Actors vs Characters: Weekend Discussion Post.

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
I actually wrote this response to someone else's thread. But he closed it. So, I thought to make a post on it. It's been long since I want to discuss these things.

I see lot of threads getting close coz Modz feel we are bashing a Character.

I want to know today the DIFFERENCE between ACTOR vs CHARACTER.

Let's discuss this issue. And, please everyone take this in right spirit. This is NO counter argument or anything. It's about discussing what everyone feels here.

When we call Raavi as Samosa or Dumbo. When we Hate Raavi.. People say

What Aanchal must be feeling knowing that her Character is being hated to the core?

Well, to answer that..

what do you think Amrish Puri used to think when people hated him for Playing Negative roles? or what do you think all the Actors who play negative characters on these serials feel coz they are being hated everywhere. πŸ˜•

Let's look from opposite perspective.. Raavi is not a negative character.. but still people hate it.

Why should it affect Aanchal πŸ˜• She isn't the one writing tracks or dialogues. She does what she has been asked to do. She can't control her character & also the fact that she can't control what viewers feel for her character. All Actors are aware about this fact.

Some characters are loved by masses whereas some just doesn't click with audience inspite of being positive. Raavi's character falls into later category.

There is nothing to worry about what an Actor must feel when you comment about CHARACTER. Because simply you are discussing CHARACTER and NOT an ACTOR. Period.

But It's a different thing when you make a comment about Actors acting. Like we say Vivek nailed this scene. It's a Praise. It's like you are impressed with his acting.

Same way when you say... Rinku wasn't upto the mark. She gave very worst expression. That's called criticism. You didn't like someone's acting & pointed out flaws.

Why Don't all Actors get awards? Simply because Not everyone can act Brilliantly.

Criticism in the field of acting isn't WRONG. We have critics. Actor generally takes Criticism spiritedly and improve. That is the way to learn. That is the way to grow. When Audience Criticize some actor doesn't mean they are bashing. It's simply means.. you didn't like so n so's acting. That's it. Actors aren't sitting there to cry over some comment. They know to take criticism. It's the blind fans who terms criticism as bashing. πŸ₯±

Calling a Character names [like Samosa, thakeli] isn't calling an Actor. We are here to discuss this serial and it's characters.

We can call whatever we want to character coz simply, he/she doesn't exist in reality. Actors can't control their character & also the fact that they can't control what viewers feel for their character. All Actors are aware about this fact. they aren't sitting there to feel bad if someone calls their character names. They are in the field where all this is common & they are habituated.

THANK YOU.😊 I thought to point out what I feel. Hope to hear from you all. Please have healthy discussion.  
Edited by Sachi16 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

skyforceguy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
now this is exactly what i wanted to post! Poor me, couldn't do it properly. Well, i'm extremely sorry if it had hurt you anyway when i closed that thread and made your comment look valueless. Hats off for this post btw, super like!
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Originally posted by: PritamDas01

now this is exactly what i wanted to post! Poor me, couldn't do it properly. Well, i'm extremely sorry if it had hurt you anyway when i closed that thread and made your comment look valueless. Hats off for this post btw, super like!

I didn't feel bad Pritam. Trust me.

It's actually good that you closed.. coz starting a New Topic for the same looks better now.

I really wanted to discuss these things since long. It can be our Weekend Discussion Post.

I should Thank You.  And, I am glad you liked it. πŸ˜ƒ
Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Cant agree more Sachi😊

Characters and Actors are different. When Raavi is called Samosa...it is Raavi and not Aanchal. Same goes with the other characters as well.

I guess there is a huge difference between criticism and bashing. Raavi is not looking good in her make up. Actually she did look horrible in one scene. I want to have the freedom to express the above sentence. What I saw and felt, i want to express. Yes, if I start using abusive words, it is bashing and definitely steps should be taken. 

I have gone through lot of old posts especially that of Bebe track where Lucky and Bebe were criticised a lot sometimes I felt it did go beyond limit. But it is fine because it is someone else's opinion.

There is also the context in which we say...sometimes we have a serious discussion...whereas sometimes we are having fun. 

Honestly there are lots and loads of things which I want to say about Raavi...but I am not sure if I am allowed to say..and hence I have to use other means to discuss.

Again as Sachi said...Dev team please do not take it as a criticism against you. It is just our opinion we would like to share. 
skyforceguy thumbnail
thanks. Now let me clear one more thing, my post wasn't a fanboy's approach
Shwets1502 thumbnail
@Pritam...Hope you did not mind me telling I did not understand your post😳 And seriously there was nothing fanboy in ur thread. I felt you wanted to distinguish actor and the character.
skyforceguy thumbnail
yes shwetha, i said that in the first comment of this topic. And i didn't mind anything. Instead i was feeling bad for making sachi's post valueless in my topic. Anyways, i guess nobody is unhappy with someone else's behaviour! Peace!!Edited by PritamDas01 - 11 years ago
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
@Shwets..

That's absolutely what I feel.

If we use foul language or dismissive words.. Then Action should definitely be taken.

But if we call a Character by Name.. Samosa. Where does this fall into bashing? It's not even Criticism. It's the name that has been used for the Character in the serial itself.

I want to give an example. I used to be part of Forum which show is off-air. There was time when we absolutely didn't like The Female Lead behavior. We used to voice it out. There were some who liked her.. They used to counter argue saying, They disagree. Then we argued with our reasons & they with their own reasons. But Not for a day we had fights or anything. Everyone agreed to Disagree. And, It was about CHARACTER. That is the way to have discussion. 😊

I don't think twice before making Fun of A CHARACTER. Coz I feel He/She doesn't exist in reality.  Why should someone feel bad for a Non-existent thing. And, I will continue to post what I feel because I know I  Never use hurtful words to make a comment. My Language is very polite & clear. Thanks.😊

And, yes

TO DEV TEAM, Please we aren't making a comment on you. I wanted to have this discussion to know what other forum members feel. I hope you would take that in the same manner. πŸ˜ƒ
Shwets1502 thumbnail
@Sachi...I guess you were not there in that forum where actually a big issue arose...πŸ˜† I dont remember exactly for what...But yes there was a huge issue once. It is because people are not ready to hear criticism also. 

Everyday is not going to be a good day for everyone. Day before Raavi had a bad day, yesterday it was better...and we voice our opinions according to that. As for calling names...we are just having fun at the sake of characters which are non-existent as you say. If we call the actors name...atleast then there is some point. 
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
@Shwets -- but still it was just one time event compared to other forums where wars happen everyday.

I like here in Parvarrish coz we don't have Crazy lead's fans. πŸ˜ƒ

We can discuss whatever we wants.

And, I also want this place to be more free in terms of discussing CHARACTERS. 😊