~*If the Dress Fits*~ BB and Vihaan FF

Posted: 10 years ago
Part One
An Awkward Dinner Affair

"I am so sorry I'm late," Bulbul whispered to Maya as she attempted to quietly slip in to her seat at the dinner table.

"Bulbul!" someone yelled from the front of the table.  It was Rachna, Bulbul's best friend, who at this moment was clearly a little over her alcohol tolerance level.  "Stand up! Stand up!" Rachna yelled, Bulbul slowly stood up, smiling at some of the familiar and unfamiliar people at the table.

"This is my best friend Bulbul! She's here...always late! But she's here! Yeaaa!" Rachna continued to yell.  The other customers at the restaurant were not impressed, looking over at their table with utter disgust.  "I love you Bulbul! I love you, and you and you" Rachna said as she did a little dance at the front of the table.  Bulbul smiled awkwardly, as did some people at the table, some of them holding in their laughter tight.

Bulbul slowly slipped back in to her seat, slumping in her chair.  "How much has she had to drink tonight?" Bulbul asked her friend Maya.

"I think she downed an entire-" Maya's voice was cut off by Rachna's screaming.  "An entire bottle of wine," Maya finished, rolling her eyes and getting back to her meal.

"Ah madam," the waiter said coming up to Bulbul, "some water?"

"Yes, please," Bulbul replied.  The waiter poured some water and then eyed Rachna, "I'll get you your meal madam," he said before rolling his eyes at the sloppy mess that Rachna currently was.

"Why are we having this dinner?" Bulbul asked Maya.

"Beats me," Maya answered "she hasn't said anything yet and quite frankly...I think at this point she's completely forgotten what the point of this dinner was."

"Where the hell is Raj?" Bulbul asked, not even trying to hide her disgust for him.

"In the washroom, he always knows how to exit a situation when Rachna makes a scene," Maya answered.  Maya and Bulbul stared at each other and then released a laugh that was much more out of distaste then out of finding something amusing or humorous.  

"You having any wine tonight?" Maya asked, as she lifted the bottle of red wine off the table.

"No, I'm going over to my mother's house later on tonight, to pick up some mail, you know she doesn't like it when I drink" Bulbul answered.

"Suit yourself" Maya said with a shrug "but honestly, I think it's about the only thing getting me through this dinner."

"Haha," Bulbul replied "just pour me a little then, I have been having the worst day at work,."

"How can you do it? I would kill myself having to work with all these crazy financial drones" Maya said it in a robotic voice.

"Well, it pays well" Bulbul replied, and with that her and Maya both began to laugh.  

"Wait! Stop! Stop! STOP!" Rachna yelled as she stood up once again at the head of the table.  "I have a big announcement to make...so everyone shut up!" 

"Here it goes," Bulbul whispered to Maya.

"First off," Rachna said as she began wobbling around while standing. Bulbul and Maya stood up to help her but Rachna made a hand motion for them to sit down.  "First off...RAJ!" Rachna said, as her boyfriend Raj made his way towards the table.  "RAJ! Here he is!" Rachna continued yelling.

Raj came up to the table, looking around apologetically at the people in the restaurant, he was clearly embarrassed, his facing turning beet red.  "Rajjj," Rachna said, as she slipped and fell on top of Raj.  Several people at the table stood up and Raj motioned them to sit down.

"She's fine," Raj said to everyone.

"Oops, sorry, sorry" Rachna said as she stood up and steadied herself putting her weight on Raj's shoulder.  "Okay Raj!" she said, as she looked Raj dead in the eye.  "Let's tell them."

"You're not in any state to tell them," Raj whispered loudly so everyone could hear, his anger was very apparent.

"But Raj you promised!" Rachna said, pouting her lips at him "I want to tell them now now now!"

"Rachna, stop it! You're embarrassing me!" Raj replied angrily.

"Raj," Bulbul said standing up, "I think it's best if you take her home, I'll take care of the bill."

"We don't need your money Bulbul," Raj snapped. 

"I didn't mean that Raj, I just meant I will just-" 

"Bulbul please, not right now," Raj replied annoyed.

"Bulbul! I love youuu!" Rachna yelled as she continued wobbling about. "Raj! I need to tell them!" 

"Shut up Rachna!" Raj yelled.

"Oh for God's sake!" Maya said as she stood up, "I think some of us had to sit through this awkward dinner, your disappearing act, and the fact you refused to take your fiance home much earlier to now not hear this news! Spill it out Rachna!" Everyone nodded their head in agreement to what Maya was saying.

