Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

ch109-113pg93, Updt,a road to salvation june 18

Saumya19 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Hi GUys so I had to open a new thread...and I am so sorry for the delays first holi and then other things
just hooked me up but I am back with huge lot of update hope you guys will like it. Let me know what you think.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter 61

Madhu picked up a few more tops, and another saree a very beautiful blue in color with even more beautiful gara work. They called it a day. RK asked Vasant to keep the bill ready in the morning. Back in the room Madhu was still very excited by her day to sleep off.

She wanted to talk to someone, she did not know to whom. For the first time in her life she needed a friend. She never felt this unsure about anything in her life before but right now she was so not certain about anything. When she had married RK she was certain that she had a tough nut and the only way to deal with it would be to leave it alone. Now this tough nut turned out to be just a big dollop of frozen butter or may be not. Rishabh was fast asleep already. Madhu kept staring at him, but when this did not seemed to help she rested her head back at the headboard. It had been such a wonderful day for her that she felt nervous. She remembered when one of Malik's neice was getting married 2 years back, she had been all jam and jelly about it. Madhu was quite not able to understand her back then but today was different. Could it be that there was some hope in her marriage? Could it be that they could atleast live in cammeredrie if not love? She was not a romanticist and knew that the concept of true love existed in books and stories. She would be blessed if she just got companionship and loyalty in this relationship. She glanced at him again. He had small drops of sweat shining through his hair, it brought it to her attention there was no A.C. in the room and the fan was just that a fan. She had an intrinsic urge to ease out his discomfort. She got up to open those huge glass doors leading to the terrace. It sent in a huge blast of cool air inside, AC was really of no use here. She stepped out on to the sandstone terrace railed in with a beautiful balusterade on all three sides. It was a beautiful moonlit night, the light of the moon was shining on her gossamer silk gown that she wore for the first time. It was all so fairytale like that she closed her eyes hard and counted till ten before opening it again. It was all still there. She pinched herself, it did hurt. It had to be real or probably she wanted this to be real. She was about to go back inside all feeling happy when she heard some movement around the far corner of the terrace. She turned briskly and saw a rabbit again and it was sniffing its way into the room. Oh no!!! she exclaimed and ran to pick him up before it chose to sleep with RK. She brought it out with her and sat down on the swing with it. "Okay so if you can get in then can some others of your kind, snakes, rats, mongoose and cats, but how did you get in" she got up to lean on the railing and noticed they were on ground level " silly me, we are at the same level as you, now I know why RK kept the doors closed. Koi baat nahi, payback time bunny, lets sit here and watch over him." she settled in the rocking chair next to the bed. " tell me don't you think he looks cute while asleep," she again addressed the bunny in her hands but he was fast asleep too. No one remains unaffected by a warm and caring touch. Such is power of love.

Madhu spent nearly the entire night rocking the rabbit in his sleep and caressing it. It was just 4:30 am when early signs of dawn were visible. Breathtaking was the view, " mr bunny I think you should wake up and go, your mrs bunny would be waiting for you , you are already guilty of sleeping with another female, better go or you wont be allowed in the house." She whispered to the rabbit.  He did not need any further nudging and he jumped and lept out of the terrace. The sky was a beautiful shade of orange, the color of sacrifice. How funny it was that as the day progressed, the sky changed its color from orange, golden, white, red and then black. "So I am thinking like a writer, Mr. Rishabh Kundra you may or may not have an impact on me but your artistic sensibilities are surly closing in on me" she again said to herself. She went to take a shower and get ready. She could never recall when dressing up was this exciting. " Money maters." When she came out with her hair wrapped in a towel, RK was no where to be seen. It was just 5 :15 am, he never woke up so early, atleast she had never seen him rise so early. She came out to go look for him, but the entire house was bustling with activity. It appeared as if she was late, so much for not sleeping all night and giving herself a pat for getting up early.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''..

Edited by mytinypaintings - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Saumya19 thumbnail
Chapter 62

RK was sitting on the cot and sipping his tea with Vasant. Madhu smilled at her, Belama came to ask if she would take her tea or would go to the temple first.

