** SS4 : Week 10 : Apr 8 - Apr 12 ** - Page 4

Posted: 11 years ago
Awesome episode yest.. one after other excellent performances..
12/ 04/ 13 - fast songs

* niranjana - dang dang (manam kothi paravai) - WAIT LISTED

different song selection, very nice - devan

nalla voice, charanathila trouble irunthuthu - nithyashree

* ramnath - mambalama mambalam (pokiri) - SPECIAL CHAIR

nalla irukku, outstanding abinayam - soumya

* soundharya - thachuko thachuko (ponniyin selvan) - SPECIAL CHAIR

sil idathila very good - shailaja

* vishwanath - katcheri katcheri (katcheri aarambam) - WAIT LISTED

nalla irunthuthu, sila idathila vilunthudichu - soumya

* arvind - padichu parthen (pollathavan) - 4g - SELECTED

love ur tone, sruthi um pogala - soumya
* sharath santhosh - puli urumudhu (vettaikaran) - SPECIAL CHAIR

base la paadum pothum mela paadum pothum balance irukku - shailaja

* sonia - nee nadaswaram (azhagiya tamil magan) - 3g - SELECTED

sila idathila unfinished, sangathi was nice, beautiful range - soumya

* narayanan
- pacha manja (tamil padam) - 4g - SELECTED

* sharath double promoted to top 30

* soundarya, rafique & krishnan are also double promoted

* WAIT LISTED contestants

mahitha - SELECTED

vishwanath - ELIMINATED

Niranjana - SELECTED

Swarag - ELIMINATED

* 8 double promoted (no parvathy!? REALLY!?), 28 selected, 4 eliminated

that's all for tonight !!
Thats a surprising verdict Sri. They only said 5 seats on top 30.. I havent heard Soundarya yet.. Will listen to today's singing and come back on that... But Rafique and Krishnan double promotion! They sang really well.. but surprising to me.. coz.. yesterday Rafique uprooted Krishnan. And Saeed uprooted Rafigue. so why wasnt Saeed sent as well? 

Swarag, I did feel would have had a negative impact with all his playfulness. Doesnt surprise me.. Will watch the episode and come back with my comments too.. Thanks for the updates Sri. 
Thanks for the updates Sri..

looking forward to watch onscreen..

rafeeq , krishnan double promoted ..good choice..
But does Soundarya deserve double promotion ? 

many more good singers are there than soundarya..
I agree Krithika. She seems to be getting her way (I mean I know this place kind of attitude) at times. She wasn't the best last time and she isn't the best this time even. I think VTV is just promoting her because she is a known face with the recent T20 performance. They eliminated another last time Top10 contestant in the earlier round itself. Rafique and Krishnan were good. They were almost there and just missed because of Sanjay. But Soundarya sounds a wrong choice to me.. 

Ramesh - "Oorana Oorukulla" - WELL DONE.  👏

Shenbagaraj - "Aadungada enna" - Some obvious flaws.  

Krishnan - "Vennilave velli velli" - BRILLIANT.  Work on your base voice and u will be ultra awesome.  No flaws. 👏

Rafique - "Valliye" - WHAT A MAKEOVER !!  Both singing & personality.  KUDOS!!  No flaws again. 👏

Namitha - "Allegra" - Sounded childish.  Bit yelling at high notes.  Not at ease with that genre.

Sayeed - "1 day mattum" -  Good but not outstanding.  The energy & dance was excellent.  But Sayeed, focus on your singing.

Sanjay - WOW !!  Well-deserved for the chair.  👏

Pradeep - "Maduraiku pogaadhadi" - Good transformation to sing the current generation songs.  Sangadhi skills are commendable.  But the song did not have the "power" as the original rendered by Benny.  

BUT MY CHOICE for the top-30 are Rafique, Krishna & Sanjay.  I was angry at the judges for having given sour grapes to Rafique & Krishnan yesterday.  ALSO, I thought Sayeed was not as convincing as Krishnan or Rafique.

TODAY:

Niranjana - "Dung dung" - Good in the Pallavi but charanam off-key. 

Ramnath - "Mambazhama mambazham" - Very good but also slightly off-breath including a slip.

Soundarya - "Thaachuko" - Some parts were very good but some others were too sharp.  And a couple of places sounded like KBS voice.

Vishwanath - "Kacheri kacheri" - Very good except some flaws in the charanam.

Arvind - "Padichu paarthen" - I thought it was better than Soundarya's rendition. 👏

Sharath Santhosh - "Puli urumudhu" - Little bit breathless and slightly off-tempo.  I thought Soundarya & Arvind were better.  😕

Sonia - "Valaiyapatti" - Slightly off-key in the charanam.  I do not understand what happened to her - was it the "performance"?  😲  Disappointed.  FANTASTIC pallavi & touches.  

Narayanan - "Pachai manja" - Good emotion & tempo.  Bit shouting in high notes.  Off-key in some parts of charanam.

Today, everyone was good but no one was OUTSTANDING.

If going by today results alone, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ARAVIND for the top-30.  So, when considering consistency, aren't they considering that day's performance.  I love Sharath too but today he was breathless.

RAFIQUE, KRISHNAN are excellent, well-deserving contestants. Sayeed did not sing as good as Krishnan or Rafique.  I wondered how Sayeed replaced Rafique.

WHY THE HECK was Vishwanath ELIMINATED????  He was consistent too and according to Ananth Vaidyanathan's calculation he is an EXCELLENT candidate to be "trained".  So what was the basis for his rejection?  😡

And did Soundarya deserve to go to top-30 ???  

Today, Vishwanath was WAY BETTER than Narayanan.

Swarag was expected - he should focus on genres other than Western and should get SERIOUS enough.