** SS4 : Week 10 : Apr 8 - Apr 12 ** - Page 3

Posted: 10 years ago
Wednesday April 10th 

Sai Shankar - Yethi Yethi Yethi - 3G - Selected
Liked his whistling :) - His energy was great. 3G - Selected

Vignesh R - Kanni theevu ponna - 3G - Selected
For sure he sang well. His stage dynamics was good.. He had a good breath control in spite of all the walks to the contestants and dancing with Narayanan. (liked MaKaPa's comedy)

Vyjayanthi - Ketta Payyan Ketta Payyan - 3G - Selected
She sang well.. but was loosing breath in high notes. Rap was pretty strong to be chosen as a song. I liked Vignesh better than her in this round. 

Sahil - Ennadi muniyamma - 3G - Selected
Cute :) This guy beats the language odds like they never exist. I love to hear his pronounciation which is no where like Udit who at times messes up the words.. He enjoyed the song. I liked Rafeeq's dance with him :) He built the tempo and maintained the energy. Shubha was right when she said his voice has a unique magic.

Sai Vignesh - Thirupathi vanda thiruppam - 4G - grabbed the Chair
Another heavy attempt to dance.. I felt Ananth sir was initially concerned he may lose breath if he danced heavy. But he managed flawlessly. I was thinking why they stopped with just 3 G, when Shailaja nudged Devan to give green as well :)

Mahitha - Kathadi pola yendi enna suthure - 2G 2R - Waitlisted
Nice tempo and good reach on high notes. but as Shailaja said, I couldnt hear few points on her song

Madhumitha - Madura Jilla machan daandi - 3G - Selected
The dancing of the other contestants at this point seem to have become monotonous :) But atleast thats in good sport. Madhu sang well. 

Swarag - Maasama - 2G 2R - Waitlisted
His voice is nice and melodious when he sings in the low pitch. It took so long to hear it than all his fierce attempts until now. Ellarum matha contestants kitta daan ponanga, he went and pulled all judges :) Konjam over acting la as Nithyashree said, just missed the seriousness of the whole round.

Sai Vignesh clearly won the seat by good vibes. Vignesh R came close. Mahitha was a big surprise let down today. 

Wait-listed Singers: 
Guess the waitlisted candidates until yesterday were only considered today by Ananth sir.

Rajagopalan - Selected
Today's performance was good

Srikanth Venkatesh - Eliminated 
[Looks like he gave up a job in Dubai for this. Bhavana asked if he had a chance to take it up again and wished him well to go and join in Dubai]

Nirjari - Selected
He asked her to love her basic voice. 

He selected Rohini between her and Soundary

Rohini - Selected. 
you are an artist. You are afraid of your voice. Potential to work on as a trainer is higher with you.

Soundarya - Eliminated. 
You have a spirit. Have to build the artistic sense. You had big pitching problems this week. 
Edited by jaysvimal - 10 years ago
thanks for the update jay.
they should have eliminated nirjari & rohini too. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I agree Sri.. Though Nirjari at least did well in or two rounds. Rohini has just not been there at all.. Anyway, I remember Ananth sir selecting Nirjari once before because of her Hindustani background.. Lets see what he does with the rest of the wait listed singers.. 
Sai Shankar - "Yethi yethi" - Off-key in many parts.  Good emotion & energy otherwise.  

Vignesh - "Kanni theevu ponna" - Slightly off-key.  Better than his previous round rendition.  I'd rate it better than Sai Shankar's rendition.

Vyjayanthi - "Ketta payyan" - RAP is not for everyone.  Anyone can attempt but there is a difference between attempt, bad rendition and good rendition.  Off-breath in many parts.

Saahil - "Ennadi muniyamma" - Agree with Jaysvimal.  The language does not seem to bother him.  Better than Vignesh's & Sai Shankar's or maybe even Vyjayanthi.  The "original" touches were not missing at all.  Every aspect of it was well-rendered.  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Sai Vignesh - "Thirupadhi vandha" - CLEAN SINGING yet again.  Keep it up, boy.  A little bit of "saadhagam" on the base voice and you will shine better.  ๐Ÿ‘

Mahitha - "Kaathaadi pola" - A bit off-key on high notes.  Otherwise, a good rendition.  MUCH better than her previous Hindi song rendition.  IMO, her rendition was WAY better than Sai Shankar's or Vignesh's.

Madhumitha - "Madurai jilla" - No clarity on lower notes.  Very good on medium-high notes.  I'd rate it equal to Mahitha's rendition. 

Swarag - "Maasama" - Saahils' TAMIL was WAY BETTER.  Off-key in the charanam.  Lower notes not clear.  High notes were the only saviour.

WELL DESERVED, SAI VIGNESH !!  

OMG, it should have been Nirjari or Rohini...WHY THE HECK was it Srikkanth / Soundharya ?????????  ๐Ÿ˜”   Why this group-splitting and CRAZY selection process based on the group?