"Mandir?? Kuch hai kya aaj Belama. Jugni mera phone la do andar se." Madhu said.

RK was looking pretty grumpy and Madhu knew Vasant was the reason. She was looking even more conceited today, RK indicated Madhu to sit on the cot with him. His look demanded no contest and she was too happy to start a brawl right in the morning so she obliged. Jugni brought her phone, and she called back home.

"Good morning Sir, I had received a call from Arjun late at night sir. He has nabbed two more mid level peddlars yesterday, with 1 kg of charas and some ammunition. He wanted their jurisdiction to be handed over to Anti terror squad, He will be coming home around 6 Hrs to give you the report. " Said Madhu to MR. Kundra sr.

"I will look into the transfer of jurisdiction, when are you people coming back?"

" I will ask Rishabh and let you …"

"Arround 12:00 PM we will be there" Rishabh as usual cut her in between.

"Okay, Radha wants to talk to you" said Mr. Kundra

"Good morning Ma, Belama said today was some Mauni Amavasya and you did some special pooja today."

" yes beta but I do it in the evening on the beach. It is actually a vrat for the general well being of the family, nothing specific. It is kind of personal choice. When are you coming back?"

"By twelve, are you fasting Today?"

"Yes I always do on this day."said Radha

"What time do you do the pooja….."

At sunset" said RK again inerupting in between.

Radha heard his voice and felt elated to know that Rishabh was interested in their talk and even remembered her annual ritual. Radha had been doing it for past 10 years but neither Rishabh and nor Mr. Kundra had ever joined her.

"I don't think…."

"No you cannot fast, but we will be there much before time and if you want you can join in the pooja." Rishabh again interrupted.

"Ma I will be there with you very soon" and she finished the call.

"Rishabh what is wrong with you?? Why do you keep interrupting in between??" she asked.

"Tum soyi nahi saari raat? Pehra de rahi thi Bahadur??"

"What?" Madhu asked surprised.

"when I woke up the room was pretty cool meant the windows were open whole night, there were no animals sleeping in with me, further means that someone kept the watch."

"Belama," she screamed "Chai"

Belama came with a cup of tea. Madhu took it with a thanks.

"we will drive back home as soon as you get ready" she said to RK

"Actually RK I needed a favor, I came here with a friend yesterday and now I need a ride back home.I thought if you could drop me" RK looked at her as if two horns had appeared on her head. He had just opened his mouth and Madhu knew he was going to be really nasty, so she iinterupted this time

"Arranging a ride back home for you is not a problem. I will do it right now. What time do you think you will be ready to go?"

"Biwi thoda zada ho gaya"

"Aisai lagta hai when you keep  pouncing in between."Madhu replied cheerfully.

RK got up to get ready and left vasant at Madhu's mercy.

"For how long have you known RK?" asked Vasant

Madhu shot her a a questioning glance. "No, I ask this because anyone who knows RK, knows not to mess with his temper."said Vasant again.

"What is the address that you want the car to drop you" Madhu placed her hand on Vasants shoulder and called someone.

"Assistant superintendent of Police Madhubala Rishabh Kundra this side. I need a pickup van for family as soon as possible. No emergency here just a pickup required."

Vasant was trying to remove madhu's hand from her shoulder but was stilled when she heared her designation.

"Get ready your pickup will be here. I am sure Rishabh must have settled the bills, if he has not I will make sure he does before you leave. I am thankfull for the efforts you had to put in to bring this amazing collection for me. I will always keep it close to my heart."Madhu was known as a lady of few words in the entire police circle.She left Vasant to herself. Vasant was too inexperienced to handle this kind of a person. She sank back in her chair.

Saumya19 thumbnail

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

chapter 3

Madhu came back in her room, a few minutes later RK also came out half drssed from the washroom. Madhu moved out to the terrace. RK joined her pretty soon.

"Biwi, I did not like it outside, the way you interrupted in between ….."

"Really!! I did not know you were interested in dropping her off to Pune. By all means please have fun. I have called for an extra van. I will drive home myself."

