Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke

|::|DOTW: Love Marriage ya Arranged Marriage|::|

MSN_Vanny thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

This is very simple, yet controversial discussion topic!!!! πŸ˜•

Since, in SSLK we have seen the implications of Love Marriages and Arranged Marriages, both, I would like to know what my fellow Mad-O-SSLKians think! πŸ˜‰

So guys, start sharing your opinions on either one or even, both!!!! Don't forget to give the advantages and disadvantages also! πŸ˜‰

Note: Personal experience is also acceptable in the discussion, but please, NO personal attacks! πŸ€“ πŸ˜³

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pepples_joy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hey fellow SSLKians..
I'm a blink-and-miss member here..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Anyways.. Jus wanna comment on DOTW ..

Here.. My vote goes to BOTH ,of course..!!
 First lets take...Umm.. (alphabetically )
Arranged Marriage..

Advantages..πŸ‘πŸΌ

1) Worked out traditionallyand followed ancestrally.. 
Examples from SSLK
Shail and DayalπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

2) In case something goes wrong, Blame the parents..!!! #yes, finally some1 to blame..😈

3) Arrey yaar.. Marriage in India..!! Need to say more..
We celelebrate as if there is no tomorrow.. THE BIG FAT INDIAN WEDDING..!!
Just Imagine..!!! Awww...

4) It would be like a fariy tale.. who knows?? Getting know a complete stanger and falling in love with him.. Everyday would be a mystry..πŸ˜‰

Disadvantages..πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

1) Chances for Less or no understanding between the couple..
2) No secret outings without parents knowlege.. Masti hai yaar..!!!

I really dont wanna add more disadv..

Love Marriage.. <3 <3

Advantages..πŸ‘πŸΌ

1) Works well for the modern life..
Example from SSLK
Sneha and AakashπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

2) Love in the air , of course...
3) Occasional eye locks , and bg musics...πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰
4) Better understandings..
5) Chance to understand their children's love (incase) too...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Disadvantages..πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

1) Parents objection and heartbreak in most of the cases..πŸ₯Ί

2) Too much love and understanding also hurts sometimes.. *ouch*

DisclaimerπŸ˜†πŸ˜†: I'm a 18 year old girl and I'M SINGLE...πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³ I don't have a lot of idea about all these.. Jus used my tiny weeny pea brain for writing this thng.. It may or may not be true.. So please ignore if it sounds like shit..!!!!πŸ˜’

Edited by pepples_joy - 11 years ago
-Eris- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
😈 My kind of topic Reserved!!!!
braich_gal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hmmm...I've seen excellent examples of both (in real and reel life) so I'll go with both...
arjunpurvixo thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
AHHH! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for the thread - I just love talking about my future and what could possibly happen 

So basically, I've been all for love marriage! How romantic would it be to stumble upon love in the most unexpected time? I've always been a hopeless romantic since I was a little girl πŸ˜³ Okay well I'm still considered to be a little girl, but oh well πŸ˜† I've seen so many amazing stories of love as well <3 I've always dreamt about having that kind of thing... getting butterflies on your wedding day, imagining the future with the one you love  

HOWEVER, I'm probably just trying to grow up too fast :( I haven't been successful in finding a right guy... πŸ˜­ Hopefully I get one too... hehe, is it weird that I pray to find my perfect guy? πŸ˜³

Then when it comes to arranged marriage, ahh - the concept to me was kinda weird when I first heard of it. Once again, I was really young and all. Then I found out that my parents had an arranged marriage and I found it really sweet that they still stayed together after all this time! That's amazing... falling in love after marriage? πŸ˜² That's so sweet... I'm probably going to end up having to go through this... I secretly want to have a love marriage though πŸ˜³ I'm okay with both, I guess. Depends on the guy for arranged marriage ;) I've been watching too much TV and the guys turn out CRAZY!

So either way, I'm a sucker for both πŸ˜›
tastahnin thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
arranged love marriageπŸ˜‰
HashiBoo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Well for me i ll chose Love marriage...  
But there is no way that you can gurentee that love marrage will work well or not ..It all depend on the people .. 

