Views

Users

Frequent Posters

migan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Thanks Sri.

Looks interesting this week.

So the special chair selection is for each day looks like. In all 5 people will get double promotion. Also they have divided the 40 into 5 groups of 8 and each group perform each day. And one among the group will  get the simmasanam to be promoted.
jaysvimal thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Well Diwakar deserved to be there on the special chair for sure today.

Rohini sounded shreaky.. her voice and the song selection just did not tally each other. . 

Nirjari couldnt sing in high notes, the voice went sharp unnecessarily and cracked for the high notes. 

Parvathy was amazing.. much as I was disappointed, I agree the tempo and the stage presence/usage was better done by Diwakar when it came down to comparison when both got 4g..  the survival of the fittest.. 

Shirley was good on extempore energy.. Though I still don't understand why is everyone pushing on the contestants dancing.. Stage presence does not require dancing.. which suits some and doesnt suit some. 

Alagesan was good. His talent and learning ability at this age is definitely commendable. His rendition was better than few others for sure. 

Vikram was good. I like this guy's consistent performance right from the first rounds...

Rajagopalan was ok. This song was better sung by BalaSarangan before or even by Vikram in the earlier rounds.. His attempt felt a little kiddish.. not sure why. 

At the end of the day, it was a better and consistent singer on the chair. Though I still feel bad for Parvathy that she missed the direct top 30 entry by a very narrow difference. 

Edited by jaysvimal - 11 years ago
bal75 thumbnail
Rohini - "Durra dummunnu  " - AS USUAL, mostly off-key, off-breath, shaky & struggled at high notes.  So, u did not know that your "performance" could affect the song!!  And you think "your day will come", did u mean "the day of elimination"????  🤢

Diwakar - "Aadi maasa" - Fell short of my expectation.  He has to work on his lower notes.  But he did not "perform" that much to let his song sound pathetic.  Comparatively WAY better. 👏  

Nirjari - "Kammaakaraiyile" - Sounded like Rohini's sister !!  Totally off-key at high notes given that high notes & those touches are the HIGHLIGHTs of that song.  She "cried" in many places.  Judge Nithyashree was spot on with her comments.   🤢

Parvathy - "Mambo mamiya" - Very good.  And difficult to choose between her & Diwakar given both had problems with the base voice.  BUT well sung by both otherwise.  👏

Shirley - "bambaram doi" - Off-tempo & sounded "robotic".  Definitely not anywhere near Parvathy or Diwakar's renditions.  

Alagesan - "Ennaatha" - Totally NEW GENRE for him.  For his age, well, he sang well.  Did not sound off-key, surprisingly, given his age.  And the tempo was pretty good.  👍🏼

Vikram - "Devudaa devudaa" - His breath control is his strength.  But he tries to rely on it too much sometimes.  Some beautiful touches by SPB were missing.  But not near Parvathy's or Diwakar's.

Rajagopal - "Ballelakka" - Vikram's rendition in the audition level was MUCH better.  Struggled in those "sudu suduvena" etc. verses.  Again, SPB's melodious touches were ABSENT.  There is melody in that song despite its "fast" tempo.  That was totally missing.  But his attitude was like a new avatar.

DIWAKAR deserved it but Parvathy may have been put in another group.  Diwakar was better than Parvathy in 2 aspects:  tempo & emotion.  

I DO NOT LIKE this group system because 2 good ones stuck in the same group is unfair.  And this way Vijay TV can get rid of someone it does not want to stay.  Maybe that is the PLAN !! 😛

mellisai thumbnail
here's my views (ranked best to worst):

diwakar - great performance

parvathy - sweet voice, flowing .. maybe a little more attitude

= alagesan - good attempt, punch missing 

= vikram - good performance, expected a lot more from this song 

= shirley - good energy, tempo was off

rajagopal - great song, my favorite line "aala marathukku .. " was terrible

rohini - breathless, no flow

nirjari - too many glaring mistakes, flat 
Wonderfullife thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Nice analysis everyone..

Rohini was too bad this time too.. she has to be eliminated this week atleast..

Nirjari too struggled a lot , but she has given good performances in previous rounds..

I loved Diwakar and Parvathy's performances equally.. but diwakar was consistant through out.,

Vikram next shirley and then Alagesan sir my choice..

