Bani - Ishq Da Kalma

The life that could have been...

-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Just saw the episode and this one seems to be one of those episodes that was aimed at providing a really strong basis for Gurbani's mom to really actively search for that NRI dulha now. It was a decent episode over all but just left me a bit drained towards the end..

They seem to be laying that foundation for Gurbani's mom's resentment really well  πŸ˜† - in the past few episodes we just had that "what if" and "life would be better" theories that she was living on but today they actually put the reality in her face (and ours) and showed her just HOW better her life could be. And this time, instead of me feeling bad for Gurbani's mom, I actually felt bad for Nirvaal's family. Because honestly, I was starting to feel guilty for him not being able to find the magic-key-to-instant-success in Canada and "failing" instead. It started with Sukhi's house and how grand it looked and then we moved on to Sukhi and her 360 makeover.. I was already a little shifty and uncomfortable by that point with all the look-how-great-her-NRI-wedded-life-is but then Sukhi's oh so handsome husband walked out with a son (que doe-eyed aunties going ga-ga).. *exasperated muh* But YE bhi sahi tha.. Until that kid dropped his food and Bani being the ever nice person absentmindedly offered to help. *face palm* She didn't know how upset her mom would get and how this would be the last straw but oh man, I could! And if I could stop her and get SUKHI do clean her own son's mess I would. In a heart beat.. Because yaar itna guilt trip kara diya ye toh.. And then Gurbani's mom's (WHAT IS HER NAME!!! I can't remember! I'm calling her GM.. Lol.. πŸ˜†) starts to cry and baad mein she vents to Beeji.. *sigh* Yaar ab toh MUJHEY guilt ho raha hai and it's just been four episodes. Nirvaal and his family have been dealing with this for years.. I can totally see why he is sick of it and just hurt by GM's constant anger.. It must grate on his nerves.. It MUST! Because I know it would mine..

On to nicer, happier things in the show today - SOHUM (Apparently it's spelled with a U? I didn't even know! πŸ˜†)! This guys is so cute (like pull-your-cheeks wala cute) with his adoration for Gurbani.. πŸ˜† Gets all rigid around her lest he say/do something that gets him "caught". And then stares at her peechey se.. πŸ˜† Do you know how EASY it is for that to get creepy and how amazed I am that I find it cute instead? *shakes head* πŸ˜† By the way, how innocent and cute was his dream?! Especially when they both just SIT on the steps with enough distance between them for pre-wedding-Sukhi to sit and just smile at each other.. *sigh* How freaking adorable! THANK YOU to who ever is incharge of making sure that this did not turn into a lust-and-hormone-filled stare session! It managed to retain its innocence and I just loved it! Reminds me of a simpler, more innocent time when it was just enough to sit and share a moment instead of all the other crap.

AND! Anu! A new addition to the Ishq da Kalma song!!! I've been listening to Ishq da Kalma on repeat too so you can imagine how excited I was.

LOL! Bani is all upset k Sohum talks to everyone and their grandma with a smile on his face and bass isi k waqt he can't talk! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Yes Bani, please do tell how you don't care.. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Baki GM's calling Sohum "munda thori hai, Sohum hai" and Rajji's oh-so-innocent smile at Sohum while he was heading back.. LOL moments.. These were cute!

The episode had enough of cute/serious moments balance that this should have been a balanced enough episode but I think it is the way that those scenes were bunched that just made the second half a bit overwhelming for me. Pehley it was all smiles and then end mein it was just tears and guilt upon guilt! And of course, lets end it with a hot-headed "pind da munda" finally just getting his say while his dad isn't around and hurling a kid's toy over the wall.. *shakes head* *face palm* WHYYY? *frustrated sigh* I mean I know why.. I just wished he hadn't because now that just exacerbates the situation.. *sigh* But woh bhi kya karey.. The constant tanabaazi that his parents have to deal with must get on his nerves too. (Yes, this is basically how most of my discussions in my head go with respect to the GM-Nirvaal conflict. πŸ˜†)

I am definitely excited for tomorrow though because it seems like while today they showed how great an NRI-based life would be and set the basis for why GM will start to actively look for an NRI dulha, tomorrow they'll show us how everything may NOT always be sunshine and roses in this scenario using Rano's side of the story.. πŸ€”

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Fabbb post, FivrayπŸ‘   Hope you feel upto doing one everyday :-)

Agree with all the points you mentioned...

