Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Nirbhaya episode to be aired in Crime Patrol
Nirbhaya episode to be aired in Crime Patrol

Crime Patrol is now planning to air their episode on the December 16 Delhi gang-rapenext week, after the verdict in the case was announced. 

A source said, "The verdict is out, so the channel is planning to air the episode, and will also include the fact that the accused have been convicted."

Earlier, the channel was restrained from airing the episode by the BCCC ( Broadcasting Content Complaints Council) till the verdict was given. Prior to BCCC, the I&B Ministry had informally asked the channel to not air the episode.

Minionite thumbnail

"I would have loved to host The Bachelorette India..."

Says actor - anchor Anup Soni who is a popular host and wants to explore more genres.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 | 6:39:02 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: india-forums.com/tellybuzz  |   0 Comments  |  43 Views

It has been more than two years thatAnup Soni has been associated with the popular show Crime Patrol on Sony TV. He is also seen in the family drama Balika Vadhu onColors. However, he is eager to do more says Anup, "Many people think that with these two shows my hands are full but the fact is that I still have time to do more shows. I would like to tell them that I am not all that busy and would want to do more work cause these two shows don't take that much of my time."

It was for this particular reason that Anup says he lost out on the opportunity of hosting 'The Bachelorette India - Mere Khayalon ki Mallika' which is all about the controversial actress Mallika Sherawat finding a groom for herself on national television. Talking about the same Anup says, "I got to know that the people associated with The Bachelorette India - Mere Khayalon ki Mallika' were looking at me as a probable host for the show but didn't come forward to ask me as they thought I would be too busy. They recently approached me to do a special episode which didn't materialize but I would have loved to host this show."

Everyone including the audience and his fans too seem to think of Anup having a serious image as a host of Crime Patrol. Does it act as a deterrent too? And how does Anup himself try to come out of that image? "The profile should match my personality. The Bachelorette India - Mere Khayalon ki Mallika' is a show about human nature and relationships and I would have enjoyed doing it. I would have done it in my style and added something from my side to the show."

Does this slotting bother him? "No, not exactly. You can't deny that every actor is slotted while casting, depending on the personality or the kind of roles that he has done in the past. For the very same reason I wanted to try out something different."

For the future, Anup has no specific plans, "I never plan when it comes to which kind of projects I will be doing in the future. For me what is important is that the role should be important to the flow of the story whether it is for TV, films or theatre. I am in talks for couple of films but can talk about them only when things are finalized."

Anup and Juhi were also in news recently for having been approached for the dance reality show Nach Baliye Season 6 on Star Plus. Clarifying whether he will be doing the show Anup says, "Not only this year but we have been approached earlier too but I don't think we will take it up. Me and Juhi both are keen on things like singing or dancing but to do a show like this is too much of a pressure and we are not mentally prepared to take up that kind of pressure at this stage. There are intense rehearsals and practice that goes into a show like this which will be too taxing for us. Also our son is too small for us to give so much time outside. Let's see maybe we will do a guest appearance or some such thing but I don't see us participating, at least not this year."

Seema Khot Mattoo

Minionite thumbnail

Dehli gang-rape case on Sony TV's Crime Patrol this weekend

Summary: The much-in-debate Delhi gang rape case is the next burning social issue that will be dealt with in Sony Entertainment Television's Crime Patrol (Optimystix Productions). The story will be aired as a two-episode chronicle wherein for Suhasi, the 23 years old girl the ghastly night of 16 December 2012 tarnished her entire existence. When Suhasi along with her boy friend Nilesh boarded a bus, they never knew that the life would come to a stand-still with few perverts and drunkards waiting to get their prey. The men who instigated the couple initially got into a fight with Nilesh and wounded him so much that he could not move. Then they set their evil eyes on Suhasi, and when the brave girl resisted, they came back at her with vengeance and raped her one by one, only to later beat her with shoves and rods. Later, the men threw Suhasi and Nilesh out of the bus. Suhasi whose health deteriorated in the hospital with every passing minute provided details of the 6 guys, and after all the struggle the police succeeded in nabbing the criminals. The condition of Suhasi set the people of the nation on a big hue and cry to protect the innocent from such people's menacing eyes. As the Government and citizens woke up to fight for the cause, Suhasi breathed her last after being airlifted to Singapore. She had suffered a cardiac arrest before she lost her brave battle. This movement that has aroused the nation to fight against such ruthless acts of youngsters has been going on... And we do hope we succeed in erasing such brutality from the face of the earth. Catch this soul-touching twin episodes on Sony TV's Crime Patrol on 21st and 22nd September.

