Most memorable celeb lies

ForeverSHINee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

From Eddie and LeAnn's cheating denials to Lindsay's blame game, these are Hollywood's most memorable lies. See gallery

Let's be honest: Actors are basically professional liars. They make the big bucks pretending to be other people, so it's no surprise their own lives often seem like big performances too. While we won't judge anyone for telling a tiny white lie from time to time, it often seems like the biggest stars are the ones who tell the biggest lies. From Lindsay Lohan's blame game to Eddie and LeAnn's cheating denials, these are some of Hollywood's most memorable lies.

RELATED:Most expensive celeb engagement rings

Liar, Liar: LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian

Fib: The photos are fake!

When LeAnn made her acting debut in "Northern Lights," it wasn't her performance that made headlines. The then-married star was snapped kissing her married co-star Eddie Cibrian over an intimate dinner. Eddie flatly denied the affair, telling Access Hollywood, "It is a fabricated story that is using random snapshots as connective tissue to create a scandalous relationship." But the now-married couple have since come clean about their affair, with LeAnn admitting to People, "I did one of the most selfish things that I possibly could do, in hurting someone else. … I take responsibility for everything I've done."

Liar, Liar: Victoria Beckham

Fib: I swear they're real!

Posh has never fully admitted that plastic surgery is responsible for the noticeable increase in size that her bust underwent from the late '90s to the aughts, but she did accidentally let slip in a 2011 interview with Vogue UK that she had her implants removed, which explains how her bust shrank back down to its original size after the fashion designer became a mom. "No torpedo bazookas, either. Gone," she said during the interview. But when pressed by the interviewer to explain what she meant, Victoria caught herself and refused to elaborate further. Oops!

Liar, Liar: Kim Kardashian

Fib: What sex tape?

Back in 2007, Kim briefly romanced a pre-Mariah Nick Cannon, but the duo split when a certain sex tape featuring Kim and former beau Ray J became an overnight hit. "This was my issue: We talked about this tape, and she told me there was no tape," Nick said during an appearance on the "Howard Stern Show." "If she might have been honest with me, I might have tried to hold her down and be like 'That was before me' because she is a great girl. ... But the fact that she lied and told me that there was no tape, [I couldn't forgive]."

Liar, Liar: Britney Spears

Fib: I'm waiting till marriage.

We all know the truth now: She's not that innocent. But there was a time when Brit painted herself as the wholesome girl next-door who was waiting till marriage to cash in her V card. Ex-beau Justin Timberlake ended the illusion with a revealing "20/20" interview in November 2002. "It was two years into my relationship with Justin, and I thought he was the one -- but I was wrong," Britney told the August 2003 issue of W magazine of losing it to J.T. "I didn't think he was gonna go on Barbara Walters and sell me out."

Liar, Liar: Lindsay Lohan

Fib: It wasn't me!

When her Porsche collided with an 18-wheeler on California's Pacific Coast Highway on June 7, 2012, the troubled actress told police her assistant had been driving her car at the time of the accident. Not so! The Santa Monica Police later released a statement saying that "during the subsequent investigation, information was developed that Lohan was the driver of the Porsche when the accident occurred." LiLo was charged with three misdemeanors stemming from the accident -- including one count of providing false information to a police officer.

Liar, Liar: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie

Fib: Seriously, we're just friends.

Brad may go to the grave maintaining he never technically cheated on Jennifer Aniston, but there's no denying he and Angelina were more than friends -- as they both would later admit -- while co-starring in "Mr. & Mrs. Smith." "To be intimate with a married man, when my own father cheated on my mother, is not something I could forgive," Angelina told Marie Claire in 2004. But eventually, Brad revealed to Rolling Stone that the 2005 flick is his favorite past project "because I fell in love [while making it]." Angelina told The New York Times of eventually showing the flick to her children, "Not a lot of people get to see a movie where their parents fell in love." We guess Angelina doesn't consider being emotionally intimate cheating! (Do you??)

Liar, Liar: Sandra Bullock

Fib: I'm old enough.

Now here's one you don't hear every day: Sandy actually claimed she was a few years older to win her role as a scientist in "Love Potion No. 9." She admitted to Barbara Walters that she fibbed to the film's producers that she was 29 years old when she was really just 27. "After a while, you have no idea how old you are because you've lied so many times," the actress joked. But the Oscar winner isn't the only star to lie about her age. …

Liar, Liar: Nicki Minaj

Fib: I'm not that old.

Like many Hollywood stars, Nicki wiped a few years off her timeline for the sake of maintaining her youthful public image. Back in 2010, the rapper claimed to be just 24 years old, and her June 2010 cover interview with Vibe magazine even lists her birth year as 1984. But just a few months later, when Nicki filed a police report in Dallas, she listed her DOB as Dec. 9, 1982. Nicki, you have some explaining to do! (And we're not even going to address the singer's claims her posterior is the product of genetics.)

Liar, Liar: Lance Armstrong

Fib: I never doped.

When the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency first accused the seven-time Tour de France champion of using performance-enhancing drugs, Lance vehemently denied the allegations. But after his titles were stripped from him and he was banned from cycling for life, the athlete finally changed his tune. In an interview with Oprah Winfrey, Lance revealed the truth after more than a decade of lies. "Yes or no: Did you ever take banned substances to enhance your cycling performance?" Oprah asked. "Yes," replied the shamed cyclist.

Liar, Liar: Tiger Woods

Fib: Golf's golden boy could do no wrong.

Tiger's carefully constructed public image crumpled on Thanksgiving 2009 when allegations that the golf pro had serially cheated on his wife began to arise. Over the next few months, literally dozens of women came forward claiming to have been romantically and sexually involved with the married father of two. "I want to say to each of you, simply and directly, I am deeply sorry for my irresponsible and selfish behavior. I have let you down. I have let down my fans," Tiger said during a February 2010 press conference. But despite his apology, the athlete's wholesome, good-boy image was irrevocably shattered

Liar, Liar: President Bill Clinton

Fib: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

President Clinton's denial of his sexual relationship with former White House intern Monica Lewinsky has become one of the most quoted lies of all time. Clinton eventually admitted to having had an "improper physical relationship" with Lewinsky during an Aug. 17, 1998, taped grand jury testimony.