Sohum's dream really did have that innocent sweetness to it...honestly they've shown this sweet rustic charm to their interactions...and that neher *sigh* Sitting next to a fast flowing river...such picture perfect Punjab.

Chalo Sohum is a slightly refreshing take on a typical hero in some sense, nahin? LOL he has Bani so confuzzled over how he's all grouchy faced with her but so nice to everyone else...how is she to know that very fact proves how much she matters to him? haha...cute confusion.

But yes, the crux of the epi was the bit at Jassi's house...so TOUCHINGLY they depicted Gurbani's mom's state of mind...LOL ok correction, DESHO'S state of mind...I think her name is Desho...and Rajji's mom is Binder...

Anyways back to Desho...you just so FEEL the character's emotions in that moment as she feels the pang of the life that COULD have been...at every level that point is made...when she sees Jassi's dad in such comfort that he has servants to work the fields for him and is relaxing himself...and Jassi herself seems to have the picture perfect life.

The best part to me was how this was all conveyed without making any of the characters BITCHY or CARICATURISH...they're all nice and REAL ppl with all sorts of shades...

I think that was a very touching moment when Binder also gets emotional watching Desho have a breakdown.

I think there is more to Nirvail's story about why he left Canada...also Binder herself seems to be from Canada...a woman who chose to LEAVE Canada and come and settle in the village? I'm curious to know their story.

Also tomorrow will hopefully bring more insight into Rano's story.

On a random note, the Aeroplane water tanks🀣...Such an AUTHENTIC Punjab touch...any Punjabi will instantly identify...lol...it's hilarious how ppl have this random obsession to have FUNKY water tankiesπŸ˜†
-Fivr- thumbnail
Originally posted by: AreYaar

Fabbb post, FivrayπŸ‘   Hope you feel upto doing one everyday :-)

Agree with all the points you mentioned...

Sohum's dream really did have that innocent sweetness to it...honestly they've shown this sweet rustic charm to their interactions...and that neher *sigh* Sitting next to a fast flowing river...such picture perfect Punjab.

That was such a beautiful sight yaar! And of course the city girl in me was freaking out k she will fall into it. πŸ˜† Although now that I think of it, I am definitely glad that NO such loss of balance happened because I am sure in other scenarios this would have been the perfect opportunity for a drenched trip-catch-stare scene! πŸ˜† I just loved the contrast between the fast flowing neher and the silent, still interaction they were having (in his dream) where they were literally just SITTING. And smiling.. *sigh* So cute these two are.. πŸ˜†

Chalo Sohum is a slightly refreshing take on a typical hero in some sense, nahin? LOL he has Bani so confuzzled over how he's all grouchy faced with her but so nice to everyone else...how is she to know that very fact proves how much she matters to him? haha...cute confusion.

Isn't this also an interesting way to show the young philosophy of "if he hits on the playground, he likes you" deal? πŸ˜†And Sohum is a VERY refreshing take on a MANLY hero. I mean for all intents and purposes this guys is a pure Punjabi munda like you said therefore he could honestly get away with far more things in the name of "machoness" than other heroes do. But the fact that they DON'T rely on those cliches and just let him be REAL and relate-able just makes him that much more charming to me. So far we've only seen him from a far but I really want to know more about this guy and who he is and what he thinks. So far all we know about him has been through Bani or that brief moment with his friend on the tractor but we haven't seen him outside of that and I really want to see HIM as a person now and not just him with Bani.. Even though that is pretty cute to watch. πŸ˜†

But yes, the crux of the epi was the bit at Jassi's house...so TOUCHINGLY they depicted Gurbani's mom's state of mind...LOL ok correction, DESHO'S state of mind...I think her name is Desho...and Rajji's mom is Binder...

