Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-2 - Page 3

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by SRUJAconscience

Furthermore bharataH explains it as trident of shivaH-"Sulamapi shadhkaramiheti kechith!"(anyone please give the meaning of this)

Meaning : It is also called as "Shoolam" by some / According to some, he also carries a Sulam in his hand.

Edited by varaali - 10 years ago
Hi, Iv  questions regrading fasts related to Mahadev. Kindly clarify my doubts. Thanks.

what is pradosh Vrat?
there are 16-Souvmar vrat, normal Souvmar vrat. But then I'v heard that the vrat falling in the Sawan month are equivalent to 16-saumvar? Is this right? Why Sawan month is so dear to Lord Shiva? Is this the month related to Parvati ji doing puja/vrat/tap to get Lord Shiva as Her husband?

Ok, now a very innocent and maybe a stupid question, so please forgive me for this but I'd like to clarify. People always say that Mahadev is Bholenath, that one can easily please Him comparing to other Lords. Is this right and still possible in this age?

Thank you for bearing my questions.

Bharat,

Pradosha occurs when trayodashi ( the thirteenth day after full moon / amavasya) falls in the evening. 

That conjuction (trayodashi + evening) is said to be sacred to Lord Shiva. It is also beleived that he performs his Ananda Tandava during Pradosha.

In fact, there is also a belief that Lord Shiva is so engrossed in his dance that there is no point in asking HIm for favour. So it is a common practice for the devotees to whisper their requests in Nand's ear, in the hopes that he will convey it to the Lord when He is free.

Regarding Vrats, I have no idea, since these practices vary from region to region.

Mahadev is known as Ashutosh - one who is easy to please- because He is happy with something as simple as an abhishekha of water / milk.

See, it is said that each of the five prominent dieties in Hinduism ( Sun, Shiva, Vishnu, Devi, Ganesha) are said to be pleased with one particular act.

For instance - Sun is propiated by offering water / full length namaskar.

Shiva is pleased by an abhishekha. That's why there is a pot of water, with drops dripping, above every Shivalinga.

Vishnu (Rama/ Krishna) is pleased by recitation (Paaraayan) That's why it is considered auspicious to read / hear Ramayan and Srimad Bhagavatam.

Devi ( Durga / Saraswati / Gowri) is pleased when one recties her praises in the form of Shlokas. That's why she is called Stotrapriya Stutimati Shruti samstutha Vaibhava 

Ganesha is pleased with... no surprises... Food... Bhojanam.

Now what happens if a person cannot perform Surya namakar, cannnot read Ramayan nor knows any slokas nor is able to cook bhojan?

All he had to do is offer water to a shiva linga and chant Om Namah shivaya and Shiva's grace will be upon him.

Of course, Lord Krishna has also said in Bhagavat Gita that He is happy when someone offers him a leaf, flower, fruit or even water with devotion (Patram pushpam Phalam toyam...)

Ultimately it is the devotion and the sinceriety which matters.

All Gods are One. It is we who have given them names, attributes, likes and dislikes...😆
OK my doubt is related to the Jal-Shiv Yuddh in DKDM. I think I already posted it in the WU update, but this is the right place, so here goes:
Jal has made Yamraj the Senapati of his army. Now Yamraj is the god of death. So whoever dies, this side or that side, it will be his headache. So the ppl who die on Jal's side also wil go to Yama. SO whats Jal's plan? To threaten Yama, "Don't let anyone die, or else!"? Because he is responsible for the dead.
Hello?
Edited by Surya_krsnbhakt - 10 years ago
It can be seen as, since Yamaraj is fighting on J's side so he'll attract J's death. As he is Dharmaraj too, so Adharma's end is a must making him winning. Life ends only when the life span gets over, before that even Yamraj can not harm. As J has said only he will be fighting so his soldiers dying may not happen.

*raises hand* I have a doubt😳

If Nandi was a Bull then why do they depict him in human body?😕Atleast he should have a bull face right!

Like this...

Nandi in a zoo-anthropomorphic form

I think the reason they depict him like this is because they want to show his superhuman qualities, and also the fact that he can interchange from human to bull form. I don't know the spiritual truths. U hav to ask MnxG abt them.
It's CV's decision. But Nandi with normal face is much better. He is a good actor, his ears shows his Bull form. Being Shivji's devotee, is his biggest asset. 
SuryaG, this is what I know ðŸ˜Š

Originally posted by Surya_krsnbhakt

OK my doubt is related to the Jal-Shiv Yuddh in DKDM. I think I already posted it in the WU update, but this is the right place, so here goes:
Jal has made Yamraj the Senapati of his army. Now Yamraj is the god of death. So whoever dies, this side or that side, it will be his headache. So the ppl who die on Jal's side also wil go to Yama. SO whats Jal's plan? To threaten Yama, "Don't let anyone die, or else!"? Because he is responsible for the dead.
Hello?

No one is a permanent resident of Yamalok. After the soul/ aatma leaves the body, Yama's messengers take the soul to Yama who then assesses the deeds performed by the soul while on Earth. If the soul deserves, it goes to higher/ better worlds. If not, it is sent back to earth to take another body / another form and start a new cycle of Karma.

According to the scriptures, Yama is one of the most impartial Gods. He dispenses justice according to the karma performed in the past lives. He can neither prevent death nor be the cause for it.

Yam a himself is bound by several laws. It is said that if a person dies in Kashi, Lord Shiva, whispers the Taraka mantra in his ears, and Yama has to set the soul free.