RK looked at her, she was looking at the distant clear skies. Her gaze was focused on to something. She did not look at RK, it was good enough to put him off to unbelievable extents. He said

"Ok, I have no doubts about your driving skills or about your pickup van's arrival. You may leave when ever every thing is in order." Madhu noded but did not look at him. She was still looking at the orange sun turning yellow very fast. Rishabh left her on the terrace.

She went out to the backside of the farm, did not want to see Rishabh or Vasant leaving together. She had asked Rajni to inform her when Vasant and RK left and when her pickup van arrived. Not that she had anything against Vasant, in all honesty vasant never even existed in her mind. What really bothered her was her inability to stay distant with RK as she had resolved. She disliked the way she was being pulled towards him moreover she could do nothing about it. Madhubala was not used to this little thing called heart and then it was getting out of her hands.

She desparately wanted to run away from every thing.

"Why could not her life for once be normal" she thought. The stables were right infront of her and she never even knew that walked all that distance. She took Jersey out and went with her for a short trot. She sat near the lake for an eternity probably thinking of various ways to keep her self aloof from RK. Jugni came there

"Bhabhi kab se dhoodh rahey hain, ekdam hiray gayi aap to. Wo to bh…"

"bhabhi since so long we were looking for you, you got lost. It was bh…."

"Kya hua Vasant gayi??"Asked Madhu?

"Haan Kabhi ki"

"Car aa gayi"asked Madhu

"Ji"

"chalo main aa rahi hoon." Said Madhu

Madhu sat for another five minutes comparing her ride back home and her ride to the farm. She resolved not to get involved in RK's antics anymore. Her relationship with him was there to stay for now atleast. She but would not let her self fall for him. She could bring herself to trust him, his temper, his arrogance, his charm all was getting on her nerves. There was no way out, she knew it but the best way to deal with it was to keep to herself. She rode back to the house to get ready to go back. When she came in her room she wanted to leave every single dress right here,but then she remembered her resolution. "No involvement on my part." She packed it up and came out to take her leave from Belama.

Belama was ready with Dahi shakkar but Madhu was not ready for Rishabh to join her. She was startled to see him standing next to her

"tum!!! Gaye nahi"

"Haan mai hi main hoon biwi aur jaiyein to kahan jayein?" said RK with his usual charm.

Madhu and RK took leave from Belama and left. Madhu was silence personified and RK was all chatter and twitter. He kept on talking about silly things to irritate Madhu, eventually Madhu had to give up

" why did you not go with her?"

"Yogiraj param shant Madhu bala ne poocha bhi to kya. Ishhh?"

"you love talking like that don't you?"

"Phir sawal….mana tumhari gadi hai, par ab kya police station hi bana dogi kya"

Madhu tried her best to stiffle her ear to ear smile but

"hasne mein bhi control yogiraj self control at all point of times …you must be an ardent disciple of Baba Ramdev."

She just jerked her head and said to her self "you are pushing me to limits Mr. Kundra, It is never going to be my way. I know"

"Did you say something? Yogiraj"

She continued her silent treatment though it took her every ounce of energy and resolution. She felt pretty tired by the time they reached home. Rishabh left her at the door and went with Bittuji to god knows where. It was an exhausting trip in every which way.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Saumya19 thumbnail
chapter 64

Madhu worked with Radhaji  to prepare everything for the evening pooja. Radhaji kept telling her

"It is nothing very prominent or celebrated worldwide beta. It is a very personal thing, you don't have to do this much of work." Radha ji was feeling overwhelmed, she had been all alone for a long long time in her fears , in her pain , in her prayers so much so that lonliness had become her companion. She never even wanted any one to share her time and space. She was seeing a subtle but definite change in Rishabh, but that was all she wanted Rishabh's happiness. Was that selfish because Rishabh's happiness rested on a girls shattered dreams. She did not have an answer to that. She did not want a thing for herself. She had become more of a machine and Madhu could see that. What Madhu failed to understand was how a man as affectionate as Mr. Mohan Kundra failed to connect with his own family. What an irony one who could sense the plight of his subordinates in there body language in an entirety never thought about his own son and wife. It was impossible to understand.