"Maya-" Raj cut off.

"Raj, I'm going to hurl!" Rachna said.

"What?!" several people at the table yelled.

And with that Rachna barfed all over Raj, his jacket and tie getting drenched in vomit.  People looked away, and people in the restaurant were utterly disgusted.  The whispers from every corner of the restaurant started.

"We're getting married," Rachna said as she passed out on top of Raj.

Please tell me what you guys think! Lots of love.
Edited by CanadianAddict - 10 years ago
OMG another VIBU FF?!?! yesss!!! FINALLY!!

I am so so so happy to see this, and you! Thank you so much for starting this! I was so excited when I saw the thread, and now after reading this first part I am just SUPER THRILLED. THIS IS AWESOME. Im so excited! Woot! 👏🥳  🤗😳

Oh, btw, Hi! My name is Ria haha sorry. Im just so happy to see you post this :)))

Esp when there is a possibility that the show will end soon, and we wont really get to see ViBu's story (😭 which I am so sad about) ... you bringing in this FF is just such a great thing, because at least we can have ViBu live on through another story.

I loved this first part! I am really liking the story so far, seems like its really different! Loving Bulbul and her friends bonding, and the relationship you have shown so far. I see some underlying tension between Raj and Rachna, and Raj and Bulbul and Maya. Interested to find out more! Cant wait! Of course, cant wait till Vihaan is introduced!

AWESOME part 1! Please continue soon!!

<3 Ria
Originally posted by BarunAnkiLuv

OMG another VIBU FF?!?! yesss!!! FINALLY!!

I am so so so happy to see this, and you! Thank you so much for starting this! I was so excited when I saw the thread, and now after reading this first part I am just SUPER THRILLED. THIS IS AWESOME. Im so excited! Woot! 👏🥳  🤗😳

Oh, btw, Hi! My name is Ria haha sorry. Im just so happy to see you post this :)))

Esp when there is a possibility that the show will end soon, and we wont really get to see ViBu's story (😭 which I am so sad about) ... you bringing in this FF is just such a great thing, because at least we can have ViBu live on through another story.

I loved this first part! I am really liking the story so far, seems like its really different! Loving Bulbul and her friends bonding, and the relationship you have shown so far. I see some underlying tension between Raj and Rachna, and Raj and Bulbul and Maya. Interested to find out more! Cant wait! Of course, cant wait till Vihaan is introduced!

AWESOME part 1! Please continue soon!!

<3 Ria

Hi! Omg thank you for such a sweet comment, means so much that you liked the story Ria! My name is Nav.

I don't actually know what I will do with Raj yet hehe, but that is why I made this story as Vibu will be dearly missed by me.  You are so nice for commenting as you are my first and only comment :).  Thank you very very much!

Will post second part tonight or very soon! <3
So far awesome beginning, can't wait to read more 
Originally posted by CanadianAddict

Hi! Omg thank you for such a sweet comment, means so much that you liked the story Ria! My name is Nav.

I don't actually know what I will do with Raj yet hehe, but that is why I made this story as Vibu will be dearly missed by me.  You are so nice for commenting as you are my first and only comment :).  Thank you very very much!

Will post second part tonight or very soon! <3

:))) Pleasure to meet you Nav! you are very welcome 😳

haha, thanks for such a sweet response! I thought you might think Im a crazy woman, since I sounded off the wire in my comment 😆

Oohh youre going to update that fast?! Usually people take a few days (even weeks) to update their FFs, which is understandable since it must take time to write such creative and beautiful stuff. But, I am glad to hear youre one of the fast ones! haha Yay for us! 😉

-Ria
Edited by BarunAnkiLuv - 10 years ago
Loved it ..super beginning and please continue..glad to see FF on ViBu..
nice post loved it...😃
another vihaan bulbul ff..thank u so much...
plz continue eagerly waiting 
Thank you so much fungrl, Mayurnarti and Saina!!
Sorry this part is short, will have another part up (that is more interesting) shortly, am just flooded with papers. Thanks for reading <3

Part 2
Just a Reminder

"Dad! Mom!" Bulbul shouted as she walked in to the front door of her parents' home.  "Rano!? Rajeev?!" she continued yelling.  "Well...if anyone is not home, I'm just going to pick up my letters and go home," she said as she made her way to the table in the front foyer to check for her letters. Suddenly she heard laughter coming from the back of the house, she put down the letters and walked over to the back.