Minionite thumbnail

In our country people think they can do anything and get away with it easily: Anup Soni

The verdict is out for the criminals involved in the Delhi rape case. And at this juncture, Sony Entertainment Television as we know finally airs the special episode on the Delhi gang rape case in Crime Patrol (Optimystix Production).

Here, we bring you the views of the show's presenter Anup Soni, who appreciates the verdict but has an ambiguous opinion on the death sentence.

"I have two opinions on that. I wouldn't advocate death sentence completely but it depends on the type of crime that has been committed. What these men did was exceptionally brutal. The girl and her friend also sought their mercy but they had turned devils. So, I am okay with this judgment. In our country people think that they can do anything and get away with it easily. So in order to instil fear in the minds of criminals we needed to prove a point," says Soni.

The episode was shot in January (2013) but was put on hold after initial protests. "We have always followed facts and don't twist the incidents and just want to raise a few questions. Even in this case, we followed what has been told and recorded by the police. We had no intention whatsoever to sensationalise the issue and get any viewership mileage. By airing the gang rape, we are simply talking about the lessons we have learnt out of it, the precautions we need to take and changes we can implement," he avers.

The actor believes that justice should be delivered in all the cases and not just the ones highlighted by media. "I have a strong opinion on acid attacks. We shot an episode on Sonali Mukherjee whose face was destroyed when sprinkled with acid. The culprits of this case are roaming free even today which is very sad," he rues.

After doing the show the 38-year-old has become a different person. He says his point of view and the way of looking at others have changed. "I have become more sensitive towards people than what I used to be three years ago. We spend endlessly on our lifestyles but start squabbling over petty issues without service providers. People would dine out at an expensive restaurant but would never pay extra money to the maid at home. It is high time that we start understanding their perspectives," he observes adding that the difference between rich and poor is one of the factors behind converting man into devil.

"There is a kind of frustration in society. In Mumbai, they say that outsiders are part of the crimes happening here. But one should realise that the man committing a crime also has a family and children. They should be treated as human beings. They need to be given what they deserve. If you understand others, life will be easier," he maintains.

Soni, who has been with Crime Patrol for a long time, doesn't hesitate in adding his inputs. He reads the entire screenplay of the episode. "Sometimes I even add certain lines that my team is happy to incorporate. I don't take part in the research process since there is a dedicated department to take care of this," he informs.

Well, with a show that contributes so much to the society, having a presenter as dedicated as Anup is always an added advantage.

Muskaan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Crime Patrol: Delhi gangrape incident to go on air today

The horrifying incident of Delhi rape case will be aired today on Sony in the reality based crime show Crime Petrol. The host of the show Anup Sonisaid that the makers are not trying to sensationalise the issue but they are definitely trying to raise some vital questions relating to such type of terrible incidents occurring every hour in our country. 

"The entire nation is aware about the truth and also the facts about this incident and we don't do any add-on on our show. We are not trying to sensationalise the issue here by enacting it on 'Crime Patrol'," Anup told IANS in a telephonic interview.

On December 16, 2012, a 23-year-old physiotherapy intern was brutally raped by six in a moving bus after she board the bus with one of her friends. Among the six, four of the convicts were sentenced to death, one juvenile was sent to correction home and one convict already committed suicide in jail.

Anup says "we are trying to raise a few questions through the show".

"(We will tell) What all precautions and remedies are taken if anything like this happens in the future. This was a special case and thus was sent to fast-track court. So our question is - 'Will the same thing be done with other similar cases?'".

The episode was supposed to go air much before but shelved due to some unknown reasons.

"I would definitely vouch for my show; Crime Patrol' has been very sensitive towards its graphic representations. We have shot the story sensitively and there is no drama," said Soni.

"We got clearance from the ministry after the court verdict on the incident," he added.

The episode was shoot with extra conscious as everyone is aware of the incident and it triggered nation wide protest.

"Every episode and every issue - be it rape, kidnap, or a murder, all of it is very sensitive. It is very difficult for us to shoot or enact all of these. But with this particular episode, we had to be very careful because the entire nation is aware about it and people came on the roads to show their anger," Anup said.