At nearly 4:00she again asked her MIL

"When is sir coming back, ma?"

"I don't know, I did not ask him. Kuch kaam tha kya"

"No is he not coming for the pooja?" asked Madhu

Radhaji took a deep breath and said again

"Madhu why don't you understand baby? He does not come, more over it is a very personal thing."

"you told me that but did you not say that it was for the welfare of the family? Had they been athiests I would have understood their not coming. RK starts and ends all his movies with a prayer. I don't remember sir skipping any of the police line's pooja festivities. Then why wont they come today, it is a personal thing you said, something very personal for all of us. I don't see a reason for them not coming. I am going to call them."

She picked up her cell to call them but Radhaji took it from her

"No , you are free not to come also. I don't want any kind of force to be used on them. It should be their choice when and if ever they come. They know the temple I go to and the time as well. Are you coming. You need to change in a saree if you are."

Madhu sulked but did n ot find it right to argue with her. She said "I do have a saree I will change and be back in a few mins" "wait I also have something for you" She ran back to her room and came back with the other saree she had picked up yesterday. "This see isn't it beautifull RK chose it for you, we had been shopping with his personal designer Vasant. It is all falled but I am not sure about the blouse."

Radha looked at her stunned, eyes all fogged up and throat choked. She cleared her throat and managed to utter

"really."

"yes" replied Madhu and left Radha to herself. She did say yes without the lapse of a minute but in her heart she knew, that she was lying and needed to justify it. "RK and me are not different, It is just one and the same thing. I am his wife simple as that. Itna bhi kya har baat sochti rehti hai Madhu " She went to change.

When at the temple for the first time Radhaji noticed that Madhu was wearing a very pretty sari and no jewellery to compliment it. The setting sun was shinning vividly at the small lake behind the temple. Radhaji gave Madhu her own bangles saying that

"I understand you don't wear any jewellery most of the days but when you come for any pooja you should wear it. Jaisa des waisa bhes" she smiled affectionately at her very beautiful and wonderful daughter inlaw. She was about to place the diya in the river when someone tapped on her right shoulder and came to stand next to her. It was her husband, it had been ages since they had shared anything together with hope and joy. All that was admist them was a silence really unnerving silence. Radhaji looked at Madhu to find out if she told her FIL about it.

"nope she did not tell me directly but when I asked her to come to the station for some work. She told me she was joining you for the pooja." Radhaji looked at her husband in despair

"I am sorry you were disturbed"

"lets finish this first." Said the IG. Madhu looked behind her to see if by any coincidence RK was also here but no he was not.

"Mane usko call kiya tha usne aane se mana kar diya hai" said Mr. Kundra again.

Madhu passed a smile and they finished doing the rituals. On their way back Mr. Kundra asked Madhu

"Tum akele aa jaogi ghar tak. Main Radha ke saath jaon?"

She noded, Mr. Kundra again said

"Madhu you are looking very pretty beta"

"Thanks dad" said Madhu

" I hope my son does not remains an idiot all his life" he again said

"I have very little hopes dad, family tradition, you see speaks not in favour of your hopes" She smiled wickedly.

Mr Kundra laughed and left. Madhu called Chetan to bring the car to the temple.

"Lesson learnt yeh poora ka poora khandhan sankiyon ka hai….kaun jaane kab kiski mohabbat jag jaye….oops…. bado ke bare mein aise nahi bolte Madhu. Never step out of the house without your own vehicle."

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Saumya19 thumbnail
chapter 65

She waited for chetan for nearly half an hour. Since he did not come she was about to call him again when she saw healthy number of people thronging on someone and other few running from the temple towards that throng. Her police mind warned her of something wrong. She got up and walked slowly towards the increasing circle of people. As she came closer she heard "RK ek photo idhar"

"OH no!! RK here Oh no!!this shouldnt be happening"

The crowd was swelling up really fast. Madhu knew she needed to tear in and pull him out but unfortunately Chetan was still not there. How would she run away. She some how managed to get into that circle and came closer to RK yet there were a considerable amount of people between them.

