Posted: 11 years ago
* madhumitha - 4g (soumya, shuba, shailaja, devan) - SELECTED

beautiful modulation, I'm getting emotional - soumya

I want to come and hug u (hugs her) - mahathi
Pearl. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks Sri for the updates!

Looking forward to Vikram and Madhumita rendition.
bal75 thumbnail
Namitha - "Naa Jiya laage na"  What a song by Lata - from a brilliant movie.  Namitha, where was the soul?  And the "piya teri baanwari se" etc. were sounding MECHANICAL. 😔

Sonia - "Jhoom le hans bol" - MOST IMPRESSIVE, better than the rest.👏

Rohini - "Thaazh sadaiyum" - Struggling & sounding nasal in higher octaves.  Absolutely no clarity in lower octaves.

Sharath Santhosh - "Mitwa" - I can keep listening to it in an infinite loop !!  What a find - the voice behind it, SHAFQAT.  And what a composition by SEL.  His performance was much better than I expected.  Higher notes were brilliant but lower octaves need some working on.  COULD Not himself control those "Carnatic" touches !!

Sayeed - "Jab deep jale aana" -  HEAVENLY number by KJY.  Sayeed fell much below my expectation.  A BRIGHT song sounded very SOBER.   😔

Krishnan - "Athraanthare" - VERY GOOD and better than Sayeed's, Rohini's and Namita's.  Soul was intact despite feeble base voice.

Shenbagaraj - Padhaaro mhare des - With his voice, he can work wonders i.e. if he is good at technical aspects.  But alas !  Pronunciation was way off.

Saahil - "Teri deewani" - Unlike Soumya's comments, I thought the soul was present.  But he sounds very nasal sometimes and off-key at some.

Vignesh - "Allah Srirama" - Very unsteady & shaky totally. 

Niranjana - "Chandan sa badan" -  I thought she will sing that song during the entire show !!  Very dragging...She compressed all the high note-verses.

Poornima - "Enna thavam" The rap part was a good addition. I thought she was better than Rohini, Vignesh, Shenbagaraj and maybe even Sayeed.

Nirjari - "Sa virahe tava deena" - Okay.  Not good not bad.

Thhirupurasundari - "Bahara"  - Little bit disappointed.  Appealing voice, should be very good for some Hindi songs.  Pronunciation could be better.  High notes were quite unsteady.  But the soul was intact.

Vaishali - "Lag ja gale" -  Another gem by Lata.  Over-expressive(or too slow ??), good voice but very shaky in the ends of some verses.  

Vikram - "Shankara"  OMG, what a song!!  A GEM BY SPB !!   A bit disappointed.  Vikram's throat was very dry and struggling with high notes, breath and tempo.  But managed to finish the song.

Narayanan - Very good.  Lower octaves should be clear as well.  Some places in higher notes were too "SHARP".

Madhumitha - "Sajda" -  Unsteady lower notes.  Pronunciation (a common entity !!) could have been better.  The emotion was very good.

WEIRDLY, Ananth Vaidyanathan did not MENTION anything bad about Poornima's performance (Something fishy ??!!).  But he picked a lot of negatives with Vignesh, Shenbagaraj & Rohini and SENT THEM IN ???!!!!!  😲

To all those who sang Hindi songs --  P..L..E..A..S..E work on your pronunciation.  😭
Wonderfullife thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Again very good analysis bal..

WEIRDLY, Ananth Vaidyanathan did not MENTION anything bad about Poornima's performance (Something fishy ??!!).  But he picked a lot of negatives with Vignesh, Shenbagaraj & Rohini and SENT THEM IN ???!!!!!  😲

I completely agree with this..

mellisai thumbnail
4th april 2013

[missed first 10 mins]

* prabhu - WAIT LIST

base is strong, more training needed - devan

naan prabhu va paarkala - soumya

* soundharya - every night in my dreams - 5g - SELECTED

we were involved - shailaja

mellisai thumbnail