No Jane Austen fan?

Posted: 10 years ago
I was wondering, how many of ull have read Jane Austen's novel. I read pride and prejudice recently and quite liked it. I m planning to read sense and sensibility next. So any Jane Austen fan here?
Here!
PP was the first classic I ever read in 8th grade and fell in love with the genre.
I m not a fan of her other books though. All are written on similar lines but the witty dialogues and characterizations are something not to pass by.
pride and prejudice is my fav in the genre...and i love jane austen's work

Pride and Prejudice is my favorite novel as well. Read it for the first time when I was 17. Since then I have read it few times...I just love the connection/attraction between Elisabeth and Mr.Darcy!

I also liked "Emma" but, not as much as "Pride and Prejudice".

I am not a fan of Austen's other books! I have found them… bit boring! 🥱

I read Pride and Prejudice in my seventh grade. I've reread it several times over after that because I never get enough of it, it's my most favorite after the Harry Potter series. I have read half of Emma as well but somehow I could never finish it. 🤔

And recently I read Sense and Sensibility which is a beautiful book. Jane Austen's books have the recurring theme of matrimony. She has produced some of the most unforgettable heroes and heroes of her time. And then there's her wit, way with comedy and sarcasm and majestic writing! From where I see it, she wasn't a creative genius as far as the themes for her books went but her characterizations are the best I have ever read. I'm a fan of hers, yes. 😳

Edited by epiphany. - 10 years ago
PnP is beautifully written and the characters are by far one of the best etched. I read it back when I was in 9th..i still read it again to understand the notions and working of that period. Haven't read any of her other works though reading the synopsis the themes seem to be similar.

PnP is one of those books that would definitely stand the test of time. Literary enthusiasts shouldn't miss this one!Edited by deereyedgal504 - 10 years ago

I m reading sense and sensibility and loving it. I hv Emma as well n will give it a try as well :-)

Originally posted by epiphany.

I read Pride and Prejudice in my seventh grade. I've reread it several times over after that because I never get enough of it, it's my most favorite after the Harry Potter series. I have half of Emma as well but somehow I could never finish it. 🤔 And recently I read Sense and Sensibility which a beautiful book. Jane Austen's books have the recurring theme of matrimony. She had produced some of the most unforgettable heroes and heroes of her time. And then there's her wit, way with comedy and sarcasm and majestic writing! From where I see it, she wasn't a creative genius as far as the themes for her books went but her characterizations are the best I have ever read. I'm a fan of hers, yes. 😳

I love Jane Austen! Her style of writing her novels is just extraordinary. Pride & Prejudice is one of my favorite books.
I have been a huge Austen fan since I read Sense & Sensibility at 16. I've read most of her works but Pride & Prejudice is my favorite. Her books have a pleasant, feel-good quality to them which make them such a joy to read. Mansfield Park and Northanger Abbey are also pretty impressive with the latter having a slightly gothic/ghostly touch, something you don't normally associate with Austen. Emma, however, is one book I started to read but never got to finish.
I have Emma kept in my bookshelf. Now I am wondering whether I should read it or no