"EK ek minute suno to bhai let me go to the temple. You get your shots later I am not running away." RK said in a desparate tone.

Madhu by now was to the last few people that surrounded him. There was a little boy who was getting trompled between the crowd and RK saw him. he tried to scream at the top of his lungs but no one listened. Th boy had fallen down just then he saw Madhu making her way to him. He signed(gestures) to her about the child and asked her to fire in air. Madhu first went to RK's left side and took out her revolver and screamed.

"You guys take another step and I will shoot." Since people saw her revolver and her Id in her hand they took a step back. Mean while the temple gaurds were already there. She made her way to RK on her gun point, RK had taken that opportunity to pull the boy out of the crowd and to him. Madhu screamed

"Move back, the child cannot breathe. Where are the child's parents. He looks like 4 -5 years she picked him up. He was totally unconscious but was breathing. She again said

"Chetan Gadha pata nahi kahan reh gaya"

"wo I stopped him from coming here because Iwas coming. I met him on our gate" RK said sheepishly.

"we need to take him to the hospital, where are his parents."  The crowd now started showing concern. Many of them were looking for his parents, nowhere to be found.

Someone from the crowd came and told the rest that they were able to find the little boy's mother. The boy wake up from his shock and was pretty ecstatic to see him. He touched RK's face and shouted with joy

"aayi!! RK" 

RK rolled his eyes and heaved a sigh of relief.

"RK lets get out of here before it gets all crowded again." Said Madhu

"We should take him to the nearby clinic or something." Said RK

"He looks fine but yes that is a good thought" said Madhu. The boy's mother was with them now and Madhu whispered in her ears.

"We will run with the boy towards our car and you join us. Don't waste time. We want to take him to a doctor." The lady nodded. Within a blink both of them got up and ran towards there car. Once inside the car Madhu heaved a sigh of relief.

" what was that RK were you out of your mind getting out of the Car without any security."

"Relax Madhu"

"What relax Madhu!!, what if this boy would have got hurt seriously? Moreover you yourself were nearly trampled. What if something happened to you? You are telling me to relax when my husband was literally being trampled by hundreds of people arround"

As soon as she said those words out loud the gravity of the situation struck Madhu. It struck her how closely she was tied to this man. It was like a noose tightening on her throat. She wanted desparately to run away from RK, her fear of an empending betrayal from RK was so potent, that mere idea of being close to him and loosing her heart to him shook the hell out of her. She felt suffocated and she pulled the glass on her side of the window down. RK was sitting in front and looking intently at Madhu. He saw shadows of fear coming and going on Madhu's face, he felt something cracking in his heart. He had been very very upset at Madhu's silent treatment today but this outburst he was really loving it or more appropriately cherishing it. Only if he had known the real reason behind her shadows of fear,but then Madhu was concerned for him, even if in a twisted sort of a way.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Saumya19 thumbnail
chapter 66

They were at the hospital. Madhu had already called Chetan to wire the closest police station about the situation. She did not want RK getting involved in all this hospital thing. The boy was doing fine and nothing much was needed on their part.

"I will be back in a minute, you keep sitting here."  She told RK

" Yes Mam" RK was smiling like a cat who just by chance got hold of an entire can of milk. Chetan was already there.

" Madamji aap ghar jaiye Aunty ji chinta kar rahi thi. Main yahan sambhal loonga"

"Badi jaldi aa gay tum Chetan." Madhu was clearly upset. She was fishing for her pocket to get the valet out to give chetan some money. She recalled she was wearing a saree not her uniform. She hit her head in sheer frustration. She went to the car to get money from RK.

"2000 hain kya tumhare pass" she asked RK

"Itna paisa!! kya mahal khareedna hai kya" he said sarcastically and handed her his purse."

"I did not ask for this purse just wanted 2000."

"Then take your 2000 and return the rest to me. Simple??" replied RK with the biggest and brightest smile.

Even if out of dire necessity, it was the first time Madhu had asked something from him. He was feeling so like a normal husband.

"How much more time are they going to take." He asked Madhu, who was leaning on the door of the car. She was looking a little tired.

