Hum ne li hai... Shapath

Supercops v/s Supervillians Discussion Thread

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I'm pretty sure that this series will be very controversial and we all will have lots to say about it. Hence I'm opening a special discussion thread just for this series. Edited by KS_Shreya - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wH-OAue7veM[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by KS_Shreya - 11 years ago
Minionite thumbnail
Apparently there will be 18 episodes of this series! I'm watching today's episode. If I like it I'll continue, else I'm not watching Shapath until this series doesn't end!
Minionite thumbnail
Oh that episode was worse than I thought! I'll meet you all 18 episodes later! That is if I still feel like watching Shapath after that.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Yeah, I just went what the 🤬?

First of all, if someone gets struck by lightning, he's dead - he doesn't become Electric-man or whatever!  They seem to be trying to make this some sort of a comic-book supervillain - just like Peter Parker got bitten by a spider and got his super powers, Sahil got struck by lightning and now has the power to zap anyone.  Not just that - when he's attacked by multiple cops, he can split the lightning into as many ways and that too accurately, and toss off all the guns. 🤔  And it bizarrely dies out after a distance when he's low on 'charge'.  Do these CVs have any idea about how electricity works?

Now, from a POV perspective, this is the first time that I've seen this serial ever show the POV of the criminal.  Okay, they did it for the scientist whose invention about making himself invisible got stolen, and last week w/ the guy who could control everything, but other than that, no.  But here, they pretty much set Sahil up for sympathy from the audience, and it's not until one hears Kamalesh's statement to the cop that one hears the other side of the story.  Anjali was already the gf of one of the other guys, so them showing it like Sahil was being wronged was just bizarre.  Yeah, the guys were not justified in ragging him, but if they thought that he was a freeloader, they should simply have kept their distance.

Now, from that super cop side.  Last week, they showed him in Delhi totally spooking out others by reading their mind - he just has bizarro telepathic powers.  And in the last moments of the episode, they showed him anticipating Sahil's moves and ducking the sparks.

Teje has been suddenly transferred - probably the first non-violent end to a character.  The new ACP looks like the late Freddie Mercury, the lead singer of that 80s group Queen, so I like him that way, but he's too weird.

If the serial is right now at a low due to the IPL (although they show the re-broadcast at midnight, after the match telecast & analysis is completely over), then why don't they just make it something that will just last the next IPL?  18 episodes means 3 months, but the IPL will be over in late May.

Do all the actors in this currently play roles in other serials, where they can be kept interested?  Or is this the only thing they do?  I can see them getting bored and quitting, if this continues.
Minionite thumbnail
Vrish I'm surprised you had the patience to write out such a long review. All I could think of "I'm not going to swear, I'm not going to swear, I'm not going to swear". I started that episode thinking...okay let's give this series a try. By the end of it I was thinking...why did I give this series a try?!!

I have a feeling the CVs do no research whatsoever when they write their shows. If they did, then they wouldn't do what they had just done.

The only saving factor of the whole episode was probably the POV perspective. Somewhere along the line I felt that the actors were forcing themselves to act in the show. I don't know if anyone else noticed it.

As far as I know none of these actors are in any other shows right now, but if this continues it won't be long before each of them slowly leaves and is "killed".
diyaloveskinny thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
this series will have 18 Episodes am suprised,  means it will take around 3-4 months to end.  
Minionite thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: diyaloveskinny

this series will have 18 Episodes am suprised,  means it will take around 3-4 months to end.  

I timed it. 22nd June the series will finally end.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Ok, just saw tonight's episode.  The serial seems to have morphed into a mini comedy, which it was during the confrontation b/w ACP Dalil Kumar and the rest of his staff.  He kept guessing what each one of them was thinking about him, totally freaking them out.  Too funny to watch.

One thing I didn't get about this episode was Anjali's behavior.  She was a hostage, but she hated Sahil, and preferred Nikhil.  So when the hostage situation was coming to a close and he asked her to take him to his parents, why did she turn back?  Since she didn't care for him?

Even more inexplicable was her crying for him when he passed away.  I mean, she was amongst those who had humiliated him - rightly or wrongly.  So for her to cry over his death looked too much like crocodile tears.

I won't make any special effort to watch next week's episode.  I really wish they'd have just as many episodes as they need to run out the IPL, and then return to normal programming.  If they remember what it is.
Minionite thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: .Vrish.

Ok, just saw tonight's episode.  The serial seems to have morphed into a mini comedy, which it was during the confrontation b/w ACP Dalil Kumar and the rest of his staff.  He kept guessing what each one of them was thinking about him, totally freaking them out.  Too funny to watch.

I can imagine. If someone was reading my mind I would get totally freaked out as well. ðŸ˜†