.FieryPhoenix. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
@ Mansi_Verma and @Kaya13: 
Thank u sooo much for ur invaluable comments. I really appreciate it!😃
medhahps thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Read this a couple of days back but then didnt have the time to comment...Would love to tell u that...It was Awesome :D really liked it alot...Can u PM me for ur next update please...
.FieryPhoenix. thumbnail

Originally posted by: medhahps

Read this a couple of days back but then didnt have the time to comment...Would love to tell u that...It was Awesome :D really liked it alot...Can u PM me for ur next update please...

Sure hon!! And thank u, ur comment is appreciated!!😊
.FieryPhoenix. thumbnail

Hey guys! The next part is up. Hope you will like it and as I always say don't forget to like and comment! : )

Part2: Dreams and nightmares

His front doorbell rang. Randeep, who was sleeping peacefully a minute ago, woke up with a start. He felt groggy and why shouldn't he? It was well after midnight. He rubbed his eyes and sneaked a look at the alarm clock. Yup, he was very much right, it was 2 in the morning.

It wasn't that he was not used to being woken up at odd hours of the day. But post Shahana's death, he had not been assigned to any case. As a result, he was catching up on his sleep. But apparently someone had plans to ruin his much needed slumber. And that irritated him a lot. However, on second thoughts, his cop mind raised a red flag and adrenaline kicked in. What if the person standing outside meant harm?

As that thought made home in his mind, he swiftly jumped off the bed and noiselessly pulled his service pistol from his drawer. Since Nani wasn't home, he did not enter her room to check on her. Rather he continued his silent walk to the door.

The doorbell rang relentlessly which made him all the more dubious about the purpose of the person standing outside. Could it really be some god forbid criminal? Well, that was yet to be seen.   

He almost reached the door. Peeping through the hole, he tried to see the person standing outside. But it was very dark and he couldn't see anything. He counted three in his mind but as soon as he opened the door, two arms wrapped around him. It was so unexpected that he almost toppled on the floor. It took him a moment to realize that the 'visitor' was none other than Rashmi, wearing blue butterfly PJs and yellow slippers.

Rashmi? His earlier irritation was soon replaced with concern. "Rashmi, what are you doing here? Is everything okay?"

But his worried stance was met by a tearful choking and a slap on his arm, yes, a slap. "Why were you not picking your phone? Why was it 'switched off'? Do you know I have been trying to call you since two hours?" she ranted.

Randeep was befuddled. Did she come to see him because he was not picking his phone?

"Rashmi, calm down. Tell me, what's the matter?" he asked as gently as possible, ushering her inside. He switched the lights on in the way and shoved his pistol aside. After all he didn't want to spook her than she already was.

Rashmi wiped the tears and flumped on the sofa as he passed her a glass of water which she gulped down in a single go. As he sat beside her, she began, "I had this dream... this very terrible dream." She expected him to laugh at her or worse, to be mad at her but his expression turned somber and he indicated her to continue. So, she narrated her dream, teary eyed.

"It was a pleasant day. There were almost no clouds in the sky. A light breeze was blowing too. We were walking by the beach hand in hand. We were happy, contented, just you and me. And then, and then out of the blue, came Shahana. Without wasting another moment, she pulled her revolver and shot you... she shot you Randeep! There was so much blood, your blood but you just died in front of my eyes before I could do anything." In the end, Rashmi broke down into sobs and buried her head deep on Randeep's shoulder, the painful memory of the haunting dream etched in her mind.  

Randeep let her cry as he traced soothing circles on her back, constantly chanting, "Shh... it's okay" like a mantra. It was only when the sobs subsided that he pulled back and placing her hand on his heart spoke solemnly, "Rashmi, Shahana is gone. She isn't coming back. I am alive. See." The sound of his beating heart somewhat calmed her. He added, "Rashmi you need to forget the past, you need to move on. The Shahana chapter is closed and she is not coming back."

She nodded her head slightly. She knew that Randeep was right. She knew that it was over. But somehow, she could not get rid of the memories of her past. She tried very hard, but every time she closed her eyes, she would see Randeep's lifeless face floating in her vision. She drew in a deep breath. Eventually, her heartbeat slowed down and she breathed normally.