"Chetan manage kar lega, if you agree we can go." Replied Madhu

"Then lets go meditate somewhere better yogiraj, Hospitals freak me out." He said and that was a hard truth, hospitals did freak him out. There was so much associated with hospitals so far RK was concerned. When Madhu sat in the car next to RK this time, she started counting his fingers

"1,2,3. Three" she showed his three finger to him.

RK touched her head and said "Every thing alright here Yogiraj or probably you meditated more than required. So you are loosing some of the little that you had." He pointed towards her head.

"3 names in less than 21 days. On an average you give me a name every week. How about you stick to one. My personal favourite b.."

"Biwi??" interrupted RK again

"Bahadur" retorted Madhu back.

They were home and there little bickering came to an end.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

When RK got inside he saw his mom wearing the blue saree that Madhu had picked up yesterday.  He cloaked his reaction in an air of indifference, but he was touched by her thoughtfulness. Few in his circle would have cared for their spouse's parents and that said a lot about Madhu. Radhaji was looking beyond happy today, RK's dad too was pacing in the living room as soon as he saw RK appear

" what happened, who got hurt, why are guys so late??"

"He wanted to check if his fanfollowing is still intact or is it thinning out. So he chose to come out in open without any security. He and a little boy was literally trampled by the crowd.  Wo to accha hua…."

"Ki Mrs. Rishabh kundra cared to appear on the scene and oblige us" RK said all smiles to Madhu's comment.

"Rishu are you all right, is that boy all right? Madhu." Said Radhji coming towards RK

"If left to him then neither that boy nor he would have been fine." Said RK

"Stop behaving like a silly girl Madhubala!! Kya bachpana hai yeh" as usual it had to be MR IG. Who else could put the lid on to otherwise bubbling Madhu? RK was not only taken aback by his sudden show of temper on Madhu but also offended.

"Sorry sir" Madhu immediately pulled back. RK went to his room quite irritated. He actually did not understand why Madhu was always so submissive towards his dad. She is always giving it back to every one else under the sun but him.

He was taking of his shoes when Madhu entered behind him.

"Ma is saying to change and come for dinner"

"OK" said RK his irritation evident.

"look RK"….

"I am in no mood of looking anywhere, mam so please spare me the looks and the glares" RK somehow was never good at hiding his true self when it came to Madhu. Right from the day one he had been unable to understand what about Madhu brought out his real self int the forefront.

"Just listen to me once"

"Bolo" Said RK

"your dad tends not to take…. Umm…..I don't know how to say it but ….you see I am not good with words…."

"Then don't try using them, Silence and all, which you use to perfection"

"RK" Madhu came closer to him. He was still struggling with his knotted shoe lace or probably irritated vision. She sat down next to him on the floor. RK moved restlessly away and said" yeh baat baat mein neeche zameen pe kyoun baith jaati ho?" said RK

" why do you sit on the floor every now and then" said RK

"meri baat suno"

"Listen to me"

"aage bolne kya logi??"said RK

"what will you charge to continue talking"said RK

"Your dad is not very comfortable with talks that hint towards …death …or something like that even remotely. That is why he reacted the way he did just now"

RK now got hold of that knot and he pulled it loose, his shoe slided off easily. He did not say anything to Madhu but he did getup to change. Madhu heaved a sigh of relief. For now the clouds had drifted away. With RK it is not going to be easy atall, and then there is his family specially MR. Kundra whom she adore admires loves and idealises. God only knows which way will their story go.

Saumya19 thumbnail

chapter 67

Madhu's passport was back and they were travelling tomorrow 5th of February. RK's shoot was delayed by nearly 15 days. RK was getting concerned about this delay now. He was talking to his directors and producers over the phone. RK was acclaimed in the industry not only for his wonderful acting but also his professionalism, punctuality and passion for acting. For him work was worship. So he was trying to jot down a schedule where he could do double shift so that je may shoot his individual scenes and make up for the delay. He left his diary on the table and went to pack the last thing needed. Madhu was still struggling with the packing.

