Why didn't Hongey Judaa Na Hum click-An Autopsy

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago

Sony Entertainment Television TV had spent huge amounts of money on the promotion of Hongey Judaa Na Hum. The show produced by Shri Adhikari Brothers had huge expectations and the channel was cashing in heavily on the project to end its poor run in the TRP race.

And why not? The show marked the return of popular and beautiful Aamna Shariffon television and she had good looking Raqesh Vashisth to romance.

The maker and the channel also later brought in Aamir Ali to heat up things. But irrespective of all the efforts and mind raking, Hongey Judaa Na Hum never managed to get off the runway.

So why did it not work?

The reasons may be varied- it may be a story line which wasn't effective and the starry tantrums of Aamna Shariff (as alleged).

We had earlier reported about Aamna, who played Muskaan, demanding that she is paid in advance. Our source further added, "If one actor petulantly demands advance payment others will also insist for the same. We just couldn't give in to her unreasonable demands. One can't let one rotten apple spoil the whole bunch. The payment norms were spelt out in black and white in her contract; nevertheless she raised a hue and cry. Nobody is indispensible; if that was her attitude we could do without her as well."

Our source also added that Aamir Ali quit the show because a co-actor of his was making life very difficult for him. We asked him if he was referring to Aamna. Our source said, "I don't want to say who the person was. If you read between the lines you will understand."

We contacted Aamir Ali who however denied such a thing. "Aamna is a dear friend and there was no problem whatsoever. I was doing a cameo which was extended. It was a very nice experience to shoot for the show. A cameo has to come to an end sometime."

We also contacted producer Paritosh Painter to ask his view as to why the show wasn't successful, "Maybe the show didn't work as the chemistry between the main characters didn't click. Or the story didn't proceed as the viewers had wanted it to. There may be so many reasons to this. However it is not anybody's fault. Shows sometimes work out and sometimes don't."

Kishwer Merchantt from the show was of the opinion, "I feel that the script got haywire. Also the focus was mainly on the leads Rohan and Muskaan which is why the viewers got bored. In Bade Achhe Lagte Hain for instance they don't just focus on the leads Ram and Priya but on the other characters too. It was much later when I joined is when they focused on the supporting characters and other tracks too."

Aamna Shariff, Raqesh Vashisth (Rohan) and Sneha Rajani (Senior Executive Vice President & Business Head of Sony Entertainment Television) were unavailable for comment.

Posted: 11 years ago
Concept for an indian serial was wrong and 0 chemistry between amna and raquesh 
its a love stroy they were acting all the time no vibes between them its not just being beautiful but 
off screen chemistry for a romantic serial is very imp Amna in her past was very pretty and could act here she came as a showpiece I was bored watching this serial and after a few times gave it up Thank-god its completed