The episode will be aired Saturday and Sunday. So, don't forget to tune in to Sony!

Minionite thumbnail

Anup Soni's Interview in Times of India

Courtesy : Times of India 26th September

After 'Crime Patrol' aired an episode on the Nirbhaya gang-rape case recently, the show's host Anup Soni talks about the need to highlight such cases on television and the impact it has on the audience. The idea, he says, is to spread awareness about the laws, and to sensitize people and the police about the right way to deal with women and issues pertaining to them.

On taking up real cases with a message
We choose a case where we want to tell something to people and spread awareness about it. We don't pick a case saying, "Oh my God, this is an interesting case. The audience would be interested in knowing about it."

A few days back, we took a case where a priest donated his kidney to a stranger. Now, if you see, there's nothing sensational about the case. People complained saying, "Your show's a crime show and you have shown a story where there's no crime."

Jab hum buri cheez ko dekh ke yeh seekhte hain ki bura kaam nahi karna chahiye, to kya hum acche kaam to dekh ke yeh nahi seekh sakte, ki humein bhi accha kaam karna chahiye. If you remember, we had called the real priest and the recipient of the kidney on the show. With Crime Patrol, we also try to make people aware about certain laws. Do you know that there is no such thing as jurisdiction now? Agar kisi ladki ke saath koi haadsa hua hai, woh ABCD area mein hua ho, aur aap GH area mein jaake usse register karayenge, then the police have to register an FIR. Later the police can transfer the case to the concerned area. Nobody can say, "This doesn't come under my jurisdiction." Like Asaram Bapu's case, the incident happened somewhere else and it was registered somewhere else.

On the Nirbhaya case
The Nirbhaya case shook the nation's consciousness. Aap sochiye, kya Nirbhaya case se pehle aur rape cases nahi huye hain, lekin logon ka patience kha-tam ho gaya tha. Unhe lagne laga tha ki yeh toh mazaak hai yaar, ki Dilli jaise shehar mein raat ko 9 baje aap itna brutal crime kar sakte hain. People got affected by the brutality of the crime and came out on to the streets to demand justice for Nirbhaya.

On the reaction to the verdict
I would not like to pass a statement like, "Yeh bahut accha hua ki unhe death sentence mila". But in a case like this, many things need to be considered. If you talk about it in legal terms, the girl died. So that makes the crime even bigger. Main yeh nahi kehna chah raha hoon ki aapne death sentence de diya to aap logon ko dara denge lekin kahin na kahin yeh baat ek insaan ke dimaag mein jaana bahut zaruri hai ki mujhe sazaa hogi agar main galat kaam karunga. A criminal should be scared of the consequences of a crime.

On the male mentality
I want to write a book on, "It's all about mentality". You must have read a whole lot of books on self-confidence and attitude. Attitude comes with mentality. I am seriously thinking about writing a book that talks about how your mentality influences the way you do things. It's not about a city " Mumbai safe hai, unsafe hai, ya Dilli safe hai, ya Baroda safe hai. It's all about people and their thinking process. Mothers should teach their sons how it is to be a woman. We have quoted a line from a famous American women's rights activist on the show, "Betiyon ko toh logon ne beton ki tarah bada karne ka sochna shuru kar diya hai par bahut kam log hai jo beton ko betiyon ki tarah bada karne ka sochte hain." Point yeh hai ki aapke beton ko pata hona chahiye ki ek aurat hona kya hota hai. It is essential to make people sensitive towards women. Boys should be taught that a woman is not a material or an object.

On police sensitization
It is very easy to blame the police or administration. Everyone has a role to play. Administration has a role to play. Police has a role to play. I think everybody should play their roles honestly.Ab jaise police ka jahaan tak sawaal his, woh log apna kaam karte hain, bahut mehnat karte hain. I think as far as handling rape cases is concerned, police waalon ko training dena zaruri hai. Every police officer has a certain perspective which has been shaped by his upbringing. Jab ek policewaale ke paas ek ladki jaati hai aur kehti hai ki mera rape ho gaya, main wahaan pub mein gayi thi, there are chances that a police officer might think, "You invited it upon yourself because you went to the pub. It's your fault." I think we need to make police personnel sensitive towards these kinds of cases.