"Hows it coming along Bahadur"

"not coming along atall. I am so not good at all these house hold things. If I keep this kurta I miss that salwar. If I manage to keep both then I miss the dupatta."

She looked at him ruefully.

"call Rajni she will help you" she said while scritinising his schedule.

"yeah, I think I will"

RK nodded mechanically and went back to his phone. She went ahead to take help from Rajni to pack her stuff. She was mostly done, just needed a few more stuff to go in and it would all be done. Though she did have a few nightwears but the problem with them was that they were all designed by Vasant and were something that would hardly come in the category of being modest. Unfotunately all her tshirts were either dirty or grey and RK hated Grey color. So

"I can borrow some from him. I wont be wearing them all day after all just at nights."

So she went sifting through his closet. When she was coming back with a couple of his Tshirts she saw a pretty colorfull piece of fabric hanging from his topmost shelf. She pulled it down. It was beautiful pink and purple saree. It was not new. Infact it looked old, it was very nice and really beautifull, but definitely not new. What was it doing in his closet.

"Might be mom's, Rajni must have kept here by mistake"

She took it out and gave it to Rajni

"Probably by mistake you kept this in RK's closet,…" Madhu said to Rajni but she saw Rajni being drained of all the color from her face. She looked panicked and remembered, the last time about two years back when she had by mistake took this saree out thinking it was Radhaji's RK's temper had been beyond any control.

Had it not been for the more than wonderfull salary that she got in this house hold plus the numerous other perks, she would have left right then.

"BHabhi yeh madam ki nahi hai yeh chief ke hi closet mein rakhi rehti hai. Hum nahi jaante yeh kiski hai. Chief agar isko bahar dekh leinge to afat aa jayegi

RK chose exactly that time to enter in the room. Even before he could say anything Rajni was out of the room in a snap and had left the saree on the bed. RK saw the saree spread out there on his, no their bed.  It reminded him of his failures, of his cheap choices. RK had been in his room that day when Dipali had barged in, or better yet sneeked in, courtsey Aniket as girls were not allowed in the junior's hostel. She saw RK packing something in a gift bag. It was a saree for Dipali. Actually RK had bought anything for anyone for the first time. It had costed him 3500 rs that was 50 percent of the residency amount that he got every month. To him it was a pretty expensive saree. He was still holding it in his hands when dipali had seen it and the first thing she said

"yikes what is that??"

RK took a step or probably two back. This was unexpected.

"This is the ugliest saree I have ever come across. Where did you get it from? How much is it for? Whom did you get it for?"

RK felt something caught in his throat.

"is it that bad?"

"It looks cheap" she gloated

"It looks cheap??"

"yeah, who is it for?"

"Not for anyone you know" replied RK in a somber yet cheerfull tone. That condescending tone of Dipali rang in his head once again, scornful, ruthless and hurting. It had left a scar for ever on his heart. He threw everything connected with her away. He had kept this saree safe probably it was not connected to her that is why. Later he had felt specially attached to it, he never knew why. He had bought so many presents for his temporary flicks since then and all of them highly coveted and loved by them. Never had he since faced rejection. At this moment the fear of rejection at Madhu's hand overtook any other sensation or feeling. he sat down on the bed and

"Did you get it out"

"RK I did , but believe me I thought it was ma's saree and Rajni kept it here by mistake"

He got up with the saree in his hand and showed it to her, and said

"isn't it cheap" in a deep low tone.

"RK !!"

"Is it not the ugliest thing you have ever come across"

He kept on closing in towards her and she kept on backing away till she hit the wall.

"Bolo chup kyoun ho. Say it is cheap, not worth you wearing it. Speak it out loud." He threw the saree away and Pulled Madhu towards himself. Madhu tried to maintan a distance between them with a hand.

"Bolo, Dipali .."

"Madhu, Madhu ,Its me RK, Madhu." This name Dipali coursed through Madhu's entire being with such force that Madhu felt herself crashing. RK came back to his senses, he left Madhu and sat on the bed his head in his hands. Madhu collapsed on the ground. She had heard about RK's indiscretions but he had never given a name to them. She wanted to ask him who is Dipali and when Madhu wanted an answer she always confronted the question directly. She got up,

"RK who is Dipali?"

