Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_gReenheaRt_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

Ok my doubt is related to Devi Parvati. It might have been previously asked, so sorry for a repeated question:

In Shiva Puraana, Parvati is dark, and since Shiva teases her, she does penance and her dark hue gets transformed into Devi Kaushiki and she becomes Gauri.
But in Devi Mahatmya, Devi Parvati is fair already and her fairness gets transformed into Kaushiki Devi and she becomes black and she is called Kalika.
So the colour of Kaushiki changes and Parvati alternately becomes Gauri/Kali.
So is this the story of some other Kalpa or something?
And also, Devi says she will be born as Yashoda's daughter to kill Shumbha and NIshumbha's punarjanmas. Which two asuras were these?

There is some relation btn Parvathi's complexion and Vishnu's complexion,a tale from some Puran,I just completed my exams ,so I can search for that story and post it here by tomorrow😊
Edited by SRUJAconscience - 10 years ago
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Yes, Vishnu and Parvati are brother- sister, so they share the same colour complexion.

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Parvati is Gauri, having fare complexion. As Tripurasundari, who is tantrik Parvati, she is fair.
Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: varaali

Yes, Vishnu and Parvati are brother- sister, so they share the same colour complexion.

Originally posted by: mnx12

Parvati is Gauri, having fare complexion. As Tripurasundari, who is tantrik Parvati, she is fair.

Um.. yes, you both hav given contradicting replies, but tallying with the first and second examples.😆
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

@Surya, this is discussion thread. It's highly possible views will be different based on the sources refered & It's a rule comparison is not allowed😆
i want to ask one question,how can mata durga be vindhya vasini if she is parvati and lives at kailash?
how can one person be at two places the same time?
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
If she were a person , maybe she can't, but since she is a Goddess, she  can reside in any number f places at the same time
Originally posted by: lucymoni

i want to ask one question,how can mata durga be vindhya vasini if she is parvati and lives at kailash?

how can one person be at two places the same time?

When Mata Durga took birth as Yashoda's daughter, and went to Kamsa's prison, she flew out of his hands and prophesied his death. After that she went to the Vindhya hills to do penance. Her name is Yogamaya or Ekanamsa. According to Lalita Madhava, she was present there to welcome the incarnation of Devi Lakshmi as the gopis and Devi Radha. These babies (incarnations) were carried off by the Rakshasi Poothana and by divine intervention, were dropped at Gokul, VRindavan, Barsana and surrounding places.
Devi also killed Sumbha and Nishumbha over here. Btw, can you clear the doubt above, of mine?
Originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

When Mata Durga took birth as Yashoda's daughter, and went to Kamsa's prison, she flew out of his hands and prophesied his death. After that she went to the Vindhya hills to do penance. Her name is Yogamaya or Ekanamsa. According to Lalita Madhava, she was present there to welcome the incarnation of Devi Lakshmi as the gopis and Devi Radha. These babies (incarnations) were carried off by the Rakshasi Poothana and by divine intervention, were dropped at Gokul, VRindavan, Barsana and surrounding places.
Devi also killed Sumbha and Nishumbha over here. Btw, can you clear the doubt above, of mine?

ah...but...how?
means...parvati is on kailash,then how can she live at vindhayas for eternity?🥱😲
Originally posted by: lucymoni

ah...but...how?
means...parvati is on kailash,then how can she live at vindhayas for eternity?🥱😲

She is Devi, she can reside in any number of places, like Varaaliji just explained...
Besides, Devi is not only Lord SHiva's wife... She is Vishnu's wife Brahma's wife, etc. etc. You get the general idea. And one part of her is still a Kanya. I hope your doubt is cleared.
Edited by Surya_krsnbhakt - 10 years ago