Bulbul's Characterization

lovely_lady thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Okay so I've been a longtime viewer of this soap. Basically from the beginning to its eventual coming end. And despite all the inconsistencies in this drama, I do want to say that I am pleased with one thing, the characterization of Bulbul. 

When we were first introduced to her, she was a daddy's girl. She loved Pradeep and didn't like anyone speaking ill of him. Even when Anu was introduced into their lives, Bulbul still loved her father. She stuck for him. And then Vineet came into the picture. She was rude to him because she still wanted her parents to get back together. But she showed some understanding when he talked to her. All in all, from the little appearances of Bulbul during the first part of KHTV, she was portrayed as this headstrong, stubborn girl who was loyal to those she loved but rude to people she didn't know/ didn't like (straightforward in other words).

And then we saw Bulbul after the leap. She was a rude, closed off person who didn't trust anyone. And the changes in her personality were due to her parent's divorce and her dad's death. For an Ekta soap, I thought it was a pretty realistic reaction for a character who had a somewhat traumatic upbringing to have. And as we saw more of her, she was revealed to still be this headstrong, stubborn girl who was loyal to those she loved and very straightforward, but with a rude side. I absolutely enjoyed how Ekta made the older Bulbul's character have the same quirks as the younger Bulbul but added new parts to her too. Usually in soaps when kids characters age, the characters do a complete 180 turn. In Bulbul's case she didn't. 

And I also really enjoyed how for once, she had the girl be in power over the guy, as opposed to the guy over the girl (yes this was revealed to be a ruse, but for a time being, she was Vihaan's boss). In other soaps, its usually the main male character who doesn't believe in love/ thinks its stupid and lords over the main female character. And the main female character turns out to be this amazing girl who believes in love and in the end she manages to get the main male lead to believe in love/ fall in love with her. I LOVED how it was opposite here. Instead, we had Vihaan as the true romantic who believed in true love and tried to change Bulbul and Bulbul was the boss. It was such a nice switch up. 

Also, I love how despite falling in love, Bulbul didn't do a complete change either. She's still the stubborn, headstrong girl. Sure, she's a bit nicer, but she's still pretty straightforward. I distinctly remember when Vihaan's soup was too hot or something and she screamed at the servant (which was pretty cringeworthy). It was such a classic Bulbul thing to do. And even when she tried to unmask the actress Vihaan hired to play his fake fianc. The entire family was counting on Bulbul's straightforwardness/ justice first personality to expose the actress. She's still the same girl as before just a little different. 

And finally, props to the two actresses who played Bulbul. Sargun was great, and so was the younger actress (whose name I unfortunately do not know). They portrayed a girl in angst over her parent's separation and the changes it brought very well. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
@TM v.gud observn!! tho i'dn't watched the show pre-leap,only few scenes or 3-4 epis  but i knew the story even if not all the ckts v.much but i agree that ekta atleast didn't butcher BB's ckt till now which i watched post-leap.thatswhy i like BB's ckt in whole of this show tho vihaan & jatin r v.gud ckts.i don't know much abt vineet but heard he was v.nice.
BB is really a realistic ckt . shes shown 2 react like any such prsn"ll react in those situtns..and i didn't see actress playing younger BB, onky watched last scene after pradeep's death wen she went away from his body. so i won't comment on her acting much. but from ur post  & that scene it luks like she was gud.but i"ll say abt sargun that i'd watched from Phulwa & shes fab actress & one of best on TV these days who emotes every emotion v. naturally & u feel 4 the ckt!!👏⭐️⭐️ in KHTV they didn't show much emotions in BB but still Sargun portrayed it naturally but if any1'd watched phulwa, they can see phulwa's pain, humilation & feel crying 4 her just bcoz sargun. i doubt if any1else wud'd done that much justice wid that ckt!!⭐️⭐️
priya1804 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
 Great post! 😊👏
lamiya2 thumbnail
I must say well written and well said
Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
great postEdited by _Meena_ - 11 years ago
--Saina-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Me too loved BB's characterization even though i watched only post leap especially the way she came off during the fake wedding plan ...

Sargun did full justice to the role as well. Ekta sure knows the nerve of audience when it comes to casting 😊