Now that she was feeling like herself again she noticed, actually noticed that Randeep was wearing nothing but his undershirt (black, might I mention) and white pajamas. His biceps and triceps which might have gone unnoticed in the past because of the kind of clothes that he wore made her realize that he actually had a very toned body. 'Sexy' was the only word which deemed fit. And his hair... she had no idea that he looked incredibly hot in ruffled hair. Strangely, she felt an inane desire to run her hands through it... She blushed at the sheer incongruity of the thought. Just some time back she was freaking worried about his whereabouts and now, she was finding him sexy in his undershirt? Wow, way to go girl.

Pulling her back from her embarrassing thoughts, Randeep said casually, "By the way, did I mention that you look cute in PJs?"

"And did I mention that you look sexy in undershirt?" She thought to herself and blushed some more. Just the mere thought of him in the undershirt made her stomach do back flips. A completely alien feeling gripped her. And she wondered if she was drunk or something or was it the aftermath of the exhaustion and worry, because she never felt the way she was feeling right now.

When she did not reply for a long time, Randeep raised his eyebrows at her. However, she met his questioning gaze with a kind of innocent look which suggested she had no idea what he was talking about. So, he simply shrugged as a healthy silence enveloped them. Call her crazy but she felt wonderful just sitting there beside him, relishing in the fact that he would always be there for her no matter what. She was pulled out of her reverie as the clock struck 3.

"Oh God, it's so late! I think I should go," she exclaimed, jumping on her feet.

But as soon as she turned, Randeep clasped her hand, "Rashmi, where are you going?"

"Why, my home!!"She retorted with surprise and confusion written all over her face.

By this time, Randeep stood up, his tall frame towering over hers. "Rashmi, it's 3 already."

"So?"

"So, you can stay here."

There is silence as she contemplated staying her but on second thoughts dismissed the idea.

"No, Bhabhi would be worrying about my whereabouts as soon as she will wake up in the morning."

Randeep pressed his forehead. "Perhaps it won't look right for a girl to stay at a guy's house at night. Especially considering that the guy was her boyfriend," he mused to himself. 

"Okay, I will drop you then. Just give me a minute." Saying thus, he entered his room while Rashmi waited for him.

"C'mon let's go," he called out, emerging out of his room wearing a maroon shirt and faded jeans. Even at such an hour he looked mesmerizing as always.

Soon, they were in his jeep, the Mumbai roads almost deserted in this hour.

"Sorry Randeep," Rashmi spoke abruptly.

Randeep jerked his head in her direction, wonderment clear in his expression.

"Sorry for disturbing you so late at night," she looked away, slightly embarrassed at herself for her childish behavior.

Randeep put his hand on hers as he replied, "Rashmi, it's perfectly okay. In fact I am touched that you came to see me just to make sure that I was okay."

"Perhaps, I am your boyfriend now so you have full right to disturb me whenever you feel like," he added with a wink.

Rashmi's cheeks reddened at the word 'boyfriend'. Well, it was true. The man sitting beside her was indeed hers and no one else's. She still marveled at the fact that he loved her as much as she did.

Time flew fast and within minutes they reached her house. Rashmi jumped from his jeep and bidding him good night (or morning) walked towards her house.

Randeep looked at her, a smile creeping on his lips. He still could not believe that she came all the way to his house at 2 in the morning to check on him. But that was her, it was her way of expressing love though she never verbalized it.

He was so engrossed in her thoughts that he didn't realize that she had lurked back quietly to his jeep. He was about to start the engine when he felt something soft on his cheek. He jerked only to find out that it was Rashmi who was grinning at him. It was then that it struck him that she kissed him on his cheek. 

She leaned closer to him once more and whispered, "I love you".  But before Randeep could respond, she walked away as swiftly as she had come. Touching his cheek where she had kissed, Randeep sat grinning like an idiot at 3.20 am in the morning.

Edited by AlwaysLife19 - 11 years ago
Shivaanya thumbnail
Thanks for keeping d promise.Wonderful ya.
Infact frm d very beginning i loved d way u keep intact the chars described in d show itself.If i wish dat something dis should be dere in d show itself den i cant be considered as crazy.😉

.FieryPhoenix. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Randeepfan

Thanks for keeping d promise.Wonderful ya.

Infact frm d very beginning i loved d way u keep intact the chars described in d show itself.If i wish dat something dis should be dere in d show itself den i cant be considered as crazy.😉

Welcome dear. I am happy that u liked it. It means a lot 😊