Master Chef Season 3

Why did the chefs pick Khuku

BullsEye777 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
During the 3 versus 3 contest, why did the chefs pick Khuku as the captain knowing that she would have to get the ingredients based on the list. Se had already told that she can't read, so it is not that they did not know. She was feeling so bad. I think the show  is trying to highlight Khuku and Yasmeen and how they are different from the others - how many times Yasmeen has already told about her troubles. All this looks so scripted. Yes, it is good to encourage these women but please don't make a joke out of them. I am sure that Khuku will also win some money like Yasmeen but neither will be Master Chef.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Woah! totally didnt know Khoku couldnt read. Now, it makes sense as to why Ishrat switched places with her. Its pretty obvious that they picked her for TRPs and sympathy factor. But SP/judges should know they come off as douches. 
avadvani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Khukhu looks like she cooks really well and is innovative. Her paneer dish shoed that but lets see how it plays out in the long run, only time will tell
Judges didnt selct the captains... all 6 contestants had to choose 1 bag which has either blue or red apron and one of the blue and red one 'captain' was written. so whoever got the apron with captain written on it was made the captain for that team.
I think it would have been disrespectful if chefs would have made someone else captain then Khoku even when she got the captain's apron...
when chefs came to know that she cant read ... they asked anyone from her team to switch places with her...
jyothi- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
So far  judges have appreciated Khukus dish let us see how it goes.
NoComments thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: SheetalAnshul

Judges didnt selct the captains... all 6 contestants had to choose 1 bag which has either blue or red apron and one of the blue and red one 'captain' was written. so whoever got the apron with captain written on it was made the captain for that team.

I think it would have been disrespectful if chefs would have made someone else captain then Khoku even when she got the captain's apron...
when chefs came to know that she cant read ... they asked anyone from her team to switch places with her...

Agreed - it was as it came from the Aprons pulled.. the judges did not decide anything
lotus8 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: avadvani

Khukhu looks like she cooks really well and is innovative. Her paneer dish shoed that but lets see how it plays out in the long run, only time will tell

how do we know it tasted good also. I tried to imagine the taste of red and yellow pepper with paneer and couldn't get a good sensory and taste connection. It was beautiful if it were to be eaten with eyes- and also don't forget the red team picked up these ingredients to give holi color to their dish. I don't like when judges go after a couple of contestants to make them win no matter how they win. The exchange would have been more competitive if both sides had been given similar ingredients and asked to switch in the middle to show culinary skills with half done dishes of the respective side. Its not that I hate/don't like certain contestants but I don't like illogical twists to gain trps.
Edited by lotus8 - 11 years ago