But Love marriage is better as you are the one who is going to live and as an adult you can choose the partner in your life.. Whatever the result is its your choice and you cant blame anyone  else. .. 

Love marriage is interesting as there are periods ..like Fall in love ..expressing it .. dating... proposing .. Then parents approval .. then wedding preparation .. wedding day .. and after that ...

But There may be a chance that the person who you loved before the marriage is not the same after the marriage ..there only problems starts but if love is strong, can handle most of the problems without affecting the relationship
poorvab thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
When i was young , i felt arranged marriage is the best as your parents decide and they'll decide the best for u ofcourse! but now, knowing this world better i feel, in todays time, people r so double faced, arranged marriages r like a gamble! people only show you what they want to show you, they never tell the entire truth, and its very hard(but not impossible) to find good people! 
and with love marriages, if given proper time to get to know each other and their families, it can be a very sweet relation, :) but it does have its own disadv too like inter-community problems etc
so i'm still confused :)  
flipfl0p thumbnail
Love marriage for the ones who can get. Arranged for those (like me), where nothing happens even after infinite sights. I don't consider first one are the lucky ones (though I did feel then). Sometimes, what we get is for our good. What we don't get is also is for our goodπŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Arranged marriage
Advantages: Less expectation from partner.
Disadvantages: Lavishness. I will digest, if it is once in a life time. But when it doesn't work, it just drains the family emotionally.

Love marriage
Advantages: Lesser chances of failure. Both partners know, they themselves are answerable to the society. So would take steps more responsibly.
Disadvantages : Higher expectation from the relation, disappointment.

Just a suggestion to younger friends who have not taken the plunge yet. Don't give too much consideration towards compatibility in relationships. Yes, it is a nice feeling if both the partners share same views and habits. But that does not guarantee success. End of the day there is no 100% or 0% match. It lies between 50 to 90. (Even identical twins grown in same atmosphere may not think identically in all situation. Show them a beautiful girl. One might feel her eyes are beautiful, other might find her lips to be sexy). In such a case, when two individuals from two different backgrounds meet, there is bound to be difference of opinions. How one resolve their differences (rather than how many views matched) is what constitutes success. A relationship can work out beautifully even if there is 60% match provided individuals are matured enough to accommodate each other feelings. On the contrary, even if there is 90% match, if people are uncompromising for the rest 10%, relationship can be doomed. I have seen pairs who have dated for years breaking up after few years of marriage. I have also seen pairs going strong where one is totally messy, another is totally fussy. (They rhyme, isn't it?) 😊

I don't know. I feel, common interest serves no point after certain years of marriage.πŸ˜• Nobody will discuss during dating, who will cook or who will wash the dishes. Unfortunately, these are the things which smile at us later.The ghazals we listened, the novels we read take the back seat. Work, house chores, kids home work ...all mundane tasks eats the top priority.😭😭 What works out at the end is not whether there was love before marriage or not. What is left after all these things.🀒 If there is  still one smile remaining, call it a success. 😊

In SSLK, Mayan-Charu story had a great potential. It was a pair everyone were against, at the begining. CVs could have turned their card and surprised viewers. Instead, they made Charu's character totally negative for the dramatic effects. Now, no scope left.
Edited by usrfan - 11 years ago
rnfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I don't know. I feel, common interest serves no point after certain years of marriage.πŸ˜• Nobody will discuss during dating, who will cook or who will wash the dishes. Unfortunately, these are the things which smile at us later.The ghazals we listened, the novels we read take the back seat. Work, house chores, kids home work ...all mundane tasks eats the top priority.😭😭 What works out at the end is not whether there was love before marriage or not. What is left after all these things.🀒 If there is  still one smile remaining, call it a success. 😊

[/QUOTE]

Well said. Agreed with everything you said. But the above is a very true factor which people rarely talks about. Good job in your above post.  πŸ‘ 
Edited by rnfan - 11 years ago