SICKO, Vijay TV  ๐Ÿ˜ก   I may quit watching soon.  
Thanks Jay for the updates!

Totally upset with the elimination๐Ÿ˜•! They keep on giving excuses to Rohini who's singing is bad in all the weeks. Not even one week she was too good, were else Nijari was good couple of weeks. Selection is too Pathetic.

Coming to Sahil - What a performance. Yes as everyone said language is no barrier for him. Even when Rafiq came to dance, he did not miss even a beat and was perfect. Me too feel that he is far better in pronunciation compared to Udit. Udit kills Tamil words most of the time. And too to see him progress with no paper i  hand๐Ÿ‘.

Sai Vignesh - Too Good. Lower notes and higher notes were so clear. Way to go. He deserves this chair๐Ÿ‘.

Was not happy with Swarag at all... Too playful. Even his brother Jeyanth was more dedicated and sincere. Looks like Swarag came for fun. BTW nice to see Jeyanth today.

Sai Shankar and Mahitha were good - Not too good... Never lots of improvisation

Others fell below par today.
Thanks for the updates.

I agree Rohini should have been eliminated. She seems to get her way around.

Soundarya was OK not that great.

I really liked Aravind - He was so cute.

Agree on Swarag. Jeyant was much more dedicated. last week itself his song selection was awful.

Edited by migan - 10 years ago
OMG Rohini escaped again... she don't deserve to be in this level.. srikanth should have been still in competition..

My mom's favorite Sai vignesh.. deserving boy congrats ..

loved sahil's performance a lot..
Thursday April 11th 

RAMESH - Oorana Oorukkulla - 4 G - SELECTED - GRABBED THE CHAIR with the first performance of the day

Ramesh has a good music sense. I like his sincere approach to beat the odds. His voice is good to hear at all pitch levels and the pronounciation is good. Folk is his best genre. I still feel at least part of the contestants have not accepted him as part of the group. which showed when he danced alone and not one even got up for him. 

I felt sad when I read in some youtube comments that Soundarya (a repeat contestant of season 3 (T20)) passed some comments about him that he doesnt have access to ipod like technology to help him learn better because of his nature of work and he is always on the road and wont stand for long. I dont know in which situation she said that or even if it is true or not.. But I am seriously annoyed to see such talk coming up. I just hope it isn't her and this is not true. 

SHENBAGARAJ - Aadungada enna suthi - 3 G - SELECTED

He was good. Very good energy. It was nice to hear. Though there were some mistakes nothing did show up blatantly. 

KRISHNAN - Vennilave Velli velli nilave - 4 G - SELECTED - GRABBED THE CHAIR from Ramesh

He sang very well. His high notes were quite excellent. Made an amazing effect. It was all the same between Ramesh and him. Finally a slight difference uprooted Ramesh from his seat and set Krishnan there

RAFEEQUE - Valliye Chakkara valliye - 4 G - SELECTED - GRABBED THE CHAIR from Krishnan

A new dimension of this guy. He seems to have slowly broken his shell and now as open as possible on a stage. He used the stage very well. Shuba said he sang well than the original singer :) As Krishnan clearly said, Rafeeque's attitude was more open and impressive. Being friends, Krishnan cutely said, friend vandu kooda irunde kuli parichitan.

NAMITHA - Allegra Allegra - 3 G - SELECTED

She sang well. Its a tough group to be in today. The ornamentation she gave in the song was very nice. 

SAEED - One day mattum girlfriend aa nee variya - 4 G - SELECTED - GRABBED THE CHAIR from Rafeeque

He danced MJ's steps very nicely. He has a good but thin voice. But his variations were very well done. Not any slips at all in either the song or the dance. This day was turning out to be awesome. Everyone was fighting to be the better than the other.

SANJAY - Hey Vettrivela - 4 G - SELECTED - GRABBED THE CHAIR from Saeed
He sang very very well. His dance was impressive. He engaged everyone. Based on his consistency his performance overturned Saeed :) Wow! what a day! The chair has really been much used today.

PRADEEP - Madurai ku pogadhadi - 4 G - SELECTED - Finally one that did not replace the holder of the chair
His delivery as usual was very nice. The sangathis fall easily to him. Very easy reach on high notes. Sadly not enough to shake Sanjay from the hot seat

SANJAY made it to the Top 30. I guess its mainly due to his consistent never in danger zone performances through out.

Well, today was an interesting episode where all the 8 were right on top of their jobs. No playful and non-serious performances. And each of them were enjoyable. I liked the way the Chair kept going from one to the other. That's how a competition should be. 
Edited by jaysvimal - 10 years ago
Thanks Jay.

Sounds interesting today. That is the good competition.

Sanjay's voice tone little bit different may be masculine that's what grabs the attraction I guess. 

Over all good one today.
Thanks Jay for the beautiful update and comments!

Nice day to watch SS today. All sang pretty good today. I loved Ramesh and Syed singing today.