After this case, the Delhi Police has introduced sensitization sessions. If police officers are provided training on how to interact with victims of such cases, I think the credibility and confidence of police will improve. But after the Nirbhaya case, some changes have been observed in Delhi Police's functioning. It will take time but things could improve.
Minionite thumbnail

'Crime Patrol': Episodes on Delhi rape case yield high viewership

Two episodes of TV show 'Crime Patrol', which depicted the gang rape of Dec 16, 2012, yielded high viewership.

Friday, September 27, 2013 | 2:08:09 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   0 Comments  |  542 Views

Two episodes of TV show 'Crime Patrol', which depicted the gang rape of Dec 16, 2012, yielded high viewership.

"The Delhi rape case episode has made 'Crime Patrol' the number one show this week. We had a total of 10.4 million TVT's (Television Viewership in Thousands)," says Sneha Rajani, executive vice president and business head, Sony Entertainment Television.

The channel has decided to repeat the episodes.

"The episode will be repeated. But there is nothing special which has been done for the repeat telecast," Rajani added.

The ratings were expected.

"We were expecting this. It was a case which awakened the nation. It was very sad and it shook everyone up," said Rajani.

On Dec 16, 2012, a 23-year-old physiotherapy intern was raped by six people, including a juvenile, inside a moving bus in Delhi. Four of the convicts were recently sentenced to death.

The show depicted the incident. It was not done to sensationalize the issue, the show's hostAnup Soni had earlier said.

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/wassup/16942-crime-patrol-episodes-on-delhi-rape-case-yield-high-viewership.htm

Minionite thumbnail
Crime Patrol's Delhi rape episode yield high TVTs
Crime Patrol's Delhi rape episode yield high TVTs

Two episodes of TV show "Crime Patrol", which depicted the gang rape of Dec 16, 2012, yielded high viewership.

"The Delhi rape case episode has made 'Crime Patrol' the number one show this week. We had a total of 10.4 million TVTs (Television Viewership in Thousands)," Sneha Rajani,executive vice president and business head,Sony Entertainment Television, told IANS.

The channel has decided to repeat the episodes.

"The episode will be repeated. But there is nothing special which has been done for the repeat telecast," Rajani added.

The ratings were expected.

"We were expecting this. It was a case which awakened the nation. It was very sad and it shook everyone up," said Rajani.

On Dec 16, 2012, a 23-year-old physiotherapy intern was raped by six people, including a juvenile, inside a moving bus in Delhi. Four of the convicts were recently sentenced to death.

The show depicted the incident. It was not done to sensationalise the issue, the show's host Anup Soni had earlier said.

Minionite thumbnail

Mazher Sayed in Sony TV's Crime Patrol

Summary: Talking about his experience, Mazher shares, "This was one of the most difficult shoots I have ever done. It was emotionally draining as a performer and as a person. It was seriously epic; I have never attempted something like this." Informing us about the story, he says, "It is about a inter caste married couple who lives happily with their three year old child, when suddenly the man turns up at his house to find his wife dead and child kidnapped. He files for a case and as the investigation starts, the entire story unfolds in an interesting way." Based on a true story, the actor maintains it was a great experience shooting for Crime Patrol. "I have previously done another episodic where I played a Casanova and was on the wrong side of the law. And this time I was crying throughout the episode (smiles). As an actor, working on such an episodic can be really fruitful as the main concern is just performance without any make-up or fancy clothes." He concludes, "The director of the show is never satisfied with one shot, he really wants perfection and I think that comes across onscreen too. Crime Patrol has a huge viewership, and I wish the show a great future ahead." The episode will be aired this Friday and Saturday (11 and 12 October 2013).
Minionite thumbnail

Crime Patrol to go bi-weekly, Bhoot Aaya to air every Sunday at 11 pm

Summary: Sony Entertainment Television's highly popular crime show, Crime Patrol (Optimystix) which now airs tri weekly ( Fri- Sunday) at the 11 pm slot will now air twice a week. This schedule change will come into effect from this weekend with Bhoot Aaya taking the Sunday 11 pm slot. The same was confirmed by Aloka Guha, VP & Head - Non-Fiction Programming, Sony Entertainment Television. "We will air this new horror show for the next six months." She justified making the hit Anoop Soni anchored show bi weekly saying, "11 pm slot has been good for us with Crime Patrol which showcased real life crime cases now we are simply adding real life horror stories, so the connect should remain the same," said Guha.