Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah

Interview of Tapu-Bhavya Gandhi

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

Like Tappu, I am also a leader in real life - Bhavya Gandhi

Bhavya Gandhi

When Bhavya Gandhi had first auditioned for TMKOC (Neela Telefilms) he was rejected. He was determined to try on till he succeeded. He told Producer Asit Modi, "I will come up with a better performance." His actions matched his words. Indeed he churned out a stellar performance and deservingly bagged the role of Tappu.

Bhavya has been essaying the role of Tappu since the last five years. He has grown up from an innocent ten-year-old to a robust teenager on the sets. He is of the opinion, "I am so glad that I started acting from a young age. It made me mature at an early age. Had I been simply a student I would have not known about the ways of the world. Now, I know how to judge people and stay away from dubious ones."

Indeed his co-stars are like his family members now. He says, "Dilip Joshi and Disha Vakhani who play my on screen parents are like parents to me in real life. In fact, in many ways I seem to have taken after Dilip Sir. Disha Ma'am is as affectionate and caring like my real mom. Both my real grandparents are no more. Amit Bhatt who plays Champak Lal is like a grandfather to me. I feel that if my grandfather had been alive he would be just like him."

Wherever Bhavya goes, he is generally addressed as Tappu. Indeed the role has grown into him in many ways. He remarks, "Like Tappu I am a leader, can give instant answers and am well behaved with elders. However, unlike him I don't have a computerised mind."

When asked what Bhavya likes the best about Tappu, his reply is, "I like the fact that he is a courteous boy and solves all problems of his friends and society. Thanks to him, that the show has happy endings."

Bhavya claims that he has had no problems whatsoever juggling academics and shooting. His tuition teacher reports to the sets to teach him. "Thanks to Asit Modi that I can prepare well for my exams too. In fact he gave me a month's holiday to prepare for my Class X board exams."

This talented boy will be pursuing the Commerce stream in Class XI. He candidly admits, "Science is just not my cup of tea."

He is currently enjoying his vacation post his exams during which he is planning to learn musical instruments and act in plays. He can already play the guitar, drum and piano.

This wonder kid wants to both act and direct when he grows up. He is more inclined towards directing though. His icon is J D Majethia (actor/producer) who earned fame and recognition both as an actor and a top behind the lens professional.

He looks up to directors like Harshad Joshi, Dharmesh Mehta, Dheeraj Palsekhar and Malav Rajda with whom he works with in Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah. On a parting note he tells us, "I want to train under the good directors I have worked with and look up to."

Bhavya like most teenagers loves watching MTV. He is quite open to acting in the shows of the youth channels and participating on Bigg Boss.

We wish this multi-talented young lad all the best for both his studies and acting career.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rishabgosavi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for article and that's great ki tapu studies aur acting main concentrate karta hain but when will he return back in show
-Lakk- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for the article Manthan. And like tapu i have also taken commerce stream and i am also the biggest fan of tapu.
Kore-Soteira thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing the article, Manthan. it was a very nice read 😊.
I was shocked to know that he was rejected first time, but look now how tables have turned.
Jaymaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing article ..😊
Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks return to you all friends also & it's my humble duty.😛
yaqeen. thumbnail
t4s and he rocks as Tappu! 
CrazenRohit thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail
TFS. This boy is really talented
rishabgosavi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Yes bhavya is really talented and mujhe uski vo baal udane ki style bahut pasand hai guys