"Jatin! You're spoiling me!" Mona laughed as Jatin put a piece of chocolate in to Mona's mouth.

"Ahem, ahem" Bulbul pretended to clear her throat. 

Jatin instantly put down the chocolate and both Mona and him looked at Bulbul.

"Mom, Dad," Bulbul said with an embarrassed look on her face.  

"Sweetheart," Jatin said smiling as he got up to hug his daughter, Mona followed.

"Come, sit, sit" Mona said as she ushered Bulbul towards a chair on the table.

"Thanks," Bulbul said, settling in to a chair.

"Should I get you anything? Water, milk, tea?" Mona asked.

"No, mom, just sit please," Bulbul answered as she grabbed her mother's hand, forcing her back in to her chair.

"It was just such a lovely fall night, so me and your mother decided we should have dinner out back," Jatin explained to Bulbul.

"No, you're right, it's a lovely night...where's everyone else?" Bulbul asked, knowing very well that her parents would not have some romantic soiree when the kids were about.

"Rajeev is at his friend's house, and Rano went to the school dance," Mona quickly muttered under her breath.

"Mom! Dad!"

"What?!" Mona and Jatin said in unison.

"I told you not to send Rano to that school dance, that they are all the same and the kids...they misbehave so much, how could you send her?" Bulbul said furious.

"Oh how could I send her?" Mona asked inquisitively, "how could I SEND HER?" Mona stressed the words even further.

"Mom, I know that-"

"No, you don't know.  I'm her mother and I know best, I trust her and quite frankly Bulbul you need to stop being so negative" said Mona.

"I agree with your mother," Jatin began to reply before Bulbul could even plead her case to him, "it's a school dance.  All the kids will be there, and we can't refuse to send her because we believe someone will misbehave with her, or there will be drinks.  We trust her, same as we trusted you."

"Fine, I won't say a word" Bulbul replied, pretending to zip her lips.

"Anyways, how was your dinner with your friends?" Mona asked as she began to clear the table.

"Same old...minus the fact that Rachna and Raj have decided that they are getting married," Bulbul replied, not even trying to hide her disappointment.

"Oh wow, that's great! Isn't that great Jatin?" asked Mona.

"Yea...I mean, wow!  It feels like yesterday when we used to drop Bulbul and Rachna off to elementary school with their matching backpacks...my God, how fast you guys have grown..." Jatin trailed off, reminiscing about his children's childhood days.

"Mom! Dad! Have you guys not been listening to my disdained soaked words whenever I spoke about Raj?" Bulbul said, surprised at her parents reaction.

"We know you're not a big fan of him sweetheart, but-" Mona began.

"They've known each other for four months, mom.  How can people know each other in four months?" Bulbul said, cutting Mona off.

"Maybe you just need to try to get to know him more," Jatin said, with a half smile on his face.

"Oh come on Dad, I'm not the only one who thinks he's a jerk," Bulbul replied.

"Well, he makes Rachna happy, I mean isn't the fact she's ready to walk down the aisle with him an indicator that he may be the right person for her?" asked Mona.

"No mom, the fact that she's ready to marry him isn't an indicator that he is the right guy for her," Bulbul said, tears beginning to brim her eyes.  She quickly looked away to avoid her mother's gaze.

"Bulbul-" Mona began.

"Forget it," Bulbul said as she got up from the table.  "I should go anyways, I have some Saturday morning errands to run."

"Bulbul, sweetie...I just...I just...I meant that you should trust Rachna's judgement," Mona said, frantically trying to stop Bulbul from leaving.

Bulbul didn't pay any heed to her mother's word, inside she knew her mother didn't mean anything like she was thinking, but she just wanted to be alone.  She quickly walked to the front door and grabbed the envelopes of mail off of the front table and shoved them in her purse.  

"Bulbul please!" she heard her mother behind her.

"I'll call you guys in the morning," she whispered to her dad, who was standing beside her.  He quietly nodded, and gave her a look reassuring her that he would take care of her mother.

"Bye sweetheart," he said, as she walked out the door.

Edited by CanadianAddict - 10 years ago
Awesome yaar and now i can't wait...
Can you please PM me when you update next part so i don't miss
Originally posted by --Saina--

Awesome yaar and now i can't wait...
Can you please PM me when you update next part so i don't miss

Thank you so much dear! That means a lot, honestly :).

Please add me as a friend, as I cannot add you because my internet is being dramatic.  So then I will be able to send you PMs