DESHO!!!! *aha moment* Akhir dhoondh hi liya naam apne! I can never remember this names when I hear them.. *shakes head*

Anyways back to Desho...you just so FEEL the character's emotions in that moment as she feels the pang of the life that COULD have been...at every level that point is made...when she sees Jassi's dad in such comfort that he has servants to work the fields for him and is relaxing himself...and Jassi herself seems to have the picture perfect life.

The best part to me was how this was all conveyed without making any of the characters BITCHY or CARICATURISH...they're all nice and REAL ppl with all sorts of shades...

WORD! Not once do I ever feel that something being done by someone is OTT. It is all pretty normal and something I would see regular people do. Their resentment is real too and their concern is sincere. They're just flawed human beings but they ARE human beings. Not some one dimensional caricature on paper.. Which is why, like you said, we connected with them so quickly. I mean I even let Desho send me on a guilt trip for something her FICTIONAL devar did. Go figure! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I think that was a very touching moment when Binder also gets emotional watching Desho have a breakdown.

I can't figure out if she was genuinely crying because she was sad at watching Desho being sad because of her and her husband's choices.. Or if she just did it as a tactical move to keep the ladies from asking too many questions. I would like to think it was the former that just ended up serving as the latter due to her fast thinking but I don't know.. What do you think? πŸ€”

I think there is more to Nirvail's story about why he left Canada...also Binder herself seems to be from Canada...a woman who chose to LEAVE Canada and come and settle in the village? I'm curious to know their story.

Also tomorrow will hopefully bring more insight into Rano's story.

I'm curious to see other people and their stories now.. I sort of GET Desho's resentment now and her point of view. I get the fight. I get it.. Now I want to see other characters and their stories.. You know? πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

On a random note, the Aeroplane water tanks🀣...Such an AUTHENTIC Punjab touch...any Punjabi will instantly identify...lol...it's hilarious how ppl have this random obsession to have FUNKY water tankiesπŸ˜†

Wait.. Hold on.. That was a WATER TANK?!?!? I thought that was like an aviation/air force building with an airplane on it as a landmark or something.. Bwaaahahahahahhahahahaha!! Yeh lo! I thought it was a Punjabi landmark or something.. Some important building.. Didn't know it was a water tank for a HOUSE! 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

What other random water tankies are there?? Now I am just curious! 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Fivr-

I just loved the contrast between the fast flowing neher and the silent, still interaction they were having (in his dream) where they were literally just SITTING. And smiling.. *sigh* So cute these two are.. πŸ˜† Aww so sweetly put  :-)

I can't figure out if she was genuinely crying because she was sad at watching Desho being sad because of her and her husband's choices.. Or if she just did it as a tactical move to keep the ladies from asking too many questions. I would like to think it was the former that just ended up serving as the latter due to her fast thinking but I don't know.. What do you think? πŸ€” I think that is the explanation Bani gave to Rajji too...I think it was a mix of both...she probably did get emotional and understood why Desho was losing it so she deliberately cried loudly to draw the attention away before Desho totally collapsed.

Wait.. Hold on.. That was a WATER TANK?!?!? I thought that was like an aviation/air force building with an airplane on it as a landmark or something.. Bwaaahahahahahhahahahaha!! Yeh lo! I thought it was a Punjabi landmark or something.. Some important building.. Didn't know it was a water tank for a HOUSE! 🀣

What other random water tankies are there?? Now I am just curious! 🀣
LMAO yesss those are WATER TANKIES! Welcome to ARCHITECTURE, PUNJAB styleπŸ˜›πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...You'll see a ZILLION of these especially on the outskirts of the cities...the big houses made near the farmlands...apparently they are a "status" symbol...lol...ppl come up with such WEIRD shapes just to show off...This time on my trip I saw one in the shape of a man with a bullock cart...then ofcourse the FOOTBALL (soccer ball) is another BIG favorite...lol...I've also seen HORSES, Helicopters, Lions...LOL ppl give free reign to their imagination.

