Tamil Other Serials

Thirumathi Selvam - the ending

Karthikka thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Just to let you all know.

The outcry at the ending of the TMS was something phenomenal (perhaps this is what Kumaran and the Vikatan Team intended). Many were filled with anger and messages were foul, furious and filthy. I think only a handful (me included) who were not terribly upset over the ending - mainly, because I think we all have a life. πŸ˜† Amongst the objections were : there is no connection between the title and the ending - Archana is now Mrs. Karuna Kumar, not TMS, that the actual TMS is Nandhini so sodappal (😲 - evala deep-a yoshitu analyse pannirikanga ), Selvam and Archana should be reunited πŸ€’, if Vasu can be forgiven, why not Selvam?, Archana is no better than Nandhini because she is getting together with KK πŸ˜‘ (as if women cannot and should not remarry).

This led the Vikatan TV team to post a comment:

Through this comment,we clarify that it has never been depicted Archana accepting? Karunai Kumar.She has only rejected Selvam,and the future decision is left open to her-staying unmarried all life with Vasu-Revathi,Poongavanam and her kid,or any? other decision of her wish,but not Selvam for he was unpardonable.As regards the title,Archana has lived all the episodes of this series as Thirumathi Selvam barring the last? 2,and the story shows how she outgrows that title.

Team Vikatan

I like the explanation but I think they went about it the wrong way. One minute Vasu, Revathy and Poongavanam are persuading her to marry KK. Then she takes her child from Revathy and all three are smiling so of course the viewer would conclude that she has accepted their suggestion.

Viewers were still not happy despite that clarification. Idiots! Get a life. πŸ˜‘

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rojapoooo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Agreed Karthi just goes to show that this sadistic director can not imagine a woman being alone with her child !!! And that ambiguity !!! Just one word from Archu telling that clowning crowd that she will think about it and right now it is just she and her child would have been better, eh? Selvam and Archu back together?? No kidding !! Which sick mind would think like that ?? They want a typical Bharath nari?? Ask them to go and fly a kite !!! 
Karthikka thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I think it was the ambiguity...which is not really when you think about it...the director missed a chance when he ended it without Archana saying anything. It was a golden opportunity.

Akka, when I argued against these clowns who said that both of them should get back together,  they asked me how much Vikatan TV paid me. πŸ˜†
riyya6 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Karthikka

Just to let you all know.

The outcry at the ending of the TMS was something phenomenal (perhaps this is what Kumaran and the Vikatan Team intended). Many were filled with anger and messages were foul, furious and filthy. I think only a handful (me included) who were not terribly upset over the ending - mainly, because I think we all have a life. πŸ˜† Amongst the objections were : there is no connection between the title and the ending - Archana is now Mrs. Karuna Kumar, not TMS, that the actual TMS is Nandhini so sodappal (😲 - evala deep-a yoshitu analyse pannirikanga ), Selvam and Archana should be reunited πŸ€’, if Vasu can be forgiven, why not Selvam?, Archana is no better than Nandhini because she is getting together with KK πŸ˜‘ (as if women cannot and should not remarry).

This led the Vikatan TV team to post a comment:

Through this comment,we clarify that it has never been depicted Archana accepting? Karunai Kumar.She has only rejected Selvam,and the future decision is left open to her-staying unmarried all life with Vasu-Revathi,Poongavanam and her kid,or any? other decision of her wish,but not Selvam for he was unpardonable.As regards the title,Archana has lived all the episodes of this series as Thirumathi Selvam barring the last? 2,and the story shows how she outgrows that title.

Team Vikatan

I like the explanation but I think they went about it the wrong way. One minute Vasu, Revathy and Poongavanam are persuading her to marry KK. Then she takes her child from Revathy and all three are smiling so of course the viewer would conclude that she has accepted their suggestion.

Viewers were still not happy despite that clarification. Idiots! Get a life. πŸ˜‘

Shocked
riyya6 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
i usually read the updates.. but for the 1st time i actually watched the ending of Tirumathi Selvam...the ending was good with archana giving back to Selvam... That was a nice touch... but why of why they need to link her up with another guy (dunno his name)... using the child... that was not really good, im not saying archana should not remarry but she can remarry when she feels so not because that she wants a dad for her son, n listening to others...

That part even though the director left it open, but most of the viewes thought she agreed for the marriage... one of it was my mum... πŸ˜†...

Selvam without any one at the end remembering old times... was a nice touch but kind of drag... but i like him sufferingπŸ˜†

Edited by riyya6 - 11 years ago
maha2us thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Definitely the director could have shown Archana marrying KK. But I have to accept it was not shown Archana marrying KK. Only Selvam was rejected. I have a question in this case. This is what we commonly see in the serials. While we see whenever wife leaves a man or if he becomes a widower, he gets remarried again. But if a woman has to divorce because her husband was cruel to her, she is not marrying again even though she comes across a nice man who accepts to take care of her. This was shown in Kolangal. Somehow I believe the director didn't have the guts to show that Archana married KK in the end. Why is it that, when a wife leaves a man he gets married again but a woman doesn't marry again? And in Thendral serial, both Laxman and Bhuvana left their spouses to marry. While Bhuvana's first husband MM married again, Laxman's first wife TPS didn't marry again. This meant Bhuvana became very much insecure and had to resort to unlawful ways. On the other hand, TPS when she decided  to join Laxman again he accepted her and also told Bhuvana also to live with him. This was painful to Bhuvana. The problem could not have happened if TPS had married again. And another result here is people tend to believe males can  stray and get away with that but females can't. Kannagi wouldn't have thought of marriage after Kovalan's death. But if Kannagi died before him, he would have married again. My question is: Why males get remarried easily but females are reluctant to do so? Is it true in real life? And is it just we see in the serials?