Rajagopal was not bad...
mellisai thumbnail
tuesday, 9th april 2013

* deepthi - aasa dosa appalam vadai (paramasivam) - SELECTED

3g (nithyashree, shubha, shailaja)

super, sangathi ellaam nalla vanthuthu - nithyashree

* srikanth - neruppe sikki mukki (vettaiyadu villaiyadu) - WAIT LISTED

2g / 2r (shailaja, nithyashree / soumya, devan)

modulation important, harsh aa irukku - soumya

* rizwan - ava enna enna (vaarnam aayiram) - SELECTED

3g (devan, nithyashree, soumya)

soulful singing, romba nalla irunthuthu - devan

* ganesh - oh aayiye (ayan) - SPECIAL SEAT

4g (devan, shailaja, somuya, nithyashree)

great voice, u sang with full open throat today - devan

Edited by ~*Thamizhan*~ - 11 years ago
mellisai thumbnail
* thirupura sundari - kumbida pona deivam (thirupachi) - SPECIAL SEAT

4g (devan, shubha, nithyashree, soumya)

super aa irukku, nothing else to add - shailaja

* vaishali - rahatulla (ghajni) - SELECTED

3g (devan, shubha, shailaja)

broke out of ur comfort zone - devan

* soundharya - karuppu perazhaga (kanchana) - WAIT LISTED

2g / 2r (shubha, soumya / shailaja, nithyashree)

good selection, coming out of ur shell - shailaja

Edited by ~*Thamizhan*~ - 11 years ago
mellisai thumbnail
* arvind - venam machan venam (oru kal oru kanadi) - 3g - SELECTED

nalla performance, concentrate on finishing - soumya

* thirupura sundari double promoted. 5 selected, 2 wait listed
jaysvimal thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Deepthi - Sangathis were good.. Oru folk and classical mix song madiri irundudu. She had a good voice but that didnt come out today.

Srikanth - was not up to the mark. Sounded pretty first roundish.. 

Rizwan - Was good. His attempts are always genuine and no hungama in his approach. I like him for his humble expressions just like Alagesan. These too definitely help to keep the show down to earth 

Ganesh - His singing was clean. Though at few points his high pitch sounded too loud. He was way better today than before.

Thirupura Sundari - She was nice and clear. there was clarity in her singing. I liked her fluctuations in voice for different male female singing. And the different Ornamentations were good as well. She kept the tempo high throughout. 

Vaishali - Was good. slight misses as she tried to end. I felt her finishes just didnt finish. I dont know why, but while i listened to her, I felt this time we dont really have very sweet voices or husky ones. But she did well for coming out of her comfort zone.

KR Soundarya - I dont know again.. I just didnt feel she was natural at all. Right from the beginning I have been thinking she puts up an artificial voice or even worse an artificial act. Today I thought her singing was like scribbling on a white board. 

Arvind - good delivery.  he was good with the emotions but again the finishes were not complete. 

TPS was good overall. Another right choice from the group that sang today. Waiting to hear her and Diwakar in the Top 30 podium... 

Edited by jaysvimal - 11 years ago
bal75 thumbnail
Deepthi Suresh - "Aasa dosa"  - WELL, what happened to the SHRUTHI, Deepthi ???  Off-key from the first.  High pitch - strained & struggling.

Srikkanth - "   " - Absolutely no dynamics.  Sounded like Folk song with a western beat !!  Technically OK.  Only in a couple of lines, did he try to give some dynamics to the song. (i.e. well into the charanam).

Rizwan - "Anjalai" - Good emotion.  Again no modulation.  But good to see that he is trying his best. 👍🏼

Ganesh - "O aayiye" -  WOW!!  But could have given it "little" bit more dynamics.  Bit off-tempo in some parts of the charanam - should avoid getting over-excited.  Deserved 4 greens FOR SURE. 👏

Thirupurasundari - "Kumbida pona" - BRILLIANT !!  Sounded a little like "Malathi" herself.  Bit rough when she sang the dialogue parts.👏

Vaishali - "Rahatulla" - Off-tempo & off-key in the charanam.  Pallavi was good.  Not near Ganesh's or Thirupu's renditions.

Soundharya - "Karuppu perazhagaa" - Has a tendency to "shout" in some places.  Bit off-key too.  Should learn how to "soften" her voice.

Aravind - "Venaam machaan" - Off-tempo.  Like Judge Soumya said he seems to be very "urgent" not to finish each verse before he starts the next.  In many parts, he was "reading" more than "singing".

Ganesh & Thirupurasundari PITTED AGAINST EACH OTHER in the SAME group.  This is EXACTLY what I said yesterday.  Unfair end to Ganesh.  😔