RK was not expecting this from her. He never felt she would be affected by anyone in his life. He wanted to avoid this whole scene.

"It is my past. Nothing you should be bothered about."

"It is definitely not your past RK, something that can rid you of your composure can not be your past. She is still very much present RK"

"I don't feel the need to talka bout it…."

"It is not about you, it is about me….who is she?"

"Getting jealous biwi." He gained his strength and wit back. He outlined the lock that framed Madhu's face with his index finger.

"Had it been any other time this act of yours would have made me blush and go all jelly legged but right now," she looked away from him and then went to pick that saree up and keep it back.

"Throw it away Biwi"

"It stays RK," Madhu said

"I said throw it away Biwi"

"Never" Madhu was insistent. RK was again  loosing his temper.

"Biwi don't mess with me"

"I am already in this mess heads down so I don't care about anything now. I am kepping it for ever. Do whatever you can"

RK tried to get the saree from her and in his attempt to pull it from her he also pulled her duppatta along. He had both the fabrics in his hand and Madhu looked at him sans any expression.

"Oh,no!! listen listen listen, it was a mistake. Seriously it was a mistake." He moved to her as quickly as possible to give her her dupatta back. Madhu was absolutely still and was not speaking.

"Mistake, I swear Mistake. You want to keep it" he pointed to the saree in  his hands " where to you want me to keep tell, your closet or mine, or better still lets take it with us" he was trying to pacify her and she was enjoying it thouroughly. He was trying to put that thing in the Madhu's bag, he felt something poking his left shoulder.

"who is Dipali?"

"Biwi let me put it straight, I will not talk about Dipali." He was as serious as he could get. "Whow she was,is none of your concerns. Can we meet her again? Yes we sure will and she is working with me in this movie."

"you said she was your past."

"Yes she is my past but she is still in this world, did I say she passed away. Look here Biwi I have been trying my best to sort out things between you and I. We already are in a mess lets not make it any more messier."

"How do I assure my self that it is only you and me in this mess?" asked Madhu

"You can choose what you want to believe, but I promise you, this mess can become as murky as possible, but as long as it is only you here with me I will not have anyone else but you."

She looked at him skeptically and then at the saree.

RK pulled her close to himself. Madhu did not resist, he traced the corners of her lips and looked into her cinnamon brown eyes as if seeking permission. When he saw no resistance there he bent his head down to kiss her. Her lips trembled and her body shivered. She brought her hands up to curl them around his shoulders.  A very gentle give and take that turned both of them into jam and jelly. RK really wanted this moment never to end but he reluctantly pulled himself away from her. She was still holding onto him.

He looked at the saree and said " you can keep it if you want. It is all yours and it has never been worn by any one else ever" He left Madhu to her own thoughts.

"Weird are the ways of the world Madhu, people assuring us of a fabrics virginity when they themselves have lost it. RK, I believe you, we will never have anyone else in this mess for I cannot share you." Madhu said to herself.

"Biwi  jealous of Dipali, Chalo anjaane hi sahi kuch to accha kaam kiya. Dipali thankyou for creating that dent in Madhu's Iron will that vasant could not. You at one point used me as a mere time pass. I will use you to bring my Biwi closer to me. Biwi jealous, two down eight more to go" RK smirked and left. They were to leave tomorrow.

Saumya19 thumbnail
so that is the last one for the day...and I hope you guys wont be all bored reading these many chapters in a go...let me know what you think❤️
DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
unres.
what that good or was that good?
I am over my fears, I finally trust this twisted man just enough to let him do what he wants. I am blown away by his little gesture of it was a mistake😳😳 Madhu is hard to please and he finally did it. My only nervous tingling is that little car scene where she felt he would break her heart. I would be in shock if you pulled a fast one on me and went revenge mode. I don't believe you to be that kind of a writer (don't take this as a challenge please, I am happy now).
Great work and this more than made up for the wait👏
Edited by iiDona - 11 years ago