So yeah, that is what Desho is talking about in the precap...you might have noticed they showed an aeroplane water tank on top of Jassi's house too in today's epi...so I think that is what Desho is showing to Bani and telling her that she's gonna send her abroad and have a water tank on top of their house? LOL...or maybe just looking at that aeroplane fixture she was reminded of her usual NRI jaap...lol

-Fivr- thumbnail
Originally posted by: AreYaar

Wait.. Hold on.. That was a WATER TANK?!?!? I thought that was like an aviation/air force building with an airplane on it as a landmark or something.. Bwaaahahahahahhahahahaha!! Yeh lo! I thought it was a Punjabi landmark or something.. Some important building.. Didn't know it was a water tank for a HOUSE! 🀣

What other random water tankies are there?? Now I am just curious! 🀣
LMAO yesss those are WATER TANKIES! Welcome to ARCHITECTURE, PUNJAB styleπŸ˜›πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...You'll see a ZILLION of these especially on the outskirts of the cities...the big houses made near the farmlands...apparently they are a "status" symbol...lol...ppl come up with such WEIRD shapes just to show off...This time on my trip I saw one in the shape of a man with a bullock cart...then ofcourse the FOOTBALL (soccer ball) is another BIG favorite...lol...I've also seen HORSES, Helicopters, Lions...LOL ppl give free reign to their imagination.

So yeah, that is what Desho is talking about in the precap...you might have noticed they showed an aeroplane water tank on top of Jassi's house too in today's epi...so I think that is what Desho is showing to Bani and telling her that she's gonna send her abroad and have a water tank on top of their house? LOL...or maybe just looking at that aeroplane fixture she was reminded of her usual NRI jaap...lol

LOL!!!  Status symbol!?!!! Nahi yaar! Sachi mein?! Dude that sounds like SO much fun! 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣 How big are these things in general? I'm guessing they'll have to be as big as a room to hold enough water.. LOL! This is just hillarious!

OHH!!! So that is what that was!! Now I am curious to know how that aeroplane wali tanki fits in to tomorrow's discussion. I'm pretty sure that that tanki was probably up on their house before and had to be taken down for some reason or another caused by Nirvaal's return and so now she is dreaming to have it put back up once Bani gets married. Lol!

Waise I've been listening to the Ishq da Kalma song nonstop too and tell me something.. "Lau" means flame/fire right? Because I was listening to the "Rab ne jo lau lagayi, us mein to doobh ja" and I just love the transition from "flame" (if that is what it is indeed.. πŸ˜†) to "drowning" which is something that you do in water.. I love the play on words and this merging of elements jaise to imply that love is all encompassing and transcends all worldly laws.

AreYaar thumbnail
LOL nahin they aren't that big...about the size of a storage pod maybe...a tanky is filled multiple times in a day wahaan pe.

Oh good point...yeah she probably might have taken down the tanky when Nirvail returned empty handed from Canada...Waise toh fixtures bhi lagaa lete hain log upar.

Re: Ishq da kalma...yep lau means flame...and aww what a lovely interpretation...I never realized it but yes that is a lovely transition and such depth in meaning :-)

There were new lyrics in today's paragraph naa? I still haven't listened to them carefully...will check em out again.
Edited by AreYaar - 11 years ago
-Fivr- thumbnail
^ There were new lyrics but I'm waiting for an audio file that I can download and then listen. I watched it from a broken up video toh I am just hoping it gets uploaded and then I'll probably rattafy it also like I did the other two.. πŸ˜†
Swetha-Sai thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

stelara thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
wow...brilliiant analysis Fivr πŸ‘
-Fivr- thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.