episode in which parvati devi the adi parashakti turned herself into MahaKali and killed shumbh and nishumbh and Raktabheej ,it gathered a TRP of 8.2 the highest for any show in that year 2012.

what is the reason for such high TRP?

I will answer.  a lot of p
eople loved to watch parvati devi , the adi paraShakti in action!!!

But JJJMD showed durga in boring dialogues rather than in action.

• That is a third school of thought within Hinduism - while you have Vaishnavas & Shaivyas, there is a third group that believes in the supremacy of the devi.  First of all, different puranas contradict each other depending on who their focal subject point is: Vaishnava texts claim Vishnu's superiority, as in the story of Shiva losing a battle w/ Krishna in Shrimad Bhagvatam over Banasura, while in the Shiva Purana, Shiva trounced Vrishnu in his Vrshng (bull) avatar, and even in the aftermath of the sagar manthan - something not there in Vishnu Puran.  Anyway, there is nothing rubbish about the Devi creating the tridevs - they all got freedom of how to live, and the Devi can't force them to live like they were kids.  The Devi Bhagvatam and Devi Puranas have the Devis as being the origin of all creation, which has its believers outside Shaivya & Vaishnava groups.
  • As you pointed out, Veerbhadra trounced Vishnu - indeed, that ought to have been shown exactly that way, and it was a copout by DkDM to show Vishnu binding Veerbhadra instead.  If serial can't show certain things that are in the texts for trps, they should avoid touching them altogether, instead of distorting them.  DkDM would have done just fine w/o showing those instances like Shiva's bow existing for the sole purpose of being broken by Rama, Shiva meditating on Vishnu, whom he delegated the powers of preservation, and so on.
  • Parvati killed Shumbha & Nishumbh?  Did you watch that episode?  No, they are still alive - that episode was a joke.  There, they showed Durga killing Dhoomralochan and Mahakali killing Raktabheej, and then spend the next couple of episodes hating herself for stepping on her husband.  They also showed Shumbha & Nishumbha get shaken by these deaths and break their (fictitious) alliance w/ Tarakasura, and not go after Durga any more.  For a serial that obviously goes out of its way to placate Vaishnavs, it thinks nothing about making Parvati, Durga, Mahakali, Meenakshi or Kartikeya followers mad
So no, DkDM succeeded despite its flaws, which have nothing to do w/ its accuracy.  What you seem to be saying is that serials that don't endorse Vaishnav beliefs even when their basis is not Vaishnav based should twist things to attract more people.  

That's called letting TRPs dictate the contents of a show.  This show did, as I pointed out in pg 2, have its drawbacks, but they could have been successful w/o distorting stories, or making up new ones.
LeadNitrate thumbnail
 I agree with Vrish. Potraying of Maha Shakti is no where near to glorious in DKDM. 
And her actions and killing Dhumralochan etc was a joke.
TRP s are a totally different story.
DKDM has its own reasons to succeed, from proper costume to mostly good casting of actors.
BUt presenting correct interpretation or glorifying shakti is not one of it.
Previous
1 2 3 4 5